PDA

View Full Version : ep4?

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:00 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before. I know EP3 is not done yet. but i wonder if sega plan on extending this... If so I kinda hope they drop the ps2 version. No offense to the ps2 players but, if they would move on to like pc ps3 and xbox360 it would further the content making stuff downloadable instead having to package the whole thing on a disc and releasing little by little every month.

i bet we would see less reskinned bosses lol...

Chuck_Norris
Mar 25, 2008, 02:07 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:00, ngagerebel wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted before. I know EP3 is not done yet. but i wonder if sega plan on extending this... If so I kinda hope they drop the ps2 version. No offense to the ps2 players but, if they would move on to like pc ps3 and xbox360 it would further the content making stuff downloadable instead having to package the whole thing on a disc and releasing little by little every month.

i bet we would see less reskinned bosses lol...

I don't see why everyone thinks PS2 can't download. We can download updates. We can save them to our memory card. Sega is just lazy, that's why they give us everything on the disc, and reskin the bosses. Dropping PS2 would change nothing.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:11 AM
8megs of space is not a whole lot of space to download updates. im talking about massive updates that other online RPGs do. like wow's updates are atleast 50megs, and when new content is released it can go up to a gig.

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:12 AM
The update file is pretty large for a PS2 memory card, actually, I doubt it could take much more than that without having to have a dedicated card, or an increased file size one.

Had Sony not discontinued the PS2 HDD, things would be a whole lot simpler.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:14 AM
im not trying to start a flame war, i just think the ps2 is a great system... just not for online RPGS... everquest adventures anyone???? that was a horrid game... and i played it lol

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 25, 2008, 02:15 AM
Someone over on the JP side officially announced that Episode 3 would be the final episode of the current story.

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
The reskinned bosses aren't the PS2's fault, it's just that Sonic Team has grown lazy in recent years.

I've seen other games handle a lot more action with better graphics and many more enemies with better AI without slowdown, Sonic Team just doesn't know how to code properly.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:15, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Someone over on the JP side officially announced that Episode 3 would be the final episode of the current story.

what... why???? The story is just getting good. they cant wrap this up in 5 more episodes

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:18 AM
You'd think they'd make four, just to keep in tradition.

GuardianElite
Mar 25, 2008, 02:19 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:17, ngagerebel wrote:

what... why???? The story is just getting good. they cant wrap this up in 5 more episodes

[spoiler-box]
Ethan and co. Defeated the Seed..[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-03-25 00:20 ]</font>

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:20 AM
aslong as they dont try to do the card game again. i'll be happy lol

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:21 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:19, GuardianElite wrote:

[spoiler-box]
They Defeat the Seed..[/spoiler-box]

i hardly doubt in storyline they can wrap it up in a couple of episodes giving how deep the seed involvement has gotten

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:24 AM
I rather liked episode 3, actually.

But then, I do enjoy a good card battle game now and again.

GuardianElite
Mar 25, 2008, 02:24 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:21, ngagerebel wrote:

On 2008-03-25 00:19, GuardianElite wrote:

[spoiler-box]
They Defeat the Seed..[/spoiler-box]

i hardly doubt in storyline they can wrap it up in a couple of episodes giving how deep the seed involvement has gotten

Some thread had posted screen shots of screens of the ending some time ago

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:25 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:21, ngagerebel wrote:
i hardly doubt in storyline they can wrap it up in a couple of episodes giving how deep the seed involvement has gottenDid you play through ep1? They could just pull another stunt like that ending, but do it properly.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:25 AM
has jp gotten all of the episodes? what about the illuminus? where is this spoiler cause if sega pulls this "defeat the big bad guy and poof everything is fine" bs im gonna be pissed

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2008, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

GuardianElite
Mar 25, 2008, 02:27 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:25, ngagerebel wrote:
has jp gotten all of the episodes? what about the illuminus? where is this spoiler cause if sega pulls this "defeat the big bad guy and poof everything is fine" bs im gonna be pissed

Its called ripping data of the disc

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:32 AM
is this info posted some where? im curious to see now

