PDA

View Full Version : Another sad PSO story

dude3282
Jan 18, 2003, 08:47 PM
It's a long story, don't say I didn't warn you. And no, this will not be an ongoing thing like KouHotaru's "Social tip of the day", unless sad stuff keeps happening at my place. Okay, from the beginning:
I wanted a kit of Mark 3. I still do. I was going to trade a Twin Psychogun and maybe some materials for one. No problem, except that I had already traded all my Psychoguns away. School was out on Friday, so I got up at 5:00 and started playing. Telepiping for Love Rappies, hard mode Purplenum. I ran into one fairly quickly - perhaps 40 Ryukers. I killed that loser - and then another spawn came. In hindsight, I know that I should have stepped out the door, then hit it with a Rafoie - but my little brothers were yelling at me, and I was excited, so I wasn't thinking straight. A Grass Assasin held me in place as I saw my first Love Rappy run away with my item.

Patience is a virtue, one that I like to exemplify, and I did not let a small thing like that get to me. I did yell at my little brothers a little bit, but I apologized later and I kept on fighting. I got to another room with two rappies in it and put my Ryuker back on the bar. I went up and down for a long time. I decided to start a new mag while I was waiting. I kept going up and down, up and down, up and down. My Fomar, when he equipped all his MST gear, had just over 800 MST, with a Sting Tip equipped. I emptied his bar twice and then some before that room gave me a Love Rappy. I did it right this time, luring the rappy to the door before killing it. No spawn came, so I was safe to watch over it until it arose. I watched intently. The rappy stirred, I whacked it, and hurried over to the yellow box. Not a red box, a yellow box. 1200+ meseta after over 200 telepipes. Gee, thanks. I guess I'll buy some more mag food.

Well, I still didn't give up. The day was halfway gone, and I made a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Then I hit the telepipes again. A rappy came up just after refilling my bar at the health center. I smacked it, and a spawn came. Then it hit me: all the doors were locked! I had foolishly telepiped in the room that locks itself behind you, the one with the timed switch for the barrier! A spawn came, complete with Grass Assasin and a Hildebear this time, and I smacked the fallen Rag Rappy - but missed the Love Rappy.

Three Love Rappies, 1200 meseta. Life was dealing me a hard hand. I wasn't too thrilled. But I had a nice weekend to look forward to. The academic team was taking an overnight trip to Charleston, by the beach, and I got to spend four hours in the car on the way down there with some nice-looking girls. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I got back from the trip happy, even though our team got killed. Well, my team got killed, but the Varsity team won the trophy. I was on JV B, and we lost four of our five games. The JV A team made it to the playoffs, and lost by one question. So we had a semi-finalist trophy and a nice, big trophy to take home. I was telling my parents about how one of the coaches almost got arrested (funny story if you want to hear it), and they told me some more bad news. One of my little brothers had turned off the Gamecube while it was saving and corrupted my memory card. They said he was scared to death that I would come home and beat him to a pulp. Surprisingly, I wasn't too bothered. In fact, I'm still not angry about it. Maybe I'll break down and start crying and screaming and punching things later tonight, but right now I am totally calm. He's just gonna pay for my HL, that's all.

If you scrolled down this far and don't want to go back and read all the rest, you can skip to the part separated by the periods.

BlueFire2k5
Jan 18, 2003, 08:55 PM
Ouch, that sucks. =/

Sorry to hear about the corruption. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Muku6
Jan 18, 2003, 09:25 PM
Charleston, eh? I live right across the harbor from it. I saw you live in SC too in your prof. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Muku6 on 2003-01-18 18:26 ]</font>

dude3282
Jan 18, 2003, 09:29 PM
Yup, the comp was at James Island High School, if I remember correctly. I'm way up in Spartanburg, so I don't make it down that way very often. It was I think my third time being there.

Dang, I wish I had some of my low-level stuff back from my old memory card. I could kick some major Normal Forest butt with my 3-slotted Soul Frames, General/Mind++'s, and a Mind Autogun +10. If only, if only . . . well, if I could go back to my old memory card, I guess I would try to save my character and his Hildebear Cane, Heart Gatling 30/25/00/30, Sting Tip, and Geist Claymore 00/00/00/35/30. Those were my four favorite weapons. Of course, I couldn't use that sword, but I was holding onto it for my next char, and I went to a lot of trouble to get it. Oh, well.

