PDA

View Full Version : whats your good deed for the day?

gryphonvii
Mar 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
so, one of my friends recently got on and he asked for help. I naturally gave it to him, along the way one of his friends who was one of the first to buy this game also came back. AS I was giving them equipment and money and such I noticed there was a new person around, asking for help, I invited him and spread my wealth even further, doing runs to level them up, and of course the most important thing, getting them new clothes, (you can't fight looking like a bum just got beat up now can you?)anyways, the point is that it felt good to help people out. My question is have any of you guys done anything you feel proud about or are you heartless and cruel?

Xefi
Mar 19, 2008, 02:14 PM
my good deeds are giving advises to random strangers whenever they needed help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
I just help random people on Clyez 4th Floor when I'm bored. Even give them Meseta when I feel really nice...

Actually, I just do it to test that garbage called Karma. Once I'm done, I synth something and hope it comes out with decent %, but of course they fail. It's all lies.

AlMcFly
Mar 19, 2008, 02:16 PM
Doing De Rol runs the other day, I got a Freeze / Resist. Now they aren't that crazy rare but enough to be a few hundred thousand meseta in the bank. I also didn't have one yet (and still need one btw) but there was a party member that really really wanted it. Wasn't asking me for it, just saying how much he's been looking for it and offered me money in exchange. I just gave it to him and said "eh, I'll see De Rol again, no probs". I guess that was my good deed for last week. ;P

Edit: Typos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-03-19 12:20 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Mar 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:15, Aorre wrote:
I just help random people on Clyez 4th Floor when I'm bored. Even give them Meseta when I feel really nice...

Actually, I just do it to test that garbage called Karma. Once I'm done, I synth something and hope it comes out with decent %, but of course they fail. It's all lies.

Lol, btw, karma works in the sense of "GENUINELY" doing something expecting nothing in return. If you are just "testing it out" so you can synth better, than you aren't really genuine are you? In the long run you expect something good to happen to you down the road so you are not exercising good karma. Just my two cents ;P.

Kylie
Mar 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
I help people that need it, when I can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If it's just some random guy spamming he needs 2 million for _____, I won't bother, but if I notice someone in uni02 with a high ID and a low level, I might ask them if they need to be shown around or something. I might even give them "starting money" (just 100k because giving a lowbie any more than that is not helping them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif). Also, I'm very generous when it comes to my friends and holidays and / or birthdays.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-19 12:29 ]</font>

New_One
Mar 19, 2008, 02:24 PM
When I quit the 360 server, I gave all my meseta (about 15mil when I sold all I had) to some random low-level person on the 4th floor. They were quite surprised.
Ironically, I tried giving it all to one person before him but they declined thinking it was some sort of haxeta or something haha.

But i'm not really in a posistion to help people on the PS2/PC side, i'm quite poor. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New_One on 2008-03-19 12:25 ]</font>

darkante
Mar 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
When someone needs my help, i usually accept expecting nothing in return.

Getting appriciated for the assistence is enough reward for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

amtalx
Mar 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
Umm, Cast here. We are heartless by design.

JAFO22000
Mar 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm cruel and heartless.

DEM_CIG
I help whenever i feel like it...

MinervaEros
I help anyone I can as long as its a reasonable request

if they say "gibes me meseta" I usually dont respond

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:19, McFlyVII wrote:

Lol, btw, karma works in the sense of "GENUINELY" doing something expecting nothing in return. If you are just "testing it out" so you can synth better, than you aren't really genuine are you? In the long run you expect something good to happen to you down the road so you are not exercising good karma. Just my two cents ;P.

Wow, another person throwing that word at me. If I'm giving away free Meseta to a beginner, isn't that considered nice? You don't have to slap a word like "genuine" on it to hype it up into something greater than the act itself.

AlMcFly
Mar 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:29, Aorre wrote:

Wow, another person throwing that word at me. If I'm giving away free Meseta to a beginner, isn't that considered nice? You don't have to slap a word like "genuine" on it to hype it up into something greater than the act itself.

Lol, I meant no personal shots at you, I was speaking in general. You sound pretty playful so I assume you are a nice person. Though your description of "trying out karma to see if it works" was far too flawed for me to let pass. The fact that you did give stuff away in general is a very good deed, but if done with an ulterior motive in mind, it's no different than doing a bad deed. ;P

JAFO22000
Mar 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:29, Aorre wrote:

No. Karma is doing good things without expecting anything in return. The theory is that good things will happen to you.

