PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Brain & Mother Brain

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 06:45 PM
Alright, this is THE WORST MISSION EVER! Myself (Zanette, 44 Female Human Wartecher 4) and my friend (Golden Falcon, 70 Male Cast Protranser 1) as well as a PM just spent 1:22 doing this mish on B rank! Yes, thats right B rank. We spent about 25 minutes on the mission itself, but the next hour or so were spent on the boss. Mother Brain is the cheapest most over powered boss in existence. Not to mention the 'reward' at the end is less then the ones before it. The boss (on B rank mind you) was able to kill my friend 3 times and myself once, and I managed to get aproximately 125% on my reverser and about 33% on my Resta which is the most I've ever gotten in a single mission since I had to spam heals the entire boss fight to keep us from losing horribly. What was worse was the intense lag, both of us were experiencing. My restas only worked 80% of the time and my reversers about 50%. My digas would hit the body parts and do no damage what so ever half the time. He was also almost impossible to do any damage to and I had access to techs, ranged, and melee, while my friend was using ranged and melee. In conclusion, Worst Mission Ever. I'm only going to do it 8 more times. Today.

Telina
Mar 20, 2008, 06:48 PM
did you take out the arms first?
hat drops her shield and lets you kill her inside of 40 seconds if your PA's are up there

can't argue about the lag, but yea, some missions are harder than others. Specifically the hive missions of any kind.

If your on the 360 version msg me at GT: Seriyu and i'll help you and your friends through it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Telina on 2008-03-20 16:49 ]</font>

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 06:54 PM
No, we're probably never doing that again, and our problem was I couldn't attack at all, because I had to spend all my time using resta and reverser. We destroyed both arms at least twice each, but they just kept regenerating and her constant damage output was unbeleivable. She also had 80,000 health. ;_;

Telina
Mar 20, 2008, 06:59 PM
well, not much i can help you with there sorry.

its not a bad mission, (i don't know of your or your friends equipment) but its incredibly easy when you have the proper equipment and adequate levels.

It actually takes longer to kill her arms later on simply because you need to hit them with only ranged attacks....she's a push over so long as you dont get her when she's got glitched HP lol

GaNksTa
Mar 20, 2008, 07:04 PM
It seems some have problems with her, while others do not. I have never had problems with her; she always goes down within 2-3 minutes on S. I recommend using Chikki on her arms (Not the hand/drill area) and saving your beast for her.. that is.. if you're a Beast; SUVs don't seem to help much because you miss a lot (pushes you back with arms or not close enough)- though it does depend on which one you're using as well.

Kerry157
Mar 20, 2008, 07:07 PM
Just level up some and get better equipment. A few lvls make a big difference

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 07:13 PM
We don't have any problems with any other missions. We can do S ranks easier then this. (Except for the ones that have megid, ugh) I meant for people who aren't like level 100+ and are melee oriented, with less range capabilities. Inbetween us we just had 2 bows, the rest were melee or for me madoogs and a wand. What I mean is are there strategies for groups that aren't 6 people all s ranked out and specifically prepared. We regularly deal with A rank and the occasional S rank missions together, but we just got obliterated on the boss. The rest was piece-of-cake. Oh, and if you're relying on chikki, LRN2PLY Nub, because the rest of us actually use skill and don't have 6 100+ people spamming chikki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2008-03-20 17:22 ]</font>

imfanboy
Mar 20, 2008, 07:27 PM
Try using Diga on her arms.

Heck, even when I'm playing a guntecher I'll use Diga, because it does such huge amounts of damage to her arms. You've got to stand up a bit and learn how to pitch it over the little sidewalls, but once you get the hang of it it's the best thing for a techer of any stripe to do.

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 07:29 PM
You can toss it over the walls? I couldn't even hit the mini arms half the time or the body, because the thing kept eating my digas. Seriously though, the levels up to and including that were a breeze, it was just the boss.

