PDA

View Full Version : Online: LV 31+ Photon Arts' Experience Easier to Get?

NNEONateDogg
Mar 16, 2008, 09:51 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but I swear that whenever I get a skill up to LV 31, it looks like it is easier to get experience afterwards. Has anyone else noticed this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-03-16 11:44 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 16, 2008, 09:56 AM
It's probly 'cause the 10-11 / 20-21 etc levels are slow.

RemiusTA
Mar 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
Its true. i notice that the curve does get easier after breaking a level section.

11-21 took FOREVER, but 21-22 seems to happen almost instantly.

Edgard
Mar 16, 2008, 12:17 PM
I recently started a new character, a newman. From my experience, getting a tech to level from 1-6, 11-16, 21-26, 31-36 is pretty easy.... getting it past X6 (replace x with 0, 1, 2, or 3) gets harder by the level.

So when you reached 31 its defenetly easier to level to 32 than leveling 30-31.

GreenArcher
Mar 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
Take a PA at level 1. It gets harder to level as it goes up. Then when it hits 11, it drops back down to a faster rate, and slows down as you go towards 21. Then it drops back down to a faster rate, and slows down as you go towards 31, etc.

stukasa
Mar 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I got Diga from 31 to 35 almost effortlessly even though I hardly use it anymore, while other techs in the upper 20s seem to be taking forever to level (or maybe Diga just levels quick to begin with?).

MEGAMANexe
Mar 16, 2008, 02:21 PM
lol try a freakin laser cannon pa... zomg they take forever regardless.

Celi-Ka
Mar 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
It definitely is noticeable. I had a heck of a time getting some of my dusty Ra- and Gi-TECHs to 21 (they were all like level 17-ish when I started using them again).

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 16, 2008, 03:07 PM
the hurdles are 10-11, 20-21, and 30-31 because they have significant changes at those levels. Therefore Sega made them the hardest levels to gain.

THE JACKEL

Hrith
Mar 17, 2008, 08:04 AM
21 -> 30 takes longer than 31 -> 40 on most bullets (very noticeable on lasers, which are over twice as fast from 31 to 40 as from 21 to 30).

Some are just painful no matter what (Killer Shot, elemental twin handgun bullets, etc.)

Some are worse (Mayalee Shot, Mayalee Hit, etc.)

Some don't change much (Yak Zagenga, elemental shotgun/grenade bullets, etc.)

Chaos320
Mar 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hell ya >_< freeking tech lvling sucks like no other. Getting to your next look to the move sucks but after u would lvl up to 21 31 ect it was cake to get half way to the next one.

Stupid lvling of skills http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 11:48 AM
4/11 can't arrive fast enough.

Lykos
Mar 17, 2008, 12:19 PM
On 2008-03-17 09:48, Mikura wrote:

Indeed.

Danny_Dark
Mar 17, 2008, 12:34 PM

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
4/11 is the start in where more common folk top off PAs. And ST starts to think, "Hmm. I guess we gotta come up with tougher-hide monsters now."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 10:40 ]</font>

Danny_Dark
Mar 17, 2008, 12:43 PM
Indeed.I notice that the curve does get easier after breaking a Level Section.11-21 took along Time,
but 21-22 seems to happen almost instantly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danny_Dark on 2008-03-17 10:44 ]</font>

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
On 2008-03-17 10:39, Akaimizu wrote:
4/11 is the start in where more common folk top off PAs. And ST starts to think, "Hmm. I guess we gotta come up with tougher-hide monsters now."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 10:40 ]</font>

They damn well better. The game is already on easy mode but when more and more people start capping off all their PAs, it's only going to get worse. (Or better depending on your perspective).

Now don't get me wrong. I encourage this update and glad it's being implemented since I rather not spend weeks lvling PAs to cap but I hope ST is prepared to compensate for the stronger characters with more difficult missions.

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
They will, I hope. Once they see the non-Damage Dealing classes, even those who don't play too often, start tearing all the mobs in the game apart, with topped off PAs across their pallette. And I don't mean tearing mobs apart in that "they do well enough in a mission" kind of way; I mean utterly destroying them like a damage-dealing class. Then they'll probably have their hands forced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 10:58 ]</font>

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
On 2008-03-17 10:56, Akaimizu wrote:
They will, I hope. Once they see the non-Damage Dealing classes, even those who don't play too often, start tearing all the mobs in the game apart, with topped off PAs across their pallette. And I don't mean tearing mobs apart in that "they do well enough in a mission" kind of way; I mean utterly destroying them like a damage-dealing class. Then they'll probably have their hands forced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 10:58 ]</font>

I would hope so too but knowing ST's track record, I won't be too surprised if it doesn't happen immediately. Even the AotI S2 missions are a breeze with 3 or 4 people. Ideally, I would like to see S3 missions being implemented but since they've barely gotten any of the AotI missions S2ed, I know that S3 won't be happening for quite awhile.

