PDA

View Full Version : LeaderBoard for race competitions?

KaiNova7
Mar 23, 2008, 10:35 PM
Or scoreboard whichever name you prefer.

The idea would be to have an official thread that showcase the rank of teams/clans/guilds.

Rank of your team would be based on a point based system.
Maybe one "official race"a month.

Obviously, this will take organization and help from the community.
Maybe guild leaders or site admins can get together and pull this off.
Our clan has been talking about this for awhile, and floated the idea around to others.

So i'd like to hear feedback from the majority of the community.
Ideas,suggestions,thoughts,questions:
[i]

pikachief
Mar 23, 2008, 10:44 PM
i would SO USE THIS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

GreenArcher
Mar 23, 2008, 10:51 PM
Should make it every week, damn we definitely need this.

KaiNova7
Mar 23, 2008, 11:01 PM
forgot to add this is Ps2/PC server.

pikachief
Mar 23, 2008, 11:22 PM
y cant it be 360 also? D:

KaiNova7
Mar 24, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well if you guys want to do one for 360 be my guess.

MSAksion
Mar 24, 2008, 03:14 AM
I disapprove. I'm not so insecure with my love of PSU to have to shove it down others throats saying "look at me i'm so awesome i'm number one." My friends already know i'm number one in their book and i'd drop quit PSU in a heartbeat if i lost one of them due to selfishness.

This is a Guardians game we all work together to help save gurhal from SEED. We do not flaunt our awesomenes by proving we can do a mission without dying not even once and without items. Sure its fun and all but ranking guardians based on what?

Strength? Unlike other RPGs a lvl 120 job 15 has the exact same stats as another lvl 120 job 15. Put them against head to head and both would probably come out exactly the same thats not anything special. Only difference is one has a psycho wand the other has a Halarod. Psycho he had $ and the other does not.

Other RPG you put points into HP, ATP, ATA, DEF that each character is unique tailor. This PSU is all the same
stats. Only difference then is weapon choices and you need $$$$ to even get the mats for one only to come out an okiku doll or 10%.

Time? Get 4 FF to spam big heavy attacks and they will win since they can plow through monsters while forces and rangers are stuck getting rammed, knocked over and killed while only slightly damaging monsters over time its not fair. Speed is given up for range and versitility.

Endurance? WIthout healing items you better bring a Slave. Oh i mean a Force. And when in the last mission the team FF ran out of Trimates and hes going to be stomped to death you know that you better rush in and save him. You die but he continues on since de ragnus kills force and ranger in one stomp.

Skill? There is no skill when the only reason you die is getting hit with 5 Zonde laser cannons in a hallway. Or Cast riflemen spamming Killer shot. Or a Carriguine showed up.

Luck? Theres no such thing. ONe team gets the easy map the other gets the Gaozoran filled one.

A leaderboard only tries to show off someones E-Peen and in PSU its hard to do so since everyone is exactly the same as another without any real variation to leveling up. Sorry sir but i cannot support Guardians challenging Guardians to bet their name and reputation against others.

You all can count me out. And so will all of my friends on this side of the fence. Sorry to be mean =/ But i will not have my name at the bottom of some list for all to laugh at when all i want to do is have fun with my friends who i barely see anymore.

Mysterious-G
Mar 24, 2008, 03:32 AM
Ew, wouldn`t this just improve the hot spot problem?
Anyway, I am a show off, so why not. ;o

KaiNova7
Mar 24, 2008, 04:48 AM
Wow, you put it all on the table mahou.
I agree/disagree with some of the things you said.
First of all,the type of race events we created are tailored to TEAM diversity.
So there will be no 4 FF spamage winning any of these races.

Also,ofcourse this idea will attract "show offs" or w/e you want to call it.
But there are also competitors (such as myself) that just like to compete against skilled players.You can strive to be great w/o being an "elitist:.

I just think this could be more replay value for psu.Something else to do,shake up the normal routine of things.Give more meaning to upgrading your team gear.
Also,this is OPTIONAL for players whose up for the challenge.But as always mahou,I appreciate your input.Just wanted to respond with my 2cents.

KaiNova7
Mar 24, 2008, 04:49 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaiNova7 on 2008-03-24 02:50 ]</font>

KaiNova7
Mar 24, 2008, 04:49 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaiNova7 on 2008-03-24 02:51 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Mar 24, 2008, 08:04 AM
It does not matter, I would be alright but u would have to keep track of the people in the teams/clans.

Aries2384
Mar 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
I say boo on leader boards. Another thing to get mixed up? Please, I'm against the leader boards in MAG event. And you say it is Team diversified? So whats to stop elitist teams like ZT from bringing in their all 50%, 10/10 weapons and wiping the floor with the people who DON'T BUY MESETA off of ebay or any other sites. No thanks. Leaderboards take some kind of balance or thought process. In the pvp area, SEGA has never been intelligent. Leave the PVP to Blizzard. At least in their games, the classes are alittle more balanced.

GreenArcher
Mar 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
Man you guys need to loosen up a little. These race events are always a blast, and my team never comes in first.

Danny_Dark
Mar 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
Eh does'nt matter to me.

JC10001
Mar 24, 2008, 04:20 PM
bzzt, wrong topic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2008-03-24 14:21 ]</font>

MrNomad
Mar 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
I think this could work, besides like someone said it could help with the hot spot deal we have now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif