PDA

View Full Version : if humans or newmans had a special abilty

fayt6
Mar 24, 2008, 05:02 AM
if humans or newmans had a special ability what would it be?
i think newmans should like use photon energy to wipe out everything n the room
an humans should like berserk an go super sayian(srry if spelled wrong dbz fans lol)

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2008, 05:55 AM
Tanks and summons

chaoskila
Mar 24, 2008, 06:05 AM
i want newmans to have the ability...
u know the thing with the mags u know i forgot what its called
theres a dragon, deer, dolphin, angel and stuff memer?
-.-' forgot...

Syl
Mar 24, 2008, 06:10 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:05, chaoskila wrote:
i want newmans to have the ability...
u know the thing with the mags u know i forgot what its called
theres a dragon, deer, dolphin, angel and stuff memer?
-.-' forgot...

Photon blasts...? ;o

CAVAOUBIEN
Mar 24, 2008, 06:12 AM
I think Humans and Newmans should have the equivalent of PSO MAGs which charge up when they get hit and then allows them to launch a super attack. As in PSO, MAGs should contribute to the stats in areas depending the characteristics of the MAG.

Since humans can do pretty much any job decently, a human techer could get a TP/MST boost from a certain type of MAG cell (which would still behave as a Madoog for normal techniques), while a human fortefighter would choose an ATA/att MAG cell, each providing a different style of super attack/ stat boost.

Humans and Newmans would not have access to the same types of MAGs (they would each have their exclusive models).

I don't like the idea of tanks (??) or humans going bezerk... that's for beasts.

CAVAOUBIEN

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CAVAOUBIEN on 2008-03-24 04:14 ]</font>

fayt6
Mar 24, 2008, 06:14 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:12, CAVAOUBIEN wrote:
I think Humans and Newmans should have the equivalent of PSO MAGs which charge up when they get hit and then allows them to launch a super attack. As in PSO, MAGs should contribute to the stats in areas depending the characteristics of the MAG.

Since humans can do pretty much any job decently, a human techer could get a TP/MST boost from a certain type MAG cells (which would still behave as Madoogs for normal techniques), while a human fortefighter would choose an ATA/att MAG cell, each providing a different style of super attack.

Humans and Newmans would not have access to the same types of MAGs (they would each have their exclusive models).

I don't like the idea of tanks (??) or humans going bezerk... that's for beasts.

agreed berzerk is for beasts...but super sayin is a good idea lol =P

Chibi_psu
Mar 24, 2008, 07:18 AM
Newmans should have some ability... dunno what but something would be cool(photon blast, summons or whatever)

Iduno
Mar 24, 2008, 07:19 AM

Since humans can do pretty much any job decently, a human techer could get a TP/MST boost from a certain type of MAG cell (which would still behave as a Madoog for normal techniques), while a human fortefighter would choose an ATA/att MAG cell, each providing a different style of super attack/ stat boost.

CAVAOUBIEN

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CAVAOUBIEN on 2008-03-24 04:14 ]</font>

Yeah bringing back proper mags with photon blasts for humans and newmans would rule (especialy if you could feed and evolve them like PSO )

Also why not let humans summon Chuck Norris http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

goaferboy
Mar 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/goaferboy/1778copy.jpg

Nuff said.

Libram
Mar 24, 2008, 08:19 AM
I say give them true Ultimate Photon Arts. Unlike SUVs and Nanoblasting the Ult PA can be used whenever a full section of the Blast Meter is filled. When used, the Ult PA changes whatever PA you're using into something more powerful. Possible changes include greater area of effect, more power, more shots, and higher elemental percentage. This ability can be used by any Type and with any weapon save the R-Mags.

magenta
Mar 24, 2008, 08:45 AM
for humans still think a berserker type special that depends on which class they choose, like human fortefighters get increased atp and def, techers get increased mind and def etc.. for a few seconds.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 24, 2008, 08:49 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:45, magenta wrote:
for humans still think a berserker type special that depends on which class they choose, like human fortefighters get increased atp and def, techers get increased mind and def etc.. for a few seconds.

So basically we should get some kind of class-based super buffs?

BFGfreak
Mar 24, 2008, 08:57 AM
Last stand, Better Crea weapons, and the ability to summon AC-130 gunship (more powerful than an SUV, Longer lasting than a nanoblast, and it will autotarget)

(I personally like Last Stand, that way, when you die, you pull out your pistol which all of the sudden has a major ATP and ATA boast with killer hit lv 40, and just start owning, and then they are given the option of using a scape doll, or wait for a teamate)

Or there's another of my favorites, custom classes, where you are given a set amount of points to alocate to whatever weapons you want ( C weaopns would be 1 point, B 2 points, A is 3 ect) and another screen where you then set the stats for your new custom class, and it would work on a slider system, which will work by simply drawing power from the other stats when you raise one particular stat (or theres always more point systems, 0=weak in this stat, 1=average, 2=above average, and 3=way above average) Again, this will only be avalible to humans and newmans

But I do think the thing we could all agree on is that Crea weapons should NOT SUCK! They are only availible to the ATP gimpt classes, so why is their ATP the worst of the 7 stars? If anything, I would make them 9 star, and give them 10 star stats (or they could always keep them 7 star, but I still like the 9 or 10 star stat idea, in addition to the ability to hit more targets than the standerd weapons) Remeber this will only be availible to Humans and Newmans.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:20 AM
humans should get to hve a speshul ability to ROCK OUT. like, your rock out bar goes all the way and you hit X-Y and you just start going all nuts with style for a bit. so it looks all flashy like and colorful but you don't rally do more damage so i don't know.

newmans should have a specul where they have their ears get bigger znd they can fly and attack from above for a minute, this would be AWESOME with techs, can you imagen flying over a spawn of monsors and casting ra tecs? I CAN! AWESOME!

or doing magarra from SPACE! like if you are a newman fighter i mean?

