PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Is it just me or does everyone almost always s

Infiniteque
Mar 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
Aside from the random groups over on Neudaiz for Alterazgog runs.. I just always seem to be like a drifter on this game.

I do sometimes see groups of people sitting around just talking in their parties, and I'll admit I sometimes feel a little envious. On PSO I remember people being really open and friendly and being a part of a group wasn't hard to accomplish at all. On PSU I feel almost as if I'm playing solo with interactions with other players from time to time.

What's worse is I don't even know if I've seen anyone from PSOW on PSU either! My name is Sinow Titan.. anyone seen me around?

Telina
Mar 23, 2008, 09:42 PM
yea, it happens, everyone wants the rares, and they can solo all missions really easily. So why not solo and max your chance of getting the rares? Its not like more people increase anything in the mission, they just decrease the likely hood of actually getting the rare if it drops...

Nuclearranger
Mar 23, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well this site I beleve has alot more PC/PS2 people than 360s since well... PC can sit on forums and play lol

But somtimes it feels like this but play with people you can and get there cards make friends etc n.n

DEM_CIG
Mar 23, 2008, 10:00 PM
I hardly ever solo i just run with the same ppl usaually... when there on or i just join random parties.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 23, 2008, 10:16 PM
I do a fair mix of both, i'll solo some missions while i wait for more people to get on or when i'm hunting a specific item and they're elsewhere

KEmperain
Mar 24, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hah, I knew I wasn't alone on this matter. I feel the same way. My fondest memories are back when everyone was doing Crimson Beast runs. Sure there were only so many rare items and weapons back then, but everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE was doing those De Ragan runs. It was easy to find a party of any rank, and everyone seemed sociable. Nowadays, everyone's hunting on their own, or with friends. It makes it hard for people without contacts because its so hard to find someone around your level (allowing you to level with them and whatnot) that isn't an alt.

dc534
Mar 24, 2008, 01:24 AM
Reasons for why nobody plays together anymore:

1. Classes have become brokenly over powered, when I was a techer back almost a year ago now it was impossible to solo. I dont mean near impossible I mean impossible. Now missions are so easy, except for hive 3, seed awakened s2, if not using a slicer at least. I mean this game is easy, back before the expansion jarba's were just ridiculous fighting like 4-5 jarbas at once was fun if not irratating now the only reason I die is from megid, and if I commit suicide with boma durenga, I fear no enemy.

2. Sega increased drop rates to the point where people are not willing to share. Back before the expansion drops were super rare even with three star luck, so nobody really cared because it was more about lvling and getting pa frags to get some awesome moves.

3. Not real big but you can buy luck now, before you had to rely on others if you wanted a boost.

Overall I fear the game has just becfome uber easy, and we are all just too overpowered, I mean I like the drop increases and what not but there is no mission I cannot do without any problems. The only restrictions are when they force us to team up such as bruce runs and/or her secret mission runs. It is not just one class that is overpowered it is every class.

Xefi
Mar 24, 2008, 02:05 AM
people have their wants and not everyone actually have close friends online to play with. You have a better chance of getting what you wanted to get by soloing vs. playing with 5 other strangers.

Once my little brother and sister are back online, we will probably play together and none other for awhile.

And also, i dont have online friends, so i preferred to solo sometime just to relax and chill by myself, i guess.

Retniwreven
Mar 24, 2008, 02:08 AM
I play with friends when we have a common goal, want to hang out, or there's something amusing to do / hunt for.
I usually skip pickup groups due to the occasional stupid and the fact that yes, rares are so much easier to get solo.
That and I don't want to run White Beast / Awakened Serpent and almost nothing else. =X

Battlestar
Mar 24, 2008, 02:35 AM
On 2008-03-23 22:01, KEmperain wrote:
Hah, I knew I wasn't alone on this matter. I feel the same way. My fondest memories are back when everyone was doing Crimson Beast runs. Sure there were only so many rare items and weapons back then, but everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE was doing those De Ragan runs. It was easy to find a party of any rank, and everyone seemed sociable. Nowadays, everyone's hunting on their own, or with friends. It makes it hard for people without contacts because its so hard to find someone around your level (allowing you to level with them and whatnot) that isn't an alt.

