PDA

View Full Version : Possible look at future drops? (Regarding New Drops in Datab

Neith
Mar 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
I tend to check the Item Database every few days to see if anything new is added. Well, recently, I noticed that a few new drops for Lv150+ enemies were added. I don't have the Perfect Bible, so this was new news to me. Anyway, I'm assuming one of the Dengeki missions on JP PSU has Lv150+ monsters.

It's very clear there's a pattern in regards to their drops.

1) Kakwane at Lv100-149 drop a board for Vish Adan (10* Tenora Whip). At 150+, they drop the board for Vish Feara (the 11* Whip)

2) Grass Assassin at Lv100-149 drop the board for Sweet Death. At 150+, they drop the board for Double Agito.

It should be pretty obvious (there are other enemies too that do this, check the item database for details. You should notice that at Lv150+, enemies that dropped boards of a manufacturer (read: Not Kubara) seem to drop the next board up.

Whether this pattern translates onto other enemies (imagine Deljabans dropping Blackhearts, or Go Vahras dropping Grand Cross) I'm unsure, but it seems likely if the recently added drops are anything to go by.

What I'm more interested in is boss drops. If you follow this pattern, some of the drops 'make sense'. Lv150+ De Ragan would drop a De Ragan Slayer, as well as De Ragun. Lv150+ De Ragnus would drop Ragan-Ragan. I think some of the drops may stay the same (such as Dulk-senba from Fakis, unless Heart of Dulk replaces it?), and I think that enemies which drop Kubaras, like Svaltus may retain their drop as it is unique to them (for obvious reasons).

It's all just speculation, but seeing the Lv150+ Kakwane drop (and some others) makes this seem pretty likely.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Sorry if the Perfect Bible covers this, as I said,I don't have it so I wouldn't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-20 09:02 ]</font>

RedMussel
Mar 20, 2008, 10:45 AM
Link does work

EspioKaos
Mar 20, 2008, 10:53 AM
Right, the LV150+ drop data comes from DMC, specifically the mission "Television Puzzle." (Unfortunately, the PB cut off drop data at the LV125-149 range. Or, maybe this would be more fortunate since I think it's more fun discovering this kind of stuff on our own as opposed to being handed it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif) The other enemies available that fall in this range (with their drops) are:

Go Bajilla ([B] Frauduke)
Kagajibari ([B] Hoshi-kikami)

Katy
Not all enemies follow the same pattern. For example Ollaka lvl 99 and below drop Yomei rifles but lvl 100+ its twin daggers. And boss drops vary a lot since Dimmagolos can drop Muktrand boards on S2 and De Rol Le S/S2 drops Magga Guin etc etc.

Eyce_Theon
Sounds pretty logical.

Bolvyn
Mar 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hoo care's. Is there any thing ells to do instead of looking for rare and lv up.

This game is getting boring. They need add new stuff not have rare drop. Boring.

That is why PSO is so much better. There were so much other stuff to do. Now PSU is boring.

Neith
Mar 20, 2008, 11:00 AM
On 2008-03-20 08:53, Katy wrote:
Not all enemies follow the same pattern. For example Ollaka lvl 99 and below drop Yomei rifles but lvl 100+ its twin daggers. And boss drops vary a lot since Dimmagolos can drop Muktrand boards on S2 and De Rol Le S/S2 drops Magga Guin etc etc.

Yeah, I'm not sure what'd happen for enemies that drop lower-rank items (like Polty/Distova etc), but I was mainly looking at monsters which drop 10* manufacturer boards at Lv100-149.

I do agree it'd be nicer to find the Lv150+ drops by discovery, but when this pattern repeats across a few enemies, its likely that its the case for all 10* board dropping monsters, and if that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me if 150+ bosses can drop 12* boards.

Kamica
Mar 20, 2008, 11:01 AM
On 2008-03-20 08:54, Bolvyn wrote:
Hoo care's. Is there any thing ells to do instead of looking for rare and lv up.

This game is getting boring. They need add new stuff not have rare drop. Boring.

That is why PSO is so much better. There were so much other stuff to do. Now PSU is boring.

Did you play the same PSO that I did?

Leveling up and getting rares were not only more exciting in PSO, but they were of greater emphasis too. Look no farther than the fact that there was no level cap (besides 200) and the fact that section ids
existed.

Bolvyn
Mar 20, 2008, 11:09 AM
On 2008-03-20 09:01, Kamica wrote:

Leveling up and getting rares were not only more exciting in PSO, but they were of greater emphasis too. Look no farther than the fact that there was no level cap (besides 200) and the fact that section ids
existed.

I would have to agree with you.

And rare were rare. Not every one had them. like you see now on PSU S rakes don't meen any thing. Every one has them on PSU. Even a new person can get them know. That is not a S rank like PSO you have to work for your S rank. know you don't have to do any thing. Boring.

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 11:53 AM

Put this in rants, not a random topic. And ya know what, a lot of us dont even give a damn.

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
On 2008-03-20 09:09, Bolvyn wrote:

existed.