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
Even though there's so much stuff about Chuck Norris, on the internet; I have to admit, that PSU/Chuck picture edit made me smile. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

However, on the Crea Weapons thing, perhaps we can hope that SEGA slips up and that with that slight Sword update, that it would power up Crea Swords beyond what ST could anticipate. Either way, it still wont be enough to make them broken; but it certainly may be enough that people would really want to use them in comparison to the Same-level (Non-Crea) version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 07:25 ]</font>

Sir
Mar 24, 2008, 09:28 AM
Newmans stab with their pointy ears.......what?
I just woke up give me a break XP

biggabertha
Mar 24, 2008, 09:40 AM
I don't think humans should be given an ability at all but Newmans should have some sort of ATA/TAP/MST/EVP boost just to stay consistent with Beasts' and Casts' special abilities. However, it's something that's not likely in the game already so implementing something like this or giving it a special effect would most likely be happening in the next expansion or they may be able to "cheat" like they did with Just Attacks/Counters.

Boosting Crea Weapons would be the easiest option though. I wonder if we'll be seeing any stronger versions...

Now if only Crea Weapons hit an extra target in their PAs.... That'd make them both awesome for PA leveling and possibly break the game for humans and newmans. Gravity Break/Assault Crush/Spinning Strike anyone? The others already hit loads of targets anyway but I wouldn't mind seeing Tornado Break hitting five targets in all of its combo so it'd stomp all over Dus Robado except for looks.

lostinseganet
Mar 24, 2008, 10:16 AM
I think it would be sweet for newmans to thave the ability to summon like in pso AND the ability to Henshin into a pure of elemental attack. They can lok like the pm's. Sega could say that was what the pm's were based off of. Saliormotoob! >_< tee hee heee sweet!!!

CAVAOUBIEN
Mar 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
In PSO MAGs provided super attacks to all races and classes and it was completly fair, and worked great as a means to balance certain stats "à la carte". THAT was consistent, not depriving only one race (Humans) of a special attack.

This is really missing in PSU, and there is no reason why Humans should be left out, nor Newmans for that matter (altough this is all wishful thinking at this point).

and... yes I know that PSU is not PSO, but since this is something which worked really well in PSO, it could also work in PSU. If anything, it would contribute to rebalance Humans against other races.

CAVAOUBIEN

JuliaJunku
Mar 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
Newmans should have elemental based summons. Similar to beasts, you should be able to go to Lumilass and select from a list which element you want your summon/familiar to be. Maybe even have 2 types for each element: One would be a summon, where a giant monster appears and does large damage instantly... the other would be a familiar/pet that would assist you for maybe a minute or two.

Humans... I don't know... How about a temporary buff that ups all PAs to level 50 for a short time, or maybe removes the PP cost from PAs for a short time.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 24, 2008, 10:38 AM
Boosting Crea weps would be great. It won't matter though. I still use my 36% 8/9 Soda Crea anyways purely for looks.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hard to say, a lot of RPGs have had some real issues with this. A lot of them tried the straight attempt to balance humans as a master of none with no special abilities, but give special abilities to the rest of the races. Normally, the case in a high degree of areas is that people simply didn't choose to play human. Or that the only reason they saw to play human was because they wanted their character to be human, but saw no (in game) reason to be one.

It's a tricky divide to play because a lot of games were human scarce that way. I originally picked a human mostly because my character idea happened to be human, a far secondary was the idea of exoticness that you didn't have any major deficienciess between tech and/or attack, thus your offensive strategies could be either and be just as good.

Of course, with no real certain major *neat* thing to your gameplay, it also makes it unattractive to quite a few folk, and the repeat of the *human issue* in RPGs arrives again. What to do, what to do. It's probably too much to do the pen-and-paper thing and spice humans up with an increase to skill levelling speed. That's probably too high an adjustment.

Newmans have the elf curse. People generally want to pick them to do techs. Yes, it's exotic and exciting being able to do so well in that realm, but then again, people are less likely to want to play different races if they want to excell in different areas, but want to do just as well in every class (even if they aren't human). Guess that's what comes with the mentality that's been built with this game.

I guess, in a certain way, perhaps that's the human's strongest asset right now, that you can take the same character somewhere and not feel out of your element. I guess if every race could choose every class and immediately do at least as well, then what are humans for again? Oh yeah, story reasons, I guess.

JuliaJunku
Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
On 2008-03-24 08:42, Akaimizu wrote: Normally, the case in a high degree of areas is that people simply didn't choose to play human.

Absolutely right. I remember in Everquest years ago, they had the same problems. Humans were so balanced in stats that they never excelled at their class. For example: When picking shadowknight, you had 6 Options... Human, Erudite, Dark Elf, Troll, Ogre, or Iksar. Human was the most "normal" looking out of all of those, so I chose it, not knowing that at level 60 I would end up about 2k HP short of all the other SKs who picked Troll or Ogre.

fayt6
Mar 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
On 2008-03-24 07:40, biggabertha wrote:
I don't think humans should be given an ability at all but Newmans should have some sort of ATA/TAP/MST/EVP boost just to stay consistent with Beasts' and Casts' special abilities. However, it's something that's not likely in the game already so implementing something like this or giving it a special effect would most likely be happening in the next expansion or they may be able to "cheat" like they did with Just Attacks/Counters.

Boosting Crea Weapons would be the easiest option though. I wonder if we'll be seeing any stronger versions...