Get on the IRC channel! That's what it's for!

thebummers
Mar 24, 2008, 08:40 AM
Just run White Beast S with a full group if you aren't sure if the game is too easy. It's like a searing hot knife through I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. My PT can solo everything easily except the OG Dulk run and anything with too many robots. Even then, one other bud with techs solves that. Wouldn't need 5 other people.

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 08:43 AM
This forum is a good place to find people to run with. Outside of that, you have to deal with the riff raff in random parties. No thanks.

Ryno
Mar 24, 2008, 08:43 AM
On 2008-03-23 19:35, Majiteque wrote:
interactions with other players from time to time.

What's worse is I don't even know if I've seen anyone from PSOW on PSU either! My name is Sinow Titan.. anyone seen me around?

uh... no.. lol

I've never seen you before

Darius_Drake
Mar 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
I solo now when I am looking for rares. I didn't do this initially, but after running into a few people I search for rares by myself. In one instance I did some high level runs in a group and when a few rare dropped at the boss boxes the group leader booted 3 of us out of the party. In another instance I ran with some people who wanted to split the money on what we found in the mission, after the most expensive item went to them they changed their minds. I said forget it, but the other party member was hot because he felt that since he was willing to split it evenly if he got it then the other person should split it evenly since he got it. I knew the guy wasn't going to change his mind so I let him keep it. Now if I am looking for a particular rare I do it solo. If I am not looking for a rare I will be in a party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darius_Drake on 2008-03-24 09:23 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 11:22 AM
I normally don't random, but I've grouped a lot. There are only certain times I solo, and that's if Im doing the boring thing and levelling stuff where I kind of need to constantly put things to use with enemies around, to help level them faster. That is, more of the time landing hits, less of the time running around for an encounter. The groups definitely help me level faster, at the cost of PA level speed.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
Unless one or more of the 3 people I group with normally are online, I solo. There are a couple of people who will invite me or whom I will invite if they don't seem to have a party going, but other than that, solo.

The reason I solo is not to get all of the rare items, rather the annoying babble/crappy gameplay (i.e. spreading enemies all over the damn place!)/immature actions of PuGs. I can't stand when I HAVE to run PuGs and they're full of people who won't shut up, who talk about asinine subjects, use non-group friendly PA's, don't contribute anything to the group (i.e. "I'm leveling my ice rifle on Caves of Ice!"), et cetera, et cetera, et CETera....

sKOsiris
Mar 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
On 2008-03-23 19:42, Telina wrote:
yea, it happens, everyone wants the rares, and they can solo all missions really easily. So why not solo and max your chance of getting the rares? Its not like more people increase anything in the mission, they just decrease the likely hood of actually getting the rare if it drops...

This has been oposite for me, or its either bad luck that i have in this game. but anyway i solo missions for 11* b4 my friends get online. and i swear everytime i do these runs about 5-10 times by my self and i really dont find anything. and once my friends get on and we all play as a group every first run a 11* weapon[B] drops and i never get crap.
one time i was hunting for the hoshi-kikami for me to use, i had done about 8 moonlight beast runs and all i found was one 11* single claw, then my best friend gets on 2 runs after the Hoshi drops and he gets it. i was like wtffff...... he made it and wanted like 20mill for it. when it comes to soloing for some reason it dosent increase my chance on finding stuff. and when i play with groups. almost every other run theirs a 11*[b]

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-03-24 09:44, sKOsiris wrote:
one time i was hunting for the hoshi-kikami for me to use, i had done about 8 moonlight beast runs and all i found was one 11* single claw, then my best friend gets on 2 runs after the Hoshi drops and he gets it. i was like wtffff...... he made it and wanted like 20mill for it.

Protip: This person is not your friend.

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
I solo mainly because my gaming philosophy is different from the guys I run with. Normally if I'm hunting something, that's my only goal to the mission. I don't care about other rares, what's in the boss boxes, how much exp or money I could get. My only goal is that rare.

For the friends I run with it's different. They don't really focus in on one particular item and go just for that. They want to look for everything at once. I don't like cramping their style, so on days when I'm really serious about hunting something I'm going to solo.

It's not even about not sharing the rare as sometimes I'm hunting a rare that they want, but they aren't dedicated enough to hunt for seriously.

