PDA

View Full Version : The most serious problem on PSU

Syaoran2
Mar 22, 2008, 07:32 PM
I believe the most serious problem on PSU is now that the level cap has increased, my friends can no longer heal my character to most of her health, they can only get her about halfway up. they have level 40 giresta... wow, it kinda sucks, I have to use trimates again.

daniel_drago
Mar 22, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry to seem like a bastard or a troll and whatnot, but that simply is the most lousy problem I've heard of for PSU.

Retniwreven
Mar 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
So... heal twice? It could be worse. Play a CAST techer and you get to heal 6-7 times before you're at full.

SmurfALMIGHTY
Mar 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
How about not use giresta?

VetroDrago
Mar 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
You're kidding right? That's a serious problem? This is the funniest thread ever. Go to the billing site issue thread. You'll see people like me listing the serious problems.

Nra
Mar 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
ever heard of stars atomizers ??

ashley50
Mar 22, 2008, 07:57 PM
too lazy to use trimates and stuff?

also...if that bothers, why not making a newman so you don't have to worry about being healed and not filling your whole health. Since tehy don't have much health anyways...

Problem solved?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-22 17:59 ]</font>

Cheeseycake
Mar 22, 2008, 08:03 PM
I just have to say...Wow
Peddie...

RedMussel
Mar 22, 2008, 08:04 PM
If you think this is the major problem, then you gotta problem.

Lighthero
Mar 22, 2008, 08:06 PM
Whoa! Hold it...you say..Giresta? this makes me laugh.
I don't know how your friends play but...I have a newman AT/FT And I heal much more than that on every class. Also, don't forget to level up your dimates, they're good for your health.

BFGfreak
Mar 22, 2008, 09:06 PM
Doesn't Giresta at 30 heal 100 percent of your health?

Feign
Mar 22, 2008, 09:27 PM
PSU's problem is drop rates.

/thread

Eria
Mar 22, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yea, because things actually dropping compared to psu v1 is bad right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

RuPiKa
Mar 22, 2008, 10:01 PM
I think it is a issue, too. Not the highest one but, nerfed resta dosen't sit well with me, either.

Randomness
Mar 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
If they have enough HP that you can't heal them all the way with one resta, whatever you don't heal them won't really matter much. (Except on Falkis)

RadiantLegend
Mar 22, 2008, 10:19 PM
The fact that i cant log on?

Feign
Mar 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
On 2008-03-22 19:54, Eria wrote:
Yea, because things actually dropping compared to psu v1 is bad right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

The fact that people can run a mission 30+ times and never see the item they're after drop.

pikachief
Mar 22, 2008, 10:29 PM
On 2008-03-22 20:27, Feign wrote:

On 2008-03-22 19:54, Eria wrote:

The fact that people can run a mission 30+ times and never see the item they're after drop.

are all u guys new to PSU or something?

I played the original PSU mroe than AotI and i can say this is a normal drop rate for it because its a PSU item http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xefi
Mar 22, 2008, 10:52 PM
the most serious problem is: why is PSU too addictive? That is my issue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The real problem is: disconnecting, bill's problem, errors, delaying updates, lack of communication from ST, updates aren't been specific enough, vague environments (only some), people complaining (which is a good thing, sometime), $10 a month for ST just so that they messed up our services, ST is trying hard but not hard enough to please the customers, and so on......... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

suncrush
Mar 22, 2008, 11:02 PM
I gotta go with drop rates.

It takes FOREVER to find S-rank boards.

Of course, you can just wait two months and buy it when the bottom falls out of the market, but that is less satisfying.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 22, 2008, 11:44 PM
You guys just have bad luck. The drop rates are fine. Ive found pretty much every S-rank out there except a Kazarod, Rikauteri and Amore Tippy.

Retniwreven
Mar 22, 2008, 11:55 PM
The most serious problem with PSU:

Sega. =3

Kylie
Mar 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
I'm not going to fault ST completely for PSU's unpopularity, but I think a lot it is because of their mistakes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif There's also the hacking that went on in December 2007, and all of the server crashes. I think PC / PS2 would be as big as it was at first or as big as the 360 side otherwise. As for the level cap, that's not the biggest problem - although, I think how they do the updates in general is a large concern. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Foxxie
Mar 23, 2008, 12:09 AM
Interested in my Rikauteri Tidus????? lol j/k j/k

Nah, seriously tho, biggest issue (in my view): ITEM SYNTHESIS. Sega basically ripped off Monster Hunters "Crafting System" that was already perfect as it was, and broke it lmao. I mean come on now, when a f*cking Psychowand fails at a 99% success rate, or you get a 10% element Agito Repca, its like seeing hard work go straight down the toilet. . . . .and you're back to farming sh*t all over again.