Now if only Crea Weapons hit an extra target in their PAs.... That'd make them both awesome for PA leveling and possibly break the game for humans and newmans. Gravity Break/Assault Crush/Spinning Strike anyone? The others already hit loads of targets anyway but I wouldn't mind seeing Tornado Break hitting five targets in all of its combo so it'd stomp all over Dus Robado except for looks.

yea but in the game humans were n a war with beasts newmans an casts for 500 years right? maybe 300... but like if u think about it they had to of had something as powerfull as casts n beasts abilitys right?

Lyric
Mar 24, 2008, 11:02 AM
On 2008-03-24 08:51, fayt6 wrote:
yea but in the game humans were n a war with beasts newmans an casts for 500 years right? maybe 300... but like if u think about it they had to of had something as powerfull as casts n beasts abilitys right?

Maybe a screwdriver and genetic warfare. That would be the only thing Humans really have on any of the races. The fact that they made them.

I agree with the Crea boost and Photon Blast ideas. It sure would be nice to do more damage with my Creas...

sKOsiris
Mar 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
Newmans should use elemental destrcution.
for example: Ground spells, should be like calling an earthquake. Fire spells, should call a fire storm. Ice spells, maybe a tsunami or something. Lightning spells, create a lightning storm like onmagoug does. and so on, that would fit them quite nice i think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sKOsiris on 2008-03-24 10:20 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
I like some of the photon blast mag ideas. Newmans with mags = ummatched. TP finally used for something, but very few newmans play Acrofighter where r-mag damage is highest, or at least they don't use a whip/mag combo on AT. Perhaps Sonic Team could go more in-depth with the "crea" terminology and do something there.

Danny_Dark
Mar 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
Whoa...HUMAN Berserker-Mode !

Spacepest
Mar 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
A special magic attack/summons would be great for a Newman.

For human...hmm. I had this funny idea where you take your human into the Guardians Colony, get it purposely infected with some kind of special military engineered Seed virus which would allow you to temporarily turn into a monsterous seed infected form to kick ass in (similar to a Beast's nanoblast). Bonus points to Sega where you have some kind of story mode type of quest to go through this to unlock it.

Really, Humans and Newmans need something. That unused special attack bar on the screen that never fills up is taunting me.

ThEoRy
Mar 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
Omega Relicon!!

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Newman's special ability should be where they turn into Numans, and everything around them dies from the sheer awesomeness.

Humans summon landmasters.

funnymatt
Mar 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
Don't we already have the special BAWWWW, I WANT SUPERPOWERS forum spam ability? It seems to be used quite often, you must have seen it.

Xefi
Mar 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
human and newman will have special abilities in maybe about another year of waiting. :|

chibiLegolas
Mar 24, 2008, 02:06 PM
Sega should revisit, tweak, and create MORE crea weapons. I wanna see crea spears, knuckles, claws, double claws, slicers, etc.

Humans: ability to hold more PA at one time compared to other races. Helps imply that humans are meant to jump around in ANY class.

Newmans: Dunno. But it CAN'T be just a rehash of what an SUV is.

Katrina
Mar 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
Humans higher level Crea Weapons or some sort of other unique Hum only weapons. Or possibly a small buff to all stats once per mission for a short time (30 sec max).

Newmans perhaps an ability to boost Tech / Mst by a set ammount for a limited period of time (30 seconds 1 per mission).

Humans and Newmans have the ability to be Smexy.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 02:20 PM
On 2008-03-24 12:06, chibiLegolas wrote:

Humans: ability to hold more PA at one time compared to other races. Helps imply that humans are meant to jump around in ANY class.

That one ability alone is so secretly powerful, I think Tynselle would love you for suggesting it. Just as a Guntecher alone, I could use about 46-50 PAs. Heh heh. Of course, none of this would be necessary if we had inventory space to carry a ton of PAs, or something in the system to avoid a long time in the Bedroom just because you're going to a level different than the last. That could get annoying real quick, for most parties.

goaferboy
Mar 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
Newmans=magic users=some sort of awesome magic attack or magic companion type thing.

Humans=created the other races=quite clever=better with weapons/quite organised. So some awesome human only weapons, some human only super PAs or call for backup.

Makes sense to me.

Anduril
Mar 24, 2008, 02:38 PM
I think Newmans could get the use of a Photon Seal, which was mentioned in Episode 1 to have once been used to create powerfully destructive TECHNICs, though the problem there is that in story their use was outlawed...
Humans need SEED mode....

Fanin
Mar 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
Humans: use nuclear warheads, gundam, bankai, or mystic artes.

Newmans: Summon Bahamut as a super NPC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanin on 2008-03-24 13:46 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 24, 2008, 03:53 PM
Not all newmans choose to be techers, so I don't think a TP/MST boost ability would be very beneficial to us; unless you consider mag damage with the TP boost. Summonings sound all right. I'd personally love a running speed / evasion boost instead.

Humans should really be able to hold more photon arts, I agree. Give them ten more slots than anybody else. And make creas stronger for humans/newmans through a game update. Or let us hit an extra enemy with the PA's using them at least.

mvffin
Mar 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
newman should have time slow/time stop ability. duration depending on base TP.

humans... ehh... I dunno. super buff the team, super debuff the monsters...?

GaNksTa
Mar 24, 2008, 04:13 PM
Humans get basic mags (Humans are the ancient race; give them something from a game in the ancient 90's)that do not level up (Stay lvl 5 style in PSO); they add 4 to atp, ata, dfp, and evp- depending on which one you get at Lumilass it will create either Mylla-Youlla, Pilla, Estlla or Farla.