For example I was running Grove of Fanatics for Rikauteri for a friend who wanted one (I already had one). When he was in the party, the run would take about 30 minutes because he insisted on killing everything "just in case a Hirokteri drops" where as I would skip every useless spawn and finish the run in about 15 minutes solo.

Another more recent example is with jaggo hunting for Love Inferno. Three of my friends want it so we do Awoken Serpent S2. When I'm grouped up with them we do the entire run including boss fight which may take up to 30 minutes. Meanwhile when I solo I abandon after I find there are no jaggo (second spawn third block). Even if I do find jaggo as soon as the sixth one is dead, I'll abandon mission. I don't fight the boss. Don't care about the exp, don't care about the boss boxes (which will be around after the jaggo are gone). Don't care about the money either. I'm looking for a specific item for three different people The entire run including killing the jaggo takes me about 20 minutes without jaggo it's about 15 minutes.

From 30 minutes a run to an average of 18 minutes a run means I get more chances at jaggo. I can run all day (and have) with them and find no jaggo or I can run for about 4 hours solo and average three spawns (18 jaggo) during that period. Sure they are making more money and getting more exp, but I control all of the WD Lovers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't stop people from joining me in my runs so it's not a nonstop solo fest. Just that my run strategy changes depending on who's in the group with me.

GreenArcher
Mar 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
On 2008-03-24 09:44, sKOsiris wrote:

On 2008-03-23 19:42, Telina wrote:

This has been oposite for me, or its either bad luck that i have in this game. but anyway i solo missions for 11* b4 my friends get online. and i swear everytime i do these runs about 5-10 times by my self and i really dont find anything. and once my friends get on and we all play as a group every first run a 11* weapon[B] drops and i never get crap.
one time i was hunting for the hoshi-kikami for me to use, i had done about 8 moonlight beast runs and all i found was one 11* single claw, then my best friend gets on 2 runs after the Hoshi drops and he gets it. i was like wtffff...... he made it and wanted like 20mill for it. when it comes to soloing for some reason it dosent increase my chance on finding stuff. and when i play with groups. almost every other run theirs a 11*[b]

You shouldn't be whining about not having anything after only 8 runs lol.. Even more so if you found a 11* within 8 runs..

And yes, soloing does give you rares faster, as long as you can solo the mission within 6 times the time you clear it in a full group.

AlphaMinotaux
Mar 24, 2008, 04:00 PM
90% of my games are random parties.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:00, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

My condolences...

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2008, 05:27 PM
We aren't all overpowed. before I quit (until MAG) I was only lv 80 or so, and I barely had rares, and most/all sucked, so I can't solo, which is why solo players make me mad, because while they get better AND get rares, I leveled incredibly slowly and almost never found anything good. So for the players over 100, this game is probably loleasymode, but for me...yea it's not REALLY hard, but it's becoming harder for me because it's becoming easier for others. blessing and a curse methinks.

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2008, 05:28 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:00, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

99.9% of my games were random and I hated every minute of it.

cheapgunner
Mar 24, 2008, 05:28 PM
All my friends that I have been running w/ have stopped playing psu b/c our main techer got banned.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Now I just run random parties and solo every day for about a month and a half since. The feeling of loneliness is a horrible one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ashley50
Mar 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
they're too "leet" to join random Noob parties...that's why.

Dragwind
Mar 24, 2008, 05:38 PM
People are simply lvling up PA's, or solo hunting most likely.

KiteWolfwood
Mar 24, 2008, 07:59 PM
I usually just spam everyone on my friendlist asking if they wanna do something or someone else usually beats me to it and asks me first.

Detonator
Mar 24, 2008, 08:14 PM
There are few ppl who I usually party with. Of course I join randoms sometimes, never know when I get another name to my list from one of those.

DEM_CIG
Mar 24, 2008, 08:23 PM
I have like 10-15 different people that i normally party with.

GosamerWings
Mar 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
99% here as well, I loved the old pso days where you never knew who you would meet in a random party, I like to stay with it that way. Sure I meet a lot of doucebags but I meet some cool people as well.

_K1_
Mar 24, 2008, 08:57 PM
I play PuGs when I'm not looking for something in particular.

I have to say, that unlike most people here, most of my random parties have been perfectly fine. Acrotechers who heal and support, meleers who don't send every mob flying, Acrofighters who don't just spam Chikki, fortetechers with high-level attack techs who also cast reverser when needed.

