PDA

View Full Version : Expansion question

porksmash
Mar 21, 2008, 04:47 PM
I quit PSU about a year ago due to work and school, but now things are free and easy, and I want to start playing again. I see that there is an expansion out. I searched around a little bit, but I can't tell if this expansion is WoW style, where it adds additional content to the original game, or if it is a separate game altogether. Which, I ask you? I know the expansion expands the single player storyline, but how does it work for online play?

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RedMussel
Mar 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
Adds content, check the official site for more details.

Sekani
Mar 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161223&forum=20&5

GreenArcher
Mar 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
PC/PS2 it's a stand-alone game. If you're on 360, you'll have to download it for 20$.

For online play it just adds a whole bunch of missions/items, as well as a few gameplay changes

CAVAOUBIEN
Mar 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
If you play on PS2 or PC, you will need the new PSU:Ambition of the Illuminus DVD to play the expansion. On Xbox360, the expansion is downloadable for 1600 Microsoft points. In both cases you will end up having new missions on-line, with new wepons, new monsters, new episodes to the story mode, and adjustments to the original PSU gameplay.

As was the case with the original version of PSU, the on-line content is unlocked over multiple updates in the year (as opposed to all in one go). Level caps are increased gradually (currently max is lvl 130), and new missions, and / or new ranks to existing missions are made availalbe every other update.

CAVAOUBIEN

Zorafim
Mar 21, 2008, 05:09 PM
It adds content, and allows players to play with owners of the original game. It works almost exactly like the jump from PSO to PSOv2, and not like the jump to PSOGC and PSOBB.
At any rate, just get it. It makes the original version completely obsolete. It even adds elements to the gameplay, making the game much more fun and playable.

porksmash
Mar 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the info