PDA

View Full Version : JP PC/PS2 update for March 27 (Master types released!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 06:42 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=639

Seasonal event
Easter begins and will be running from March 27 until April 03.

Event missions
Some new items will be added to the exchange mission "Dengeki Editorial Department." Going by the screen they're showing, looks like Electro Heart will be one of those items. Also, the mission "Do-or-die Spirit - Den" will be added back alongside "Do-or-die Spirit - Geki."

New battle types
Fighmaster, Gunmaster and Masterforce will be added!
* These three types will be able to equip only S-rank weapons and line shields. C, B and A weapons and line shields cannot be equipped. Units of all ranks can still be used, however.
* Due to the equipment restrictions of these three types, some missions cannot be cleared with a grade of S when soloed.

System updates
* The level cap will be increased to LV140.
* Some photon arts will cap out at LV50.
* Fighgunners' restrictions on machineguns, handguns and twin handguns will be upgraded from A to S.
* Wartechers' support TECHNIC level will increase from LV20 to LV30.
* Fortetechers' support TECHNIC level will increase from LV30 to LV40. They will also receive an increase in HP.
* Acrotechers' support TECHNIC level will increase from LV40 to LV50.
* Normal rifle bullets (non-photon art bullets) will receive a PP cost reduction.
* Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Gidiga, Nosdiga, Noszonde and Nosmegid will receive PP cost reductions.

Specific master type details
Alright, guys. The news we've all been waiting for is here, courtesy of Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080326a.html) and the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

Fighmaster
Special abilities
* Exhibit faster attack motions.
** See this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudksoGpj-s) (courtesy of LeMan_Bayon) for a demonstration of Fighmasters' increased attack speed.
* PP efficiency suffers

Requirements
* Fighgunner LV10, Fortefighter LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: LV50
* Bullets: x
* Attack TECHNICs: x
* Support TECHNICs: x

Equipment
* Weapons: S-rank only
* Line shields: S-rank only
* Units: C-S rank
* Traps: Freeze Trap G

Weapon restrictions
* Swords, spears, double sabers, axes

Gunmaster
Special abilities
* Exhibit faster ranged attack motions, such as rapid-fire rifle shots.
** See this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oflF-ec3Wuw) (courtesy of FOnewearl-Lina) for an example of this increased shooting speed.
* PP efficiency suffers

Requirements
* Guntecher LV10, Fortegunner LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: x
* Bullets: LV50
* Attack TECHNICs: x
* Support TECHNICs: x

Equipment
* Traps: Burn Trap G, Poison Trap G, Virus Trap G

Weapon restrictions
* Rifles, shotguns, laser cannons, twin handguns

Masterforce
Special abilities
* Exhibit faster TECHNIC casting motions.
** Inazuma reports that a Masterforce naturally casts TECHNICs as fast as a Fortetecher with a Har / Quick equipped.
** See this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUkLYc1vr8) (courtesy of Kamica and Jonathan F) for a comparison of Fortetecher and Masterforce casting speeds with and without Har / Quick.
* PP efficiency suffers

Requirements
* Wartecher LV10, Fortetecher LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: x
* Bullets: x
* Attack TECHNICs: LV50
* Support TECHNICs: LV10

Equipment

Weapon restrictions
* Rods, wands, TCSMs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-03-29 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-04-02 14:01 ]</font>

RedMussel
Mar 24, 2008, 06:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

chicken105
Mar 24, 2008, 06:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif aw now guntecher doesn't match FT support

Sylpheed
Mar 24, 2008, 06:47 AM
Awesome, i was waiting for this to be translated thanks Espio.

Syl
Mar 24, 2008, 06:49 AM
Finally the mystery around the master classes will be revealed

Also, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif at the rest of the updates

chicken105
Mar 24, 2008, 06:49 AM
Gunmaster better have S rank Crossbows D:

Chibi_psu
Mar 24, 2008, 06:50 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:42, EspioKaos wrote:

Seasonal event

Event missions
Some new items will be added to the exchange mission "Dengeki Editorial Department." Going by the screen they're showing, looks like Electro Heart will be one of those items. Also, the mission "Do-or-die Spirit - Den" will be added back alongside "Do-or-die Spirit - Geki."

New battle types

System updates
* Photon arts will cap out at LV50.
* Fighgunners' restrictions on machineguns, handguns and twin handguns will be upgraded from A to S.
* Fortetechers' support TECHNIC level will increase from LV30 to LV40. They will also receive an increase in HP.
* Normal rifle bullets (non-photon art bullets) will receive a PP cost reduction.
* Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Gidiga, Nosdiga, Noszonde and Nosmegid will receive PP cost reductions.

WHAT
THE
FUCK
??
God 2 guntecher s ranks to fighgunner?Just great SEGA!!! ¬¬

Sylpheed
Mar 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:49, chicken105 wrote:
Gunmaster better have S rank Crossbows D:

I was under the impression that each master class, would most likely have access to the S rank version of every weapon of that class. I.e. Gunmaster will be able to equip every gun at S rank.

bagleyboy
Mar 24, 2008, 06:52 AM
Yay Fighgunner buff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

About time they got buffed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
Mar 24, 2008, 06:53 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:50, chibichibi wrote:
WHAT
THE
FUCK
??
God 2 guntecher s ranks to fighgunner?Just great SEGA!!! ¬¬

Doesn't really matter, most fighs I've been around rarely touch mechs. And we still have xbows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sylpheed
Mar 24, 2008, 06:53 AM
Seeing Fighgunner get an unexpected but welcomed boost is awesome. Now that they will be getting S rank machine guns and twin pistols i may try them out once more.

Micro
Mar 24, 2008, 06:55 AM
OH SHIT!

This is going to be an interesting week, looking forward to what the "Masters" have in store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micro on 2008-03-24 06:18 ]</font>

Freshellent
Mar 24, 2008, 06:55 AM
S rank guns? omfgbatman (S Rank Mechguns... next to my Blackhearts?)

[spoiler-box]This was an accurate depection of how I felt about this update.http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/1206248107841.gif[/spoiler-box]

Thanks for the translation. I'm absolutley beaming right now.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 24, 2008, 07:01 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:55, Icespike wrote:
[spoiler-box]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/1206248107841.gif
[/spoiler-box]
ROFLMAO!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2008-03-24 05:02 ]</font>

Freshellent
Mar 24, 2008, 07:02 AM
Whoo! Edit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icespike on 2008-03-24 05:05 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Mar 24, 2008, 07:03 AM
On 2008-03-24 05:02, Icespike wrote:
GAH,PUT THE SPOILER TAGS BACK ON IT.

fixed ^_^'

On topic: I'm looking forward to seeing what Gunmaster is all about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2008-03-24 05:05 ]</font>

Umberger
Mar 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
All sounds very exciting...40/40 Fortetecher and 30/50 Acrotecher is just fine by me...can't wait to hear all the news about the new types though (t'is a shame they didn't put up any teaser screenshots of one type's PA or weapon distribution, but I suppose we'll know soon enough).

Kairi_Li
Mar 24, 2008, 07:11 AM
Holy sh-

Wow, I can't wait till we see the stats and info on all those classes, as well as requirements! This is gonna be AWESOME!

Hope to hear more from the new classes soon!

As for Figh's new update.... While as a figh I am happy to get S rank guns, doesn't it just make it unfair for other classes? I mean that class will have alot of S ranks...

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 07:24 AM
There are two notes under the new types section that go into a little more detail on them. Only reason I didn't mention them before is because I wasn't sure if I was reading them correctly or not. You'll see why I thought that in a second.

The first note says that these three types will be able to equip only S rank weapons and line shields. No, C, B or A ranks, only S. However, all ranks of units still can be equipped. The second note says that due to the weapon limitations of these types, certain missions cannot be soloed (to achieve an S rank, at least). I'm still a little shaky on that last one, but I think I'm reading it correctly.

Rayokarna
Mar 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
On 2008-03-24 05:24, EspioKaos wrote:
There are two notes under the new types section that go into a little more detail on them. Only reason I didn't mention them before is because I wasn't sure if I was reading them correctly or not. You'll see why I thought that in a second.

The first note says that these three types will be able to equip only S rank weapons and line shields. No, C, B or A ranks, only S. However, all ranks of units still can be equipped. The second note says that due to the weapon limitations of these types, certain missions cannot be soloed (to achieve an S rank, at least). I'm still a little shaky on that last one, but I think I'm reading it correctly.

Thats not good.

Kairi_Li
Mar 24, 2008, 07:30 AM
The first note says that these three types will be able to equip only S rank weapons and line shields. No, C, B or A ranks, only S. However, all ranks of units still can be equipped.

O_O

Well, there goes my chance (and probably many others) of becoming a Gunmaster. Fighmaster should be ok I hope, since I have a nice number of S rank melee weapons. If I become Master force all I have are halarods though...

Man... Those are classes for the lucky and elite.

Can't wait for more info on them!

Chibi_psu
Mar 24, 2008, 07:31 AM
Not really a problem with that.some s rank weapons are easy to hunt

Umberger
Mar 24, 2008, 07:34 AM

The first part isn't really so bad for Masterforces, considering by now S rank weaponry (and decent S rank armors such as Baji-senba) is fairly cheap and your choices of equipment are somewhat limited, but I can see it becoming a huge problem for Fighmasters. As for the no-soloing bit...well, I really hope that's not true, but if that's their way of balancing it...I have enough PA Fragments anyways. =p

Chibi_psu
Mar 24, 2008, 07:35 AM
i could agree with fighgunner mastering s rank twin handguns(they really needed them after all)... but god the mechs....my dear mechs T.T

str898mustang
Mar 24, 2008, 07:39 AM
Well it will be a loooooong while till I go Masterforce. I'll stick with fortetecher and keep using my 50% A-rank Armors. The line shield restriction is bullcrap and how can a mission not be solo'd?

