PDA

View Full Version : Totally crazy twinsted and insane CAST idea

ChaosAngel92
Mar 18, 2008, 11:06 PM
Ok, so, i dont know why, but I suddenly fell in love of CAST customitation. Its really, i dont know, amaizing and im really impressed.....or is that im getting tired of fleshies. So the deal is this, I have every job covered with my other characters that are non-cast. Except for the ones that uses TECHs.
I only have a Human Guntecher, but nothing far beyond that.
So i was thinking....CAST AT?
Its totally insane and/or uselless?
I want to know your thoughts about this if you be so kind or any suggestion.
Here it how i have my characters

Human F : PT, FiG, FG
Human M: GT, FiG, FG
Beast F: AF, FF

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Anduril
Mar 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
I believe there are a couple of people on this board with CAST ATs. I frankly wouldn't be able to take the torture, though I have Newman Fighters...

GreenArcher
Mar 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
It's the same thing as a Melee FOmar if you played PSO.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
On 2008-03-18 21:15, Green_Archer3 wrote:
It's the same thing as a Melee FOmar if you played PSO.

Thats funny. Because I used to be like that on PSO. Buff, debuff use some techs to dristact, and start vanishing with the Soul Eater.
I guess its ok, but, i dont know, i dont want to deleate her when i have spended hours on her.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 18, 2008, 11:26 PM
Im afraid at the tech damage :S

JarinKail
Mar 18, 2008, 11:27 PM
Cast ATs rule.

GreenArcher
Mar 18, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hold it off until an event, then you can make up that progress in a fraction of the time

ChaosAngel92
Mar 18, 2008, 11:28 PM
On 2008-03-18 21:27, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Hold it off until an event, then you can make up that progress in a fraction of the time

I supouse you are refering to MAG?

ChaosAngel92
Mar 18, 2008, 11:59 PM
On 2008-03-18 21:27, JarinKail wrote:
Cast ATs rule.

How you play with it?

ilovetypemoon
Mar 19, 2008, 12:05 AM
On 2008-03-18 21:59, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

Cast ATs rule.

How you play with it?

Well, you have almost non-existant TP so you focus on melee weapons. Use techs which aren't affected by TP like giresta, reverser for support and the four buffs. After buffing yourself, equip some one handers like whips, sabers, and daggers with madoogs for healing.

By the way, I do not have a cast AT. I'm just going by what's logical.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilovetypemoon on 2008-03-18 22:05 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Mar 19, 2008, 12:18 AM
On 2008-03-18 22:05, ilovetypemoon wrote:

Cast ATs rule.

How you play with it?

Well, you have almost non-existant TP so you focus on melee weapons. Use techs which aren't affected by TP like giresta, reverser for support and the four buffs. After buffing yourself, equip some one handers like whips, sabers, and daggers with madoogs for healing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilovetypemoon on 2008-03-18 22:05 ]</font>

So, using techs is out of question?

pikachief
Mar 19, 2008, 12:25 AM
On 2008-03-18 22:18, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

Cast ATs rule.

How you play with it?

bassically.

If u wanna use techs pretty much use anyone BUT a cast.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 19, 2008, 12:34 AM
On 2008-03-18 22:25, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-03-18 22:18, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

Cast ATs rule.

How you play with it?

bassically.

If u wanna use techs pretty much use anyone BUT a cast.

Well.....that dosnt sound too good for me. But yeah i think your right. Sigh, i dont know what to do, i really want a CAST T.T

KamiSori
Mar 19, 2008, 12:37 AM
anyone can do Acrotecher pretty well, the most important PAs(support) arent even dependent on racial stats just the level of tech. i would still argue that Casts probably make the least effective Acrotechers. im sure you could make it work though, just d0nt rely on attack tecks.

Lighthero
Mar 19, 2008, 01:25 AM
Well, I tried an AT on my CAST. Buffs are fine...Healing is fine... Using attack magic sucks, you only do 80-200 dmg on an A run (lvl 70 CAST). Meleeing goes well, I just suggest that you do debuffs(not neccesary)/buffs/heal and melee. Don't use attack techs unless you're leveling them or w/e

redroses
Mar 19, 2008, 05:11 AM
I have an Cast AT on lv 60.
I use only two attach techs with her, which are Ramegid and Gibarta. And if I remember correctly I did about 200+ damage (with wearing a Me/Quick). And Ramegid is only lv 3? So. I think you can do damage with a Cast AT but it won't be your main damage option. I like using the attack techs but I barely use them, because I have more fun with with my meele weapons. And besides, it can get a little annoying if you attack the enemies from a distance (with foie or diga for example) and have to run every second to the people to heal them. This is another reason I like doing meele more, because I am right there with everyone when needed.

