PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Fickle Little Boards

Feign
Mar 19, 2008, 09:48 PM
I've ran White Beast somewhere in the vicinity of 50 times or so. I've played it so much I no longer get White Ball of Deathy Sleep'd at all. And yet, running it with friends (Who had +2 luck) and random pubs, I've never once seen Serafi-senba board drop.

Not one.

Does it exist? I'm beginning to doubt it. It's a rumor. Has to be. I'm not going crazy.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

beatrixkiddo
Mar 19, 2008, 10:00 PM
All I found in all my White Beast S runs so far is a couple of made Togehas, and one Sanzu. So, just resign yourself to being one of the unlucky people.

Kietrinia
Mar 19, 2008, 10:27 PM
*casts the first "The board is a lie!" vote*

sorry, I couldn't help myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ChaosAngel92
Mar 19, 2008, 10:34 PM
The board of serafi-senba exist. It just dropped 2 runs ago.....PC/PS2 if you are wondering.

ilovetypemoon
Mar 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
I got 2 total from White Beast. I'd say it's all luck since I've never seen any other boards besides serafi-senbas..

gryphonvii
Mar 20, 2008, 12:04 AM
I saw one drop and go to a guy who didn't know what it was, made me angry and depressed, don't know why, this was on 360

RedMussel
Mar 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
All i have seen was countless Togehas-zashies and 2 [b] Yamata Misaki, and only got 1 of the Togehas-zashis.

Celi-Ka
Mar 20, 2008, 01:00 AM
It's all luck...I've seen a few Sanzus, Togehas, and the other day I finally saw a Yamata-misaki board fall. Never seen a Serafi-senba in the many runs I've done...maybe I'm just not meant to have it, much less even see it drop.

Xefi
Mar 20, 2008, 01:07 AM
i have seen it drops two time already. i got one of the board, but it ended up failing anyways and the other board drops to another person. The drop rate for it isn't super high, so you need to keep on trying, ok?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 20, 2008, 01:08 AM
I saw a serafi-senba board drop about four days ago. It definetly exists. I can't say the same about the rycross dragon laser cannon though....

Feign
Mar 20, 2008, 02:42 AM
k well, guess I'll keep trying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

R2D6battlebot
Mar 20, 2008, 02:53 AM
The only time I ever saw one, it was in a party of friends, and I had called the board just for shits cuz i dont want anything else from there, and when it dropped i FREAKED out, was totally unexpected. Not only that, but when I made it, it came out as a 50% Ice neptuline!

dc534
Mar 20, 2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah mine came out pretty decent, 32% ice, which I flipped for 28 mil on the 360 servers.

Aorre
Mar 20, 2008, 04:27 AM
Never saw a Serafi or Sanzu.

Tetsaru
Mar 20, 2008, 05:55 AM
I've seen about 2 or 3 Serafi-Senba boards drop before, though I never got them, and I tend to spam that mission like crazy, lol. I just wish those stupid little Jaggo Amures would drop something besides "WD40's." >_<

Neith
Mar 20, 2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah, it exists, the pics of the board in a PM on PSOW are of my PM.

From my experience, Alteraz is a stingy boss. I got a lot of stuff from him in the first couple of days of White Beast (Serafi-senba 1st run, Sanzu-hiken a few runs later). I've been hunting Yamata-Misaki though, and have I seen one drop? No.

I've had a few Sanzu-hikens, but yeah, it's pretty random. Just keep running- Serafi-senba does exist.

BFGfreak
Mar 20, 2008, 10:29 AM
I was doing a random party, and I decided to be kind and keep it open. Needless to say, it dropped (that an 11 star dropped in a party I was in was suprissing enough) unfortunatly, it went to one of the random people who joined.

unicorn
Mar 20, 2008, 10:38 AM
ST has a predetermined luck plan for everyone. Debate it all you want, but I think its there and its hidden. Certain people get certain drops easier than other people, while some are harder.

Take me for example, I've found some ebrozikes, fraudukes, mizurakihohs, uransaras. I've never found a Vish Adan, Vish Adac, Dori, Coni, Huge Cutter, Crimson, among other cheaper rares, but some people say they're pretty common. I found Hirokteri, Rikauteri, and Psycho wand without any problem, but anything else....I can't seem to find whatsoever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-03-20 08:41 ]</font>

darkante
Mar 20, 2008, 10:53 AM
Their are alot of gunner rares i donīt seem to get to drop.

Had to buy Blackbull, Mizurakihoh, Degahna Cannon, Needle Cannon.
Twin Tornado, Hyper Viper...a shitload.
But i DO get alot of melee weapons i could less about so..
Yeah itīīs just plain wierd luck.