And rare were rare. Not every one had them. like you see now on PSU S rakes don't meen any thing. Every one has them on PSU. Even a new person can get them know. That is not a S rank like PSO you have to work for your S rank. know you don't have to do any thing. Boring.

First off you need grammer help, second off did you play the same PSO I did? Everyone had S "rakes" and they were insanely common if you weren't on NORMAL OR HARD

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
On 2008-03-20 09:09, Bolvyn wrote:

existed.

Rares were rare? lol. I played online for a month and had almost every rare weapon in the game (trading is pretty fun). Not to mention duping was rampant and could be applied to everything.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

AlMcFly
Mar 20, 2008, 12:16 PM
...and yeah, that was pretty much what PSO was. Level up to be able to hunt rares, challenging yourself to complete missions in certain times, and spamming lobbies with friends lol. What's so different in PSU?

I also agree with everyone else about the rares. Was in PSOBB and in only 3 months had pretty much best armor, spammed the hell out of Heaven Striker, and had 3 lvl 100 characters.

Hrith
Mar 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
Let's get back on topic, now >_>

Apart from the 11* single dagger and the 11* whip, we have all the 11* weapons already (11* machinegun from Falz, which we will get way before "Dengeki"), Lv150+ monsters don't sound appealing at all.
If I want a Double Agito, I'd rather hunt it from the stupidly easy Dual Sentinel S2 than from Lv150 Grass Assassins (Lv110 De Ragnus probably has a better drop rate than Lv150 Grass Assassins, too >_>)

What I'm looking for is actually NEW stuff, like the 11* Yohmei double saber, 11* Yohmei axe, 11* Yohmei rifle, 11* Yohmei spear, and 10*/11* weapons for the weapons which currently stop at 9* =/

Kylie
Mar 20, 2008, 12:29 PM
It makes sense, but it also makes you wonder how long we'll be waiting for 13* items, then 14* items, then 15* weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-20 10:32 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Mar 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
Heh. If level 150+ enemies drop 11*s, how the hell are we gonna get 15* weapons?

panzer_unit
Mar 20, 2008, 12:56 PM
Level 200+ monsters? Numbers on modern computers can go pretty high.

Mikura
Mar 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
I'm beginning to get this odd feeling we won't see most 13*-15* rares until the next expansion. <_<

drizzle
Mar 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
Those 150+ drops are no surprise at all. And level 200+ regular monsters will drop 12* stuff, and bosses 13*. 14* and up will probably be rare monster and event drops.

Neith
Mar 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:21, Hrith wrote:
Let's get back on topic, now >_>

Apart from the 11* single dagger and the 11* whip, we have all the 11* weapons already (11* machinegun from Falz, which we will get way before "Dengeki"), Lv150+ monsters don't sound appealing at all.
If I want a Double Agito, I'd rather hunt it from the stupidly easy Dual Sentinel S2 than from Lv150 Grass Assassins (Lv110 De Ragnus probably has a better drop rate than Lv150 Grass Assassins, too >_>)

What I'm looking for is actually NEW stuff, like the 11* Yohmei double saber, 11* Yohmei axe, 11* Yohmei rifle, 11* Yohmei spear, and 10*/11* weapons for the weapons which currently stop at 9* =/

Yeah, I agree on that. I don't know if anyone's looked into game data, but I'm curious on whether things like an 11* Yohmei Rifle even exist. It's annoying too that there's so much stuff in the game data (even from the original game) that isn't released online yet. Seeing the likely route that these Lv150+ drops are taking, we might be waiting a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And yeah, I'd much rather fight a Lv100-149 boss than a Lv150+ monster, especially seeing how bad some droprates are from monsters currently. Lv150+ Grinna Bete S for Rattlesnake? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif No thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh, and to everyone arguing about whether PSO or PSU is better: do it somewhere else. I don't want this thread locked because it got derailed with a pointless argument we've all seen a million times before.

KamiSori
Mar 20, 2008, 01:57 PM
On 2008-03-20 10:21, Hrith wrote:

so are these confirmed to exist as of now? i would love to see these weapons, along with S rank yohmei sabers and S rank GRM daggers.

Chibi_psu
Mar 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
What about the safety heart unit?An unit that would be great to drop in valentine or white day but nothing yet...Come on sonic team we need some hearts in our lifes :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-03-20 12:03 ]</font>

Alizarin
Mar 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
Speaking of wanting new things, I would like to see the different brands invest in more varieties of weapons. I'm curious to see what an A-rank Tenora Saber would look like (excluding the Crea one). Also a bit surprised that Yohmei would release Shotguns as opposed to GRM.

Other than that, I agree they should work on implementing the rest of the items still unreleased online from V1.

panzer_unit
Mar 20, 2008, 02:08 PM
On 2008-03-20 11:54, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yeah, I agree on that. I don't know if anyone's looked into game data, but I'm curious on whether things like an 11* Yohmei Rifle even exist.
And yeah, I'd much rather fight a Lv100-149 boss than a Lv150+ monster, especially seeing how bad some droprates are from monsters currently. Lv150+ Grinna Bete S for Rattlesnake? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif No thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I've been wondering about the alternate brand S-ranks too. I want to see some Tenora made S-rank swords and (twin) claws.

