PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Help Needed

DrPanini
Mar 19, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hello, I'm new to this game and i'm finding it extremely confusing. I have done all the tutorials and I still don't get it.

I have played the original PSO's and they are all fairly simple to get the hang of, but this one just seems a bit confusing.

Do you get areas like in PSO(forest, caves, mines, etc) where you can just work your way through killing all the monsters and then finally doing the boss at the end? and another question, Where abouts do I go for missions?

Thanks in advance.

Dhylec
Mar 19, 2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124388&forum=22
See 'Beginners' section in that sticky, it could help explain some more.

NPCMook
Mar 19, 2008, 07:52 PM
And what platform might you be playing?

gryphonvii
Mar 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
yeah, are you on 360 or pc, I'm on 360 and I've already taken a group under my wing, who I will mold into finely tuned weapons of war, the best combo in the game, CAst Fortetechers! HA!

NPCMook
Mar 19, 2008, 07:59 PM
On 2008-03-19 17:58, gryphonvii wrote:
yeah, are you on 360 or pc, I'm on 360 and I've already taken a group under my wing, who I will mold into finely tuned weapons of war, the best combo in the game, CAst Fortetechers! HA!

Stop lying to the man, we all know its Beast Fortegunners!

PALRAPPYS
Mar 19, 2008, 08:39 PM
On 2008-03-19 17:59, NPCMook wrote:

On 2008-03-19 17:58, gryphonvii wrote:

Stop lying to the man, we all know its Beast Fortegunners!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, because Beast Fortegunners truly are very good.

NPCMook
Mar 19, 2008, 08:49 PM
Kind of both, earlier in PSU's Life a Beast Fortegunner was lolpointlessrace/class

DrPanini
Mar 20, 2008, 06:24 AM
I'm on the PC btw.

Elzam
Mar 20, 2008, 08:31 AM
I figure that rather than start a new topic, I'll just add my question here. I've looked around a little, and I haven't found any answers.

If you're going for an advanced class, there is no point to maxing out the basic classes, since there is no carry-over, correct? The types are merely an overlay over character levels, right?

GreenArcher
Mar 20, 2008, 08:44 AM
You are correct sir.

Also DrPanini, I'll can help you out just about anytime for the next week (except right now, heading out to the doctor I'll be back on in about 2 hours) Drop me a PM or get me on AIM about meeting up if you want some help.

Elzam
Mar 20, 2008, 10:32 AM
Oh, I wanted to ask one more question.

Earlier, I joined a mission with one other person. A newman Force user. What was strange, was this guy moved incredibly fast. Even running, I couldn't outpace this guy, and I was wondering why this was? Was it because he was newman? Maybe he was using a T1 connection? Something else? It was really bizarre.

DrPanini
Mar 20, 2008, 11:23 AM
I've played most of this afternoon and am used to it now. I talked to some people online and they said the only way I can level up is through missions, which at first was a bit of a bummer but it doesn't seem that bad. In the end I also found where the missions were, so everything is good now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Neith
Mar 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
On 2008-03-20 08:32, Elzam wrote:
Oh, I wanted to ask one more question.

Earlier, I joined a mission with one other person. A newman Force user. What was strange, was this guy moved incredibly fast. Even running, I couldn't outpace this guy, and I was wondering why this was? Was it because he was newman? Maybe he was using a T1 connection? Something else? It was really bizarre.

Probably some issue with the game being over an internet connection/lag. No-one runs faster in PSU, everyone runs at a set speed.

AlMcFly
Mar 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
On 2008-03-20 09:23, DrPanini wrote:
I've played most of this afternoon and am used to it now. I talked to some people online and they said the only way I can level up is through missions, which at first was a bit of a bummer but it doesn't seem that bad. In the end I also found where the missions were, so everything is good now.

What other ways were you hoping to level up? Of course you have to do missions to level unless you are a fledgling haxor. It's not about getting to level 130 as fast as you can, it's about experiencing the gameplay and having fun.

Edit: P.S. I'm free to help if you ever want also. Usually on 8 pm - 11:30 pm PST weekday nights. Weekends depend on schedule but can turn into "two-day non-stop grind fests" lol.