Feign
Mar 23, 2008, 12:11 AM
On 2008-03-22 21:55, Retniwreven wrote:

Sega. =3

LOL!

Damn...might be right ;_;

Cheeseycake
Mar 23, 2008, 12:24 AM
On 2008-03-22 21:55, Retniwreven wrote:

Sega. =3

Agreed :3

Weeaboolits
Mar 23, 2008, 12:48 AM
It's been that way since PSO, the only differences are synthing and bosses no longer have the best drop rates.

Eyce_Theon
Mar 23, 2008, 01:15 AM
On 2008-03-22 21:02, suncrush wrote:
I gotta go with drop rates.

It takes FOREVER to find S-rank boards.

Of course, you can just wait two months and buy it when the bottom falls out of the market, but that is less satisfying.

I would have said this back on v1, but now everything's been AoIified and set to Unnecissicarily Easy mode.

We were first set to Easy mode, when ST nerfed all monster's speeds and removed about half of the enemies from the Kugu Desert missions.

We then recieved Very Easy mode, in which everybody was awarded a crapload of atp for no reason(or as ST said, to make up for the percent nerf). We also recieved Just Attack/Counter, nullifying the need for a critical hit system.

Soon after Extremely Easy mode showed up, with AoI drops (aka, nothing's hard to get anymore), the disease of Chikki, and missions that are nothing but wave after wave of weak enemies/Chikki fodder.

And as I mentioned, we are now in Unnecissicarily Easy mode, because all PSU drops have been set to AoI rates.

Zorafim
Mar 23, 2008, 01:59 AM
Pre-AoI, I remember draining an entire spear's PP using daggas on one enemy mob, and there were still some left before I was done. The difficulty may have been easy in parties, but soloing and duoing was a huge pain.

Ruru
Mar 23, 2008, 03:34 AM
i have to disagree. hunting psycho wand solo in sleeping warriors S2 was boring but it wasn't hard or anything. just time consuming. even the last block with the svaltus wasn't a pain solo. probably the most exciting part of the whole run in fact. AoI has made things a bit TOO easy. even my newman fT can solo motherbrain in a healthy amount of time which was a huge dissapointment for me...

Tita
Mar 23, 2008, 04:25 AM
cereal problem: marketing. lack there of.

Ithildin
Mar 23, 2008, 05:03 AM
On 2008-03-23 02:25, Tita wrote:
cereal problem: marketing. lack there of.

I agree. Reminds me of the mistake Sega made with the Dreamcast. Bad marketing led to its collapse. That and the fact $ony had better marketing.

Zael
Mar 23, 2008, 06:55 AM
The biggest problem in PSU is that it lets you create little girl characters. This promotes pedophilia etc. etc. etc.

Iduno
Mar 23, 2008, 07:05 AM
How about all the reskins, voice problems, problems logging in and broken updates making sega do rollbacks?

Jife_Jifremok
Mar 23, 2008, 07:06 AM
On 2008-03-23 02:25, Tita wrote:
cereal problem: marshmallows. lack there of.

Fixed.

suncrush
Mar 23, 2008, 08:42 AM
On 2008-03-22 23:15, Eyce_Theon wrote:

I would have said this back on v1, but now everything's been AoIified and set to Unnecissicarily Easy mode....

Soon after Extremely Easy mode showed up, with AoI drops (aka, nothing's hard to get anymore)

I disagree. I have run Caves of Ice 40 times and seen on Shigga Desta board.

My friend went looking for beetles every night for two straight weeks, and never saw one.

If that's not "hard-to-get," I must just not be OCD enough for this game.

MSAksion
Mar 23, 2008, 08:57 AM
On 2008-03-22 19:27, Feign wrote:
PSU's problem is drop rates.

/thread

I am with Feign.

If waking up at 530am to play with a friend each and everyday since the beginning of the school year to do demons above S or S2 depending on time limits - to duo for a halarod or a har quick and find NOTHING then you know something's wrong.

Even now - duo to the higher drop rate of the psycho wand a superior weapon from any sleeping warriors s2 enemy - how come the inferior Kazarod from Omnagoug S2 Demons Above wont drop even now. So from let me see... from september to march - why hasn't it dropped by now?