Since your post indicates that you are only doing the good deed to see if you get a better drop rate, it is not karmic.

You can't say, "OK, I'll give money to this sap, but I had BETTER get a better synth rate!". This is not karma.

Sekani
Mar 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
Karma is serious business.

JAFO22000
Mar 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:37, Sekani wrote:
Karma is serious business.

Just ask Earl.

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
No. Karma is doing good things without expecting anything in return.
Actually, that's called altruism.

Since your post indicates that you are only doing the good deed to see if you get a better drop rate, it is not karmic.
To hell with the "what goes around comes around" logic, huh?
It's a pointless theory since we all rot into the earth anyway. Oooh, have good things come back to you, yay! You can achieve that through masturbation, if you so choose; and it's more profitable that way since you're not losing anything.

Anduril
Mar 19, 2008, 02:53 PM
I usually help the people who come on the day after the update asking "Where's the New Mission?" No charge I just take them to the counter, and occasionally play the mission with them if they want. I mostly do it out of boredom, rather than out of some desire to be nice in hopes that they will do something for me.

JAFO22000
Mar 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:51, Aorre wrote:

It's a pointless theory since we all rot into the earth anyway. Oooh, have good things come back to you, yay! You can achieve that through masturbation, if you so choose; and it's more profitable that way since you're not losing anything.

Well then, proceed with your onanistic rituals!

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2008, 02:59 PM
Simple motto. If they aren't being rude or downright evil, I'll help them. Simple as that. And oh, they should probably watch their language. Too many folk throwing around explicitives for no good reason.

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well then, proceed with your onanistic rituals!

Right after I receive my Tails statue. >:)
I only used that as an example because it's instant gratification that anyone can do, save for the CB sufferers. I'm not really like that. >.>

Xefi
Mar 19, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:59, Akaimizu wrote:
Simple motto. If they aren't being rude or downright evil, I'll help them. Simple as that. And oh, they should probably watch their language. Too many folk throwing around explicitives for no good reason.

yes, i would appreciated if people would actually watch their words. Even with that lame censoring system ST has, they still get over it some how and still be able to curse. It really bothers me whenever they use some really explicit profanity words. Maybe i should take a picture of that and sent it to Sega so that they can banned or warned those people to not use those curse words. They can curse or do whatever they want while playing with their friends, but when you play among other people, please watch your language.

Mazoku
Mar 19, 2008, 04:06 PM
Just wanted to chip in since I'm the 'friend of a friend' who gryphon helped. I really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll see you around again soon.

You know, after you left last night I saw that you had PSOW in your Partner Card...I was going to mention it next time I saw you, but I guess I don't have to now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

~Saiphos

AlMcFly
Mar 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
On 2008-03-19 12:51, Aorre wrote:

Lol, these people are the future of the free world. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Edit: P.S. Altruism means the practice of unselfish concern for or devotion to the welfare of others. Karma is a judgment of said deeds. So you are neither altruistic nor have good karma. No matter what the deed may be, your intent behind such deed is what is weighed cosmically (If you believe in that sort of thing that is ;P).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-03-19 14:54 ]</font>

Noblewine
Mar 19, 2008, 04:59 PM
Recently I helped out some people when I was on one of my alts. I was running to Parum and I was invited (probably by accident). I wanted to be nice so I did some runs with them and I got some partner cards outta it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-03-19 20:28 ]</font>

unicorn
Mar 19, 2008, 05:02 PM
I tend to have little to no respect to a lot of the players in this game.

I do help my friends though.

jayster
Mar 19, 2008, 05:08 PM
my friend IRL just got the game and I gave him some meseta to start off and have been helping him level and with advice on what to do with everything.

Turb0
Mar 19, 2008, 05:37 PM
I help people out/give them advice if they're nice. I generally pretend I'm afk or just ignore someone if they come up to me begging for money or that kind of thing.

Delete
Mar 19, 2008, 05:52 PM
Is this topic about Karma or when you last helped someone, lol, Just kidding, i also help whenever i can. Usually giving weapons away 7* star and up.

Aorre
Mar 19, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-03-19 15:52, Delete wrote:
Is this topic about Karma or when you last helped someone, lol, Just kidding, i also help whenever i can. Usually giving weapons away 7* star and up.

Both, as I did state what I do for others.

It all seems like superstition to me. No problem; it just means I can solo and profit more that way, like I used to. God forbid I help anyone for a change.
Good people get effed over all the time, depending on your definition of a "good person".