PDA

View Full Version : So, wow. Go Fortegunners.

DreXxiN
Mar 18, 2008, 12:27 AM
I was actually impressed to find that I soloed true darkness s2 faster with my fortegunner than with a spamming wall-hiding fortefighter with chikki/assault crush/jabroga. Ok, im really tired, im going to sleep but found this amusing o_O

R2D6battlebot
Mar 18, 2008, 12:29 AM
Not only are Fortegunners always easier to solo with, mine is almost always faster than my Fighter. This all depends on which bullets you are using of course, not to mention common knowledge of the game and how to play.

Eleina
Mar 18, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-03-17 22:27, DreXxiN wrote:
I was actually impressed to find that I soloed true darkness s2 faster with my fortegunner than with a spamming wall-hiding fortefighter with chikki/assault crush/jabroga. Ok, im really tired, im going to sleep but found this amusing o_O

Lol lies

DreXxiN
Mar 18, 2008, 12:52 AM
Ok..so maybe I didn't specify..it was the fastest I did with the long, HIVE-equivalent-of-a-tengoh (Yes..I should sleep) map. My fortefighter can only get to the boss portal in 8 minutes on this map (Megid dodging/knockdown), while my gunner go there in close to 7...
...But still, that's good stuff ^_^

Eleina
Mar 18, 2008, 12:57 AM
Just stun lock jusnaguns with Assault crush / spinning strike or Renzan they don't do much afterwards lol

dc534
Mar 18, 2008, 01:13 AM
takes me 12-15 min to complete this run as a Human Male Protranser. Oh one other note is I only fight gaozorans throughout the entire map. Gaozoran rod boards are worth more than gizaha zashi or skela boards. This mission is great for farming and making money.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 18, 2008, 02:53 AM
On 2008-03-17 22:57, Eleina wrote:
Just stun lock jusnaguns with Assault crush / spinning strike or Renzan they don't do much afterwards lol

Just abandon bat maps with the same prejudice as pre-nerf bees maps!

Boss warp in 8 minutes is decent time for an average player, I'd say.

But it's not the quickest :c
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vnQcA9zsLak

amtalx
Mar 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
fG vs. fF solo times depend on the mission. I wouldn't favor one class over the other too much.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 18, 2008, 03:02 AM
"Bowling alley" missions like Sakura Blast and White Beast clearly favor FF, or at least anyone with Chikki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

True Darkness is a good balance between ranged and melee proficiency. However, the low HP of the mobs (specifically deljaban packs) means that they can be OHKOd with Jabroga, which makes FF unbalanced in this mission.

Soda
Mar 18, 2008, 07:18 AM
that chikki will die soon

XDeathX
Mar 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
LV40 Chiki with 50% Slicr makes FFs faster than FGs. Along with 40 Jabroga and high % axe.

MayLee
Mar 18, 2008, 08:09 AM
I surprise myself to see my Beat Fortegunner finish up missions, specially in the event missions, Winter event and 1Up Cup.

Now if only I can use the De Colte Line at level 60. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Uncle_bob
Mar 18, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yea. Too bad we're getting shafted when it comes to weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

amtalx
Mar 19, 2008, 07:05 AM
On 2008-03-18 05:28, XDeathX wrote:
LV40 Chiki with 50% Slicr makes FFs faster than FGs.

Do I even need to say it?

Dragwind
Mar 19, 2008, 07:14 AM
On 2008-03-19 05:05, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-03-18 05:28, XDeathX wrote:
LV40 Chiki with 50% Slicr makes FFs faster than FGs.

Do I even need to say it?

I'll say it.

DURRRRRRRRRR.

Obvious info if obvious.

Have fun when a tech slams you, though.

Hrith
Mar 19, 2008, 08:03 AM
Fortegunner is usually faster than Fortefighter, but the game hates gunners, there are five times more bullet-resistant monsters as there are melee-resistant ones =/

Fortegunner is undeniably quicker than Fortefighter for clearing True Darkness (the map), but if the boss does not move around too much, Fortefighter will score a much better time on it.

Séance beat that mission in 6 minutes, IIRC (boss included).

I have never done better than 9 minutes on my Fortegunner. Although I have not tried much, I do not think I can do better, not until the rifle update, anyway, and even then, I highly doubt I can do 6 minutes.

The best DPS against the boss for a Fortegunner is Rising Shot (I was using Mayalee Shot, though), the DPS of rifles is nothing compared to that of Anga Jabroga, even if the latter is halved by melee resistance (especially since Dulk Fakis has very high EVP, and Anga Jabroga ignores this).

Dulk Fakis is the least gunner-friendly boss in the game.

RemiusTA
Mar 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
On 2008-03-17 22:27, DreXxiN wrote:

I see more fortefighter resentment, but what i fail to see is a difference...