PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Guntechers and S Rank Cards

Dirkster111
Mar 17, 2008, 07:09 PM
This is a simple yes no poll. In your opinion will Guntechers ever have access to S Rank throwing blades (Cards)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dirkster111 on 2008-03-17 17:10 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2008, 07:13 PM
No idea. As long as ST keeps changing course with what they want to do with Guntechers, anything goes.

DEM_CIG
Mar 17, 2008, 07:22 PM
Yes. GT's should get s rank cards...

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
Yes. It would make the Acrofighter/fortetecher/Guntecher transition Seamless that way.

gryphonvii
Mar 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
and wands, seeing as how I almost never see anyone with wands, AT get madoogs, FT get Rods, I am probably partying with the wrong people but it seems as if no one uses wands for anything but show, GT would be great with tesbras paired with tumas, they'd look great and be functional. /rant

Dirkster111
Mar 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
I use wands, I have 3 wands, one is paired with Ranpegi for buffs, 1 is paired with a Mamba for debuffs, and the 3rd is paired with a Mamba with attack techs.

chicken105
Mar 17, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yes. I really like the hoshi-kikami >_>

Jakosifer
Mar 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
Should they get S rank Cards: Yes
Will they: Probably not, instead they get shit they don't need like lvl 30 attack techs. *flees*

CelestialBlade
Mar 17, 2008, 08:49 PM
Swap their S-rank Range-MAGs for them. Those have no place in our palette, Cards do.

chicken105
Mar 17, 2008, 08:49 PM
On 2008-03-17 18:47, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Will they: Probably not, instead they get shit they don't need like lvl 30 attack techs. *flees*

true

Dirkster111
Mar 17, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-03-17 18:49, Typheros wrote:
Swap their S-rank Range-MAGs for them. Those have no place in our palette, Cards do.

I agree, I just haven't been able to find a use for R-mags.

Syl
Mar 17, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-03-17 17:36, gryphonvii wrote:
and wands, seeing as how I almost never see anyone with wands, AT get madoogs, FT get Rods, I am probably partying with the wrong people but it seems as if no one uses wands for anything but show, GT would be great with tesbras paired with tumas, they'd look great and be functional. /rant

S rank wands are included with the GT update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Should GT get S rank cards? Hel yeh, it's a staple weapon to them. Will they? Maybe, maybe not. I'm still rather surprised why they haven't given it to them =/

Kion
Mar 17, 2008, 10:13 PM
On 2008-03-17 19:46, Dirkster111 wrote:

I agree, I just haven't been able to find a use for R-mags.

I've started pairing them with a wand and using ra-techs. i'm satisfied with the damage output even with level 20 techs and A rank wands. i can't wait for the GT update.

And Gt doesn't really need S cards. You'd assume that they'd have them being a combination of gunner and techer, but the niche for cards is already filled with crossbow and twinhandguns. GT is a mobile class, so the homing really ins't neccesary compared to other techers that need to stop to cast. and in that respect of having a card / wand combination; i'd rather have a shadoog which fires constantly, saves time on pp charges, and doesn't require PA space.

RedMussel
Mar 17, 2008, 11:01 PM

Dident i see S rank cards on guntechers in JP.

Xefi
Mar 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
eventually? yes.

mvffin
Mar 18, 2008, 02:35 AM
On 2008-03-17 21:01, RedMussel wrote:

Dident i see S rank cards on guntechers in JP.

may have been in the AOI beta. I think GT had whips then too..

chibiLegolas
Mar 18, 2008, 02:07 PM

Agree.
Cards are mainly used for pure damage anyways (as opposed to SE). Why NOT give S rank to GT? Too overpowered? But everytime I see a FT with them on, I just see nothing but wasted potential....

PALRAPPYS
Mar 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
I say WT should get lv30 Support. Will they? Probably not. Instead GT will get more useless stuff they don't need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-03-18 12:10 ]</font>

NPCMook
Mar 18, 2008, 06:49 PM
No, Guntechers don't need S-Rank cards, if you can't aim with a Crossbow, play a different class

gryphonvii
Mar 18, 2008, 06:54 PM
some people like cards over crossbows for style, I know I do. Would I trade in my tuma for a hoshi, maybe, maybe not, but I would like the ability to use both without changing characters.