Newmans have the ability to cast a planet (similar to Fakis's attack, but without the camera change) of which ever element they bought at Lumilass..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaNksTa on 2008-03-24 14:29 ]</font>

gryphonvii
Mar 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
give them built in crea status, whatever they use can hit extra targets, a double foie, 4 nosdiga, broken as hell? maybe. Fun to watch? Definitely.

MinervaEros
Mar 24, 2008, 04:48 PM
Humans summon landmasters.

/win

MSAksion
Mar 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
FORCE FIELD

All newmans whether they are techers, fighters, or gunners all have superior mental latent abilities and a force field would be awesome for any newman type.

These force fields would require a "photon FOCUS" a crystal needed to be equipped in the extra slot. And depending on the one you pick from lumilass you get a different effect;

1) Protection Shield - protects you and the team but you cannot attack or heal while the field is intact. Lasts the longest 2nd longest.

Friends can shoot through the field. Enemies can attack through the shield but at severely reduced damage. You are able to slowly walk around and the circle of effect moves with out. Enemies may not walk outside the field. Neither can Your friends XD. Make sure to call your friends into BUFF Range before locking them out of this Blue circular shield.

2) Barrier Shield - Stationary shield but you are able to walk after you. But its invincible.

Everyone inside cannot attack through this purple shield but neither can enemies. Lasts very short - enough time to heal or Buff and trade scape dolls with each other. Perfect for those Meteors the fakis throws. Purple circular shield.

3) Attack shield - This shield Reflects enemy attacks. It absorbs an element attacks and sends it back at an enemy. Similar to the effect of the Rainbow Beast. This lasts the 2nd longest and is colored reddish.

It only protects directly in front of you. This is a good choice for hunter or ranger newman who who are up close to enemies. You get hit by a monster with Zonde takes off 20% of your HP. The reflect takes off 10% of his minus of course the fact he's lightning so its not overpowering.

4) Evasion Shield - this shield allows you to Evade much more often. It is similar to the effect of the Svaltus.

This shield raises your own evasion so high you never get hit. This is perfect for those newman hunters trying to Just Counter. This shield is yellow in color and raises EVA and DEF if attacks penetrate the Evasion shield.

yes I KNOW I took this from the Beasts nanoblasts. But it makes sense in their effect. Plus newman i always felt like were party characters helping the team.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
Newmans could get some sort of diving protection spell, where they take no damage for some sort of reasonable time, in which they can walk into a mob and spam them with free techs until the spell wears off. A tech overdrive of sorts.

As for humans? Why don't we pop out a floader and ram stuff, or simply have a burst of speed where we shoot, move, and swing faster for say, 40 secs? %3

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2008, 05:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 07:20, chu-chu-chu wrote:
humans should get to hve a speshul ability to ROCK OUT. like, your rock out bar goes all the way and you hit X-Y and you just start going all nuts with style for a bit. so it looks all flashy like and colorful but you don't rally do more damage so i don't know

[spoiler-box]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Bilix/rockingalvin.gif[/spoiler-box]

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
They could release new creas at some point, ex: Crea Buster, a stronger crea saber with a different color hilt.

I'd like photon blasts, especially if Mylla and Youlla was included (with 21+ buffs so it could be better than a megistaride).

Also if someone tries to join the party during it, it has to tell them that "A Player is bursting." and make them wait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-03-24 15:26 ]</font>

ashley50
Mar 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:58, MSAksion wrote:
FORCE FIELD

All newmans whether they are techers, fighters, or gunners all have superior mental latent abilities and a force field would be awesome for any newman type.

this kinda reminds me of the 'Protoss" race...

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 05:35 PM
Allow newmans to temporarily combine their ATP and TP, this would be nice for non-techer newmans, acrofighters especially, maybe also their MST with their DFP.

Dragwind
Mar 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
I think for humans/newmans an advanced Crea weapon class would be neat. Like, being able to put 2 PA's on those Creas for instance, or the Crea's having some sort of weak or limited power boost for a limited amount of time.

However, I'm fine with CAST's and Beasts having SUV and Nanoblast. Its fine as it is!

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 05:41 PM
I mostly just want to use that little special gauge for something, it could be a cop out, buffs and giresta and that'd be enough to please me.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 24, 2008, 05:41 PM
Humans don't get anything. And Newmans get Summons. Call something to fight with them like an NPC for say...3 minutes?

gryphonvii
Mar 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
newmans should go into overdrive and have the ability to double cast, or walk around and cast. Anybody who has gone toe to toe with vanda orgas knows the former is feasible, and anybody who remembers jarbas knows the latter is possible as well.

Apone
Mar 24, 2008, 06:37 PM
Custom combo mode! attack button could be weak slash and the PA button can be hard slash. Or they could re map the buttons entirely while in this mode for insanely cool and damaging attacks... or Meggido from the old PS games, that would be cool too

Alizarin
Mar 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:58, MSAksion wrote:
FORCE FIELD

These force fields would require a "photon FOCUS" a crystal needed to be equipped in the extra slot. And depending on the one you pick from lumilass you get a different effect;

1) Protection Shield - protects you and the team but you cannot attack or heal while the field is intact. Lasts the longest 2nd longest.

Friends can shoot through the field. Enemies can attack through the shield but at severely reduced damage. You are able to slowly walk around and the circle of effect moves with out. Enemies may not walk outside the field. Neither can Your friends XD. Make sure to call your friends into BUFF Range before locking them out of this Blue circular shield.

2) Barrier Shield - Stationary shield but you are able to walk after you. But its invincible.

Everyone inside cannot attack through this purple shield but neither can enemies. Lasts very short - enough time to heal or Buff and trade scape dolls with each other. Perfect for those Meteors the fakis throws. Purple circular shield.