Emblem00
Mar 24, 2008, 07:45 AM
Guntecher still geting crap lost the only S mechs to Fighgunner.

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2008, 07:53 AM
On 2008-03-24 04:55, Icespike wrote:
S rank guns? omfgbatman (S Rank Mechguns... next to my Blackhearts?)

[spoiler-box]This was an accurate depection of how I felt about this update.http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/1206248107841.gif[/spoiler-box]

Thanks for the translation. I'm absolutley beaming right now.

lmfao.

Concise yet poignant, brilliant!

Lyrise
Mar 24, 2008, 07:53 AM

This is mostly correct. We may not use it as such, but remember that when ST, or Japanese players say S rank, they're referring to S or S2 Rank missions. Rank = difficulty, (Evaluative)Grade = end result. In this case, its not saying there are some missions that you won't be able to earn an S Grade, it's actually saying there will be some S and S2 rank missions you flat out cannot do (solo and certain party setups that is).

DEM_CIG
Mar 24, 2008, 07:56 AM
Finally FI gets some love... GJ ST!!!

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
On 2008-03-24 05:53, Lyrise wrote:

This is mostly correct. We may not use it as such, but remember that when ST, or Japanese players say S rank, they're referring to S or S2 Rank missions. Rank = difficulty, (Evaluative)Grade = end result. In this case, its not saying there are some missions that you won't be able to earn an S Grade, it's actually saying there will be some S and S2 rank missions you flat out cannot do (solo and certain party setups that is).

Nope, Espio is right, the second note says you won't be able to get an S rank CLEAR(Kuria) on certain missions due to weapon restrictions (fighmaster without a handgun or something maybe).

biggabertha
Mar 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
Absolutely wow... I would be kind of annoyed at not having anything for Protransers except I'm still happy about EX traps so that's alright.

Wow to Fighgunners getting a lot of Guntecher's S ranks... I know one of my friends will be pleased whilst another will be super annoyed. I also like how it says all the PA caps will be raised to Lv. 50 but only Acrotecher's been specified to get Lv. 50 TECHNICs. I wonder how well that'll turn out or if I'm reading too far into it.

It''d be such an awesome thing if they made missions with requirements similar to party size but in this case, it'd say:

"Master class cannot play this mission alone or with NPCs or with their PM."

but if you get to play those missions, chances are that there'll be something that the Master classes lack such as a long range weapon or a melee weapon that's absolutely critical for certain things.

Also... I'm very interested in this non-photon art bullet for Rifles... Why would they do this at all? This means that Mayalee Shot's the only one with more than max accuracy but having a Photon bullet art is almost always better... What if Master classes get the weapon choices everyone wants but not allowed to link PAs to them? HA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now that'd be perfectly SEGA.

CelestialBlade
Mar 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
Wow, way to keep overpowering the Fortetechers.

And hell, they may as well just give everyone everything in S-ranks if they're gonna keep this up.

This one gets a big fat "blegh" from me :P

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
It looks like you'll need Gunmaster for Lvl 50 Bullets, Fighmaster for Lvl 50 Skills, and Masterforce for Lvl 50 Attack Techs. Since there is no Acromaster, Acrtotecher gets the Lvl 50 Support Techs. I don't really have a problem with this but knowing ST there are going to be months of rebalances because they will inevitably screw it up at the beginning.

It looks like the Forte- classes are going to become hybrids and the Master classes will actually become the "true" Fortes. Assuming that Gunmaster gets all S rank guns and nothing else, etc.

Libram
Mar 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
I don't see JA Crit spamming like the melee classes do, Typh, so I don't see how Fortetecher is overpowered.

This whole whining about Fighgunners getting S Rank range weapons is ludicrous. Every other hybrid class has S Ranks weaponry in both fields they cover. I say it's about time for this.

I'd like to point out that S Rank equipment only for the Master classes probably means something like all the available weapon classes they have will only be S Rank, much like the Protransor proficiencies.

Kietrinia
Mar 24, 2008, 08:38 AM
Any word on requirements for these new types?

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 08:40 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:11, biggabertha wrote:
I also like how it says all the PA caps will be raised to Lv. 50 but only Acrotecher's been specified to get Lv. 50 TECHNICs. I wonder how well that'll turn out or if I'm reading too far into it.

My mistake. It actually says "some" PA caps will be raised to LV50. I was in a hurry when I posted that a little while ago since I was supposed to be getting ready for work. <_<

But, remember that we haven't been told the caps for the master types. I'll be shocked if at least one of them doesn't cap out at LV50.

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 08:42 AM
Actually forte techers get shafted -_- the only S rank rods are the halarod (and everyone has a pallet full of them) gaozoran rod (woot hunting time not to mention the 15 mill for one) kalzarod (19 mill for board...nuff said) BUT on the other hand of my bitching if we can use S rang mags WOOT!!! Yea coni! ... but that's means no chao staff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 08:49 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:42, Chaos320 wrote:
Actually forte techers get shafted -_- the only S rank rods are the halarod (and everyone has a pallet full of them) gaozoran rod (woot hunting time not to mention the 15 mill for one) kalzarod (19 mill for board...nuff said)

Psycho Wand.

In fact, that's the only S-rank rod I'm even close to having. I've got the board, but... I'm lacking in materials.

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
Actually forte techers get shafted -_- the only S rank rods are the halarod (and everyone has a pallet full of them) gaozoran rod (woot hunting time not to mention the 15 mill for one) kalzarod (19 mill for board...nuff said) BUT on the other hand of my bitching if we can use S rang mags WOOT!!! Yea coni! ... but that's means no chao staff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Meh. Gunners still have the most expensive weaponry. Save your tears for someone else. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 08:52 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:11, Typheros wrote:
Wow, way to keep overpowering the Fortetechers.

What, by giving them more HP so they don't get one hit killed by half the bosses in the game? Or are you complaining about the level 40 support techs? If it's the support techs, then you are being silly. That isn't overpowering at all.

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 08:56 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:49, EspioKaos wrote:

Actually forte techers get shafted -_- the only S rank rods are the halarod (and everyone has a pallet full of them) gaozoran rod (woot hunting time not to mention the 15 mill for one) kalzarod (19 mill for board...nuff said)

Psycho Wand.

In fact, that's the only S-rank rod I'm even close to having. I've got the board, but... I'm lacking in materials.

ahh I knew I forgot one. Being on your sidekick in school can do that to ya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mysterious-G
Mar 24, 2008, 08:57 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:33, Libram wrote:

I'd like to point out that S Rank equipment only for the Master classes probably means something like all the available weapon classes they have will only be S Rank, much like the Protransor proficiencies.

That interests me too. I actually would not care if I could only use S-Rank equipment. It`s called master classes, so only masters should play it. Not a lvl 40 noob. ;o

All in one I thik it will be a very interesting update. :3
Thanks for bringing us the news, Espio!

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 08:57 AM
On 2008-03-24 06:51, amtalx wrote:

Meh. Gunners still have the most expensive weaponry. Save your tears for someone else. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and you sir, you get a BIGGGGG "Good morning monday hug" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 09:02 AM

Really? Lets see, my gunner (forte and guntecher) currently has:
Mizurakihoh x 3
Blackbull x 1
Rattlesnake x 1
Cubo Tuma x 1
Muzzlefever x 5
Viper x 100000000 (seriously I have 10 boards sitting in my PM)
Storm x 2
Hyper Viper x 3
Twin Tornado x 2
Song For Death x 6
Gur Asted x 1
Gur Bazga x 6
Shigga Desta x 4
Shigga Destac x 3
Meteor Cannon x 2
Meteor Cannoc x 1
Needle Cannon x 2
Needle Cannoc x 1
Hirokteri x 2
Hirokteric x 1
Rikauteri x 1

Compared to my Fortetecher who has:
Halarod x 5 (at one point I had 14)
Gaozoran Rod x 1
Psycho Wand x 1
Coni x 2
Uransara x 3
Dori x 4
Doric x 1

I'd say my gunner had more S ranks than my techer by a good amount and my techer is my main character. When I finally find a Shi/hoshi kikami you can add that to the gunner list if that seriously will be mastergunner only and not for mastertecher.

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 09:06 AM
Right...and a Love Inferno could get you your entire fT palette in trade.

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 09:09 AM
*throws his feet up on his desk and throws back a nice cold mountain dew* this is gonna get good

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:14 AM
Technically, both Techers and Gunners have to deal with ultimate expenses in weapon costs, commonly with S ranks. Either case, I normally could never afford them.

On the other hand, I guess this explains why they gave Guntechers a boost to 30 Attack Techs and the addition of S rank wands, because they were anticipating this update to come along. (I guess nobody's going to have any GT boost issues anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Now, the only single reason to be one is to have a selection of guns with tech use together. On the other hand, it does give my main another class with which there is access to certain weapons that fits the character.

Thank goodness that it's so much easier to deal with Melee PA arts. Looks like the rest of my PM Storage Increases is going to go to PA arts. I'm taking too much room, as it is, for my current PA arts that I already have to store

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 07:18 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:16 AM
It would be stupid if masterclasses can only use sranks weapons in all equip-able weapons, as opposed to can use sranks in all equip-able weapons.

So ST prolly did the former! Because their stupid. LOL!

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 09:17 AM
On 2008-03-24 07:09, Chaos320 wrote:
*throws his feet up on his desk and throws back a nice cold mountain dew* this is gonna get good

LOL, not today. I'm in no mood for e-peen sword fighting. I should have mentioned that I was talking about good S ranks, and fG ones at that (not just gunner rares in general). Saying you have 1000 Meteor Cannons doesn't really count.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
i bought a meteor cannoc yeterday pretty cheap!