And then someone gets 3 psycho wands in one day its insanity @_@

Conclusion - biggest problem is spam. Spam the same mission you have *THIS* much of a chance to get something. 50+ Missions? Naw you just stay in that BORING ASS REPETITIVE ANNOYING BARTA FILLED HELL till you give up and pay another $9.99 for a Error code 060 - failed to recognize Sega id - servers under maintenance message.

icewyrm
Mar 23, 2008, 08:59 AM
http://users4.nofeehost.com/icewyrm/images/faggotry.gif

Male beasts in swimsuits are the most serious problem on PSU.

Kylie
Mar 23, 2008, 09:06 AM
On 2008-03-22 23:59, Zorafim wrote:
Pre-AoI, I remember draining an entire spear's PP using daggas on one enemy mob, and there were still some left before I was done. The difficulty may have been easy in parties, but soloing and duoing was a huge pain.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif And I hate that. You know it's too easy and simple when I can solo most missions because I swear I have a very short attention span and would give up on a mission if no one was there to keep me company. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Used to, I wouldn't even duo a mission very often because it was too challenging, but now I find myself telling a friend I'm duoing with to sit down and let me kill them myself. That shouldn't be happening. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

icewyrm
Mar 23, 2008, 09:09 AM
Were you that fortetecher with the protranser support sitting off to the side till block 4? o_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: icewyrm on 2008-03-23 07:10 ]</font>

biggabertha
Mar 23, 2008, 09:43 AM
Everyone's saying the game's all easy and everything, maybe I've been a Protranser for far too long and I'm not killing things as quickly as everyone else unless I'm using a Lance.

As for the biggest problem in PSU? The billing... A close friend has lost her account due to Error 192 and severe problems have resulted in cancellation of her account. Another friend is on his way out from the same error and it's very perplexing... Surely they want our money first, our satisfaction second? How vexing...

xar
Mar 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
wow pathetic

dexter_safe
Mar 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
umm don't they need to fix the lag from using spells like dambarta ramegid and other spells. can lag other ppl like hell

Kylie
Mar 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
On 2008-03-23 07:09, icewyrm wrote:
Were you that fortetecher with the protranser support sitting off to the side till block 4? o_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: icewyrm on 2008-03-23 07:10 ]</font>

Well, I was a FT for a bit to cap it, but I didn't start soloing stuff until recently as a fF (to cap my skills, etc.). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I hit big nubarz now, so sometimes I just like to kill on my own and have the other person sit and talk to me. >_>

vashir_talon
Mar 24, 2008, 03:51 AM
The only problem I see, is the the PSU economy is run by 10 yr olds who price things this way....

To get this I have to push X once... 1000 meseta.
This one I have to push X twice to kill the monster. 50,000.
I have to use my photon art to kill this one. 1 million.
ZOMG I have to Just Attack my whole combo, and photon art to kill this one. 999,999,999 meseta.

This pricing system is flawed.... Real pricing is based on supply&demand. Want a better PSU? You, the player base, have to supply it. Mechanicaly, the game works as is. There are tweaks and various things the staff team does to change the game, but all are done with careful calculations on balance. One item or effect has to balance out with EVERYTHING else in the game. If one thing is too strong, your entire player base will use it, get bored, and leave. If something is too weak, it will never be used, and become an annoyance to your player base.

Sorry for the snap, but I have worked in the staff team on other games. Its not an easy task, and keeping a game community together (much less happy) is more complicated than you might think.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2008, 03:53 AM
The law of supply and demand doesn't work for this MMORPG. Instead of a supply curve, we have a shininess curve.

TecherRamen
Mar 24, 2008, 08:45 AM
What about continuity? Like, in PSO, you started in the forest and went to the caves then mines and finally the ruins. PSU is kind of anticlimactic, you wake up you log on and say "what mission do I want to do today?" and thats it. You never get to the end. It was so fun in pso to go from the forests right on untill dark falz. And even if you didnt find a fancy new weapon atleast you sort of accomplished something by beating the game.

Also there was always a sense of mystery about PSO, and that is completely absent from PSU. That mystery had to do with the continuity of levels then I suppose...=/

Reginaldo
Mar 24, 2008, 03:14 PM
The most serious problem on PSU is the Message BAWWWds.

leblancdiaz
Mar 24, 2008, 10:59 PM
I got a several things I want to list on major problems on Phantasy Star Universe

The lack of interest and the lack of community.