I like to do a bunch of low level missions really quickly to increase my pm's battle stat and I leave it open in case a low-level player wants to come in and tag for experience and get some free drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-03-20 09:46 ]</font>

goaferboy
Mar 20, 2008, 12:19 PM
Weren't the missions seperate in PSO? Ie, you could just go to an area without having to do a mission? Theres nothing like that in PSU, everywhere is a mission. Although the mission is always "Get to the end of block X and sometimes kill X"

AlMcFly
Mar 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:19, goaferboy wrote:
Weren't the missions seperate in PSO? Ie, you could just go to an area without having to do a mission? Theres nothing like that in PSU, everywhere is a mission. Although the mission is always "Get to the end of block X and sometimes kill X"

Are you confusing the "story mode" part of PSO with missions? I don't consider these PSU free stages those kinds of "missions" per-se. PSO had story mode just as PSU does where there are intro movies, npc's and narrators. But you can do back to back White Beast missions just the same as you did back to back Dark Falz runs.

Elzam
Mar 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
Oh hey, one more question. Where do I get a pair of goggles? And those other tools like for purifying SEED cores?

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
Goggles: Either from Episode 2 chapter 1 of the story missions, or Episode 3 chapter 1 of the story missions. Once you get them you can abandon and still have them.

SEED Purification items: Unavailable unless you were here for Firebreak (Which was...Damn I don't even remember how long ago), that said, they're only available when we have events that involve SEED purification.

Hope that answered that.

goaferboy
Mar 20, 2008, 01:19 PM
I mean that in PSO, you just went down to the planet and killed some stuff. Or did some story missions.

In PSU, you either do story missions, or free missions. There isn't an option to just go to an area and kill stuff. Although the free missions are just killing stuff, its just called a mission.

I think thats what the OP meant.

Elzam
Mar 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
On 2008-03-20 11:15, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Goggles: Either from Episode 2 chapter 1 of the story missions, or Episode 3 chapter 1 of the story missions. Once you get them you can abandon and still have them.

SEED Purification items: Unavailable unless you were here for Firebreak (Which was...Damn I don't even remember how long ago), that said, they're only available when we have events that involve SEED purification.

Hope that answered that.

Yep. Thanks to all responded earlier! BTW, how often are they used? I've noticed parts of missions where you'll see on map theres more area to go, but its screened off by ingame obstacles. Can you use the goggles to break open the area?

Alizarin
Mar 20, 2008, 01:39 PM
On 2008-03-20 11:34, Elzam wrote:
Can you use the goggles to break open the area?

Indeed you can, at least some objects like piles of rubble, trees, rocks and even some barriers.

It mostly applies to the new missions though. Try looking through your goggles at anything that might seem suspicious. A yellow and green sparkling circle will indicate points that can be broken.

Jakosifer
Mar 20, 2008, 01:41 PM
I rarely use them, MAINLY because I'm a lazyass and don't even bother opening the boxes that are right in FRONT of me. So going out of my way to break open something to get boxes that aren't in my path is a once in a blue moon thing for me.

But yea...<_> I'm sure you'll use them moderately enough if you like picking stuff up.

Yuneiko
Mar 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm probably late, but if you want any help at all, feel free to ask me. Name's Yuneiko, leave a bulletin board post or something in my shop.

DrPanini
Mar 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
On 2008-03-20 09:35, McFlyVII wrote:

On 2008-03-20 09:23, DrPanini wrote:

What other ways were you hoping to level up? Of course you have to do missions to level unless you are a fledgling haxor. It's not about getting to level 130 as fast as you can, it's about experiencing the gameplay and having fun.

Edit: P.S. I'm free to help if you ever want also. Usually on 8 pm - 11:30 pm PST weekday nights. Weekends depend on schedule but can turn into "two-day non-stop grind fests" lol.

I like to do a bunch of low level missions really quickly to increase my pm's battle stat and I leave it open in case a low-level player wants to come in and tag for experience and get some free drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-03-20 09:46 ]</font>

I thought it would be like PSO where you could work your way through Forest, Caves or Mines to level, aswell as level through missions.

Flick
Apr 15, 2008, 03:27 PM
it is essentially the same except the missions are shorter. and there's more variety. generally most of the mission online (except the stroy missons) have a boss or lead to a boss without any timers. and there are two basis for levels: theres the actuall levels which are displayed in the HUD these are obtained from killing creatures during the missins and there are the class levels which are obtained via mission points obtained Via completeing levels.. hope this helps .. and are you online?

Kairi_Li
Apr 15, 2008, 07:15 PM
Dr Panini, which servers are you on? 360 or PC/PS2?

SakuraJr
Apr 15, 2008, 08:41 PM
If ya need help with anything, I'm up for helping! Give me a PM and we could meet somewhere if ya want n_n