Rayokarna
Mar 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
GM looks like fail anyway. It's a shame the Master Classes can be as versitile as I thought they will be. Oh well, time to wait until a class the meets all my wants comes round.

...Or just look forward to Phantasy Star Portable.

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 09:29 AM
On 2008-03-24 07:17, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-03-24 07:09, Chaos320 wrote:

LOL, not today. I'm in no mood for e-peen sword fighting. I should have mentioned that I was talking about good S ranks, and fG ones at that (not just gunner rares in general). Saying you have 1000 Meteor Cannons doesn't really count.

as stated b4...save your tears for someone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 09:40 AM
On the other hand, it looks like for Techs they're going to level out Guntecher and Wartecher to do pretty much the same exact stuff, and the difference being one in Guns and the other in Melee. I guess it comes down to the KISS idea (Keep it Simple Stupid) way that they probably want to gravitate their balance more to later PSO levels (with the exception of not making GTs broken like the previous Ramarls were).

Not to mention, with the defense and Melee options (with Just attack), the WTs will probably have the upper hand, with the current engine. FIs will probably love the S rank Twin Handguns and Mech guns with which they'll have full access to every aspect the GTs have with them. Unlike what's coming to rifles, they don't gain anything special outside of damage/acc percentages in higher levels. If the raw acc and atp stat can carry the difference, they'll be fine using them, though I'm still sure it's only for looks for them. I seriously doubt they'll find good practical uses by obtaining S classes of them. Not with their other weapons)

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 09:48 AM
On 2008-03-24 07:06, amtalx wrote:
Right...and a Love Inferno could get you your entire fT palette in trade.

Haha, you must be kidding. I would not trade Psychowand for Love Inferno EVER. Stop smoking crack. Laser Cannon is a situational weapon. Psychowand is used in every situation. There is no comparing how useful one is vs the other. Between the Meteor and Needle Cannons I have, there is no need for the Inferno. However there is nothing even close to the Psychowand in terms of TP or PP out right now.

biggabertha
Mar 24, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hmm... Some PA caps raised to lv. 50 eh? I wonder how awesome Boma Duranga is at Lv. 50 and how insane 500% Anga Jabroga will be at Lv. 50... 100,000 damage from one attack? I wonder which class will get that and wether or not they'll have the best ATP in the game to maximise the damage even though 5x your ATP and your Axe's ATP is pretty huge already.

Heh, I sure hope they have the restriction:

"You must be Lv. 140 to be a Master class and have the relevant Forte class maxed out in class levels along with 36 relevant PAs all at max levels."

Man I'm hoping for too much...

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 09:57 AM
On 2008-03-24 07:17, amtalx wrote:
I should have mentioned that I was talking about good S ranks

Okay then:
Kazarod 10/10
Psychowand 10/10
Hoshi-kikami 10/10

vs

Rattle Snake 10/10
Love Inferno 10/10
Shigga Baret 10/10

vs

Zanshu-misaki 50% 10/10
Agito Repca 50% 10/10
Gudda Iggac 50% 10/10

vs

Serafi-senba 50%

Which of these do you think would sell/trade for the most? I'll give you a hint. It's not the gunner OR techer weapons. Your gunner martyrdom is completely misplaced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-03-24 07:59 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 10:12 AM
Funny enough, the expensive Gunner weapons aren't even placed in this list. Laser Cannons are one of the main gunner weapons that is devalued of their worth. Love Inferno wouldn't even be in the list of expensive gunner weapons if it wasn't for the limited time issue of them.

The Cannons generally all fail to the cost of an S rank Crossbow, or the other ones mentioned in the list (They use to fail in cost to all the Twin Handguns until more recently, when the costs went down on quite a few of them). Wands, Rods, and S rank Bows that aren't the love bow, take the cake in costs, though. I'll probably have 1 S rank wand made because I was lucky to find the board.

So I have to agree. I have over 3 S rank Twins, multiple S rank mech guns, and outside of the Love Bow (which I bought), I've scored a possible 1 other S rank of the force kind (if it synths, that is). On the other hand, they both suffer the aspect of being many times more expensive to buy a 0/10 S rank of a weapon than it is to get a 10/10 of the top A class under them.

Now don't get me wrong, according to my finances in this game, both of them have stuff that's way too rich for me. But it just seems that nearly ever S rank force item is as ridiculous as the most ridiculous of gunner S ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 08:20 ]</font>

Chaos320
Mar 24, 2008, 10:15 AM
Lol this man is on a roll. I salute you sir desturel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos320 on 2008-03-24 08:37 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
Didn't I mention I wasn't in the mood for this today. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, so if you guys want to argue/discuss the value of various S rank weapons, take it elsewhere.

Rayokarna
Mar 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
Espio, anyother news you can fish out on the Master Classes?

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
So i guess no info on what the requirements for those Master Classes are. It would definitely be interesting to see if they are based on your Advanced Class levels and to what levels of them you need to obtain.

Katy
Mar 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
Unless Fighmaster gets an S rank pistol and Gunmaster gets an S rank Dagger or Saber, then I don't see any point in changing from my current forte-classes. Fighgunner with S rank twins doesn't mean much since Tenora A ranks are so much more smexy than Marvin Martian's Twin Tornado...

DraginHikari
Mar 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
Always good to see big changes like this... keeps things interesting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
Oi oi! I like the Marvin Martian's Twin Tornado. Just give me that PU-36 Space Modulator on top of that and I couldn't ask for anything more!

I also couldn't help thinking of Space channel 5, a little bit. Chu Chu Chu!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 08:56 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 11:02 AM
On 2008-03-24 08:51, Katy wrote:
Unless Fighmaster gets an S rank pistol and Gunmaster gets an S rank Dagger or Saber, then I don't see any point in changing from my current forte-classes. Fighgunner with S rank twins doesn't mean much since Tenora A ranks are so much more smexy than Marvin Martian's Twin Tornado...

There's nothing about fGs getting Lvl 50 Bullets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. If that's the case I will probably give up my Spear and Sabers for Lvl 50 Bullets, and hopefully S rank Xbows. There's nothing about SE5, but I am STILL clinging to that dream.

Retniwreven
Mar 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
There sure is a lot of BAAAAWWWW about Fighgunners finally getting something in regard to the gunner part of their title. I don't play one (anymore), but I'm happy for the class.

Master classes seem interesting. Expensive yes, if they can only wear S Ranks, but that just stops someone from making one at level 30.

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 11:08 AM
On 2008-03-24 08:42, Rayokarna wrote:

Unfortunately not. But, we'll know everything come Thursday! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rayokarna
Mar 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
On 2008-03-24 09:08, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2008-03-24 08:42, Rayokarna wrote:

Unfortunately not. But, we'll know everything come Thursday! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the info Espio, but I have another question, what are your personal views on this update?

landman
Mar 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
Only one week of Easter Rappys? baaaaawwwww xD

Fighguner got stuff? good I have fighguner capped
Wartecher got stuff? cool I also have this class capped just like any other class in the game, I don't understand why whine when your class loses an exclusivity, just play different classes and enjoy them all

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 09:30, Rayokarna wrote:
Thanks for the info Espio, but I have another question, what are your personal views on this update?

I'm happy about it. The only stuff that is of much concern to me is the Fortetecher adjustments since that's about all I play. (Though, I did have very short stints as an Acrotecher and a Wartecher.) The extra HP Fortetechers will be receiving with this system adjustment is a definite plus. Even though I've already got "high" HP as a Fortetecher since I'm a beast, I'd be lying if I said I'd hate to have a little more. (For reference, I just hit LV119 last night and I still haven't crossed over 2000HP as a LV15 Fortetecher.)

The LV40 support TECHNICs is cool with me. A few of mine are already LV31+ from when I got Acrotecher up to LV15, so I'll be ready. But this adjustment is no surprise to me, especially with Acrotechers receiving LV50 support.

Anyway, I'm mainly excited to see what Masterforce will have to offer. Even though I'll have a lot of S rank collecting to do if I want more than a few line shields and a wand (and cards, if the type can even use them; same with TCSMs) to add to my palette, I'll at least have time to work on amassing a decent weapons cache before we get this update.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
It'll be tricky for me. My Second character would be the most likely one to go the FighMaster route, but she has some good levelling to do. On the other hand, I'd hardly have to hunt for S rank melee weapons. If there's one type of weaponry I have plenty o' S ranks of, it's that.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
On 2008-03-24 08:59, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2008-03-24 08:55, Akaimizu wrote:Chu Chu Chu!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 08:56 ]</font>
Akaimizu!

Oh, your name is from SC5? I just thought you really liked trains...

As for the Master classes not being able to S rank certain missions, this would lead me to believe that Fighmaster and Mastertecher will not have access to ranged weapons. These classes would not be able to S rank missions that require you to shoot at a switch on the wall to open up an area (only instance I can think of for this is one of the maps on Sacred Stream where you have to shoot the switch on the wall to open the teleporter).

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
But doesn't everybody still have access to Handguns? I don't remember if there's any Rifle/Bow only switch that is necessary for a spawn in this game. There is one single place, in Neudiaz, that has a gate opened by rifle/bow only targets, but it's for a few items, but no monster spawn.

Now if the Master Classes don't equally even have a handgun, I can start to see what they're getting at when it comes to weapon restriction issues of gaining S ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 10:40 ]</font>

MEGAMANexe
Mar 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOO DEGAHNA CANNON!!!!!! alas old friend I knew thee well...hmmm id better sell that thing before the price in those things drop like no tomorrow

Neith
Mar 24, 2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, like Fighgunner needed improving [/sarcasm]. WT Lv30 buffs is nice though, I might actually be able to stand the class now.

Giving Figh access to all those guns at S-Rank is stupid- they are capable fighters as it is, and do not need access to further weapons at S-Rank.

As for the Master Classes, they sound very interesting. Although, I can see the already expensive -Polymers becoming absurdly expensive seeing as they can only equip S-Rank armour.

