PDA

View Full Version : Caves of Ice

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 01:27 AM
is it possible to get an S rank if i solo the mission ( no three or two person switches that i need to fool around with in order to get the S rank)

TY

Xefi
Mar 15, 2008, 01:29 AM
yes, you can solo it. I dont recall any switches there.

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 01:30 AM
thanks a lot

Zorafim
Mar 15, 2008, 02:12 AM
I've been soloing it, so it shouldn't be too bad for you. One thing to keep in mind is, you don't actually have to kill every enemy in the run to get an S rank. You can skip every enemy you can, and still get your PA fragment.

Another thing, the drops in S are the same as S2. So if you're hunting something, do it on S for ease of soloing.

Mag_Launcher
Mar 15, 2008, 02:23 AM
On 2008-03-15 00:12, Zorafim wrote:
I've been soloing it, so it shouldn't be too bad for you. One thing to keep in mind is, you don't actually have to kill every enemy in the run to get an S rank. You can skip every enemy you can, and still get your PA fragment.

Another thing, the drops in S are the same as S2. So if you're hunting something, do it on S for ease of soloing.

Lolno. S rank on any mission has ALWAYS required that ALL enemies be killed, no exceptions. I dunno how many times I've been screwed out of caves of ice frags because my party forgot about that little alcove spawn to the side right before the last group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2008-03-15 00:35 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Mar 15, 2008, 02:45 AM
On 2008-03-15 00:23, Mag_Launcher wrote:

Lolno. S rank on any mission has ALWAYS required that ALL enemies be killed, no exceptions. I dunno how many times I've been screwed out of caves of ice frags because my party forgot about that little alcove spawn to the side right before the last group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2008-03-15 00:35 ]</font>

I think he's talking about Awoaken Serpent, not Caves Of Ice. But, there are a few missions that count on time, not monster kills for S rank. Two that i can think of are Awoaken Serpent, and Tunnel Recapture.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 15, 2008, 05:00 AM
On 2008-03-15 00:45, Chuck_Norris wrote:

I think he's talking about Awoaken Serpent, not Caves Of Ice. But, there are a few missions that count on time, not monster kills for S rank. Two that i can think of are Awoaken Serpent, and Tunnel Recapture.

er no awoken serpant and tunnel recapture are not time based and u need to kill all of the monsters, the only missions that are are the party missions like HSM and bruce

jayster
Mar 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
On 2008-03-15 03:00, WHlTEKNIGHT wrote:

On 2008-03-15 00:45, Chuck_Norris wrote:

er no awoken serpant and tunnel recapture are not time based and u need to kill all of the monsters, the only missions that are are the party missions like HSM and bruce

no u dont need to kill all the monsters in awoken serpant. I'm not sure about tunnel recapture but I'm 100% sure for awoken serpant.

Hrith
Mar 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
No free mission has a timer.

All you need for S rank reward is a certain number of monsters killed; there are quite a few missions where you don't have to kill all critters to get that number (Plains Overlord, Dual Sentinel, Awoken Serpent, etc.)

New_One
Mar 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah both missions don't require all monsters to be dead to get an S
Dunno if its a bug or what, but it makes awoken serpent a good spammage missions for frags and decent drops/exp.

Lyrise
Mar 15, 2008, 09:41 AM

Not true. Some enemies can be skipped; you aren't always graded on number of enemy kills either. The game flags certain monsters as "unnecessary" and those are the ones you can skip.

For example, if you're doing Holy White Beast, you know that in the first block there will be 2 rooms with monsters that are connected to the main area. The first room you MUST clear out to get the S. The second one, you can completely skip and still get an S.

XDeathX
Mar 15, 2008, 10:39 AM
All of this sounds like Bullshit.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
tastes like it, too!!!

LOL!

chu-chu-chu
Mar 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
but, yeah, on some missions you can skip some monsters and still get an S.

Apone
Mar 15, 2008, 02:03 PM
I thought that was because of boost road? anyone test it now that boost road is over?

Syl
Mar 15, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-03-15 12:03, Apone wrote:
I thought that was because of boost road? anyone test it now that boost road is over?

Trust me, Awoken Serpent has ALWAYS been like that. Like someone said, it's not known whether it was by mistake or intentional to make it so you don't have to kill everything.

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 02:24 PM
so... whats the verdict on caves of ice? otta kill everythign or not? i went through the damn thing three times. first time i got an s( i went fast) second and third tiem i went slower... i am pretty sure i killed everything however, i died on the second and third missions once each time, and only got A rank... why is that?

Apone
Mar 15, 2008, 02:26 PM
Thats interesting that the max kill count is actually lower than total enemies. They should do that for more missions.

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
well i can tell you this, in caves of ice all three times i killed 65 monsters. So i dont think it's jsut monsters killed because i got a two out of three, could it also be time based or death based?

Apone
Mar 15, 2008, 02:32 PM
well as long as you have scapes I dont think its death based anyway.

Nuclearranger
Mar 15, 2008, 02:42 PM
I would still kill everything>.>

MEGAMANexe
Mar 15, 2008, 02:43 PM
hmm ok thanks... i am trying to do a fast mission and at the same time get a pa frag along with having a remote chance of gettin my love infernoa t the same time

Zorafim
Mar 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
ohay, Cave of Ice and Awoken Serpent are two different missions. Who'da thunk it.