Totti
Mar 18, 2008, 08:18 PM
Meh, maybe im one of the few that sees no use for a gT to have cards. Mechguns / Crossbows anyone?

Dirkster111
Mar 18, 2008, 08:29 PM
Mechguns=boring
Throwing Blades=Hottness

And let's face it, when it comes to S ranks it's all about the hottness.

amtalx
Mar 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
Wut? No. How 'bout we give them S ranks in every techer and gunner weapon so everyone can stop complaining?

DarkEliteRico
Mar 19, 2008, 08:36 AM
Would be nice to use a Shi-kikami and toss around my lil paper dolls...they'd be just used for damage, but my crossbows would totally rip them apart in damage

Dirkster111
Mar 19, 2008, 08:44 AM
On 2008-03-19 06:30, amtalx wrote:
Wut? No. How 'bout we give them S ranks in every techer and gunner weapon so everyone can stop complaining?

Who's complaining? No one's complaining, this is called a discussion with everyone presenting their opinion and ideas.

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2008, 08:58 AM
True. There is not one single complaint in this thread. Heck most Guntechers here had a bit of "?" in their heads, when they got announcements of the last S ranks they were to get. If there's only one main question, that's the question on what direction does ST really want to take the Guntecher. It's like they have a paradigm shift every few months or so. (It's practically impossible to keep up trying to level PAs when they switch so much. Too many times, one can work on PAs that only become obsolete later. My GT alone worked on 42 PAs (without even using cards), all but a few being bullet and tech) Thus my one and only previous comment in this topic. Anything could go, as long as they haven't settled on the roles the GT should go for.

In a way, it's kind of a guessing game, and I believe some changes in the class are part in due to actually get more humans and newmans to actually play the class. My guess would be pity buffs to swell the tiny numbers, as you will. Could be wrong, but it does look that way, in a sense.

But back on the true topic. Will they get S rank cards? Again, it's possible since I could never guess what ST ends up doing with GTs, in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-19 07:04 ]</font>

Dirkster111
Mar 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
<-----------Newman Guntecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Para
Mar 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
Im against S rank cards and swapping R-Mags for them. Didn't you people figure it out yet since the announcement? Boosted TP+ Raised Offensive Tech Cap+S rank wand + S rank R-Mag = unique build for newman GTs. Face it Newmans are for teching and that most people only consider newmans for FT. Outside of FT, its hard to call another class for newman.

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2008, 10:30 AM
Oh, it was figured out. Thus why the mention that the change was to swell human and newman GT numbers, a bit. However, that doesn't change the fact that the S-rank Wand and TP buff wasn't questioned a lot, when it first was announced. Still, it's a paradigm shift and thus the things some GTs would probably want to train on, would change around.

The class did, at first, start off as a class with nearly no offensive tech use, the worst resta, and very limited Buff/Debuffs. Since then, there has been about 3 major swap arounds of class specialties for it (between weapon stat shifts and class adjustments). You do get the sense of "have they made up their minds?" from all of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-19 08:34 ]</font>

Lamak
Mar 19, 2008, 10:45 AM
Guntechers should have gotten S rank cards, over S rank wands. Oh well.

zanotam
Mar 21, 2008, 08:57 PM
I don't see why GTs of all things are complaining. You get some nice stuff in the balance update, but once again WT is left in the dust. S rank cards would be awesome though. I like to switch between GT and WT, but on GT I always use crossbows, but another S rank couldn't hurt right?

gryphonvii
Mar 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
the only thing I complain about when I'm WT is lack of lv 30 support, but hey, GT could do good with level 10 so my complain is not really that important even to me.

Kion
Mar 22, 2008, 12:10 AM
On 2008-03-19 07:49, Para wrote:
Im against S rank cards and swapping R-Mags for them. Didn't you people figure it out yet since the announcement? Boosted TP+ Raised Offensive Tech Cap+S rank wand + S rank R-Mag = unique build for newmans.

Actually not just newmans. I've started leveling ra-techs with my CAST and they rock. I hit level 21 with megid (as AT) and it's doing 500 against 3 hits as well as lv 3 confuse. Better damage output per cast as crossbow and the extra distance and awesome animation are a cherry on top. Combined with S rank R mags it makes for a better combination than cards + wand as the mag continuously fires while your casting. plus it makes better use of GT's boost in TP being the ultimate combination for guntecher. I'm looking forward to getting regrants and nosdiga.