Edit: Much lulz at regular Rifle bullets getting a PP alteration. Who the hell uses Rifles without a Photon Art linked?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-24 10:34 ]</font>

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Aside from using only S ranks, I wonder what stat boosts are for master classes?

Dein
Mar 24, 2008, 12:35 PM

I've been thinking about these comments while in class today and I can't seem to make any sense out of the last one. ST is saying that the master classes won't be able to solo some missions for a S rank clear due to their weapon restraints but I'm failing to name normal missions where that'd actually be an issue. I dunno, perhaps they're hinting that the master classes might be really limited or they just made a mistake in their comments. Waiting until Thursday to see which it'll be is going to be tough.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:31, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Edit: Much lulz at regular Rifle bullets getting a PP alteration. Who the hell uses Rifles without a Photon Art linked?

I do. But only if I accidentally unequipped the Photon Art because I ended up linking the same art that was already linked. Didn't realize that I did that, and then I hit myself in the head for my mistake. Normally with Killer shot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 10:37 ]</font>

chalka
Mar 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
interesting.... i probably wont be switching to any master classes except for the sole purpose of maxing my skill, bullet, and tech levels....

while adding those s-ranks to fighgunner skews them a bit, im not going to lie and say i dont enjoy the s-rank twin handguns. i have a pair of 9/9 hyper vipers sitting in storage. it would be nice to use them as a fighgunner and not have to switch to guntecher.

now if they would only give protanser lvl 40 skills to match the 40 bullets id be set >_>;

Alamar
Mar 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
I heard that the PSU Bible only has monster levels up to 149. Does that mean another Expansion pack? Is that why not all S2 runs are out? S3 in expansion pack? How far does the Book go in terms of Monster and Char Level caps? Also what star level of weapons are in in it(highest.)

Kylie
Mar 24, 2008, 12:40 PM
Figh with twin handguns? Holy bleep. D: I might just have my main turn back into a figh now because I've always wanted them to get those... And the Master classes... good to see they're more like extreme specialist classes and don't make the other classes completely obsolete. The only thing that's dumb with this update is that there's STILL a lack of love for WT. LV30 support? Whoo? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif I'd much rather see ATP or TP added to it.

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:39, Alamar wrote:
I heard that the PSU Bible only has monster levels up to 149. Does that mean another Expansion pack? Is that why not all S2 runs are out? S3 in expansion pack? How far does the Book go in terms of Monster and Char Level caps? Also what star level of weapons are in in it(highest.)

As far as showing enemy base stats, it goes up to LV150. I can't remember what the chart for character stats goes up to, but I think it's the same. Fifteen-star weapons/line shields are as high as the PB lists.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-03-24 10:42 ]</font>

Akaimizu
LV30 support isn't bad. It sounds as if they turned the WTs to the Melee equivalent of the GTs (after the GT TP boost, that is).

And consider the word "Perfect" in Perfect Bible to be equivalent to what "Perfect" means in Gundam or countless other anime shows. Perfect always gets beaten by some other big adjective that comes later. (Even though, logically, that doesn't make sense)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 10:45 ]</font>

Matic
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-03-24 09:39 ]</font>

(insert "German Final Flash" here)

Dein
Mar 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:39, Alamar wrote:

The PSU Bible isn't the best place to rely on info for long. Already monsters are up to lvl 150 in the current event going on in Japan and offline AotI has a lvl cap of 200. For being called "Perfect Bible" those books get outdated fast.

MEGAMANexe
Mar 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
aww wait didnt read carefully... only for pc/ps2 dam... oh well at least i get to keep my degahna cannon

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 12:45 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:42, Dein wrote:
The PSU Bible isn't the best place to rely on info for long. Already monsters are up to lvl 150 in the current event going on in Japan and offline AotI has a lvl cap of 200. For being called "Perfect Bible" those books get outdated fast.

Very fast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif My first few weeks of having it, I was already finding things that had been outdated by these system updates. Well, that and a lot of the info was just plain wrong. <_<;

Alamar
Mar 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
I see. It just seems they are going a lot faster with this game then PSU in terms of upgrades. It seems like a rush,maybe it is just me. So is there another exp? any word at all? a hint even? Finally the master class series comes out nice.

Alamar
Mar 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
Sorry about getting off topic here. But this got me thinking of something I heard recently. This upgrade is a nice one My sister will be happy to here about S rank twins.

Mysterious-G
On 2008-03-24 10:41, Matic wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-03-24 09:39 ]</font>

What? :O

Andy1423
IMO, as far as Masterclasses go, the drawbacks of only using S rank gear, plus the comment about weapon restrictions, is probably nothing compared to the stat increase and bonuses you would receive from being race/class aligned. This is usually always the cases for “upgrading” your license status. I mean, if you’re a ranger and you get lvl 50 bullets plus more ATA and ATP for being a master class than Forte then by all means sign me up for MASTER CLASS.

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:44, MEGAMANexe wrote:
aww wait didnt read carefully... only for pc/ps2 dam... oh well at least i get to keep my degahna cannon

Japanese PC/PS2. Our servers will see this update later this year.

On 2008-03-24 10:46, Alamar wrote:
I see. It just seems they are going a lot faster with this game then PSU in terms of upgrades. It seems like a rush,maybe it is just me. So is there another exp? any word at all? a hint even? Finally the master class series comes out nice.

There hasn't been any word of a second expansion, but it won't surprise me if there ends up being one. So far, the only info on the next installment of PSU is in Phantasy Star Portable coming out for the PSP in Japan soonish.

Sekani
Mar 24, 2008, 12:52 PM
Fighgunner getting S-rank guns makes me very happy.

Wartecher getting level 30 support doesn't do much for me though. Yawn, another support techer class, like we didn't have enough of those already.

Master classes are kind of interesting right now. Since all the "elitists" won't be willing to part with their +10 A-ranks, I wonder how popular those classes will be.

stukasa
Mar 24, 2008, 12:52 PM
My first reaction to this update was O_O!!!

I'm pretty happy with most of the changes. As a level 121 NEWMAN Fortetecher I only have 1600 HP. >.> My level 74 Acrofighter has 2000 HP already so you can imagine I'm looking forward to the fT HP boost. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I have mixed feelings about the Master class restrictions. I'm glad the classes will (hopefully) live up to their name but I don't like the S-rank armor restriction. Unless you're planning on using neutral you'll need at least six S-rank armors, one for each element. I have three different characters. That means I need 18 S-rank armors, and I have...four. >.> Some people don't care about armor but as a fT elemental armor can make a world of difference.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well, this is a bit of a relief. The fact that Master types can only use S stuff and unable to solo with an S makes them unbroken, and in turn, means that we still have a reason to be the other 9 expert types. And FI getting the S guns means that AF won't be completely stepping on their toes, but I'm still staying AF.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
I'm with you on that one, but I'm going to really hope we get some MASTER monsters, for them. Technically, they would be forced into being true devastators, and we don't have mobs capable of dealing with devastators.

On the other hand, I'm really really curious as to how many mission points you need to go up a level, for a Master class. 20,000? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DoubleJG
Mar 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
Wartechers get Lv30 support, WOOOO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 12:58 PM
I don't see why Gunmaster would have trouble S ranking missions. Sure, not having a Spear to deal with the 29384723 bullet resistant enemies in this game will suck, but it should still be possble. A Fighmaster fighting Onma...that's a different story. Unless you just get a message like "You killed everything right? Cool. Master class? LULZ! you get an A rank." at the end of every mission.

pikachief
Mar 24, 2008, 12:58 PM
MASTER CLASSES ONLY S RANKS!!???

omg omg omg all i use is S ranks! LOL XD

Sega I <3 U http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: And Espios, Im sure what it means by not being able to S rank some missions is that fighmaster will most likely not have any ranged weapon whatsoever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-03-24 10:59 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Mar 24, 2008, 12:59 PM
Awesome, I can't wait til Thurs to hear more! I'll make my decision to switch to Master based on weapon selection and PA caps.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
Fucking bullshit, i can't believe fighgunners get S twins....S machine gun i could give a fuck about, but pistols.....they still don't get bullets past 31 meh ;(

JAFO22000
On 2008-03-24 10:27, Akaimizu wrote:
But doesn't everybody still have access to Handguns? I don't remember if there's any Rifle/Bow only switch that is necessary for a spawn in this game. There is one single place, in Neudiaz, that has a gate opened by rifle/bow only targets, but it's for a few items, but no monster spawn.

Now if the Master Classes don't equally even have a handgun, I can start to see what they're getting at when it comes to weapon restriction issues of gaining S ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 10:40 ]</font>

If they are giving the Masterclasses S rank weapons and S ranks only, I doubt they would keep the handgun as a weapon for Fighmaster/Masterforce. This being the case, I can also see them taking away the bow from Masterforce, thus neither of these classes would have a ranged weapon, thus neither of these classes would be able to complete one of the maps on Sacred Stream S (you have to shoot a switch on the wall to "open" a teleporter which then takes you to an area with enemies and some boxes), nor would they be able to complete a few of the Episode 2 story missions (and possibly some of the Episode 3 story missions). I also believe that there was an Episode 2 story mode that required you to have a melee weapon to open up rubble and save people, thus Gunmaster and Masterforce could not complete this mission.

That is my theory, at least. The few instances of this occuring can be easily countered by just switching back to the Forte- variant of your class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2008-03-24 11:09 ]</font>

Alamar
Agreed AF can rip into runs now. We need higher level mobs thats for sure. That was part of my questions above. It is hard at times to get a tag on mobs if you have a full party. Things die real fast now. We need all S2 and some S3 to keep up with our massive power they are giving us.