Powder Keg
Mar 20, 2008, 11:17 AM
I've seen the Sanzu, Yamata, and whatever else drops there more than once most likely...still haven't seen the Serafi though.

Kitio
Mar 20, 2008, 11:31 AM
Saw a Serefi Senba drop about 5 minutes ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I didn't get =/

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-03-19 23:00, Celi-Ka wrote:
It's all luck...I've seen a few Sanzus, Togehas, and the other day I finally saw a Yamata-misaki board fall. Never seen a Serafi-senba in the many runs I've done...maybe I'm just not meant to have it, much less even see it drop.

I like how in days/weeks you think you aren't "meant" to have it. Yeah, right.

Kylie
Mar 20, 2008, 11:50 AM
Running WB however many times I've run it, I've seen the following drop:

one serafi senba board
three yamata-misaki boards
two sanzu-hikens
two togeha-zashis

I'm sure I've run it way more than fifty times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-20 09:50 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Mar 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
Boards? S-ranks? You guys are mis-spelling NEU ASH AND SPERAL pretty hardcore there.

Oh wait, I got a 9% light Sanzu Hiken there.

Alizarin
Mar 20, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-03-20 11:25, panzer_unit wrote:
Boards? S-ranks? You guys are mis-spelling NEU ASH AND SPERAL pretty hardcore there.

Oh wait, I got a 9% light Sanzu Hiken there.

Needs more Note Seeds.

Though in a few of the last random runs I joined in I saw a Yamata-Misaki and Serafi-Senba board drop.

MSAksion
Mar 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
XD

Me and 2 friends just yesterday 03-19-2008 while looking for Jaos found serafi Senba XD . only took 3 runs and we got it.

Although another friend trying to find a Serafi Senba as a gift found it three times but it went to 2 randoms over the course of 2 days. The third as a gift FAILED to Synth of course thank you Sega.

So yes the serafi senba [b] exists. =/ Just keep hunting for jaos and you'll eventually get it.

Sekani
Mar 20, 2008, 03:25 PM
I had never heard of the thing when I got the drop a while back, and the synth was successful (36% dark). It wasn't until random people starting drooling that I realized I had something special.

I guess it adds a little credence to the belief that good things only come to people that aren't looking for them.

Lamak
Mar 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've farmed 3. I'm 2/3 on synths.

Ashkahn
Mar 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
Found one while soloing S (360). Nice little surprise.

Feign
Mar 20, 2008, 07:31 PM
People who say they found one:

Let me party with you? Please? ;_;

kyle21
Mar 20, 2008, 07:44 PM
I've ended up having to trade for the Serafi boards I have, can't seem to get them to drop for me. Only one I need now is a Ground Serafi, others came out 14% Lightning, 30% Fire, 30% Ice, 30% Light and 42% Dark http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif no failures yet.

Noblewine
Mar 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
It'll drop but it will take awhile just keep rerunning the mission till it drops. If it doesn't just take a break and then play again. Or you can try Forest Infiltration.

tihoa
Mar 20, 2008, 11:01 PM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5178/psu20071225143248001wt2.png

i got one a long time ago. it exists but its super rare.

Feign
Mar 21, 2008, 12:52 AM
+12 more runs, six earlier and six just now. Not a single one -_-

Atomic646
Mar 21, 2008, 03:43 AM
Yes it drops along with the [B]Sanzu-Hiken & and the [B]Dori. I'v opened the White Beast boss box and picked it up, But didnt get it :/

XenithFlare
Mar 21, 2008, 07:32 AM
On 2008-03-20 08:38, super_luu wrote:
ST has a predetermined luck plan for everyone. Debate it all you want, but I think its there and its hidden. Certain people get certain drops easier than other people, while some are harder.

Take me for example, I've found some ebrozikes, fraudukes, mizurakihohs, uransaras. I've never found a Vish Adan, Vish Adac, Dori, Coni, Huge Cutter, Crimson, among other cheaper rares, but some people say they're pretty common. I found Hirokteri, Rikauteri, and Psycho wand without any problem, but anything else....I can't seem to find whatsoever.

I'm going to agree with this one. I never find ANYTHING. <_<; I've found maybe a total of eight S-ranks (Storm, Kan Yu, Gudda Skela, Muktengek, Huge Cutter, Okanoh, Raikasobra, and Sweet Death) since this game came out, and all but the Skela were post-AOI.

Not to mention they were all random; I've never hunted anything successfully, no matter how many runs were involved.