[Edit: No, I'm not disappointed at all - lol. Just nostalgic. Yeah, that's the word. Nostalgic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2003-01-18 18:43 ]</font>

Johan
Jan 18, 2003, 09:49 PM
This is why I don't let anyone play my PSO disc while I'm not home. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That sucks that you lost your stuff... good luck getting back up, man. I wish I could help, but I just unloaded all my low-level stuff about a week ago, heh.

BlueFire2k5
Jan 18, 2003, 10:57 PM
I can help ya with some FO weaps, don't have that many but I can give you a Fire, Ice, and Storm staff/wand/cane if you want them. Only have one hildebear's cane or I would give it to you, sorry. =/

WraithAkaMrak
Jan 18, 2003, 11:15 PM
Ouch. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Hope stuff like that doesn't happen again...

AnimalMother
Jan 19, 2003, 04:37 AM
Tough luck their guy, but I commend you for not taking it out on your brother, because it was almost certaintly a mistake.

I remember something similar happening to me. I had just purchased some Tyranid minatures for Warhammer 40k and had left the box in my room. So I went with some friends to see a movie, and when I got back the minatures had pretty much been ruined. I knew exactly who was behind it, because just a week earlier the centerpiece of my Army/Collection a $50 model known as the Carnifex, which I had poured at least 15 or more hours into painting was used as an action figure and suffered considerable "battle" damage.

Well after I finished screaming at my little brother, I was confronted by my mom. Who told me that he was just trying to make up for destroying my Carnifex. I felt like such and ass, so I went out bought myself a new set of Genestealers, and bought my little brother a box of Space Marines. I than taught him how to assemble and paint them, and wouldn't you know it it became a hobby for him, and that son of a bitch handed my nigh unstoppable army its first loss.

dude3282
Jan 19, 2003, 10:55 AM
Upon further investigation, I found out that it was not an accident. My little brothers had been playing offline multiplayer. They were arguing over who should get a rare item they found. He turned it off on purpose, but I don't think he realized that it would kill all the other files, too.

AnimalMother
Jan 19, 2003, 11:23 AM
well in that case let the ass whoopings commence! hehe

Goldstix69
Jan 19, 2003, 12:55 PM
Dude that really sucks...
I know how this feels as I just lost my characters. The power flashed in my area just as my game was saving. I hope you have some great friends that can help you out. See you online.. Goldstix the Hunter

GhostKingX
Jan 19, 2003, 01:28 PM
I'm also from south carolina....tru tru Gaston sc...small hick town...

Heresme89
Jan 19, 2003, 01:35 PM
I have a story too:
We were having a footbal party(the bestest sport ever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) After the game was over All my friends and their little brothers came into the guestroom to play some pso and some other games. All my friends were at level 50ish and I was 65 so we decided to do some vhard forest runs. Sooner or later we run into a hildeblue. I kill the hildeblue and it dropped a god arm. I took it and then we headed off to caves. About caves 3 my best friend and his little brother had a argument about not letting him play. I said just let him play after we beat de rol le. We beat him, my friend got a mahu with 40% on hit which is cool cause hes a force. We decided to turn it off and save when the impatient 10 year old pecker head decided if he couldn't play nobody would so he turned it off during the saving. Needless to say my friends got up and kicked his ass leaving everybody grounded. This was about 3 weeks after the game came out so I have my char back and better. Hell, I even found tons of more rares so it really wasn't such a bad loss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Heresme89 on 2003-01-19 10:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Heresme89 on 2003-01-19 10:36 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Jan 19, 2003, 01:36 PM
dude have you ever had the feeling where you want to start over, but you DONT because you worked so hard to get there?

Happens to me...

Like when I get FSOD etc, I almost hope that maybe something bad will happen...

I guess I just like PSO enough to keep starting over. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heresme89
Jan 19, 2003, 01:39 PM
If you think you live in a hick town. . . . I live in the buckle of the bible belt in west florida (most churches per square mile. About 75% of residents have pickups

dude3282
Jan 19, 2003, 05:04 PM
I thought that SC was the "Bible Belt Buckle". Must be wrong, I guess. When half the school seems to be the son of a Baptist Preacher, it makes it hard to be a Mormon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2003-01-19 14:04 ]</font>