GuardianElite
Mar 25, 2008, 02:38 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160880&forum=11
here the thread

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=157550&forum=22
here the thread with screenies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-03-25 00:42 ]</font>

vfloresjr24
Mar 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
well if episode 3 is the last one that leaves room for a new Phantasy star game to come out. Maybe they will improve it by making it for PC/PS3 and Xbox360 only and utilize the Hardware and stuff available to them. Either way I like the story.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 02:55 AM
grrrrr... Sega broke my heart again... especially with no closure on PSO...

ok my question is where the hell was laia in the movie... is she gonna die lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ngagerebel on 2008-03-25 00:56 ]</font>

landman
Mar 25, 2008, 04:03 AM
Ep3 will be the end of the SEED and Illuminut but who knows if there will be more story episodes.

Episode 4 could be:

A romantic comedy. Your character gets involved with some of the NPC and you have to make them happy :3

A detective's story. Ethan Waver was found murdered and you have to find the culprit O:

A Sports competition. The Gurhal system starts a league of X sport and then starts again the rivalry betwen them...

A crossover. The Guardians time/space travel to Ragol and you play cards with the Hunters of Pioneer 2

A prequel crossover. You play cards with Rico and Flowen

Mysterious-G
Mar 25, 2008, 04:07 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:38, GuardianElite wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160880&forum=11
here the thread

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=157550&forum=22
here the thread with screenies

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-03-25 00:42 ]</font>

I actually highly doubt that this is the ending of Episode 3. It looks more like an alternate ending of Episode 1. I cannot see Laia on the pics, and Ethan is wearing his old clothes.
(And I hope Hyuga dies, the cool charas always have to die. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-03-25 02:10 ]</font>

Sylpheed
Mar 25, 2008, 04:17 AM
On 2008-03-25 00:25, ngagerebel wrote:

I find it quite funny that you are dissapointed at the ending storyline to this game. Ever since the offline story mode (EP1) this story has been made of fail. PSU is the outwright winner in having the worst PS storyline to date, i know it and hopefully so does everyone else.

ST just don't care anymore. The PS series is one of the oldest RPG series to date which makes ST think they can do a half assed job and the game will still do well (look how that turned out). The sad fact is, the storyline on PSU sucks balls.

Yuneiko
Mar 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
Kind of a derailment here, but it would not be a smart move to drop off PS2 support, since it's THE system with the biggest installed userbase. I know it's getting on in the years, but not everyone has a PS3 or a 360 or even a Wii for that matter. As a company, SEGA is out to profit, so dropping off support for the biggest userbase would be a financially killer move. At least, that's how I see it, and why I don't hold out for a "true next-gen" phantasy star as of yet. Case in point, see Persona 4. A new game in development by Atlus for the PS2, due to the fact that developing for the PS3 or even 360 for that matter would cost more than Atlus is worth.

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-03-25 09:02, Yuneiko wrote:
Kind of a derailment here, but it would not be a smart move to drop off PS2 support, since it's THE system with the biggest installed userbase. I know it's getting on in the years, but not everyone has a PS3 or a 360 or even a Wii for that matter. As a company, SEGA is out to profit, so dropping off support for the biggest userbase would be a financially killer move. At least, that's how I see it, and why I don't hold out for a "true next-gen" phantasy star as of yet. Case in point, see Persona 4. A new game in development by Atlus for the PS2, due to the fact that developing for the PS3 or even 360 for that matter would cost more than Atlus is worth.

right ps2 would be perfect for any other game. Just not Online RPGS. It cannot handle the amount of data, reason why when FF11 came out it required a hard drive. But sony kinda screwed themselves over when they game out with the PS2 slim it lost all of expandbility. I played psu on the ps2 and when i would be in a room with a bunch of people. it would take 10mins for peopels avatars to load. I would be just dealing with a bunch of grey statues and the loading time it took from each block was horrid.

