PDA

View Full Version : anyone been thinking about some new weaponS?

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 01:14 PM
i think they should release some new weapon types, its been a while dont you think?

i was thinking like, scythes... S for WT and A for FF and S/A dunno for FiG (theyy need more S ranks tbh) and they could use the old pike animation for the normal attack and have some nice spinny photon arts... so kinda works like sword but does less damage per hit but then hits more times.

and, a "photon-thrower" if you like basically dam spells. that or the assault rifle leo uses on the AoI intro movie.

and as a techer weapon, a spellsword, which is basically saber but weaker and has a spell instead or normal attack, and weaker photon arts, only problem i see with this is that it would has PP Att Tech and Acc stats which wouldnt fit on the display thing...

any ideas or opinions?

Kylie
Mar 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
Scythes could be cool, depending on the photon arts for it. I don't know about anything else. There are so many different types of weapons around the world, and anything new is welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RedMussel
Mar 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
There needs to be some kind of new force weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedMussel on 2008-03-21 11:20 ]</font>

darkante
Mar 21, 2008, 01:21 PM
Well i like the techer weapon idea..as long it doesnīt get a huge chance to land a status effect and make a status effect only land on normal attacks as to not make it broken.
Maybe if itīs fire element..it would make the enemy fly away a bit cause of the explosion effect of that element? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And again..how much is it to demand of ST to make a Rocket Launcher kinda weapon?
Isnīt that one of gunners dream weapon? XD
Well at least itīs mine.
Besides maybe..a Minigun of some sort..=D

Isabella
Mar 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
there should be a psycho helmet for forces, you can do headbutt stuff, but the damage is based off of tp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mysterious-G
Mar 21, 2008, 01:24 PM
Muffin fists. YES, muffin fists. :|

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
I've posted my opinions in other threads but I'll try to remember the stuff I suggested.

2-handed machine gun (Assault Rifle, Gatling Gun, LMG)
Scythes
Club or Mace (blunt....photons? o_O)
Photon-thrower is a cool idea Garjian (for those gunners who don't want to be part techer.)
Rocket Launcher (Rifle+Grenade Launcher XD)

Slightly off topic but maybe prefix/suffix on weapons to make them more unique. (Love Inferno of DOOM!) I'm just wary of how well ST could implement such a thing.

I'll post more if I think of any.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Kerry157
Mar 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
SHURIKENS f-pow f-pow

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
2 HANDED MACE >:) now were getting somewhere <3

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 21, 2008, 01:33 PM
On 2008-03-21 11:30, Kerry157 wrote:
SHURIKENS f-pow f-pow

We have Shurikens....shura-hikens XD

Love,
Fox Makenshyi

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
On 2008-03-21 11:33, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

On 2008-03-21 11:30, Kerry157 wrote:
SHURIKENS f-pow f-pow

We have Shurikens....shura-hikens XD

i was gonna say that but i think he means like a rapid fire pistol type thing... like range-mag but with Att. instead of Tech. and not automatic so slightly more powerful, and at increased level you throw more of them...

Irongrimm
Mar 21, 2008, 01:53 PM
More Eastern Type Weapons, to match Neudaiz. <.<

Kusarigama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama)

Three Section staff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_section_staff)

Meteor Hammer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_hammer)

And, because wielding the Club equivalent of an Axe sounds sweet.

Kanabo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanab%C5%8D)

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
im sure if ST did bring out hammers they would just be axes... like ank bico... therefore they look stupid with jabroga and are still quite boring
theyre just like that with everything tbh...

Kerry157
Mar 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
Honestly what would make the game more fun is evasive maneuvers like dodges and dives that you can combine with your attacks.

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 02:19 PM
that paired with actually having to do so to survive or why even bother?

vfloresjr24
Mar 21, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hey since we got photon whips why not try to get ST to give us some new type of weapons. I think your Idea will catch on to most peoples imagination about what weapon will be cool and th PA that goes with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 02:27 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOL i forgot whip and slicer existed xD but still its been ages... and theyre borin weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GaNksTa
Mar 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
Scythes
Kick Boots
Nunchuks
Hatchet
Twin Hatchets
Rocket Launcher
...Needler (Machine gun type)? LoL
Twin Mechs; burst fire (PSO)

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 21, 2008, 03:20 PM
if we're going with the idea of photons, blunt weapons just don't really work.

Scythes is something most people want.
I think a Kusarigama would be sweet, with photon arts that like, wrap it around the enemy and restrain it for the duration of holding down the button. Larger enemies would have the ability to break free.

Sai was always one of my favorite weapons, but it just doesnt fit with Phantasy Star.