If you got any more question let me know and I will try to help =3

CelestialBlade
Mar 19, 2008, 08:12 AM
CAST ATs are excellent, just focus on Support Technics and melee Photon Arts and you'll be bringing out the best in your race. AT is one of those Types where you really can't pick a "wrong" race.

Well, as long as Fortetechers don't try to further obsolete this class :/

unicorn
Mar 19, 2008, 08:58 AM
CAST AT is fine. Like everyone before me says, focus on your melee and support. Throw some cards in there too.

And yeah, CAST do suck at attacking teching, but how often do you *really* need to use those? On my lvl 120 CAST AT I'm hitting slightly around 1k (1.6k as FT and a rod) with a lvl 29 diga, thats pretty bad....but hey, it works on bots? Just grind your wands/tcsms and lvl your techs.

Take advantage of your defensive stats that other races wish they had access to. Yes my teching does suck, but I do have 500+ more HP over a Newman, and that makes my day. Not to mention you'll have the highest dfp, meaning you'll be able to equip better armors sooner than everyone else.

And whip out that SUV! It beats Nanoblast in this class and its something Newmans/Humans wish they had. :B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-19 06:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
My CAST as a GT can hit for almost 5~600 with most line and Ra-techs. It's not main damage, but it's often better than guns against bullet-resistant enemies... especially with a RCSM firing away alongside.

High grind Serdote: get one
Sori/TECH Charge: get one
USE PROPER ELEMENTS, THEY MATTER A LOT! ... maybe newman FT's can get away with screwing around and wasting one of their biggest damage bonuses, CASTs certainly can't.

pikachief
Mar 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
u guys already pretty much ALL told him NOT to be a cast AT>

He wants to be a cast using attack spells lol.

i think he has his answer because your all saying the same thing now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ChaosAngel92
Mar 19, 2008, 07:04 PM
On 2008-03-19 03:11, amai_berry wrote:
I have an Cast AT on lv 60.
I use only two attach techs with her, which are Ramegid and Gibarta. And if I remember correctly I did about 200+ damage (with wearing a Me/Quick). And Ramegid is only lv 3? So. I think you can do damage with a Cast AT but it won't be your main damage option. I like using the attack techs but I barely use them, because I have more fun with with my meele weapons. And besides, it can get a little annoying if you attack the enemies from a distance (with foie or diga for example) and have to run every second to the people to heal them. This is another reason I like doing meele more, because I am right there with everyone when needed.

If you got any more question let me know and I will try to help =3

Wow. You got a few points there i missed about AT's. The thing with the support and the healing with melee, yeah its suitable, its confy, its what im looking for i think....
Thanks for all the info, and about the help, yes i need more help. What other jobs you have with that character? And....names suggestion considering she is an Illuminus CAST? (german females names nao! PLEASE!)

On 2008-03-19 06:12, Typheros wrote:
CAST ATs are excellent, just focus on Support Technics and melee Photon Arts and you'll be bringing out the best in your race. AT is one of those Types where you really can't pick a "wrong" race.

Well, as long as Fortetechers don't try to further obsolete this class :/

I bealive you since you are a well knows wise Guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Thanks for the info ^.^. But i still dont know, im afraid of the low mst T.T still. But i guess is the same situation as a Newman fortefighter.

On 2008-03-19 06:58, super_luu wrote:
CAST AT is fine. Like everyone before me says, focus on your melee and support. Throw some cards in there too.

And yeah, CAST do suck at attacking teching, but how often do you *really* need to use those? On my lvl 120 CAST AT I'm hitting slightly around 1k (1.6k as FT and a rod) with a lvl 29 diga, thats pretty bad....but hey, it works on bots? Just grind your wands/tcsms and lvl your techs.