Telina
Mar 20, 2008, 07:38 PM
its tough to toss diga over the walls, you have to be up hill and actually cast down hill towards her arms. Its risky but it does a lot of damage

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
Eh, my diga's not even lvl 11. I kinda switched jobs at one point before you could save your levels of a PA and so I'm releveling most of my techs, but before this I never noticed any problems. The main problem I found with the boss was that we spent half our time more or less incapacitated as I spammed resta just barely keeping ahead of the damage even on myself, which even though half of it was blocked or did zero's was still incredibly high. Thanks for the ideas, we'll try it (if we ever decide to do that horrible mission over again), but it just seems that any mish especially on b rank shouldn't be this much of a problem for us. Most A ranks just aren't this annoying.

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
I hated mother brain...so much.

Yuneiko
Mar 20, 2008, 10:01 PM
I think your class levels are sorta low. Especially the protranser, at lower levels, they get a BIG hit to all stats, meaning you're nowhere near as strong as even a level 1 basic class(might be an exageration).

ThEoRy
Mar 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
ive heArd theres a glitch where she has mega health sometimes. give it another shot and see if theres a difference.

zanotam
Mar 20, 2008, 10:43 PM
We're well aware of the fact that a WT (any level) and a PT (1) are about as gimp as it gets, but we handled the mission piece of cake and various A ranks as well, and never had this much trouble.

imfanboy
Mar 20, 2008, 10:58 PM
Whoa, PT1? Ugh, he must have about 700 HP. No wonder you were having to spam resta.

And what kind of armor was he wearing?

Powder Keg
Mar 20, 2008, 11:05 PM
I hate this mission because I won't drop me Grand Cross >_<

LaughingMan
Mar 20, 2008, 11:10 PM
On 2008-03-20 20:01, Yuneiko wrote:
I think your class levels are sorta low. Especially the protranser, at lower levels, they get a BIG hit to all stats, meaning you're nowhere near as strong as even a level 1 basic class(might be an exageration).

Maybe not that low but you do take a major stat hit once you go PT.

dc534
Mar 21, 2008, 12:26 AM
Ok I am guessing that although it took a while you had no problem until you came to the boss. This was the case for me as protranser as well.

Some tips for the WT.

Stand close to the edge so you can hit her arms with diga, once her arms are gone you should have no problem. A slicer would have really helped with taking those arms down but since niether of you have one use diga, that works just as well. Bows and guns take way too long so tell your protranser buddy to just rely on healing himself and when she pounds that arm down then he can attack that. Hopefully that helps a litttle with the boss. As a PT it takes a while to take them arms down but asn WT your diga will work really good because it can be casted over the edge because it arcs.

ashley50
Mar 21, 2008, 01:02 AM
On 2008-03-20 16:45, zanotam wrote:
Alright, this is THE WORST MISSION EVER! Myself (Zanette, 44 Female Human Wartecher 4) and my friend (Golden Falcon, 70 Male Cast Protranser 1) as well as a PM just spent 1:22 doing this mish on B rank! Yes, thats right B rank. We spent about 25 minutes on the mission itself, but the next hour or so were spent on the boss. Mother Brain is the cheapest most over powered boss in existence. Not to mention the 'reward' at the end is less then the ones before it. The boss (on B rank mind you) was able to kill my friend 3 times and myself once, and I managed to get aproximately 125% on my reverser and about 33% on my Resta which is the most I've ever gotten in a single mission since I had to spam heals the entire boss fight to keep us from losing horribly. What was worse was the intense lag, both of us were experiencing. My restas only worked 80% of the time and my reversers about 50%. My digas would hit the body parts and do no damage what so ever half the time. He was also almost impossible to do any damage to and I had access to techs, ranged, and melee, while my friend was using ranged and melee. In conclusion, Worst Mission Ever. I'm only going to do it 8 more times. Today.

man...your party sucks.

pikachief
Mar 21, 2008, 01:03 AM
On 2008-03-20 20:20, ThEoRy wrote:
ive heArd theres a glitch where she has mega health sometimes. give it another shot and see if theres a difference.

she is, i was running it on B with my lvl 120 FG and my lvl 120 FF friend and it took FOR-EV-ER! >.<

it usually only happens in small party's

zanotam
Mar 21, 2008, 01:16 AM
Well actually, I can run as GT, WT, and AT, but I was just doing WT at the time since it's the one that needs to be leveled the most to do any good, and I was healing myself about half as often as I was healing him, but that still is a bit much compared to what I usually need, and I usually need a lot less then most people would expect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2008-03-20 23:19 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Mar 21, 2008, 05:34 AM
I was soloing this on B back in the day when my Human AF was in his 50's for note seeds. Took be about 30-40 minutes tops depending on how much of a pain the boss wants to be.