The ranges between levels very low end - high end no mid range.

The economy should be reset.

There should be more game and content updates. We ever going to get master classes or we going to have to wait endlessly amounts of time to find out that we will have to wait even longer.

Everyone wishes for race specials (you think Nanoblast and SUV would be enough)

Most people got turned off at the beginning by how incomplete Phantasy Star Universe was it's only devoted fans who still support.

People can't decide what the game is.

Finally the most major problem on Phantasy Star Universe is World of Warcraft.

darkante
Mar 24, 2008, 11:25 PM
Is bad marketing. People hardly knows it exist.

Bad game support..meaning often a problem arise in this game..ST make themself look like a joke more and more.

The game content updates are too far between each other..most of the time..nothing gets added during maintence.
Should it take so long to get that MaG event? I thought it would come sometimes in the beginning Februari at the most.

ThePendragon
Mar 24, 2008, 11:33 PM
People with too much time on their hands, thats the biggest problem on PSU. The game caters to well to all of you who play 20 hrs a day and terribly to those of us who can't dedicate anywhere near that much time to the game.

darkante
Mar 24, 2008, 11:42 PM
On 2008-03-24 21:33, ThePendragon wrote:
People with too much time on their hands, thats the biggest problem on PSU. The game caters to well to all of you who play 20 hrs a day and terribly to those of us who can't dedicate anywhere near that much time to the game.

True, i donīt get much chances to hunt for that Love Inferno as much as i want too.

I have no fricking why they made it drop rate so stingy.
So what if itīs frequently gotten?
Itīs still only comes 2 weeks a year it seems and i can easiely say..thatīs not alot of time.

cheapgunner
Mar 24, 2008, 11:51 PM
My biggest complaint is the nerf button that ST has been sitting on for the past few months. Instead of creating a harder mode for hardcore gamers to play on, they went and nerfed the game down to pre-school level. Nothing is challenging anymore, and all they do is boost up the advance classes every 2-3 months. By the time we get to summer, everybody will be able to solo 200+ level bosses with thier eyes closed. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cheapgunner on 2008-03-24 21:52 ]</font>

Proto07
Mar 25, 2008, 12:01 AM
On the 360 side its the sloooooooooooowdown.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proto07 on 2008-03-24 22:09 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2008, 06:37 AM
On 2008-03-22 21:44, -Tidus_415- wrote:
You guys just have bad luck. The drop rates are fine. Ive found pretty much every S-rank out there except a Kazarod, Rikauteri and Amore Tippy.

That's because you can solo a mission 1235679 times a day because you're at the lv cap. Do you REALLY think anyone under lv 95 can do that? No.

TecherRamen
Mar 25, 2008, 07:02 AM
On 2008-03-24 21:33, ThePendragon wrote:

There is going to be a PA rebalance soon which is going to make things a whole lot easier for anyone knew to get started. As is its not that hard to make a hunter without playing 20 hours a day. Gunners and Techers though do take a while.

TecherRamen
Mar 25, 2008, 07:04 AM
On 2008-03-24 21:51, cheapgunner wrote:
My biggest complaint is the nerf button that ST has been sitting on for the past few months. Instead of creating a harder mode for hardcore gamers to play on, they went and nerfed the game down to pre-school level. Nothing is challenging anymore, and all they do is boost up the advance classes every 2-3 months. By the time we get to summer, everybody will be able to solo 200+ level bosses with thier eyes closed. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cheapgunner on 2008-03-24 21:52 ]</font>

Do you play Bruce S? You have to not suck and have a mild level of inteligence to do it regardless of your level.

We need more stuff like Bruce..

We need....

CHALLENGE MODE

Mysterious-G
Mar 25, 2008, 07:10 AM
I guess SOA simply does not care about marketing for this game. PS is pretty well knowsn in jp, but outside of jp? Not really. I saw an advertise for SEGA Superstars Tennis... Well, why for this game? Sonic is just way popularer I guess.
Honestly, I don`t think many people would buy PSU if there were advertises. It`s simply not popular enough. This game is also rated lausy on every popular gaming site... (Also, I think IGN really dislikes SEGA.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

I really think it`s a content problem. Meh, we always are waiting for an update like hell, just to come to the thought "This was it?" the same day the update was released. People starting this game in a few months, when most of the content should be released, will prbably have way more fun with PSU for a longer time.