Take advantage of your defensive stats that other races wish they had access to. Yes my teching does suck, but I do have 500+ more HP over a Newman, and that makes my day. Not to mention you'll have the highest dfp, meaning you'll be able to equip better armors sooner than everyone else.

And whip out that SUV! It beats Nanoblast in this class and its something Newmans/Humans wish they had. :B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-19 06:59 ]</font>

Highest DFP? That sounds excellent on a support/melee mid TECH job as AT is. Thanks. And of course, im ready to get that attack from the heavens ! >D

On 2008-03-19 07:49, pikachief wrote:
u guys already pretty much ALL told him NOT to be a cast AT>

He wants to be a cast using attack spells lol.

i think he has his answer because your all saying the same thing now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lol, not at all. They just say i be an AT as it supoused to be...buff, debuff, heal, and etc. In fact, the plan is to use whips with this CAST i want to create. The reason im asking about the tech damage, is because if you see the list of my characters, i only have one "techer". And its a GT. So, what if tomorrow i awake with the idea of making a FT beacause im suddenly in love of techs (witch! i highly doubt...). But, the original plan is to make her use whips as a main weapon, it opens the possibility of WT too. Meh, i think ill manage Ft with my Human GT then, if i want to be one any day.

On 2008-03-19 07:49, panzer_unit wrote:
My CAST as a GT can hit for almost 5~600 with most line and Ra-techs. It's not main damage, but it's often better than guns against bullet-resistant enemies... especially with a RCSM firing away alongside.

High grind Serdote: get one
Sori/TECH Charge: get one
USE PROPER ELEMENTS, THEY MATTER A LOT! ... maybe newman FT's can get away with screwing around and wasting one of their biggest damage bonuses, CASTs certainly can't.

AT deals more damage with TECHS than a GT right? That means it will be more damage. You are right, it wont be a prime attack. But well, i think i can use a couple just for beign AT lol.

Thanks a lot to all of you, please keep posting with any good/bad information. I dont want to regert when she is level 71 and delete her! (Bealive me, i have done that before >.>)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosAngel92 on 2008-03-19 17:05 ]</font>

Alizarin
Mar 19, 2008, 08:02 PM
There's also the fact that ATs have increased casting and melee attack speeds built in, so using a TECH-boosting head unit like the one Panzer suggested would be a good option, since you won't have to worry too much about using a quick unit for faster casting speeds for attack techs if you're worried about low TECH damage.

However, having a quick unit is also nice since the combination of AT's casting speed with the additional boost from a quick unit dramatically cuts the time of casting healing spells or buffs. Quicker heals and buffs can save time in runs, as well as those situations where you manage to heal someone just in time before or after a particularly strong attack. It may not happen too often, but I bet you and your teammates will be glad that heal came in a split-second sooner. You can always switch head units, of course, when the situation calls for it.

And as of now, an AT's TP is ranked second among the techer classes. I haven't looked into the upcoming boost to GT's TP, but in either case the TP of an AT is significantly high. ATs in general are quite versatile in their stat distributions and weapon selection. You may only have access to one-handed S-ranks, but having S-rank Madoogs for off-hand techs makes up for it.

Oh, and madoogs also cast faster than wands. The low damage may be difficult at first, but take in consideration how fast you are capable of casting with an AT equipped with a quick unit and using a madoog. I've heard stories of people having three balls of foie or diga on screen at once, being able to cast more before the first TECH finished traveling. This kind of speed offers two benefits: more damage through repeated casts, and quicker TECH leveling in general.

I don't really see a problem with using a CAST AT. Some argue they might be the best for the class given the role an AT plays. TECH damage might an issue, but as a hybrid class your main concern isn't dealing a whole lot of damage. Plus, you can use speed to make up for the lack of individual damage per casts. In addition, if you get your buffs to 31+ they really begin to provide a hefty boost in stats, with an even longer duration.

I guess that's all that I can think of right now, other than if you want to use whips, invest in a Vish Adac. It inflicts stun, even with normal attacks.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 19, 2008, 09:33 PM
Tell me something guys, what other job i could cover beign CAST AT.

panzer_unit
Mar 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
With AT skills? WT, GT, AF, FI... techs, twin handguns, mechguns, cards, and all the one-handed melee weapons carry across 3/4 of those jobs.