PDA

View Full Version : Experiment (Yes! Horror!)

Solstis
Mar 15, 2008, 02:03 AM
Let's see what I can write in approximately 9 mins and 42 secs (The span of the track, No Conclusion, by Of Montreal). I am also heavily sleep deprived. Grammatical errors and typos will abound.

Go!

Of course, it was the sort of day that this would happen.

I'm not opposed to violence. On the same token, violence and I aren't friends. Barely acquantices (what? I can't spell that word?), really.

Still, I managed to find myself in a fight. Some tend to use such a phrase incorrectly, or with a poetic license in mind, but I really did find myself. My mind tends to wander, leaving my body up to its own will. Or sub-mind, rather. In any case, my body generally takes care of things without my intervention, but it brought the alarming development to my attention.

Apparently, my body had managed to convince a group of small children that it would rescue their cat. Unfortunately, the cat had been taken by the (this is awful, screw this)

--

Sometimes things just don't work out.

I had purchased the flowers for a dear friend, but I later learned, on the way to the hospital, that they were plastic. My friend hates plastic flowers. He swore that they were an affront to the creative process; dopplegangers (that's not how you spell that?) that did little than debase what was left of the natural world.

Bit of a blowhard, I always thought.

"Excuse me sir," began a small, and particularly unnatractive old woman, "might I borrow those flowers for just a moment?"

Feeling hopeless and intrigued, I handed her the flowers.

"Thank you sir, I've been looking for something like this."

A wry smile lit up on her face as she tossed the flowers in to the nearby gutter, which I hadn't noticed before.

"Might you want one of these kittens?"

She pointed at a box.

--

:Lessons Learned

1. That was a bad idea
2. Dialogue bad. Bad. Bad writer mix contractions with more formal language. Bad writer.
3. Cats are not useful plot devices
4a. Need to imagine and develop characters, not situations.
4b. I mean, really? An old crone?