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2008, 01:03 PM
There's probably good reason for (this is speculation) taking away the Fighmasters pistol, which wouldn't allow for S rank stage clear(s), but really if your soloing your not usually looking for PA frags or Mission points, you know what im sayin'. I'd rather give up the ability to S rank one mission (cause there's no way master classes just can't s rank missions...that's plain silly) for the exchange of nasty dominating master power.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-24 11:05 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Mar 24, 2008, 01:05 PM
JAFO, you can use razonde on those wall switches, but yeah, I think that's what they meant about clearing with rank S.

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'm so glad I kept all those Hyper Viper, Viper, and Muzzlefever boards. Even if I never hit RB, the looks alone are enough for me.

Mikura
Mar 24, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hmm, S rank only. I'll stay with my Forte classes a bit longer then until I amass more S rank weapons and (especially) armor. Some of my best weapons are still high %/high grinded A ranks.

Overall though, I like what they've done with this update. It's put my fears at ease that the Master classes would make the other classes obsolete. I'm still a bit sad that Fortegunners didn't get S rank twins too but oh well.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 24, 2008, 01:09 PM
Instead of fighgunners getting a S rank hangun and Machinegun it would of been better if they got S-rank Crossbows >_> Twin Handguns is cool tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2008-03-24 11:09 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
May have to move Ema back to Fighgunner for S rank machineguns and twin handguns. I'm an avid twin hg user, but fortegunner doesn't have S ranks stil......

Alamar
Mar 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
Good point on the Fortegunner twins. But I am still concerned about the mob levels more then anything else. Mobs die fast as it is.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:05, RedCoKid wrote:
JAFO, you can use razonde on those wall switches, but yeah, I think that's what they meant about clearing with rank S.

Really?!?! I'll have to try that someday. I hate having to add a bow to the pallette, shoot the switch, then take the bow out again on those missions.

Good to know.

chicken105
Mar 24, 2008, 01:27 PM
i think fighgunners are getting more s ranks because maybe Fimaster doesn't get s rank double sabers. There just giving fortetecher a nice buff just like guntechers did. Though I would like double sabers on Fimaster >_>

cheapgunner
Mar 24, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'v got6 stormlines of every element, good s-rank guns, and 24+ bullets across most of my good weapons. I can't wait to see these master classes. If gunmasters don't get lv. 50 bullets, I'm gonna blame this on Espio for getting my hopes high. (No offense man.) >.>

Danny_Dark
Mar 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
Very Interesting !
Thx for the Info Espio !

Mikura
Mar 24, 2008, 01:33 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:10, Alamar wrote:
Good point on the Fortegunner twins. But I am still concerned about the mob levels more then anything else. Mobs die fast as it is.

We haven't heard much on mob buffs so it looks like besides the rest of the AotI missions getting S2ed, we aren't getting the difficulty ramped up any more in PSU. But I agree, full parties already slice through missions like a hot knife through butter. Doesn't look like that's going to change any.

chicken105
Mar 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif if this turns out nice. I might have to retire my guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. but http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif at the same time. Can't wait till thursday!

Candor
Mar 24, 2008, 01:35 PM
That's awesome about fighgunners getting S-rank guns, always thought it was weird that a hybrid class could only use S-ranks in one area. though i don't use mechguns, nor single handguns, and i like my Arb Maganacs better than any S twin handguns, meh.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm concerned. They're saying that some classes cannot perfect some missions if they choose this class. Does that mean that the master classes cannot use weapons from another type? If FighMaster cannot use handguns at all, then there's simply no reason to use the class. As much as I dislike using guns, the game relies so much on them to get things done, that I'd be near useless in certain situations.
Also, this could mean that I won't be able to use certain weapons that I like as this class. Fighmaster either will or won't have both twin daggers and spears, and I love using them both...

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see exactly what's going to happen. Update is on thursday, correct?

Mikura
Mar 24, 2008, 01:40 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:35, Candor wrote:
That's awesome about fighgunners getting S-rank guns, always thought it was weird that a hybrid class could only use S-ranks in one area. though i don't use mechguns, nor single handguns, and i like my Arb Maganacs better than any S twin handguns, meh.

Unless they add S rank Tenoras in the future, I agree with you. The current S rank twins look nice but until they add something stronger, I prefer the A rank Tenora twins at the moment. Less PP but they pack more of a punch.

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:39, Zorafim wrote:
I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see exactly what's going to happen. Update is on thursday, correct?

Correct.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
If FighMaster cannot use handguns at all, then there's simply no reason to use the class. As much as I dislike using guns, the game relies so much on them to get things done, that I'd be near useless in certain situations.

What??

Also, let's wait until we actually know what's going to happen. Everything here is just speculation. In any event, I don't think Fighmaster is going to be useless because they can't use pistols.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 01:46 PM
Erm, to summarize my post in one word, Onmagaug.

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm concerned. They're saying that some classes cannot perfect some missions if they choose this class. Does that mean that the master classes cannot use weapons from another type? If FighMaster cannot use handguns at all, then there's simply no reason to use the class. As much as I dislike using guns, the game relies so much on them to get things done, that I'd be near useless in certain situations.

I don't really see a problem with this considering that this game is based around co-op play. As a potential Gunmaster, I don't really have a problem relying on my fighter and techer friends to help me out against a bullet resistant enemy.

LeMan_Bayon
Mar 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Out of curiosity, is there ever supposed to be an acromaster class down the road? Wasn't it found when they were doing data mining? It would seem that Humans would get no love from this, beast getting a boost in fighmaster, cast in gunmaster, and newmans in master force. Though I'm not really sure how an acromaster class would work now that they have revealed this information.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, acromaster will be developed at some point. It's on PSP and in the game data.

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
Well we don't know, its all guesswork at this point. ST has kept their mouths shut so far.

Matic
Mar 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
On 2008-03-24 10:48, Mysterious-G wrote:

What? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55t5jnhz5s

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:46, Zorafim wrote:

Dimmagolus is worse for it than Onmagoug.

JAFO22000
On 2008-03-24 11:46, Zorafim wrote:

Actually, Dimma is harder to fight with no ranged weapon than is Onma.

But anyway, not being able to effectively solo a couple of bosses (because you can still solo them, but it will take longer without a pistol) make the class unplayable????

MSAksion
ForteTechers get SHAFTED ???

Well the only ones suicidal enough to be a ForteTecher is a Newman. Remember the ridiculously worthless Halarod is NEWMAN RESTRICTED. the other 3 types of FT have to find Halarodoc kubara, or the Kazarod, Psycho wand or gaozoran rod.

I'm sure all of you super ForteTechers are overloaded by numerous Psycho Wands and Kazarods but the rest of us normal players dont have much. Now of course Sega could make hte Kazarod drop like mad crazy and make it completely worthless meseta wise so all FT get a good standard Rod.

Or an FT could juse use all those Uransara and Tesbra that are dropping like mad currently but that defeats the point of the FT Rod boost.

Superior TECH Power, Rod % Boost, lvl 40 suppport, still the lowest HP and DEF in the game. I bet the De ragnus still one-hit stomp kills us FT hehe. Glass Cannons FTW.

Now wheres an ACROTECHER - I'm too busy spamming Nosdiga to buff the team (Joking....sorta)

Xefi
Nice update! But it won't reach America for awhile anyways, so i guess, more waiting for us. And of course, we LOVE to wait patiently too (right...).

Matic
Mar 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
It makes those bosses damn near unplayable, at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Matic on 2008-03-24 12:00 ]</font>

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
You never know what to expect, you guys know the Japanese are quirky.

Mysterious-G
Mar 24, 2008, 02:04 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:56, Matic wrote:

On 2008-03-24 10:48, Mysterious-G wrote:

What? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55t5jnhz5s

I see, thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Well, you would shake your head if you knew how often we use English words here. And shit is used since years here... It`s like it would be a German word. xD

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

He also has a harder name to memorize.

EMPYREAN
Mar 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
and as normal gunners dont get a jack shit

when r we gonna get something good

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
In less then a month, if you use lasers.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
On 2008-03-24 12:05, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-03-24 11:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

He also has a harder name to memorize.

Step 1: Wait until boss lands.
Step 2: Use a JA'd Jabroga.
Step 3: Open the boxes.

Mikura
Mar 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-03-24 12:07, Zorafim wrote:

Also the PA exp boost. Even though it applies to all classes, it'll help gunner classes tremendously.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 02:12 PM
Lasers and Rifles, that is. Still, The Phantom Prism will be good for Lasers. Just that the regular elementals are going to get even better, all of a sudden. Sounds good to me, my ground laser is the furthest along. It looks like it'll really pack a punch, soon. My rifles (including my Phantom and my crazy-looking Kiujibahoh (aka. Jumanji to me) ) are about to get a heaping of "win", too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 12:14 ]</font>

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 02:14 PM
On 2008-03-24 12:09, Actual-Logik wrote:
Step 1: Wait until boss lands.
Step 2: Use a JA'd Jabroga.
Step 3: Get swiped, or miss as he flies back up.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3.
Step X-2: Switch to Majarra.
Step X-1: Notice you'd be done if you would have been using a handgun.
Step X: Get hit by thunder.

Fixed that for you.

Anduril
Mar 24, 2008, 02:16 PM
Wow, things just got a little more interesting, and I belive that this should quell those who complained that Master Classes would make Expert Classes obselete. I'm kinda leaning toward NOT wanting to use Mater Classes.

Mikura
On 2008-03-24 12:12, Akaimizu wrote:
Lasers and Rifles, that is. Still, The Phantom Prism will be good for Lasers. Just that the regular elementals are going to get even better, all of a sudden. Sounds good to me, my ground laser is the furthest along. It looks like it'll really pack a punch, soon. My rifles (including my Phantom and my crazy-looking Kiujibahoh (aka. Jumanji to me) ) are about to get a heaping of "win", too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 12:14 ]</font>

Yeah, rifle adjustment will be welcome too. Both lasers and rifles have fallen by the wayside in popularity lately so it'll be nice to see these two weapon types take prominence again.