3) Attack shield - This shield Reflects enemy attacks. It absorbs an element attacks and sends it back at an enemy. Similar to the effect of the Rainbow Beast. This lasts the 2nd longest and is colored reddish.

It only protects directly in front of you. This is a good choice for hunter or ranger newman who who are up close to enemies. You get hit by a monster with Zonde takes off 20% of your HP. The reflect takes off 10% of his minus of course the fact he's lightning so its not overpowering.

4) Evasion Shield - this shield allows you to Evade much more often. It is similar to the effect of the Svaltus.

This shield raises your own evasion so high you never get hit. This is perfect for those newman hunters trying to Just Counter. This shield is yellow in color and raises EVA and DEF if attacks penetrate the Evasion shield.

yes I KNOW I took this from the Beasts nanoblasts. But it makes sense in their effect. Plus newman i always felt like were party characters helping the team.

I like this idea, because there is an actual story connection to this regarding the Lattice (sp?) Shield System, especially now that Rutsu agreed to share the technology with the GUARDIANS. They could provide anti-SEED personal shield units to Newmans powered by the their enhanced mental aptitude and photon affinity. Makes sense, right?

KiteWolfwood
Mar 24, 2008, 07:18 PM
As a Human FF I would love to have a little something something. I would probably be fine if it was just more Human/Newmen only Crea weapons. Cause I love the looks of Soda Crea, Creasaud, and Creasword.

_K1_
Mar 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:48, Zorafim wrote:
Newman's special ability should be where they turn into Numans, and everything around them dies from the sheer awesomeness.
This. This is why Numans aren't in PSO/PSU. Who would choose any other race?

Humans get nothing.

Detonator
Mar 24, 2008, 08:54 PM
Cthulhu summon for humans and newmans! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was thinking about continuously firing beam weapon for humans. 10 second targettable burst for example. Perhaps a flamethrower.

Hand grenades might also work, especially for newmans(since I can imagine Rutsu using the "holy" version of those). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Weapon overload could be a nice ability for humans. Temporary atp bonus and more angry glow to weapons. Perhaps some damage to user that gets more intense towards end of the ability activation. Makes sense that humans might have wanted to take a risk like that when fighting against beast or cast.

Seira7
Mar 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
Cthulhu lol, that would be weird...
how about summoning the subgenius icon "bob" instead?
He would have the ability to charm ememies to run right into weapons, you could stand around and "slack-fight"

Yea, anyhoo, I think the crea weaponry ideas are great. More weapons, have the PAs hit more targets -not too overpowered, but useful, and photon blasts based on TP for the techers, great stuff.

Guess I have nothing new to add but wholeheartedly agree some of these ideas would work really well.

Sir
Mar 24, 2008, 09:48 PM
JUMPING O_O
THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUMP!!!!!

ThePendragon
Mar 24, 2008, 10:03 PM
For Newmans, Photon Blasts do make sense. Depending on which type they equip in their armor they do different things. Super buffs, summons, elemental attacks.

As for Humans, I though about this long and hard and I cam up with the perfect idea. Since the other classes came from humans, and since humans have a bit of everything, this made perfect sense. The Human ability should be charged only when all three other races have used an ability. Meaning, in order for a human to use his ability in a party he needs a beast in the party to Nanoblast, a Newman to Photon Blast, and a Cast to SUV. Then and only then will he get his ability, which can be one of two things.

1. Gathering the abilities of all the other specials, he shoots the energy back out recharging 75% of all races specials in the group. This would serve as awesome support since it would create a high instance of special attacks, since once they were cast once, they would recharge much faster thanks to the human.

2. They could instead chose to use it on 15 seconds of massively powerful PA's. In other words they take all the energy from the specials, and infuse it into their weapon which makes it glow insanely bright and multiplies the damage by like 400% with awesome attack animations.

The nice thing is, in this case humans can do both support and offense depending on what they choose. It puts them in demand, and also pushes for more variety in groups. The best groups would be the ones with at least one of each race.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 24, 2008, 10:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 20:03, ThePendragon wrote:
As for Humans, I though about this long and hard and I cam up with the perfect idea. Since the other classes came from humans, and since humans have a bit of everything, this made perfect sense. The Human ability should be charged only when all three other races have used an ability. Meaning, in order for a human to use his ability in a party he needs a beast in the party to Nanoblast, a Newman to Photon Blast, and a Cast to SUV. Then and only then will he get his ability, which can be one of two things.

1. Gathering the abilities of all the other specials, he shoots the energy back out recharging 75% of all races specials in the group. This would serve as awesome support since it would create a high instance of special attacks, since once they were cast once, they would recharge much faster thanks to the human.

2. They could instead chose to use it on 15 seconds of massively powerful PA's. In other words they take all the energy from the specials, and infuse it into their weapon which makes it glow insanely bright and multiplies the damage by like 400% with awesome attack animations.

The nice thing is, in this case humans can do both support and offense depending on what they choose. It puts them in demand, and also pushes for more variety in groups. The best groups would be the ones with at least one of each race.

Copycats? That sounds perfect to me. I like a lot the idea, i dont know you guys. But it makes perfect sense with all, the description the type, everything.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 24, 2008, 10:35 PM
On 2008-03-24 20:13, ChaosAngel92 wrote:

On 2008-03-24 20:03, ThePendragon wrote:

Copycats? That sounds perfect to me. I like a lot the idea, i dont know you guys. But it makes perfect sense with all, the description the type, everything.

only problem is that you would need every race in the party

It could just be done simpler, there are 5 of those little sections in the bar down there. Whenever 5 abilities are used. Could be 3 beast, 2 cast, or 5 cast, or whatever, just has to be 5 of them.

