PDA

View Full Version : Green Lobby=Crappy PSO Universe

Sedyne
Jan 18, 2003, 07:25 PM
You know I only just realised this but, I had so much more fun on PSO dreamcast and i think it's al because the Lobby's werent so retarded and the first one was red. It seemed to me it just gave it something that made it a little "happy". O.0 anyone else wish the first lobby was back like DC style aside from me? i mean sure keep new lobbys but rather have them be 2 and up =

Eden
Jan 18, 2003, 07:36 PM
They still have the old lobbies, and I did like them, but in my opinion they are very....stale and boring

Ness
Jan 18, 2003, 07:42 PM
The GC and Xbox lobbies are so much better.

Raist
Jan 18, 2003, 07:45 PM
i like the new lobbies a lot, but sometimes i get nestalgic and head over to the DC lobbies, just for the fun of it, its actually very refreshing, should remind us all of our PSO herritage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wewt
Jan 18, 2003, 08:00 PM
The new lobbies certainly do have a different atmosphere to the old ones. I don't know exactly what, but they just feel very different. Maybe it's because I spent so much time on the old ones, these new ones just feel plain weird.

ABDUR101
Jan 19, 2003, 02:32 AM
Whooo, and here I thought I was the only one thinking that. X_X

They do seem a tad weird...can't put my finger on it..but..yes.

..maybe it's because they have ramps and are just so open..?

ginko990
Jan 19, 2003, 02:36 AM
I think its the openess. The whole thing is like a dome. DC was just a little room with like 50 people in it. The GC lobbies are quite big witht he outside area and whatnot.

pixelate
Jan 19, 2003, 03:12 AM
At least they kept the lobby with all male checkers. Mmmm!

sogoX
Jan 19, 2003, 03:47 AM
ahhh nastalgia...is that even a word i know nastalgic is but oh well..ahhh nastalgia how i miss the... i kinda like feeling nastalgic cuz it brings back good old memories...the old lobbies are cool and the new one are cool.

Russta
Jan 19, 2003, 11:27 AM
If you just intend to go diving straight into a game then it is nice to have a burst of nostalgia but how often do people do that? I'd guess that a fifth/quarter of people's game hours are made up of mooching around the lobby chatting and, no matter how rubbish, have anything to do is a bonus. Chair racing, lagging people out, getting stuck in that wall etc. are just a few things that help pass the time to a decent game.

RedFox
Jan 19, 2003, 12:18 PM
EU players like myself have the advantage of no HL... so its easier for us to have the nostalgic experience that you all speak of... i'm yet to experience epI&II so i cant pass judgment on which one i perfer...

Vitamin_D
Jan 19, 2003, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I sometimes like chillin the old school DC lobbies when I wanna take myself back. It's kind of a creepy feeling though...