EMPYREAN
On 2008-03-24 12:07, Zorafim wrote:

yea well im waiting for a 6th shot for shotguns at lv 31, SE 5(or is it SE 6, dont remember what it currently is) for riflebullets at 31 and S rank twins pistols for fortgunners.

but i guess it will never come

Mysterious-G
Meh, no more soloing, wha?
I think it`s good that way.
Now you at least have to have a party to do certain things done well.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
Or you could like, not miss with Jabroga.

But that is neither here nor there. The point is that lacking a handgun isn't too terribly large a problem, unless you are trying to solo (but soloing is stupid anyway).

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
Soon my pallet will be:::

Rifle
Rifle
Shotgun
Shotgun
Laser Cannon
Laser Cannon

And that's all she wrote

Princess1977
Mar 24, 2008, 02:21 PM

Seasonal event

Event missions

New battle types
* These three types will be able to equip only S-rank weapons and line shields. C, B and A weapons and line shields cannot be equipped. Units of all ranks can still be used, however.
* Due to the equipment restrictions of these three types, some missions cannot be cleared with a grade of S when soloed.

System updates

EDIT: Slight alteration. I missed "some" in the photon arts capping at LV50 note. Sorry about that!

EDIT#2: Forgot to add two notes on the three new types that I posted later in this thread.

Nice find! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I wanna be a Master Force (but the babel fish tranlater said it was called Master Forth lol) Where did you get yours translated from? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
I've been stupid these last three months? No way!

Really, partying sucks unless you like the people you're with. Even then, it's more fun being in small parties of less than five people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-03-24 12:23 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think people are forgetting one of the most imporant things about a class...the mods. Sure, things may appear somewhat balanced now, but this is ST guys. They may make the mods on the Master classes so high that we are shitting all over everything, even more so than now. Majarra on a class with a 400% ATP mod? They've done dumber things.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 02:25 PM
Well, stats are the reason I insult fighgunner and praise fortefighter. If it has something like 50% PP save and 500% atp, I'm sure not being able to attack all the bosses at every moment wouldn't be too bad.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
I tend to look beyond stats and go for what combination of what do you want to do. Otherwise, I'd probably be just like all of those players, who only gravitate to stat behemoths.

mvffin
Mar 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
yay techer boosts!

can't wait to see lvl 41 buffs. Buff twice per mission. LOL

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2008, 02:41 PM
Either way, I only use guns now.......I guess I just like capn' bitches

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
On 2008-03-24 12:21, Princess1977 wrote:
Nice find! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I wanna be a Master Force (but the babel fish tranlater said it was called Master Forth lol) Where did you get yours translated from? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My brain.

Reginaldo
Mar 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
I wish I could wrap my mind around why a Fighmaster cannot clear a mission with an S rank if a basic Hunter can when soloing.

Maybe each respective masterclass can only use the specific type of weapons their class describes?

Like Fighmaster = Melee only
Gunmaster = Ranged only
Masterforce = TECHs only (only wands, rod and TCSM? o_o)

Even in a scenario like that, that would only apply to like, Her Secret Mission, and one of the old online story missions. Both of which require you to use a gun for switches.

I just...don't know. >>

It's nice to truly anticipate something for PSU though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
On 2008-03-24 11:06, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I'm so glad I kept all those Hyper Viper, Viper, and Muzzlefever boards. Even if I never hit RB, the looks alone are enough for me.

Would you be a dear and keep some boards for me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
Well, if you are on the 360, I can definitely hold something for you. I think I at least have an extra Muzzlefever. Not sure what my count on Hyper Viper or Vipers are. I have to recheck to see if I have extras.

Princess1977
Mar 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
When do you guys think the US will get the Update?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
On 2008-03-24 13:05, Reginaldo wrote:
Like Fighmaster = Melee only
Gunmaster = Ranged only
Masterforce = TECHs only (only wands, rod and TCSM? o_o)
Well, Bows, Cards, and even Whips are really force weapons too.

Rashiid
Mar 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
Interesting....

Sylpheed
Mar 24, 2008, 03:19 PM

I lol'ed. Aside from the love inferno which everyone keeps referring to in defence of the rarity of guns, Fortegunner has the easiest time in getting good equipment.

Soryy but your statement is invalid. Go and look up a Shigga Desta with 10/10 grinds what is it? Like a crappy 11mil? ok Then go and look up a 10* 10/10 50% melee weapon and compare the prices.

Now im in no way trying to devalue gunner as a class, as they rock and i have one as well as a fighter. But, aside from the Rattlesnake and maybe the Baret to a lesser extent 10-11* guns really arent hard to come by, heck there are a cart load up for sale right now.

Tyliout
Mar 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
Well they are talking about restriction for master class so maybe it is if you d'ont have a s rank hand gun(i d'ont think that everyone have one) you w'ont be able to have a s rank clearing because you c'ant use a,b or c rank weapon and everything in s rank weapon is not available in the npc shop

So maybe all master type have access to s rank handgun the question is do you have such a weapon available

th0rnz
Mar 24, 2008, 03:20 PM
Fighgunners get S-rank handgun, twin handgun and mechgun? Yay?

Too bad my fighgunner also doubles as a guntecher so this news means *SHIT* to me.

If they would have given fighgunners s-rank crossbows I might care, or slicers.

Alizarin
Mar 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
On 2008-03-24 13:09, Princess1977 wrote:
When do you guys think the US will get the Update?

We usually get system/gameplay updates sooner than events and content updates, so I'm guessing possibly within a month after we get the next update (the PA exp adjustments, GT boosts, gun and sword changes, etc.)

So we're looking at a couple months from now at the earliest, given the best-case scenario.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
On 2008-03-24 13:20, th0rnz wrote:
Fighgunners get S-rank handgun, twin handgun and mechgun? Yay?

Too bad my fighgunner also doubles as a guntecher so this news means *SHIT* to me.

If they would have given fighgunners s-rank crossbows I might care, or slicers.

Well, I believe those are amongst the two S ranks the Figunners have been asking for, the most.

RadiantLegend
Mar 24, 2008, 03:27 PM
I dont use any ranged weapons as a fF so fighmaster sounds good but then

it better have sranks in Axe, sword, spear, knuckles, twin claws and twin sabers

If not ..... -_-;

pikachief
Mar 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
omg i dont feel dumb for selling my kazarod when it was expensive anymore! LOL

And now im glad i didnt sell my coni http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-03-24 13:07, omegapirate2k wrote:

Would you be a dear and keep some boards for me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I made them as I got them (during the Winter Event). I only kept one Hyper Viper, one Hyper Vipric, one Viper and one Vipric. The rest went to the group.

They're dirt cheap though, Mr. Penny-pincher.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
Shhhh. Don't tell 'im they're dirt cheap. I want him to believe that I actually have a non-Melee weapon that's worth some real meseta.
Er..... I didn't just type that out loud, did I?

Ragnarok_
Mar 24, 2008, 03:41 PM
Oh yea, buff every class except the class that needs it most.

Does anyone on the JP servers even play GT? They need all the S-Rank capabilities they can get.

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
GTs got the first buff, this time. They get a wand, attack tech, and TP boost just before this update, so I guess this update was the reason for the boost. As for Guntecher numbers, who knows. I can still handle monsters, even if I might be one of the rarest of the rare finds in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The TP boost will hopefully also make a major difference in the use of Left-handed shadoogs as well as tech casting. That would give an avenue of fast attack satisfaction without spending countless hours levelling bullets and techs. Something they were quite missing, before. Not to mention the faster increases to both PA arts then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 13:52 ]</font>

LeMan_Bayon
Mar 24, 2008, 03:53 PM
If masterforce gets 50 attack,50 support, s rank rods, and s rank tech mags in exchange for no ranged bows or cards I'm never looking back >.> (But that's just wishful thinking lol)

50/50 seems really broken but how else could they distribute that? If they made it 50/40 then wouldn't that be the new fortetecher? I suppose they could do 40/50, but then thats a little odd in regards to acrotecher being only 30/50(if they don't get attack 40 also). Will be very interesting to see how they do master force.

Edit: Hmm an interesting theory to the 50/50 could be the sudden increase in hp of fortetecher. Usually the best magic users have the lowest hp/def. So maybe they increased fortechers so that masterforces could be under them in hp to justify being better magic users?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2008-03-24 14:36 ]</font>

Dragwind
Mar 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
Wow, the fighgunner class just never ends to keep calling me to play it again. I keep getting good fighgunner equipment, but hardly play the class for some reason.

On a side note, woo! WT gets 30 support! That means finally, WTs can have better buffs than buff pills.

Until I see masterclass stat modifiers, not really excited. ;o

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 24, 2008, 03:58 PM
At least give Fighmaster and Masterforce C rank handgun support.........

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
So I guess the next question is when will we get some S rank non-element set twin and single claws? I'd hate to think I leveled up my twin claws for nothing.

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 04:08 PM
We need some decent Fighter S Rank armor. >_>

Akaimizu
Mar 24, 2008, 04:11 PM
We don't have decent Fighter S Rank armor? Not that I'm familiar with all the armors out there. I definitely don't have much in S rank armors, right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 14:12 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Mar 24, 2008, 04:12 PM
Normally I don't give a damn about their updates, but can't wait till they are released locally.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 04:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:03, desturel wrote:
So I guess the next question is when will we get some S rank non-element set twin and single claws? I'd hate to think I leveled up my twin claws for nothing.

Do you only use sets with twin and single claws?

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 04:16 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:11, Akaimizu wrote:
We don't have decent Fighter S Rank armor? Not that I'm familiar with all the armors out there. I definitely don't have much in S rank armors, right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-24 14:12 ]</font>

Eh...Orpa-senba's alright. Serafi-senba is good too, but both of those require Ortapolymer, and neither board is overly easy to come across.