Maybe it's bad luck? I've been in some bad parties, but there's no need to stay in them if you're not happy.

landman
Mar 25, 2008, 03:42 AM
I only solo if I have a solid objective in mind (kill jaggos! lvl Photon Arts, etc) and my friends are offline, I hardly join a party with strange people and since my English is not very fluent I rarely say anything when I do it xd

icewyrm
Mar 25, 2008, 06:21 AM
Same on PS2/PC :/ Sure is depressing when even white beast is full of locked parties, though at least some of them were locked friend groups, which is cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

XDeathX
Mar 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
People who only solo get bored of this game faster than anyone else. They get bored really fast.

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2008, 06:38 PM
I never join random parties anymore, and I wish I stoped sooner. What you need to do is find a group of friends that play the game as religeously as you do, and stick with them. When you play with random people, chances are you get stuck in conversations you don't like, or you party with people you just can't stand. If you get into a group you like, you won't have to worry about that, and just relax as you play.

Plus, soloing is just plain fun.

Noblewine
Mar 25, 2008, 08:34 PM
I lock my runs sometimes when I don't feel like dealing with elites or people that will nitpick about my equipment and ask how long I've been playing. <.<

Syanaide
Mar 25, 2008, 11:06 PM
I play with my best friend and the rest of the party is random. We make our own room, and that way we get the benefit of meeting cool random people, and throwing out the not so great randoms. All while making good exp with a good party and having fun.

Blueblur
Mar 25, 2008, 11:11 PM
Its disheartening to read some of these stories. But that's exactly why I run solo. I've had a lot bad experiences in PSO and I keep hearing/reading these PSU horror stories.

Mystil
Mar 26, 2008, 10:36 AM
Everyone on the PC/PS2 only AFK PA lvls. :/... I went back to FFXI.

xEndrance
Mar 26, 2008, 11:13 AM
It all just depends on what you do, As people stated about the rares. Missions are easy to slow once a high enough level. So why spend time with a party and a monster drops a [B] Psycho-wand and the odd of you getting it are 1/6... When you can just solo the mission and have a 6/6 chance of getting it...

But then there are the people who like to talk to others as a social community, And the rares to them are nothing, They are just in it for the Xp and the ability to talk to others. And if they happen to get a good rare then that's just a plus...

Basically people need to be more opem
<3

lokey013
Mar 26, 2008, 03:45 PM
At the moment I've been tryin to get a Gaozoran piece and the Psycho Wand [B]...once that happens I think I'm more than like gonna party with the rest of PSU...=P

Follisimo
Mar 26, 2008, 03:57 PM
I party with my real life fiance and 2 of my friends that I dragged onto PSU with me. I rather keep my parties with close friends than to try and party with strangers who get themselves off by saying how fast they can complete a mission and how big their long sword is.

trucido
Mar 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
I play solo when farming for a [B] agito repca, but no luck so far so i ended up buying one for 50 mil and now i play with one of my buddies and a few other friends to lv up.

But i would have to say that parties of 6 are a little overkill, 2-4 is ideal for me

dc534
Mar 28, 2008, 03:36 AM
I tell my friends I wont run TD or any hive related mission with them because I have hunted that agito, well hunted for a second on for almost 200 hours now, so I tell them that I wont run it with them becaus I know as soon as I do it is going to drop and one of them will get it. I usually dont care if people join my parties but I lock the mission on the last block of missions. Random parties can be fun but I prefer to solo, not so much for rares but people dont let me lvl up any skills or bullets stuff just dies to quick, especially when you get people using slicers. I hate running with groups that only use their lvled up atacks and nothing else. I usually put one or two of my weapons with lvld up attacks and the rest with attacks I am trying to lvl. Sure the run takes longer but I feel as though I am accomplishing something.

dc534
Mar 28, 2008, 03:38 AM
Oh I also agree with 6 people is too many with how powerful we have all become. THis is why I bring two npc's with me. People keep asking why dont you boot your bot so we can get more people, I am like lets see we just finished that block in 2 min how much quicker do you want things to go, do you want to lvl up your skills or character.

icewyrm
Mar 28, 2008, 04:02 AM
Yeah, more missions that split the team into groups of 2 or 3 from start to finish would be really cool.