THE JACKEL

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 03:22 PM
how do blunt weapons not work, they work fine with axe photon arts, all you need to do is make more/similar onens and assign them to hammers... simple, effective, boring...

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 21, 2008, 05:22 PM
On 2008-03-21 13:22, garjian wrote:
how do blunt weapons not work, they work fine with axe photon arts, all you need to do is make more/similar onens and assign them to hammers... simple, effective, boring...

axes are not blunt weapons. They're all photon BLADE weapons. A blunt photon weapon just doesn't make sense, considering the property of the photon is that it cuts through things. How can you even make a blunt photon weapon?

THE JACKEL

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 05:56 PM
ank bico

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 21, 2008, 06:02 PM
On 2008-03-21 15:56, garjian wrote:
ank bico

and I've never understood it, plus it's a horrible weapon

THE JACKEL

vashir_talon
Mar 21, 2008, 07:20 PM
B-S Fan type weapons, with their own set of photon arts.
Wartecher weapons maybe?
The photon arts might be better suited for sleep effects, or knock down types. They shouldnt be too strong attack-wise, just more for use of slowing your enemy's advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vashir_talon on 2008-03-21 17:23 ]</font>

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 08:13 PM
On 2008-03-21 16:02, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-03-21 15:56, garjian wrote:
ank bico

and I've never understood it, plus it's a horrible weapon

do you have any imagination at all? look at some monster hunter hammer and stick photons on them, or even take bico, make it black, make one end bigger than the other and stick iggac spikes all over it, adapt jabroga a bit and that is a workable 2 handed mace... are you happy now?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
Leg Braces. Let me kick already, damn it!

Nunchaku too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-21 18:36 ]</font>

Delete
Mar 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
First off, they need some new basic attacks for your weapons. It gets too boring doing the same attack forever. As for the weapons, they should add maybe a Ball N chain for Fortefighter and Protranser. Ill add some more if i think of anything.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 21, 2008, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah, like the last 500 threads about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhoIEgwTmE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-21 18:44 ]</font>

garjian
Mar 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
ooh ball and chian i likes except for 1 thing, wont the phton art basically be tornado break? and then maybe some manipulation on redda? and well that sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 21, 2008, 10:53 PM
My only problem with the Kusarigama PA's you suggested is that they could be done with the Whip as well.

Ball and chain is one of the more unique ideas I've heard, I'd actually like to see that.

I'm undecided about lasers charging because then we'd have a million idiots running around yelling "I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!!!" but it'd be a cool feature. (See Chuck_Norris' video above)

If you bring up Monster Hunter weapons you have to bring up Monster Hunter game mechanics. Gunning and Melee in PSU and Monster Hunter are pretty much the same except for one thing. Dodge rolling. Though in MH the monsters are vicious and dangerous to the point that you NEED the dodge roll to survive. I would say active (as opposed to passive) blocking BUT that's not available on all weapons. The dodge roll is already in the game, though only NPC's have it. JUST GIVE IT TO US ALREADY!

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ChaosAngel92
Mar 22, 2008, 01:28 AM
We have a one handed shotgun, called xbow.
There are two version of pistols, single and twin.
There are one handed mechguns, but where is the 2 handed version?
I truly incist on a Gatling Gun.

Urtri
Mar 22, 2008, 07:51 AM
what i think Sega/Sonic Team should do is make new Weapon SUB TYPES. basically Sub Type weapons fit in the exsisting Catagories but have different Combo moves but share the Same PA's. Heres some Ideas

Fists - Shares the same Category as Knuckles but its normal Combo uses both a characters Legs and Fist to do equal combo damage over a larger number of hits (say 6 instead of 4).
Katana's - Share the Sword Catagory. Quick Forward slashes and Thrusts instead of long sweeping attacks.
Sytches/Halbards - Spear type - Combination of Thrusts and large sweeping Attacks instead of Just Thrusts.
Armour Pericing Rifles - Rifle Type - Slower Firing rate than a Rifle but ignores any and All Def mods an enemy has (i.e. Sheild buff, bullet resistance, etc) and a sligthy better chance of SE affliction
Gatling Guns - Shotgun type (for PA values) - Mechgun fire Rate with Xbow stats and Shotgun PA's hits only 1 target

Just some Ideas that could work or at least give people some varity in what they can use

xDemi
Mar 22, 2008, 07:53 AM
there is like.. one more slot for a weapon on the job type list thingy .-.

