PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Raikul
Mar 16, 2008, 03:18 PM
I am planning on getting PSU tommorow, being a fan of PSO I can't wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know the PS2/PC and 360 servers are split, and I heard the PS2/PC side has a low population. Is the population so bad it's not playable? On average, how many players are online? If it's pretty low, I may just save up and get a 360.

Dragwind
Mar 16, 2008, 03:28 PM
It's playable, but getting a party might be an issue at times. If you stick around Uni2 (the most populated universe) it shouldn't take you long to make a few friends in the populated area and get them to help you or something.

Yuneiko
Mar 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
Well, the population isn't unplayable, just be sure you play on the "busy" times, else you'll be left out for randoms. It's sorta funny, but it's like everyone knows each other on the PC/PS2 servers. The 360 has a lot of people from what I've read, but they also have a lot of kids too. Both servers have their own problems, so choose whichever one you like more. I personally wouldn't save up to buy a 360 purely for this game, but to each their own. If your PC can handle the game, by all means play PC. If you have a PS2 and don't mind the graphic hit, go for it, quite a lot of people I do runs with regularly play on the PS2 and we still have a blast. Now, if you do end up joining the PC/PS2 crowd, feel free to look me up, i'm always happy to help out. If you join the 360 crowd, i'm sure there are some nice people out there that'll be willing to do runs with you and whatnot.

Raikul
Mar 16, 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I guess it's PC for me. I'll be sure to leave you a PM once I start Yune http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CelestialBlade
Mar 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
Hang around these forums and gather up some character names, then go to Uni02 and try to hang around some of the hotspots (Pavilion of Air: Top, Dallgun Viewing Plaza, etc) and look for parties with some names you recognize. You'll make friends pretty quick, and that's really the best thing you can do on the PC/PS2 side. Hunting random parties may be a little fruitless considering our population is low.

Oh, forgot to mention, one of the reasons the population is super-low right now is because most people are taking a break until the Maximum Attack G event comes around. Then we'll probably see ~4 stars in Uni02 again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2008-03-16 14:15 ]</font>

Dragwind
Mar 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, thats most likely true. The population should jump a bit once that event rolls around.

_tsunami
Mar 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
Truth is both population are fine the ones that complain usually get online at hours people are asleep.. 5 am anyone? While there are players during those hours just not as much. So in generation the problem is not with the population but with the complainers. This topic gets raised every month by newcomers and usually ends up in a PC/PS2 verse 360 war.
And you get no truth out of it cause the 360 will glorify themselves as Mrs and mr population contest and the PC/PS2 will boast with better quality players and PC lag-free performance and graphics. Be weary of the posters who give advice with their Team title eg. 360.
The best way into this game i suggest is grab a few real life friend of yours and get them to play with you online theres no better trust worthy friends than real life ones rather than meeting randoms online. Trust me most randoms you meet will either conflict with your style of play, critisize you or are just very unsupportive in a team.
Now it just goes down to what platforms your friends have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

P.S. I'm not ruling out all randoms i have met honest and quality players but the truth is the quantity of these players are just so few...

As for population on PS2/PC servers im sure you seen almost 99% of the monthly screen shot thread are made by the 'low population' server. Since the 360 players can't take screenshots without hooking up a expenseful video capture card. Excuse me for my sarcasm. But you can easily meet these people online to have a game or two. This forum was made for Communication http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yuneiko
Mar 16, 2008, 07:30 PM
Tsunami does make a good point too, about how people asking which server to play on sparks a PC/PS2 vs 360 war. I, too, am at fault for being on one side of the war. Even though you say you've chosen to get the PC version, be sure that you decide based on what YOU want out of the game.

ashley50
Mar 17, 2008, 12:57 AM
On 2008-03-16 14:27, Dragwind wrote:
Yeah, thats most likely true. The population should jump a bit once that event rolls around.

Then after that everyone will be crawling back to their caves, and back to dead servers again.

CelestialBlade
Mar 17, 2008, 08:00 AM
On 2008-03-16 22:57, ashley50 wrote:

On 2008-03-16 14:27, Dragwind wrote:

Then after that everyone will be crawling back to their caves, and back to dead servers again.

Unfortunately that's probably true. What we need is a new mission type coming out every couple of weeks like the original PSU had. That kept things interesting.

Raikul
Mar 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
I am sorry if I sparked a console war, it wasn't my intentions at all >.> But it seems that theres plenty enough ppl playing on the PS2/PC side, since most of you are from there. I should be starting by the end of this week, again thanks for the replies! ^.^

Dhylec
Mar 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
Ok, answers are given. Let's end this possible flaming topic on a happy note: a lock with a happy smilie? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-17 13:51 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Mar 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
On 2008-03-16 13:18, Raikul wrote:
I am planning on getting PSU tommorow, being a fan of PSO I can't wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know the PS2/PC and 360 servers are split, and I heard the PS2/PC side has a low population. Is the population so bad it's not playable? On average, how many players are online? If it's pretty low, I may just save up and get a 360.

You will be disappointed. You might not like it. It is very boring right now. Until they do something different.