S rank cards would be nice, but i wouldn't trade them for boosted tp, S rank rmags and S wands for them. This is a much sweeter update than most people realize.

Edit: this should be on another thread but yeah. wt could use some love too. support techs are over rated; there's 3 other classes for that and wt doesn't have the PA space for it. S rank mags or S rank cards would probably be a fitting boost for you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-03-21 22:16 ]</font>

Indica
Mar 22, 2008, 01:11 AM
I like throwing blades, but there are better weapons for a Guntecher to use, so I voted No

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 22, 2008, 01:23 AM
the reason the update was so controversial, was that it completely changed how the class worked. It was always guns first, techs later. Now they've made it so they can stand alone with techs too, and yes, now Wand with shadoog is a very good combination for this class. Before this update though, I would say cards were a good addition. But with it, there's really no NEED for cards, though I wouldn't be against it

THE JACKEL

Kion
Mar 22, 2008, 01:34 AM
mixed classes have always had an emphasis on the first part of their name with support for the second part. with guntechers beign fully gunners and techers, could we possibly see madness like fighgunners getting s rank guns!!!?

Eyce_Theon
Mar 22, 2008, 02:05 AM
On 2008-03-21 23:34, Kion wrote:
mixed classes have always had an emphasis on the first part of their name with support for the second part. with guntechers beign fully gunners and techers, could we possibly see madness like fighgunners getting s rank guns!!!?

Considering how they already have level 30 bullets and their original role is being overshadowed by Acrofighter (in my opinion), it might be possible.

I still think WT should get Double Sabers though. /offtopic

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 22, 2008, 03:14 AM
On 2008-03-22 00:05, Eyce_Theon wrote:

On 2008-03-21 23:34, Kion wrote:

Considering how they already have level 30 bullets and their original role is being overshadowed by Acrofighter (in my opinion), it might be possible.

I still think WT should get Double Sabers though. /offtopic

I don't see how AF is taking the role of Figh.

Figh still has better guns, and the weapons on a Figh are much better for crowd control. AF is amazing at 1v1 fighting though with their single handed weapons and shadoogs. But Figh has always been a crowd control class to me. In this way, AF and Figh do not overlap at all.

as for on topic, I think classes should start to develop more in both of it's things. Figh should get an S rank gun. WT and GT have S ranks in both areas now, Figh is the next logical step....

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-03-22 01:15 ]</font>

Eyce_Theon
Mar 22, 2008, 03:18 AM
On 2008-03-22 01:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't see how AF is taking the role of Figh.

Figh still has better guns, and the weapons on a Figh are much better for crowd control. AF is amazing at 1v1 fighting though with their single handed weapons and shadoogs. But Figh has always been a crowd control class to me. In this way, AF and Figh do not overlap at all.

as for on topic, I think classes should start to develop more in both of it's things. Figh should get an S rank gun. WT and GT have S ranks in both areas now, Figh is the next logical step....

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-03-22 01:15 ]</font>

I see your point, but there is also the fact that Fighgunner is the only hybrid class without S ranks in both of its profiencies now. I can see ST changing that later on (and gunners complaining about it).

Kion
Mar 22, 2008, 03:30 AM
(completely changing course of the topic now) for figh, S rank mechs would probably be a good move. fg has alot more atp which makes up for the lack of higher ranking equipment as they still pull out the same damage. having S rank guns would be over the top with character and weapon atp. mechs on the other hand, don't really have alot of atp on the weapon itself, so a couple extra ranks doesn't matter and mechs plus singles daggers is an awesome combination that fg is able to put to its highest use. of the alternatives crossbows would be broken, and all gunner classes are lusting after twin handguns so we'll see how that works out.

JC10001
Mar 22, 2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, but only if fortegunners get S rank crossbows.

Weeaboolits
Mar 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-03-18 16:49, NPCMook wrote:
No, Guntechers don't need S-Rank cards, if you can't aim with a Crossbow, play a different classCrossbows and cards aren't the same, crossbows are good for a nice spread, or a focused attack if you wanna get close, but I really like cards, it's so amusing to watch them shoot off to the side or even fly off behind me to hit the target I fired them at. I use my card a lot more than my other one handed ranged stuff on my GT, it'd be nice to be able to use a nice one.

Also it just makes sense, it's a techer ranged weapon, guntecher is a ranged techer class, so cards would make sense, right?