PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Do you believe telepipes should come back???????

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 21, 2008, 01:53 AM
For those who never played PSO, telepipes was an item that let you drop a portal wherever u r in the mission back to the city....to restock or w/e. The neat thing about it was, the telepipe stayed there until the person who dropped it goes back in.

This would be less time consuming....You just come back where your placed....so simple ^_^

For those who played PSO
do you think the telepipe would be a nice addition to PSU????

Aries2384
Mar 21, 2008, 01:58 AM
I understand what you're getting at Charger, but I just don't see the point in reinstating Telepipes/Ryuker. Although, I wonder what lvling that PA technic would do?! Haha! Have to lvl to get certain distances? I.E. to be able to Telepipe from block 3 and on would require lvl21? LoL. thatd be sad.
All things said, telepipes would be fun to have.. but most of the time nowadays, at least for me anyway, I don't really ever need to go back to town and most throw together parties would resent the fact of taking the time to go back to town.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 21, 2008, 02:07 AM
I remember ryuker
I wasnt sure how that worked when you leveled that up. I never used it.
lol@ ur way of describing what it would do at lvl 21

True about the not going to town alot.....
personally i think PSO missions where longer n a lil more challengin so in most cases you HAD to go back to town atleast once. but it wouldnt hurt to have that item ^_^

Also..... i know its off topic.... I wish they had Mags like they did in PSO where they affect your characters stats

Aries2384
Mar 21, 2008, 02:16 AM
Since tech discs were either found or bought in PSO, Ryuker never leveled up. You had Ryuker lvl 1 (or some such if I recall correctly)
But on the fact that PSO missions took longer. Yep, I remember when parties would get to Falz and telepipe back to the ship. Almost like the breath before the storm, you know? I remember going through the Ruins (or caves for that matter -_-) on Hard and it'd take me an hour or two to get through. You had to be able to go back to town.
I personally wish theyd bring into PSU, some missions that literally took an hour or two to go through. I'm not talking about Metro line withs its quadra-billion blocks. I'm talking about a REAL mission. Several bosses or lots of mobs or just loads of blocks with BIG rewards for taking 1-2 hours out of your time to run it. It'd cut back on the spamming for parties in the lobbies. To add to that note, thats alot of time to put in if some little arse decides to boot you for a uber drop. They should put a Majority vote in for booting. Like you have to have half the party agree to boot someone or something.
Mmmmm Mag goodness. I miss those things. They were soooo awesome. I wish they'd bring them back in one shape or another. Hell.. I'd be happy for some better AI on the NPC/PM department...

KiteWolfwood
Mar 21, 2008, 05:25 AM
Meh we don't need um. I see it as only taking up a space in my inventory that could be used for something else.

Missions in PSU are not long enough to really warrant a need for a telepipe. Also as it is we have checkpoints to go back to the lobby at the beginning of every block.

LaughingMan
Mar 21, 2008, 05:40 AM
is someone forgetting the telepipe trick?(granted that it might not work in psu but you never know)

Syl
Mar 21, 2008, 05:43 AM
On 2008-03-21 03:40, LaughingMan wrote:
is someone forgetting the telepipe trick?(granted that it might not work in psu but you never know)

As far as I remember, that didn't work online on PSO due to the server saving all the monster info.

JarinKail
Mar 21, 2008, 07:08 AM
We already have them. They're called the block crystals.

chaoskila
Mar 21, 2008, 07:27 AM
hell yes the block crystals are anoying cuz i have to walk all the way back boooo

LaughingMan
Mar 21, 2008, 07:40 AM
On 2008-03-21 03:43, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2008-03-21 03:40, LaughingMan wrote:

As far as I remember, that didn't work online on PSO due to the server saving all the monster info.