THE JACKEL

Chuck_Norris
Mar 24, 2008, 10:36 PM
On 2008-03-24 19:48, Sir wrote:
JUMPING O_O
THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUMP!!!!!

ANYONE should be able to jump. >_>

I changed my mind about my first post in this thread, Humans would get an ability. Their Gage would charge much faster than the other races. But it would only do one attack, kinda like a SUV, except it would be based off their weapon. Spears would do some type of jumping attack, Knuckles would do...."FALCON PAUNCH!"? Swords would do Lionheart from FF8(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0a68W5DiI) ect ect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(Also, if anyone else said this, sorry, i didn't look at a quarter of these posts.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-24 20:39 ]</font>

Gama
Mar 24, 2008, 10:50 PM
just make some kind of equip tht makes a sato or something tag along.. its just programing i think wouldnt be much of a problem for sega... oh well... i think photon blasts would be allot better ...

Kismet
Mar 24, 2008, 10:57 PM
Humans should get the ability to smack the crap out of Sega each and every single time they do something stupid/make us angry. =D

Gama
Mar 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
something i find interesting is tht i had more fun with pso...silly huh?

its just something i noticed.

ThePendragon
Mar 24, 2008, 11:26 PM
On 2008-03-24 20:35, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

Errm, thats the point. It encourages diversity.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 24, 2008, 11:56 PM
On 2008-03-24 21:26, ThePendragon wrote:

except then you need 4 characters at all times.

That creates so many problems. Diversity is great, making the classes unique is great, but requiring them to have all of them present is just adding something else to it.

It's telling someone, hey, you pick to be human, you better make sure you have a beast, cast, and newman friend, or you can't even fully use your character.

THE JACKEL

9lotus
Mar 25, 2008, 12:04 AM
give them STANDS

ThePendragon
Mar 25, 2008, 12:42 AM
On 2008-03-24 21:56, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-03-24 21:26, ThePendragon wrote:

except then you need 4 characters at all times.

That creates so many problems. Diversity is great, making the classes unique is great, but requiring them to have all of them present is just adding something else to it.

It's telling someone, hey, you pick to be human, you better make sure you have a beast, cast, and newman friend, or you can't even fully use your character.

THE JACKEL

Which IMO makes perfect sense. It encourages parties, with a min of 4 people, which is the way the game is designed to be played. Besides, as it is, Humans have nothing, and it makes that if they did have something, that it be dependent on their creations.

Yuneiko
Mar 25, 2008, 12:42 AM
On 2008-03-24 20:36, Chuck_Norris wrote:
Knuckles would do...."FALCON PAUNCH!"?

See: Bogga Zubba. Not exactly Falcon Punch, but similar in premise. Requires a glowing falcon at level 40.

On 2008-03-24 20:36, Chuck_Norris wrote:
Swords would do Lionheart from FF8(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0a68W5DiI)

Whatever.

I kid, but for the human and newman thing, I personally wouldn't mind seeing more crea weaponry or stronger creas. Despite how much I wish our extra bar at the bottom would charge up, I can't help but think of anything that would not be game breaking. About the best I could think of that could be pretty easily implemented is a temporary stat boost, sorta like Megistar at level 40 or 50. Not too game breaking, but would help even the playing field between races I'd think.

ThePendragon
Mar 25, 2008, 01:24 AM
Mine makes perfect sense and is not game imbalancing at all.

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 01:39 AM
A lot of these threads see the same problem, when thinking of these sort of ideas, people need to learn to take the game's engine and limitations into account, look at the precedent from other specials and such things and base yours from that, we're never going to see uber-cinematic sword combos, because this just isn't a game that does that. Please do try to keep your ideas logical to the game you're thinking them up for.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 25, 2008, 01:55 AM
On 2008-03-24 23:24, ThePendragon wrote:
Mine makes perfect sense and is not game imbalancing at all.

yours make perfect sense to you, but I still think it's way too specific and requires way too much to actually be considered anything. If it has those requirements, it would have to be a whole lot better.

THE JACKEL

Chuck_Norris
Mar 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
On 2008-03-24 23:39, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
A lot of these threads see the same problem, when thinking of these sort of ideas, people need to learn to take the game's engine and limitations into account, look at the precedent from other specials and such things and base yours from that, we're never going to see uber-cinematic sword combos, because this just isn't a game that does that. Please do try to keep your ideas logical to the game you're thinking them up for.

I was obviusly joking with the Lionheart thing >>

Sword would have some kind of shockwave or something. And Bogga Zubba is nowhere near Falcon Punch level. It needs the flames, and super 100 foot knockback. And your character needs to scream the name when saying it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:15 AM
Also, in response to your earlier post about jumping. The reason we can't is because we have absolutley no need to do so, were it added, you can bet it'd open up a whole new world of technical issues and stupid crap due to their general inability to do anything properly nowadays.

icewyrm
Mar 25, 2008, 05:47 AM
I think that newmans and humans shouldn't have super weapons or massive one hit damage type abilities, it just doesn't fit them the way a nanoblast does for beasts and a SUV weapon does for casts. Having said that, I think it'd be really nice to use the gauge for something. So, heres my idea:

Humans: Skill Focus ability: Upon activation, the human player recieves a bonus 40 PP recovery rate to all pallette equipped weapons. All nearby allies recieve a +20 PP recovery rate for their currently equipped weapon per tick. In other words, its a free PP recharge/PA spam happy skill that lasts for say, 2 minutes.

Newmans: Ultimate reflexes: Upon activation, the newman player calls upon their inner mental strength, boosting their attacking, shooting and technic casting speed by 25%. The walking speed of the party member and any nearby party members is also boosted by 15%. The effect lasts again, say 2 minutes.

