PDA

View Full Version : What kinda PM do you raise?

Elzam
Mar 25, 2008, 09:56 PM
I see a few guides here and there, saying on how to make a pure striking/ranged/technic, etc Partner Machine.

My question is, do most people do this? If I wanted to create a (more or less), half Ranged, half Technic PM, would this be a good idea from an item synthesis standpoint? Or suppose I wanted to mix it up even more, and make a 25% Striking/25% Ranged/25% Technic/25% Armor, could I still attempt to make S Rank weapons and armor, could I still do this with a reasonable chance of success?

Oh, two more unrelated question. Do Machine Guns have First Person view? And is there an option that you can set where you can automatically use a left handed weapon if there isn't anything in the right hand? Say, for example, you've got a machine gun in the left hand, and nothing in the right. Is there an option you can set so it defaults to the left hand, so you don't need to hold down the off-hand weapon button?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elzam on 2008-03-25 20:03 ]</font>

Talise
Mar 26, 2008, 12:36 AM
Agreed. Yep, third person only. It's called technic/weapon swap, I think it would automatically switch to the only weapon though, dun know, I might be mistaken.

Elzam
Mar 26, 2008, 08:14 AM
On 2008-03-25 21:08, Thanubis wrote:
I use a 25/25/25/25 PM offline, but I would recommend nothing but a pure PM in online mode.

Thanks for all the responses so far. Just in line with what you said, the reason for using a pure PM is why? Does it gimp it in combat? Does it make it really difficult to syntheszie S ranks weapons?

Oh, one more thing, from some of the posts I've been reading it seems like you can get more than one PM in the game. How do you do this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elzam on 2008-03-26 06:20 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 26, 2008, 08:36 AM
Put it this way:

When you fail an S rank, you will wish it was pure.

Talise
Mar 26, 2008, 12:00 PM
with a pure strike PM, you can get up to 91% chance of synthing SOME S rank strike weapons, need I say more? =D

Celi-Ka
Mar 27, 2008, 02:23 AM
On 2008-03-26 06:14, Elzam wrote:

On 2008-03-25 21:08, Thanubis wrote:
I use a 25/25/25/25 PM offline, but I would recommend nothing but a pure PM in online mode.

Thanks for all the responses so far. Just in line with what you said, the reason for using a pure PM is why? Does it gimp it in combat? Does it make it really difficult to syntheszie S ranks weapons?

Oh, one more thing, from some of the posts I've been reading it seems like you can get more than one PM in the game. How do you do this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elzam on 2008-03-26 06:20 ]</font>

You create other characters, only for the purpose of raising them in the stat you want them to be pure in. It's how a lot of players have pure PM's in all 4 areas.

panzer_unit
Mar 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
I cook S-ranks all the time on a PM with 60 striking, or another with 80 range... but I let a friend with a pure do the ones I care about :

A mixed-type partner machine is pretty good for A-rank equipment where you can just buy more boards and materials if you fail... there's nothing wasted really, I make tech weapons all the time on a machine with just 20 tech... but when it comes to rares each board is only one shot and like amtal said you're gonna regret not having the absolute maximum % chance.

Talise
Mar 27, 2008, 05:10 PM
are you serious, 9 star weapons are just about the most difficult weapons to make, you need a pure for that unless you're casually making 7 stars and 8 stars.