Of those, only the Serafi-senba has an Extra slot, which I need. Rabol Lefba and Rabol Orpad don't have Extra slots and both have too much EVA on them.

Dirkster111
Mar 24, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:16, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2008-03-24 14:11, Akaimizu wrote:

Eh...Orpa-senba's alright. Serafi-senba is good too, but both of those require Ortapolymer, and neither board is overly easy to come across.

Of those, only the Serafi-senba has an Extra slot, which I need. Rabol Lefba and Rabol Orpad don't have Extra slots and both have too much EVA on them.

In about 10-15 runs of Moonlight Beasts I've gotten 4 Orpa-Senba boards, so it's not that hard to get.

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
Got the 80 Ortapolymer for them? >_>

Dirkster111
Mar 24, 2008, 04:27 PM
Nope, haven't been hunting Ortas but it wouldn't take too long to farm them. I've already got my S rank armor in every element.

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
I've been living off my two Storm Lines. >_> Needs more Extra Slot.

Ragnarok_
Mar 24, 2008, 04:40 PM
I will personally stray from using the Master classes. I'll stick to my normally used types. Last thing I need is someone yelling at me to use a handgun when I can't.

JAFO22000
Mar 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:40, Ragnarok_ wrote:
I will personally stray from using the Master classes. I'll stick to my normally used types. Last thing I need is someone yelling at me to use a handgun when I can't.

People yell at you to use a.....handgun???

That's a new one.

JC10001
Mar 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
Wow. I'd be kind of ticked off about only being able to use S ranks if I hadn't just completed my set of Storm Lines this past weekend. I wish we had more info about stats and exactly what weapons we can use. Gunmaster better have S rank access to every type of gun in the game. Heads will roll if gunmaster doesn't have access to S rank crossbows.

Also, you can add that one story mission where you have to break open the rubble with a saber to the list of missions that certain master classes won't be able to complete....since I'm guessing Gunmasters and Masterforces won't be able to use sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2008-03-24 14:47 ]</font>

Dein
Mar 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thinking about it, if they limit masterclasses to only one area of weapons each then only Fighmasters will suffer if they try to solo which wouldn't make sense since ST made it sound like all the new classes couldn't solo. Then again, this is ST so... I'll save any further judgement until I actually see the stats and try out FM on Thursday.

Telina
Mar 24, 2008, 05:16 PM
i forsee the prices of serafi-senbas doubling soon, and most of the armor market crashing.....

have to say though, only equip being S ranks....i didn't see that coming really, its a blessing and a curse it seems. Just depends on what part of the ball park your on

Indica
Mar 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:12, Sasamichan wrote:
Normally I don't give a damn about their updates, but can't wait till they are released locally.

heh, i remember back when, when you refused to believe these master classes were comming out

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
He's not the only one though. I for one thought the same as well. Anyone remember OlgaFlow DNA on PSO Ep1 and 2 ? I was imagining a similar scenario.

ashley50
Mar 24, 2008, 05:27 PM
oh goody...new classes to check out this coming JP update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Battlestar
Mar 24, 2008, 05:27 PM
On 2008-03-24 14:45, JC10001 wrote:
Wow. I'd be kind of ticked off about only being able to use S ranks if I hadn't just completed my set of Storm Lines this past weekend. I wish we had more info about stats and exactly what weapons we can use. Gunmaster better have S rank access to every type of gun in the game. Heads will roll if gunmaster doesn't have access to S rank crossbows.

Also, you can add that one story mission where you have to break open the rubble with a saber to the list of missions that certain master classes won't be able to complete....since I'm guessing Gunmasters and Masterforces won't be able to use sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2008-03-24 14:47 ]</font>

Crossbows.. a projectile based weapon yes, but not a gun..

Rayokarna
Mar 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
Seasonal event

Meh.

New battle types

After all this time of waiting look forward to them, it seems just a waste of time now. The class restriction put me off them completely. The way there layed out makes them near impossible for me to play.

System updates

Meh

None of the classes I play are effected by this.

I dont play Fighgunner anymore, so this doesn't effect me.

Support Techs other than Zondeel, Resta and Reverser I dont use. This is at means almost nothing in the end =/

ok then.

ok then

Seriously, WTF.

Awesome, Nosdiga is now cheaper to cast. This actually made me happy.

All in all. This update means almost nothing to me. I was hoping that the Master Class will be somewhat uber, but I guess it's just gonna be a class that will get over looked(These classes will be as popular as basics). Oh well, gotta look forward to the next update then.

Sylpheed
Mar 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
Seeing that the Easter Lobbies are only going to be up for a week is slightly lame and disheartening. It's times like this that i begin to wonder the mentality of some all of the ST staff that work on this game.

I mean seriously WTF, having a major european seasonal lobby up for one week when the Valentines lobbies were up for a ridiculously uneeded amount of time makes want to burn SEGA's HQ to the ground.

XenithFlare
Mar 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
So happy I made sure to collect a rainbow set of Storm Lines http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Oi, this update looks pretty nice, can't wait till it comes stateside, maybe I'll have my support techs to 30 by then, they're getting close, also the buff to wartecher support means I might consider playing it again.

Also I'm pleased by how they balanced the master classes as to not make our current ones obsolete.

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
On 2008-03-24 16:15, Sylpheed wrote:
Seeing that the Easter Lobbies are only going to be up for a week is slightly lame and disheartening. It's times like this that i begin to wonder the mentality of some all of the ST staff that work on this game.

I mean seriously WTF, having a major european seasonal lobby up for one week when the Valentines lobbies were up for a ridiculously uneeded amount of time makes want to burn SEGA's HQ to the ground.

If you played on the Japanese servers, I could understand your disappointment at the short Easter period. Keep in mind that the Japanese seasonal event schedule does not always reflect our schedule. Case in point: Valentine's Day. The Japanese PC/PS2 servers only had this event for two weeks while we, as you noted, had it for four. Who's to say that we won't get Easter for two weeks instead of one like the Japanese? Hey, we could even get it for three weeks like we did last year. Anyway, we'll find out for sure how long our Easter will last in the next few days.

Katrina
Mar 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
Kewl, ty for the update info Espio 8D

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 24, 2008, 06:56 PM
I love figh, so if I return, having S rank twins will be nice. I think I have some S rank twin boards sitting around. Though this sorta makes me not care as much about getting +10 of all the A rank dualies anymore.

I wanted to work on the mechgun bullets, now I actually have a reason to with S rank mechguns. Makes me glad I held onto my muzzlefever and fevic.

Sad they're stuck with A rank Xbows, but if they had S rank they'd pretty much be the best class in the game...

Master classes might be interesting, but I think people are right how they're going to work

Fighmaster, S rank every melee...
GunMaster S rank every gun....
Masterforce S rank all tech weapons... maybe bow/card as well?

Acromaster which comes later, I expect to have S rank 1 handed weapons. Maybe not all of them, but all melee 1-hand, wand, madoog, cards, handgun, shadoog.

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Mar 24, 2008, 07:24 PM
If acromaster ends up getting s-rank slicers and tech mags, I might consider it.

Celi-Ka
Mar 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
This update makes me smile. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Fighgunners finally get some love!

Telina
Mar 24, 2008, 07:59 PM
sooooooo, i notice they (or atleast espios) labeled some of the more interesting changes as "System updates" And if memory serves me right, the US servers often recieve the "system updates" before their equivalent debute date on our list of updates.....

What on that list do you think we'll be recieving early? its obvious not the masterclasses, but i ponder....hmmmm

omegapirate2k
Mar 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
On 2008-03-24 13:37, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2008-03-24 13:07, omegapirate2k wrote:

I made them as I got them (during the Winter Event). I only kept one Hyper Viper, one Hyper Vipric, one Viper and one Vipric. The rest went to the group.

They're dirt cheap though, Mr. Penny-pincher.

Sorry I was a nice guy and gave Esufer half of my money, gosh.

Billy960
Mar 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
GOD DAMN. I can't believe they are giving handguns, Twins and Mechs to Fighgunners. Thats so fucking broken. Man I really can't wait to get this update.

Shadwitz
Mar 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-03-24 19:11, Billy960 wrote:
GOD DAMN. I can't believe they are giving handguns, Twins and Mechs to Fighgunners. Thats so fucking broken. Man I really can't wait to get this update.

The only way to make me happier is to give fighgunner S rank swords out of nowhere like a sinow zoa.

But I DO need a reason to love playing PT, so. ~_~

Miyoko
Mar 24, 2008, 09:26 PM
I hate ST so much right now. :l lolbalance.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 24, 2008, 10:09 PM
You damn fighgunners, you stoled it the divine grace from the gunslingers (guntechers)
Ugh, just great, now ill see any phony fighgunner using my S dual pistols T.T
Im sad, i dont know why, but really sad. I really feel like Sonic Team decided to take the coolness from the Guntechers. Now this guys are more nurses than ever. Well, i guess its time to practice some fighgunners skills T.T

Jakosifer
Mar 24, 2008, 10:11 PM
... @ All the complaining in this thread.

I guess you can never please everyone Sonic Team! Kudos for trying though. http://i26.tinypic.com/331zorq.jpg

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2008, 10:44 PM
So, Fighgunner gets S rank doublesabers, twin daggers, dual handguns, and mechguns? The only way to make it a more noob attracting class is to give it S rank swords and a pet dragon now. It's almost like FFXI's Dark Knights (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/elvdrk.jpg).

Glad to see them get some buff to their ranged weapon side, though. Though this is due to my lack of ranged experience, playing the class just felt like playing fF with twin handguns (which was pretty much what I was, all things considered).

McLaughlin
Mar 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
Except retarded Dark Knights died quite quickly (but not before I died using Cover to "save" their asses. There's a recast timer on Provoke you stupid...Arrgh).