No the telepipe trick diffidently worked in PSO on the xbox but yes it does save the monster data on PSU if I'm not mistaken.

landman
Mar 21, 2008, 07:56 AM
In PSU there are not rare enemy, there are rare map, so the telepipe trick would not work

ashley50
Mar 21, 2008, 08:42 AM
On 2008-03-21 05:27, chaoskila wrote:
hell yes the block crystals are anoying cuz i have to walk all the way back boooo

too lazy to walk too much?

easy
Mar 21, 2008, 09:01 AM
YES

Kerry157
Mar 21, 2008, 09:08 AM
just cast ryuka kthx

Kylie
Mar 21, 2008, 09:48 AM
Nah, PSU missions are pretty short, so I don't see the point. It's really not too big of a deal to go back to a crystal or wait for the next bloxk. Also, this game is so easy that you shouldn't have to restock during a mission, even when soloing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

JarinKail
Mar 21, 2008, 10:38 AM
Seriously. You people that want telepipes, do you want someone else to do the missions for you, too? I mean, come on. They're simple enough as they are, do you REALLY need to buy more trimates before the last block?

MayLee
Mar 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
The reason we had telipipes because we had to go through forest to get through another mission and go thrpugh that mission to get through Caves and Caves to get through Mines and Mines to get through the Ruins without stopping.

Now in Psu it's all seperated and we also have lobby crystals.

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
That has nothing to do with lobby crystals. They're completely different. They have a similar parallel but that’s it. It’s not forest to caves to mines ect., it’s more like forrest 1 to forrest 2, get it.

As for the people that say we don't need them, you guys are crazy too. Maybe as of now they're not completely necessary, but the thing is if did have them it would allow for harder maps and stronger enemies. It would be way more convenient if a Telepipe took you strait back to town. Why waste time mindlessly walking through the map just to get to town.

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 11:58 AM
Seriously. You people that want telepipes, do you want someone else to do the missions for you, too?

You're dumb.

They're simple enough as they are, do you REALLY need to buy more trimates before the last block?

Who the F*** cares. It doesn't matter weather you need to buy more trimates or not. IT's the convenience factor. Things like getting back to town should not be something that is inconvenient, period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-21 10:02 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 21, 2008, 12:05 PM
A teleport crystal at the beginning of every block isn't convenient enough?

Telepipes would be a cool throw back, but not necessary. I don't think we'd see too many people having to use them.

Question: If you drop a telepipe mid mission, where would the other "end" of it show up? In PSO they worked because Pioneer was part of your group's mission; Only the people in your mission could use the pipes. Would the PSU pipe appear outside the flyer base? How could you tell which one was yours if you wanted to go back through? What if someone else used your pipe? Unless the other "end" of the pipe showed on block 1, right by the entrance, it wouldn't work.

Powder Keg
Mar 21, 2008, 12:19 PM
I miss telepipes...especially randomly throwing one down in the area your friend is fighting and make him accidentally teleport back up.

Good times...

JarinKail
Mar 21, 2008, 12:20 PM
On 2008-03-21 09:58, Andy1423 wrote:

Seriously. You people that want telepipes, do you want someone else to do the missions for you, too?

You're dumb.

They're simple enough as they are, do you REALLY need to buy more trimates before the last block?

Who the F*** cares. It doesn't matter weather you need to buy more trimates or not. IT's the convenience factor. Things like getting back to town should not be something that is inconvenient, period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-21 10:02 ]</font>

I hate the term, but really, you need to learn to play.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
On 2008-03-21 07:48, Kylie wrote:
Nah, PSU missions are pretty short

Exactly. It'd be a waste.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2008-03-21 10:26 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 21, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-03-21 10:05, JAFO22000 wrote:
Question: If you drop a telepipe mid mission, where would the other "end" of it show up? In PSO they worked because Pioneer was part of your group's mission; Only the people in your mission could use the pipes. Would the PSU pipe appear outside the flyer base? How could you tell which one was yours if you wanted to go back through? What if someone else used your pipe? Unless the other "end" of the pipe showed on block 1, right by the entrance, it wouldn't work.

