PDA

View Full Version : Online

Norco
Mar 25, 2008, 07:11 AM
Yoo ^_^

I am planning on starting on playing PSU online, but so far I've only been playing PSU offline, so is there anything I should think of? I plan on making a HUmar(err.. Human, sry old PSO habbit).

When I've played offline it was mainly because I wanted to know the story, I am still no fimiliar with all the systems.

Any advice would be most appricieted ^_^

RedMussel
Mar 25, 2008, 07:13 AM
Get the expansion first, then make what ever race and type you like playing ^-^, its fairly easy to level. If you on the 360 i can show you around and stuff.

Mysterious-G
Mar 25, 2008, 07:15 AM
DON`T DO IT!
Well, I actually do not really know what kind of advice you want? ;o
If you are willed to play online, do it. If you are already experienced, you should have no problems.
Of course there are more community functions, but you should learn how they work quite fast.
Hm. :0

icewyrm
Mar 25, 2008, 07:21 AM
Make a male beast fortefighter first, then use it to collect all the gear you won't use when you don't play your other characters.

Norco
Mar 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
Ah ok thanks ^_^
Oh right I forgot to mention, I play the PC version and I live in europe so I'll most likely be online when it's afternoon in europe.

goaferboy
Mar 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
Bear in mind that it takes longer to level up online and you also have to pick a more specific class. For example, you wont have access to as many weapons per class as you did offline.

Plus the online story seems a bit weaker. Its mainly just spamming the same missions for Exp or rares.

Online is still better though, since you get to play with real people. Well, sometimes real people, sometimes children.

Norco
Mar 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up about lvling slower, guess I'll be working abit on killing mobs more effectively before I go online I think, shouldn't be to much trouble ^_^

Yuneiko
Mar 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
I guess I'm late yet again to another newcomer topic, but since you're on PC/PS2 servers, feel free to look me up, i'll be happy to help. Just find me or leave a bulletin board message at Yuneiko's shop.

Xefi
Mar 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
do tutorial to get your first NPC and do story mode to get your second npc; they can help you a bit if you decide to solo.
Also, you can start a Cast and play around with shotgun; shotgun's bullets can do good damage at higher level and level up quicker than most other guns. Ever since AoI came out, the amount of mesetas were dropping more now, so you shouldn't have a lot of difficult getting money.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 25, 2008, 11:33 AM
What are your character names going to be? If I see you, I'll lend a hand.

Norco
Mar 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
I don't have AoI yet and short on cash irl so I'll be starting with just the normal PSU, gonna make a Human called Norco.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Just buy AotI then. It's standalone, you don't need the original PSU.

Xefi
Mar 25, 2008, 03:54 PM
yeah, why not just save up and buy yourself AoI expansion? Most updates only affect AoI; you're just going to waste more money if you pay the monthly fee and play the original. Save that instead and go buy AoI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-03-25 14:05 ]</font>

EMPYREAN
Mar 25, 2008, 04:09 PM
agreed. and since moust of the ppl play in AOI only missions, it can be hard to find ppl doing the old missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EMPYREAN on 2008-03-25 14:10 ]</font>