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 01:26 PM
What's wierd is that the AOTI S2 missions just seem like they aren't really harder than the previous S2 missions. The monster levels are higher, but they don't seem like the numbers are correct with the mobs. I mean, the Ice Stage is embarrassing. I'm pretty sure the mobs we already have on Neudiaz have Barta way more powerful than those guys. Unless buffed, they can't even damage anybody, with my buffs on, any faster than my Giresta auto-heals for.

Bruce's new S dungeon seems to make some difference. We got the Vanda back that don't silence. (Well they do, but the silence lasts very short with them, and it only serves the purpose of a graphic, since I see them breath fire or toss whatever they want, even with the silence indicator all over them) Not overall difficult, but at least I saw a power increase unlike the Ice stage.

Eleina
Mar 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
On 2008-03-17 11:26, Akaimizu wrote:
What's wierd is that the AOTI S2 missions just seem like they aren't really harder than the previous S2 missions. The monster levels are higher, but they don't seem like the numbers are correct with the mobs. I mean, the Ice Stage is embarrassing. I'm pretty sure the mobs we already have on Neudiaz have Barta way more powerful than those guys. Unless buffed, they can't even damage anybody, with my buffs on, any faster than my Giresta auto-heals for.
Vanda Mehra's TP is lower than gohmons TP thus the difference lol

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 01:52 PM
I guess. However, I don't really know the monster stats like that before fighting against them, sometimes a new level of them might bring new stats. Anyway, this doesn't make the Ice Stage look any better though, especially since it kind of advertises itself in name, as an ultimate ice attack. It's almost equivalent to a superhero fight and you face Boy Wonder, from the Wonder Twins, after you face Superman; but for some reason they gave Boy Wonder's fight a tougher requirement for entry, or at least the inability to see the Boy before you went against Superman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 11:53 ]</font>

Anduril
Mar 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
On 2008-03-17 11:52, Akaimizu wrote:
I guess. However, I don't really know the monster stats like that when just fighting against them. Doesn't make the Ice Stage look any better though, especially since it kind of advertises itself in name, as an ultimate ice attack. It's almost equivalent to a superhero fight and you face Boy Wonder, from the Wonder Twins, after you face Superman; but for some reason they gave Boy Wonder's fight a tougher requirement for entry.

But dude he can turn into any form of Water, even a bucket of water. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Yeah, it is kinda dumb that thye made the ice cave filled with creatures that can't use Barta to it's higest potential, the least they could have done was to give them all TP boosts or something.

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 02:11 PM
So I'm not the only one then that noticed the AotI S2 missions seem like a joke compared to the old S2 areas. I know the game says they're 130 mobs but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it.

Besides the TP difference that Eleina mentioned, I think it's just the fact we've been buffed so much since the old PSU areas were introduced. Stat increases in classes, Just Attacks, higher lvl spell buffs, and 20% rod boost have all made significant differences in how we handle mobs now. In contrast, mobs have remained static and besides receiving higher HP and stats with each lvl jump, have gained absolutely nothing since PSU's release. (And in fact, some even got nerfed).

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 02:14 PM
I would agree with the "some nerfed". The old areas I compared the Ice Stage to still hurt my (now better) character a whole lot more, with ice, than the Ice Stage S2 ever could. At least they still can do a respectable amount of damage to me.

And yeah, the mobs really haven't been powered up. Though Bruce Stage withstanding, as I'll give them a few props for mobs a bit tougher than their previous counterparts. Maybe not tough enough, but they try.

I got Bruce's partner card, but I can't say that's the "prize of prizes". Oh.....joy.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 12:18 ]</font>

Mikura
Mar 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
On 2008-03-17 12:14, Akaimizu wrote:
I would agree with the "some nerfed". The old areas I compared the Ice Stage to still hurt my (now better) character a whole lot more, with ice, than the Ice Stage S2 ever could. At least they still can do a respectable amount of damage to me.

And yeah, the mobs really haven't been powered up. Though Bruce Stage withstanding, as I'll give them a few props for mobs a bit tougher than their previous counterparts. Maybe not tough enough, but they try.

I got Bruce's partner card, but I can't say that's the "prize of prizes". Oh.....joy.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-17 12:18 ]</font>

Bruce just scares me...his card comment is simply disturbing. >_>