PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: They...died??

Ramadonis
Mar 24, 2008, 02:04 PM
Wow...okay, long story short, I am a male CAST Acrofighter with a side of Wartecher...why I delved into Wartecher, I may never know but for some insane reason, I like the job.

However, being level 60 something with level 1 techs...is quite the hindrance so I have decided to test a controversial method of tech leveling.

The infamous Scarred Planet S tech spammage.

I decided to go in as a level 2 wartecher, Girapit mag with just Foie on it. Took off any TP boosting units I may have had on. Set up the mobs and joy2key...and had at it.

I started this yesterday while watching I am Legend and some other horror movies and noticed no problems at all. I was only deal a pathetic 150 some odd dmg with each cast...which made me think of making a Newman alt >_>.

Anyways, around 4 AM, I needed some sleep....woke up around 10 AM today to see my CAST...still casting but at nothing. There were no mobs, just the leader, spamming resta on himself...my foie sat at a grand level 15 *Better than 1*.

But I was baffled...How did this pathetic caster...at level 60...kill five mobs with foie...a slow casting foie... I am still dumb struck and have determined that simply leveling heals and buffs would be a better choice for my CAST...cause this seems kinda pointless imo.

Is there some sort of mission reset that I dont know of...did they all get the hint that they were being exploited and despawn? Did a GM ninja into my game, killed the mobs, lol'd and run off leaving a Kick Me sign on my back??

...I'm stumped and apologize for the long story...when I said it would be short. For those of you who read all this...there will be cake...>_>

Anduril
Mar 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Thats odd. Maybe they just despawned like some random enemies do even when they haven't reached the despawn line? Adn just to be sure: Is the cake a lie, or is it chocolate?

Xefi
Mar 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
the enemies were probably tire and decided to take a break. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You know that they needed sleep too? LOL.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
Was the king on the same side as the other enemies? If so you may have stunned him with Foie a couple of times and interupted his Resta enough times to let the vahras die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

desturel
Mar 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
The cake is a lie!!!

Anyway, remember the foie has level 2 burn and only costs 8 pp to cast. If you are hitting one spawn repeatedly with foie, eventually the burn plus the low PP cost leading to quick recasts will lead to death the suffering. Even if it's only killing them one at a time, it's doing more damage per hit than say... burning shot level 1.

If you had a sori/tech which doubles the PP cost per cast and use a Pit over a Pegic you might be a bit better off.

BTW, this is advice coming from someone who doesn't AFK level so I don't know if that's the best method.

Micki_Monday
Mar 24, 2008, 03:41 PM
Erm, I think it's the burn SE. It shouldn't matter what level they, or you, are. Burn is burn lol.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2008, 03:44 PM
well that too, but burn itself can't kill an enemy, I don't think. So it was probably a combination of Burn getting them to low (1) hp, the king being knocked out of resta by a Foie, and then another foie finishing each of them off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ramadonis
Mar 25, 2008, 02:20 AM
Nah, I had the King next to me the whole time so he was untouched...Oh well...That worked out well, but I should level the techs that are actually useful to a CAST Wartecher rofl...

not that I care too much about races...as soon as lv 41 techs come out way...a new Fortetecher will be born >_>

LeMan_Bayon
Mar 25, 2008, 02:28 AM
It's most likely because when you cast a spell you move slightly. Overtime this adds up and messes up your positioning. When you move, the vahra also start move more as the try to reach you. Sometimes they get stuck, and the farther away you get the easier it is for the leaders resta to miss them while they run back and forth from you to the leader when he does his call. Sometimes you need to set yourself to keep walking into the corner to prevent this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2008-03-25 00:31 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:31 AM
Don't you slide forward, though?