Obviously the actual numbers themself would change, but I think these sorts of abilities would be neat and (albeit after balancing) would fill a nifty niche not currently filled in the party.

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2008, 06:33 AM
How bout this instead: If you want special abilities, either play a different game or play as a cast/beast.

icewyrm
Mar 25, 2008, 06:43 AM
I am playing a different game, it's called posting on message boards. It's a fun game I invented a while ago.

goaferboy
Mar 25, 2008, 07:09 AM
http://www.rapidfish.org/rob/pictures/space_chair.jpg

Humans pull out their chair-o-awesomeness and command the other characters to do their bidding. Then maybe race a bit.

Or humans, since they are most technically advanced, could reload/refill PP on one/all weapons once their bar is full. Nothing major, since humans arent supposed to be particularly awesome, just an average class.

XCOPY
Mar 25, 2008, 07:20 AM
ah, this topic yet again....I still agree that Newmans would be interesting with a summoned element-based creature, or the magical super barriers that can provide team coverage within a certain area around the newman. Humans would be great with a special attack combo or technique...."super" PAs (for all weapon types) that are exclusive to that species. Story-wise, you could say they have a deeper "spiritual connection" with their weapons and items, and can learn/discover certain battle techniques that cannot be learned by other species.

*I like the SEED-form transformation idea, though I realize players would just whine and moan that it's too similar to a nanoblast transformation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2008-03-25 05:24 ]</font>

BFGfreak
Mar 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to turn into something we've been wailing on for over a year? Wouldn't it make more sense to choose something that is actually not made of fail, even the newest SEED forms (the big humanoid ones) falls before my awsome might of 100 percent pure Grade A human marine chick, I fail to see why I would want to turn into something I can easly kill.

Yuneiko
Mar 25, 2008, 11:11 AM
With my idea about humans and newmans getting the buffs, I was trying to take into account the limitations of the current system and what is already in anyway. I also remembered some other things as well. For humans, maybe they could get, say, a Dizas buff for x number of hits, while newmans get the Rentis buff for x number of hits. Those two spells, if i remember correctly, are supposed to be barriers vs physical and tech hits. Since they're already in the data, it shouldn't take much to add them, and I assume it's just turning on a variable for the bottom gauge on with another variable changed from Blast/SUV to instead cast Rentis/Dizas. Again, I don't know for sure if it's that simple, but that's my view. I still hold hope for better Creas though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuneiko on 2008-03-25 09:11 ]</font>

hewitt
Mar 25, 2008, 04:18 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:19, sKOsiris wrote:
for example: Ground spells, should be like calling an earthquake. Fire spells, should call a fire storm. Ice spells, maybe a tsunami or something. Lightning spells, create a lightning storm like onmagoug does. and so on, that would fit them quite nice i think.

I proposed this type of idea a while ago, along with some other ideas. XD well everyone told me this was an overused topic and that newmans already had the power of TECHING. zomg cause all techs do that much anyway... (edit: im mentally retarded with the quote button)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sKOsiris on 2008-03-24 10:20 ]</font>
[/quote]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hewitt on 2008-03-25 14:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hewitt on 2008-03-25 14:24 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Mar 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
I would like to see newmans summons. That would be cool.

Chaobo99
Mar 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
PK STARSTORM!!!!!!!

Sinue_v2
Mar 25, 2008, 07:36 PM
Humans: A choice: Meggido, a non-elemental wide-area destructive technique - or maybe some variation of Grantz which protects the team (like a super-buff) for a very short period of time. Make a special lvl 50 quest or mission the player must solo which tests both their skill and their "morals" to determine which technique they recieve.

Newmans: Melee & Casting speed boost either for a short time or innately. Stackable with Acro classes and /quick units.

Illuminate
Mar 25, 2008, 11:20 PM
On 2008-03-24 05:19, Iduno wrote:

CAVAOUBIEN

Yeah bringing back proper mags with photon blasts for humans and newmans would rule (especialy if you could feed and evolve them like PSO )

Also why not let humans summon Chuck Norris http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Too much PSOinmahPSU xD

PhdChristmas
Mar 25, 2008, 11:42 PM
newman + FT + Lv41 Spells = single hit SUV

instead of massive instant damage, Newmans should get a kind of protective field that severly reduces knockback and damage to almost nothing, that way newmans can go nuts with spells and jump into a pile of vahras with no fear for "X" amount of time.

Humans, maybe~ and 'overdrive' function that allows them to gain extremely high benifical stats according to their current class for "X" amount of time along with a burst in movement and attack speed. However after the 'overdrive' period your character becomes 'weakened' for 'x' amount of time. Balance is what makes humans, human.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhdChristmas on 2008-03-27 08:28 ]</font>

Mewnie
Mar 26, 2008, 12:06 AM
Most of these suggestions are way overboard: Sour grapes trying to find a way to stick it to Beasts and Casts with some variation of Nanoblast+ or SUV+

I do like some of them...

For Newmans, a TP/MST boost? Or double Tech% mods for 30-60 seconds? Or maybe just Newman-only techs; supercharged elemental attacks.

Humans, I could see something that reflects their resilient underdog status. Like when they charge up the blue bar, they get a big HP/PP regen
rate and maybe a attack/casting speed boost?

Genoa
Mar 26, 2008, 12:43 AM
You can't give newmans some kind of tech mod because who says you have to use techs to be a newman?
I say give newmans something passive like... different attack animations with certain melee / gun weapons at a faster rate to give them a slightly higher advantage in those specific areas, giving newman characters a better reason to try out something other than just techniques. (just as HUcaseal had her unique dagger and twin saber animations, or RAmarl's handgun animations.)