Yea that is a good question.....well since PSU is more OPEN compared to PSO, like you said, lead you back to the flyer base or somewhere in the city you was in..

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
That really wouldn't be that big of an issue. There are many solutions. But good point, the lobbys are different in PSU as to say the towns are not "private". This does leave the possibility open for mass confusion in lobbys, but it could be simply be the same. When you go into the doors for the mission form in town, it would then bring you to an option like "Use : Telepipe 1") or whatever.

I hate the term, but really, you need to learn to play.

OKay lvl 93 kid

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 21, 2008, 12:56 PM
On 2008-03-21 10:05, JAFO22000 wrote:

Telepipes would be a cool throw back, but not necessary. I don't think we'd see too many people having to use them.

Yeah I was going to bring this up too, there would be so many telepipes outside the flyer bases due to how PSU is set up XD I suppose they COULD make your telepipes visible to only your party but that's too much work for ST. The missions are a lot shorter and you don't need telepipes. The only times I've needed to restock mid-mission is when I forget prepare.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 01:04 PM

It's really not. Think about you being mid mission and a friend wants to join. You could simply put a tp down, an woo bamb! Now you just saved your friend the hassel of walking there.

Who cares if you add something in the game that doesn't really have an impact on it.

This game is not about how far you have to walk to get to the town.

PSo had TPs;;; Diablo 2 had TP's...why not PSU.
It's not going to ruin the game. Like I said before, it's just going to give the level designers more freedom, and players more flexability/convenience between maps.

JAFO22000
Mar 21, 2008, 01:13 PM
Nobody's saying that the introduction of telepipes will ruin the game. We are merely assessing the worth of telepipes in a game where it is ridiculously easy to get to where you want to go compared to other games (I've not played any other ORPGs but have heard stories about how difficult it can be to get to certain areas there).

I mean, why don't we go one step further and ask for the ability for any player to instantly teleport anywhere in the game they have been before....from anywhere, to anywhere. Just select the menu option "teleport", select from a menu of places you have been and instantly teleport there from your room.

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
so first off, sorry to everyone for sounding like a jerk. (jarinkail)

But For REAL, When you talk about having to walk somewhere to the next it's generaly not a positive topic. So just elemenate the problem, thats all.

((((not the towns the missions)))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-21 11:19 ]</font>

Tengoku
Mar 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-03-21 11:17, Andy1423 wrote:
so first off, sorry to everyone for sounding like a jerk. (jarinkail)

But For REAL, When you talk about having to walk somewhere to the next it's generaly not a positive topic. So just elemenate the problem, thats all.

((((not the towns the missions)))That's really why nobody thinks it's a big issue. The walks in this game are really short compared to other games. You want a long walk? Try going anywhere in The Barrens on-level in WoW. 20-minutes to run anywhere, minimum. Flightpoints mitigate that, but it's still a hoof that makes the travel "difficulties" in this game seem silly.

So yes, while the 3 minute run to where your friends are seems annoying, it's really nothing. Well, it is a message to show up on time for the run. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, patience is your friend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 02:04 PM
oh come on the barrens is not 20mins... and you get lovely barrens chat aswell...

if were talking about walking... anyone played FFXI without the flee skill? no, what do you mean you all died of eye strain, hunger and lack of sleep?

Andy1423
Mar 21, 2008, 02:45 PM
Still comparing PSO to WOW is not really the same thing. Compair PSO to Diablo 2 and I might understand where your're comming from. But I think WOW is boreing because you have to walk for 20 mins...that's silly. Phantasy Star is a Hack n Slash, not an MMO where people prentend to have weddings and crap.

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 02:46 PM
yeah nor does it have pvp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sekani
Mar 21, 2008, 03:20 PM
On 2008-03-21 11:17, Andy1423 wrote:

((((not the towns the missions)))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-21 11:19 ]</font>

I can't remember the last time I had to walk anywhere in this game. The only way they could possibly make it easier would be if I could just think of a location and my character magically teleported there.