Xaeris
Mar 24, 2008, 11:12 PM
I don't see any reason to be up in arms about FI's weapons adjustment. The strongest dualies on either JP or NA are A rank, all machine guns are practically the same weapon as far as ATP and ATA go, and, well, lol handguns.

They just have something prettier to shoot now, big whoop.

Megalomax
Mar 24, 2008, 11:41 PM
...Im sorry if someone asked these questions this but... Ppl been telling me Master classes are gonna be coming in Max Attack G But the 27 Omg! And what do you need for Master

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2008, 11:43 PM
Didn't you read this thread at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

JP is just getting Master Types this coming update. Therefore, hardly anything is known about them. As for when US will get them, nobody except SEGA can say.

Megalomax
Mar 24, 2008, 11:46 PM
MM, ok Thank you! ^_^

DreXxiN
Mar 25, 2008, 12:15 AM
Since Max SE is 4, and level 31 buffs are level 4 SE...doesn't that mean fortetechers will have the same efffectiveness of buffs and heals as acrotechers, thus making them pointless..?

(No don't give me that, "Oh, it'll have longer range!" or "It'll last longer!" crap)

Powder Keg
Mar 25, 2008, 12:20 AM
Like Fighunner needs anything else. They already have an exclusive weapon to begin with. Fortegunner was the only other class that needed S rank twin pistols.

pionear
Mar 25, 2008, 12:35 AM
All along I said FighGunners should've gotten a least one S-Rank gun...

Phetty
Mar 25, 2008, 12:38 AM
On 2008-03-24 22:15, DreXxiN wrote:
Since Max SE is 4, and level 31 buffs are level 4 SE...doesn't that mean fortetechers will have the same efffectiveness of buffs and heals as acrotechers, thus making them pointless..?

(No don't give me that, "Oh, it'll have longer range!" or "It'll last longer!" crap)

Ok explain Vanda Merhas Lv5 burn? Its more potent then Lv 4 burn, and you can test that if you wish. I dont think anything has officially said SE5 does not exist. Just that Bows, Rifles, and attack Techs did not get them.

xRedd206x
Mar 25, 2008, 12:51 AM
So I'm guessing when they said these classes will have trouble, Fighmasters will have trouble cuz they have no more pistols, which means they can't do missions that needs a pistol to shoot a switch to get to another area for monsters or what not for the S rank.....=(

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
They may still have slicers though, which often do the job just as well.

Dein
Mar 25, 2008, 12:57 AM
Actually, if Fighmaster can use slicers then handguns won't be absolutely necessary. I was messing around today and saw that slicers can lock onto switches and hit them just like a handgun. I just hope that slicers are still available to FMs.

xRedd206x
Mar 25, 2008, 12:57 AM
Slicers can hit switchs??? nice.

Umberger
Mar 25, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-03-24 22:15, DreXxiN wrote:

If I recall correctly, in the AotI beta last year (there was no PA cap, i.e. you could get things to 50) the buff and debuff TECHNICs were the only PAs to receive SE5.

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 01:36 AM
That may have been since changed, though.

Also Fighmaster might have slicers, but it may not, it might just be for Acromaster instead, who knows?

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 25, 2008, 02:01 AM
On 2008-03-24 23:36, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
That may have been since changed, though.

Also Fighmaster might have slicers, but it may not, it might just be for Acromaster instead, who knows?

my prediction?
Fighmaster: Sword, Fist, Spear, Doublesaber, Axe, Twin Saber, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw

Gunmaster: Rifle, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Laser, Dual Handguns, Xbow, Mechgun

ForceMaster: Rod, Wand, Madoog, Bow, Card

in the future... Acromaster:
Saber, Dagger, Claw, Whip, Slicer, Handgun, Shadoog... maybe Card, Wand and Madoog

but if Acromaster doesn't have Card, Wand or Madoog, no weapons overlap, and they're all unique classes

only problem is Gunmaster has nothing to pair with Xbow or Mechgun, which makes me think they'll get a Saber or something, just for that reason

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-03-25 00:02 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 25, 2008, 02:44 AM
Hello 360 US sever user here..... i know we wont get this stuff for a long time but i still looked at it...........
Interesting stuff about the master classes.......... except for the restrictions.............. Where fighmaster will only use melle weapons....not even a single hand gun.......if thats the case....i "MAY" just stay as a FF since all my weapons are S anyway....except for my hand gun........

A question.........since whips are considered striking weapons....will that mean fighmaster can only use whips????
If so.....very interesting........

Cant wait to find the requirements so i can "slowly" level the right expert classes for the Fighmaster and Gunmaster classes...........

razkal
Mar 25, 2008, 10:04 AM
I think JACKEL may be right. Don't know what's gonna happen to the gunmaster's right hand though.

Maybe acromasters will get all one handed weapons??!!??

pikachief
Mar 25, 2008, 10:06 AM
acromasters SHOULD get all one-handed weapons cuz thats all ti uses...

and i relly dont see a point at all in a GUNMASTER needed a striking weapon lol

who cares if oyur other hand is empty >.>

Andy1423
Mar 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
I think what they're doing is basically making MASTER classes use only weapons that fill up each hand with their class weapon. Master of Two-handed weaponry.
this is my prediction

..........***although it's still a mystery what they're going to do with single pistols***.........

Andy1423
Mar 25, 2008, 10:14 AM
I care if it's empty, because to me that equates a lack of game design and laziness from SEGA.

You should be able to pair up pistols and or put a SHEILD/BARRIER in the other hand.

I'm guessing a lot of people got the can that were working on PSU from the beginning.

McLaughlin
Mar 25, 2008, 10:48 AM
On 2008-03-25 08:14, Andy1423 wrote:
I care if it's empty, because to me that equates a lack of game design and laziness from SEGA.

You should be able to pair up pistols and or put a SHEILD/BARRIER in the other hand.

I'm guessing a lot of people got the can that were working on PSU from the beginning.

The same argument could be made for Fighmasters lacking an offhand weapon (assuming they don't have one). Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

XenithFlare
Mar 25, 2008, 10:51 AM
So... many people... complaining they can't solo... in an online game... O.o;

McLaughlin
Mar 25, 2008, 11:26 AM
I don't understand all of the hullabaloo. If you want to solo that bad, play an Advanced Class if you must to get the job done.

Andy1423
Mar 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
I don't have a problem with the soloing thing.

There's probably good reason for (this is speculation) taking away the Fighmasters pistol, which wouldn't allow for S rank stage clear(s), but really if your soloing your not usually looking for PA frags or Mission points, you know what im sayin'. I'd rather give up the ability to S rank one mission (cause there's no way master classes just can't s rank missions...that's plain silly) for the exchange of nasty dominating master power.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
LOL @ people thinking the masterclasses would be perfect until they found out it had some restrictions.

DEM_CIG
Mar 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-03-25 10:34, -Tidus_415- wrote:
LOL @ people thinking the masterclasses would be perfect until they found out it had some restrictions.

I always liked the hybird classes more than the Forte classes. PT + AT FTW!!!

-Tidus_415-
Mar 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
It's going to be hilarious looking at a Fighmaster trying to kill a Shagreece but wont be able to because it ended up flying up beyond melee reach.

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'll definitely give the Master classes a go. Though I think I may utilize a new character design for one who might remain a master class. I'd probably have Hybrid withdrawal if I ever had all my characters being non-Hybrids. I kind of blame PSO, since technically, almost everybody could be considered a Hybrid in that game.

Andy1423
Mar 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
It's going to be hilarious looking at a Fighmaster trying to kill a Shagreece but wont be able to because it ended up flying up beyond melee reach.

Rising strike Jago

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-25 10:54 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
All I've ever wanted was to tear shit up with guns and nothing but. Let the fighters get kicked in the teeth. I'll gladly give up my Spear for Lvl 50 bullets and eye-gouging S rank Xbow visuals.

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2008, 12:57 PM
When I'm back into full swing, I will hunt thost S rank Xbows to no end. That True Darkness map will have my character's name etched upon it. "Tynselle wuz here." Because graffitti in animated worlds never spells 'wuz' as 'was'.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 25, 2008, 01:03 PM
On 2008-03-25 10:53, Andy1423 wrote:

Rising strike Jago

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-25 10:54 ]</font>

lolno. I said beyond melee reach. There are times when it flys up too high and you cant even see it when you stand under it. Rising Stike cant save you.

lvyhd
Mar 25, 2008, 01:05 PM
well finally we'll know the dam prequisites for these master classes and now we can xpect them soon for the us

Andy1423
Mar 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
HELLZ YAH! This thurs will be awesome

There are times when it flys up too high and you cant even see it when you stand under it. Rising Stike cant save you.

What goes up, must come down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-25 11:14 ]</font>

pikachief
Mar 25, 2008, 01:19 PM
On 2008-03-25 11:03, -Tidus_415- wrote:

On 2008-03-25 10:53, Andy1423 wrote:

Rising strike Jago

lolno. I said beyond melee reach. There are times when it flys up too high and you cant even see it when you stand under it. Rising Stike cant save you.

tahts weird, i make sure to knock down each one before they can fly and take them out very quickly with knowckdown PAs :/

Birds are never a problem for my fighter if i can get them quick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
Doesn't something like this make you wonder how Guardians are so dependant on their Nano-transformers that they don't bother to just use their hands to do remedial, but effective, things?

If you don't have a specific weapon to hit high air targets, obviously there's just no way anybody could just pick up a rock and throw it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-25 11:23 ]</font>

XDeathX
Mar 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
On 2008-03-25 10:50, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Slicer FTW as well as knock down PAs. Like to see them fly high now. Hardly any flying enemies anyway especially in popular missions and as for Dimmagolous. Stalk him with an axe with Jabroga all fired up.