Sinue_v2
Mar 25, 2008, 08:08 PM
I don't see why they couldn't wrap the whole thing up in 5 more chapters. So far, we've already dealt with the aftermath of Ep II, United with the Rogues, United with the COG, and soon (defeat Mother Brain) be United with Parum. So that's one more chapter, leaving four. Seems plenty enough time to deal with the Illumines and Rykros. Perhaps not a desirable amount of time... but a sufficent amount at least.

As for Ep IV, I doubt we'll see it. We already have four episodes. Ep I, Ep II, PSP, Ep III. It's not like Phantasy Star I was on the Genesis (outside of limited edition fashion), and it's like Blue Burst was on the NGC or DC. It's a platform change, that's all.

I do see ONE more Expansion pack coming along, but it will pretty much be a content only expansion. Likely, it will feature Ep III offline mode - and online will new missions, new weapons, new clothes, new decorations, new events, etc... but no new storyline aside from perhaps some trivial side-story stuff. I just doubt that they would the finale to their series online-only to be wiped out when the servers go down, leaving their game from then on without an ending.

Rescue
Mar 25, 2008, 08:28 PM
wait a minute.... the ps2 has a bigger installment but doesnt have as many people who play it compared to 360? I thought the 360 had more people playing it though....

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2008, 08:38 PM
FFXI had PS2 support, and I didn't feel limited by them at all. We got regular content upgrades every month or so, including new armor with new visuals. All the expansions were for were new zones and missions.

And oh God, that has to be the worst ending to anything I've ever seen. I really hope it was good up until that point. Though judging from the last two story missions, that's not very likely...

ngagerebel
Mar 25, 2008, 09:15 PM
On 2008-03-25 18:28, Rescue wrote:
wait a minute.... the ps2 has a bigger installment but doesnt have as many people who play it compared to 360? I thought the 360 had more people playing it though....

yeah not nearly as many ps2 players as xbox 360, xbox360 can have two universes filled to the max, ps2 may have one filled to the max and times... I just dont see why sega had to seperate the 360 from everyone else. who cares about the voice chat function.

Blueblur
Mar 25, 2008, 11:17 PM
On 2008-03-25 19:15, ngagerebel wrote:

yeah not nearly as many ps2 players as xbox 360, xbox360 can have two universes filled to the max, ps2 may have one filled to the max and times... I just dont see why sega had to seperate the 360 from everyone else. who cares about the voice chat function.

Its not Sega who choose to have it separate. They're pretty much forced to do it because Xbox Live is a closed platform that Microsoft has control over.

ngagerebel
Mar 26, 2008, 02:28 AM
On 2008-03-25 21:17, Blueblur wrote:

On 2008-03-25 19:15, ngagerebel wrote:

Its not Sega who choose to have it separate. They're pretty much forced to do it because Xbox Live is a closed platform that Microsoft has control over.

not true, ff11 is not restricted.

Sensei_Sin
Mar 26, 2008, 07:17 AM
On 2008-03-26 00:28, ngagerebel wrote:

SEGA got lazy and/or didn't agree with Microsoft.

As for EP4?
I dont think they will do that since the story (so far) is really cheesy and hardly worth being part of the PS legacy.

Maybe "new" missions (harder difficulties) and the re-fishing of old PSO items and clothes until ppl are too confused to be sure if they're playing PSU or PSO......

ngagerebel
Mar 28, 2008, 01:28 AM
On 2008-03-26 05:17, Sensei_Sin wrote:

On 2008-03-26 00:28, ngagerebel wrote:

SEGA got lazy and/or didn't agree with Microsoft.

As for EP4?
I dont think they will do that since the story (so far) is really cheesy and hardly worth being part of the PS legacy.

Maybe "new" missions (harder difficulties) and the re-fishing of old PSO items and clothes until ppl are too confused to be sure if they're playing PSU or PSO......

lol that would be cool... some remakes of old pso guild missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xRedd206x
Mar 28, 2008, 01:33 AM
Psu C.A.R.D. is sounding pretty nice right now!
OH.... Found me an Ethan++

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xRedd206x on 2008-03-27 23:35 ]</font>