So please don't blame the mission just because both of you fail. Mother Brain is one sexy computer and she knows how to pick a nice boss tune.

landman
Mar 21, 2008, 08:01 AM
So the only one attacking Mother Brain was the protranser lvl 1... ok

I like the mission, it is challenging at least if you are not a forte

zanotam
Mar 21, 2008, 12:08 PM
I should have been more clear. I got in at least 20,000 points of damage, but I just had to do a lot of healing and reverser since the attacks rarely let up long enough for me to do much else. It was an hour long fight, it's not hard to do a lot of damage in that long a period of time even if you are mostly healing.

I'm getting ready to make another run at the boss with my friend, this time without a PM since we've both leveled up a little (he's PT 3 now, yay I guess) and I'll include some of your suggestions, but I have a feeling it was glitched, since any other boss on even A rank takes on a bad day around 10 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2008-03-21 10:12 ]</font>

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 12:57 PM
i love this mission because it very long boring annoying drop several rares but mostly 1 par ebon and its clearly i really cheap boss in tactics and in budget, and it makes everyone complain loads http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kylie
Mar 21, 2008, 01:23 PM
I don't like Electronic Brain either, and not because it's a challenge. Actually, it's not difficult at all at a higher level and with a decent party (or just with a good strategy). Personally, I find its scenery and mobs very boring, and the HIVE music puts me to sleep. More than two runs of it in a row is enough to make me want to crawl in bed and never wake up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-21 11:26 ]</font>

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 01:41 PM
yeah i think its too long, they should make it like true darkness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zanotam
Mar 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
Well, the boss took me 20 minutes with just hyuga and my PM, no second person. It wasn't so much a hard fight as an annoying one. The camera angles, horrid hit boxes, and even after turning down my frame skip to 3, still more laggy then any thing else is even on frame skip 2. Otherwise it was just boring and I couldn't get enough damage into the second arm before the first one would regenerate, mainly because of the horrid camera angles and that absolutely horrid lag. I'm tempted to try it again once I'm higher level, for drops. For now I'll just stick with doing this mish if I somehow end up there, but no reason to run it over, and over, and over, again.

ymecca
Mar 21, 2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry but I can't help but say....YOUR PARTY SUCKED. Get better weapons, quit using reverser and resta the entire time and force them to heal themselves every once in a while. Its not the techers job to do all the healing. Mother brain had to be one of the easiest missions out there though, its easier than onmagoug or dulk fakis. I personally have run that mission on B at least 30 times using my lvl 32 cast and run it on S with a lvl 76 beast. Sorry, but I don't see what is so hard about the boss fight or the mission itself.Plus instead of whining about how you can't beat it GO BACK AND TRY TO BEAT IT AGIAN.

zanotam
Mar 21, 2008, 06:00 PM
Um I did. I beat it and was bored out of my mind in doing so, but it wasn't so much a bad boss, as bad design. The first time I still did a lot of work and I was just maybe, maybe, slightly, exagerating how much work I actually did. It was probably just a HP glitch, and you obviously have never played with a GOOD PT or WT, they may be tricky, but the job gets done. I have fine equipment btw since last time I played haxeta was just dying down and I've got about 50 a ranks sitting in my bank for various classes and situations as well as a pretty powerful palette. Just because we don't have a max level to sugar daddy us, doesn't mean we suck.

Is it possible to lock this thread, since it's obviously devolved into a pointless flame fest? Thanks for the tips and strategies to those of you who were being constructive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2008-03-21 16:02 ]</font>

ymecca
Mar 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
What sugar daddy......Uhhhh wish I had one. it wouldn't have cost me so much time and effort playing to get my weapons.

Onkyo
Mar 21, 2008, 06:08 PM
pff my best solo time was 23 minutes.
(usually 25 minutes)

Level 40 jabroga helps alot
mother brain + 46 % earth bil axe = very easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ps: I love this mission and my crand cross from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Onkyo on 2008-03-21 16:13 ]</font>