Perhaps give humans the same thing, but for the weapons the newmans don't have a specific animation for =/
I don't know... the whole idea of humans/newmans getting some Race based speciality like nanoblast and suv seems pointless... They don't need things like that to prove themselves worthy. Their balance and abilities to support seem worthy enough to stand with beasts and casts.

Zorafim
Mar 26, 2008, 01:38 AM
Before we go on, Newman:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/Neiending.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/ps4_160.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/0229.jpg

Elf:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/CL4M9/Fantasy.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/MasterCyphon/Fantasy%20Races/Elf.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/mattknesel2/elf.jpg

Alright, continue.

AmyPsycho
Mar 26, 2008, 02:39 AM
Oooh this is a fun one! I believe Newmans should have a Nanoblast-esque transformation where eyes glow, wings sprout and they float off the ground a couple feet. They'd have drastically boosted TP and limitless PP for a few seconds, and then go back to normal.

Humans actually should be able to choose. We can all assume they might have bloodlines tied to any other race. Maybe they can just pick what they please? Either that, or freaking super speed that sends them darting everywhere and attacking everything like a paper shredder gone mad. That would be cool.

AmyPsycho
Mar 26, 2008, 02:47 AM
On 2008-03-24 10:19, sKOsiris wrote:

Oooh, you know, I really like that idea too!

Reginaldo
Mar 26, 2008, 02:06 PM
PHOTON BLASTS.

goaferboy
Mar 26, 2008, 07:16 PM
So far, all the special abilities for the races (beast and cast) are linked to how the race was designed to be played. Beasts get a melee special move and casts get a ranged (mostly) special move. So why shouldn't a newman have a magic/technic based special? We all knew how a newman was meant to be played when we picked it. Much like someone who created a beast knew it was meant for melee.

I think humans shouldn't have a special move, just a slight boost in weapons or some slightly better PAs. Anything else would go against the "Jack of all trades, master of none" nature of the humans.

And before people ask what I have: Yes I do have a non technic newman and yes I do have a human.

RemiusTA
Mar 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
Humans :

-----Photon Overcharge Mode / Berserk Mode
-Drastically Increased attack and trigger speed
-All attacks deal critical hits regardless of timing (Including TECHNICS)
-Damage increased by 50% (50% element increase if TECHNIC)
-PP consumption increased 200%

Lasts about 50 seconds. Charges as fast as nanoblast

Newman :
------Holy Light Blessing
-Photon Art damage boosted 200%
-Photon Art speed increased
-TECHNIC % boosted 500%
-TECHNIC speed decreased 150%
-Defense boosted 200%
-Magic immunity
-Status Effect immunity
-PP consumption decreased 50%

Lasts about 60 seconds. Charges about 2/3 speed of nanoblast.

That way:

-Beast forms stay Damage tanks (Or rape tanks, if in Power form)

-SUVs are still situational and neat looking

-Humans get a strong burst of ability and power when in Melee or Ranged classes (If in Force class, they deal 50% more element damage and critical hits),

-Newmans get retarded TECHNIC modifiers to nuke the place up and are immune to all photon-based attacks and status effects as well as take less damage. (In Hunter classes, they do 2x Photon Art damage and execute photon arts faster.)

Feels balanced to me. That way, Humans are still get the Rounded abilities and newmans still are Technic heavy, but can get benefits from being a hunter class still without being able to outdamage a Nanoblast, but potentally outdamage EVERYBODY if they have good leveled technics.

chaostroop3
Mar 26, 2008, 09:28 PM
you know those circals at the 1st intro v1?newmans get those and should be able to do something like a massive gi- spell

RadiantLegend
Mar 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
Increase speed would have been enough

Randomness
Mar 26, 2008, 10:45 PM
I like the idea of a speed boost for Newmans. It doesn't impinge on any other race's ability at all. And it works no matter what you play.

As for humans, I like the idea of something like zero pp usage.

RemiusTA
Mar 26, 2008, 10:50 PM
we have photon charges. 0 pp usage is a lame special

Randomness
Mar 26, 2008, 10:57 PM
On 2008-03-26 20:50, RemiusTA wrote:
we have photon charges. 0 pp usage is a lame special

Well, I suppose you have a point there. Maybe add on a double pp regen and a HP regen 5 or something.

Strider_M
Mar 27, 2008, 09:01 AM
I would like Photon Blasts for Newmans

and I like chibiLegolas' idea for Humans where they can assign multiple Photon Arts on any weapon they can equip
(Sword ex. PS2) □ for regular attack and ▲ for Tornado Break R1+□ for Spinning Break and R1+▲ for Gravity Break
That would be cool.

Although my original idea was to have Humans OverClock their Photon weapons so that that glow on the weapon would shine brighter and they could have every attack act as critical hits during the drain of the Photon Charge

But I digress I'm a Human Protranser... I would simply like 2 more Ex Traps. Ex Grants and Ex Megid. 50 EX TRAPS LOL

VetroDrago
Mar 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
Newmans need a special. There are so many times when I'm soloing, and I get pissed off and wish I was a beast or cast and go crazy. Newmans should do an ultimate tech where the tech is so over the top and kills everything. Photon blasts are good too.

Tsavo
Mar 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
I dunno, I really think Newms would be alright with a slightly faster attack/firing/maybe even casting animation. It'd make up a little bit for their low atp and actually bring their "heightend reflexes" into play. Humans? How about a line of crea weapons that doesn't suck? Giving everyone specials just seems overkill to me.

xEndrance
Mar 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
Newmans should be able to have the Sumon Ability like the Mags on pso and humans should have a think to where they basically are like beast but there not as strong and it last a little shorter. Such as they get a little powered up