Delete
Mar 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
Maybe some kinda flamethrower for cast. It would be easy to lvl, deragan mission, and it could come in all elements. Someone probably already mentioned this, but i think it would be cool.

hewitt
Mar 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
On 2008-03-21 18:34, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Nunchaku too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-21 18:36 ]</font>

I was JUST thinking about that the other day.. Itd be so awesome running of the front of enemies then at the last step kicking off them and pushing them back on the last step XD or a move where u do a rapid spin kick lol OR kicking the enemy on the floor then stomping on them repeatedly like the frustrated lobby motion. So many possibilities >:3

Isabella
Mar 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
On 2008-03-22 09:33, hewitt wrote:

On 2008-03-21 18:34, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Nunchaku too.

I was JUST thinking about that the other day.. Itd be so awesome running of the front of enemies then at the last step kicking off them and pushing them back on the last step XD or a move where u do a rapid spin kick lol OR kicking the enemy on the floor then stomping on them repeatedly like the frustrated lobby motion. So many possibilities >:3

2nd'd and some of the weapons could be like, some funky looking boots, or some house shoes that look like dragon feet/cat feet/dog feet etc. . . .http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

hewitt
Mar 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
XD imagine having pirate peg legs XP

Isabella
Mar 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
Or the S rank version, would be stilts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
On 2008-03-22 06:39, Delete wrote:
Maybe some kinda flamethrower for cast. It would be easy to lvl, deragan mission, and it could come in all elements. Someone probably already mentioned this, but i think it would be cool.

Why for just CASTs huh? XD Yeah we mentioned it already, it could work just like Dam- spells (hold down the button, sweeping motion). Since it would be a gun it would naturally come with all elements.

On 2008-03-22 05:51, Urtri wrote:
Fists - Shares the same Category as Knuckles but its normal Combo uses both a characters Legs and Fist to do equal combo damage over a larger number of hits (say 6 instead of 4).
Sytches/Halbards - Spear type - Combination of Thrusts and large sweeping Attacks instead of Just Thrusts.
Armour Pericing Rifles - Rifle Type - Slower Firing rate than a Rifle but ignores any and All Def mods an enemy has (i.e. Sheild buff, bullet resistance, etc) and a sligthy better chance of SE affliction
Gatling Guns - Shotgun type (for PA values) - Mechgun fire Rate with Xbow stats and Shotgun PA's hits only 1 target.

For all melee weapons-I think we should have PA's that change the ENTIRE combo into different styles. This could work for the fists idea and the katana idea but Scythes are too different from Spears for it to work.

Armor Piercing Rifles could just be another Ult PA.

Gatling Guns could of course be the 2-handed machine gun, no shotgun stats or anything like that.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Urtri
Mar 22, 2008, 03:42 PM
what i mean for my AP Rifle idea is so they HAVE ACCESS TO ELEMENTS not just a specail effect in PLACE OF a element. and the Gatling Gun Idea is that is lives in the Shotgun Catagory because what they genreally do is the same (put out a lot of Bulets in a General Direction). So having em live with shotguns is just to show who can use em and at what rank.

Also as I said they would be SUB- Catagories of exsisting weapon types. Ok a Sycthe may be quite different to a Spear in terms of looks but what i said my idea was based on is the PA's the weapon has access to (Dus Robbado on a Sycthe) would be the Same while the Normal Combo would be Changed to mix things up a Bit and to give a bit of Variance to the Game (also Most Combat Sycthe like weapons ussaly have a Sharp Point called a Billhook on em for Pericing Armour hence the Thrust Aspect)

Phoenix148
Mar 22, 2008, 09:12 PM
maybe create a weapon exclusive only to one class? *coughdoublesaberfighgunnershack*

xJakkalx
Mar 22, 2008, 10:21 PM
Kick Boots/Leg Braces are on my "come on already" list of weapons I'd like. Then I could have three o' them and three sets of knuckles! It'd be great! I'd be, like, a kung-fu master.

Like Chop Chop Master Onion.

He says "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!" but I'm fairly certain it's at least part body.

Cody521
Mar 23, 2008, 08:36 AM
Some of my idea:
2 handed machine guns (Gatling guns) it would be held like a grenade launcher and when it's firing, you can do that slow kind of strafting.

Assault rifle (what leo use in story movie)- could be used like a damu spell. you cant move but you have the ability to aim at different enemies

Numchucks- Could sort-of be like a mix between daggers and whips

chaostroop3
Mar 23, 2008, 10:16 AM
a quad-blade sword..... like lu bu has in dynasty worriers 6 >.>YESSSSSSSSSSSS

fayt6
Mar 23, 2008, 01:45 PM
the gun daggers from dot hack(w/e one that one was) umm gunblades..of course huge ass breaker swords(not like the ones already i mean like...monsterious ones *but ud have to be a bigger charicter to use it
and im gona have to say pets would be cool not like tech or range mags... i mean like wolfs or soemthing cool like that u know that be sweet