Only 10* for alternate S-rank brands? I can see that.
Only Yohmei for alternate S-rank brands? Come on there's gotta be more than that.

I'd rather hunt lv150 mobs for 11*'s since there are more chances to get those, plus all the rest of the drops are going to be way better too; materials, higher-rank boss rares, etc. PSU is still way too easy as-is anyway, right?

mvffin
Mar 20, 2008, 03:09 PM
Gib Tenora S rank Wands/Rods/TCSM

Gib Yohmei S rank Twin HG/Laser/Shottie

DreXxiN
Mar 20, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm sure level 150+ bosses can drop 15* or 14* stuff and just be VERY rare. Did anyone forget that Psycho wand, the most popular wand, which is 12*, dropped BEFORE the expansion in sleeping warriors S2, but was just very hard to find?

Mikura
Mar 20, 2008, 06:00 PM
On 2008-03-20 13:30, DreXxiN wrote:
I'm sure level 150+ bosses can drop 15* or 14* stuff and just be VERY rare. Did anyone forget that Psycho wand, the most popular wand, which is 12*, dropped BEFORE the expansion in sleeping warriors S2, but was just very hard to find?

You would think but it wouldn't surprise me if Sega went ahead and buried all those nuggets in the game already, only to unlock them online sometime after the next expansion is released.

I could be wrong and I hope I am actually but it's just a thought that's occurred.

Rayokarna
Mar 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
Does anyone notice that any weapons from 13* and above is all Kubara?

CelestialBlade
Mar 20, 2008, 06:15 PM
I hope that every enemy that drops a Cubo Mamba board starts dropping Musranas, I hate Dilla Grienas so much.

GaNksTa
Mar 20, 2008, 06:15 PM
On 2008-03-20 16:10, Rayokarna wrote:
Does anyone notice that any weapons from 13* and above is all Kubara?

No..

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2786/granahodra/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2488/germinus_gun/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2902/tiga_ragan/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2572/tiga_de_ragan/

Reginaldo
Mar 21, 2008, 12:35 AM
I heard most of the image data for most of the 13*+ weapons isn't even on the AoI disk.

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
On 2008-03-20 16:15, Typheros wrote:
I hope that every enemy that drops a Cubo Mamba board starts dropping Musranas, I hate Dilla Grienas so much.

Same here, there's only...three for sale on 360 right now I think, all upwards of 30mil.

I just bought A Cubo Tuma (11*) for 1 mil but have yet to acquire the Cubo Musrana (10*) because it's much more expensive....something is wrong here.

Sure the Cubo Tuma is better but I'm a collector of sorts and I'd like to have at least one of each S-rank gun, if not every weapon.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Kylie
Mar 21, 2008, 11:26 AM
On 2008-03-20 22:35, Reginaldo wrote:
I heard most of the image data for most of the 13*+ weapons isn't even on the AoI disk.

I've heard that as well. There's also the thing about ST saying they have years planned for PSU, and I can't see PSU:AOI being stretched out that long [ successfully ]. They'll probably do another expansion for PC / PS3 and 360, or what I'm hoping... a sequel rather than an expansion. Who knows at this point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-21 09:27 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 21, 2008, 11:42 AM
ST will probably release a new expansion every year, and most of us will buy it.

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!

Chibi_psu
Mar 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
Of course musrana its rare.Nobody does train mission lol.Anyway with the il cabo mission it will be easier to get one(got mine in a trade long time ago anyway :3)

XDeathX
Mar 22, 2008, 10:13 AM

Go find Love Inferno.

I got better things to do then to farm for 3 months so I can witness the thing I found fail and 3 months for knot, wasted. And I am not talking about the Inferno here.

pikachief
Mar 22, 2008, 12:03 PM
Can someone on the JP version confirm the love inferno dropping from the lvl 150 robot boss?

gryphonvii
Mar 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'll be going on a zampvapas massacre till I find the 11* single dagger.

Blueblur
Mar 22, 2008, 11:36 PM
On 2008-03-21 09:42, amtalx wrote:
ST will probably release a new expansion every year, and most of us will buy it.

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!

First, LOL. Second, wouldn't we have heard something about a new expansion by now?

AmyPsycho
Mar 23, 2008, 02:16 AM
Actually... albeit I loved PSO, its WAY harder to get S ranks on PSU. All I had to do was wink at a given character and he'd bestow me with 1000000 bajillion force rares he'd dupe. Including S ranks, like the golden Double Saber.

Sure, it was fun, but theres no duping here anymore and you usually have to do SOMETHING here to get them... whether its hunting and synthing, or finding ways to get the money to buy them.

I love both games. However, I really want Episode 2's Central Control Area back. Like bad.

danny_o
Mar 23, 2008, 06:38 AM
Dilla's are mean, and the robots give my 360 monster lag...

There should be whole blocks of just Dilla's, nothing else.