PDA

View Full Version : Your Record of Failure at Bruce S

Xefi
Mar 25, 2008, 11:35 PM
I just want to know how many failures you ladies and gentlemen got in this mission. And if you like, you can tell us your embarassing story of how in the world you ended up failing so much as well.

So post all your failures here for the sake of humanity (not really). Just post away!

My record of failures:
[spoiler-box]As for me, I was playing with Magenta, Primera, Sega Dreamcast, and Bifrost earlier today at Bruce S, and we failed to achieve or even make it to the end of the stage for 10 straight times in a row. Most of the failures goes to Brucy the almighty baldy. I dont know, we probably just got SUPER bad luck at that time. It was so embarassing that i was dying of horror from it. I might even get nightmare for so much failures like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif[/spoiler-box]

darkante
Mar 25, 2008, 11:42 PM
Well i havenīt really tried Bruce S yet cause i am on all Jaoīs hunt.

But back when Bruce mission were first released.
I have met alot of idiots running it.

One who had to babysit Bruce, just didnīt really care what we said or take any tips.
He were like "You donīt have to tell me what to do"
Then he just run at the enemies...BOOM *Dead*
We didnt say anything at first but at second attempt..he did it again.
I was like..jesus man..where the hell is your brain?!
Did the monkey run off with it or something.
And then we all left.

pikachief
Mar 26, 2008, 12:06 AM
idk i dotn play it cuz people keep dying.

The first time i finished bruce i was in a party where

2 gunners where leveling up new rifle PAs, the Beast FF let their little brother play(who was also leveling PAs), one of the gunners for half the run went to the bathroom, and the techer REFUSED TO HEAL X.x

We somehow still beat it lol.

the second time i beat it, our team beat it 3 times in a row with the exact same time. 3 times ina row we had 15 seconds left before A rank D:

Mewnie
Mar 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
First day: Jadg (PT), Celi (PT), Shiina (FF), Mats (AF) and me (WT). We failed about three/four times, quite spectacularly. Then me and Jagd switched to FF and Shiina to AT. After that, perfect record.

Majarra for the Vandas and Renzan for the Bils. Easypeasy :3

pikachief
Mar 26, 2008, 12:22 AM
On 2008-03-25 22:12, Mewnie wrote:
First day: Jadg (PT), Celi (PT), Shiina (FF), Mats (AF) and me (WT). We failed about three/four times, quite spectacularly. Then me and Jagd switched to FF and Shiina to AT. After that, perfect record.

Majarra for the Vandas and Renzan for the Bils. Easypeasy-leomonsqueezy :3

fixed D:

Mewnie
Mar 26, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'll squeeze your lemons!

But really, it's not that hard. Just don't go in there with pubbies.

edit: late night sleepytyping ftl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2008-03-25 22:32 ]</font>

Alizarin
Mar 26, 2008, 12:49 AM
Let's see, let me count the ways ...

Bil De Vear Punch @ Bruce x 4
Bil De Vear Spin @ Bruce x 10
Bil De Vear Foie @ Bruce x 3

Vanda Damfoie @ Bruce x 2
Vanda Doublefoie @ Bruce x 1

Player Incapacitated x 4

These are all with different parties (including the setup mentioned above). Good times. I wish there was a "Sit in the corner" command for bruce.

Trey
Mar 26, 2008, 12:53 AM
done it three times already failed 3 times cause bruce spontanously(spelled wrong i think)combusted
for who knows what reason...

Cz
Mar 26, 2008, 01:03 AM
Yes, just blame it all on the baldy man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I don't know what Sega Team was thinking when they decided to put him in the mission.

Your chance of getting S or finished the mission:
With Bruce = 50% Without Bruce = 90%
So in the end, Bruce....you silly old man, just retire for the youth to survive. Please! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cz on 2008-03-25 23:05 ]</font>

hiraisho
Mar 26, 2008, 01:04 AM
tried a few times but never completed the mission, always death by Bil De Vear stun then spin on the stunned one.

darkante
Mar 26, 2008, 01:25 AM
On 2008-03-25 23:04, hiraisho wrote:
tried a few times but never completed the mission, always death by Bil De Vear stun then spin on the stunned one.

Go and hunt for a stun/resist.
Solution solved.

icewyrm
Mar 26, 2008, 01:35 AM
I didn't get a chance to fail, i only played it a couple of times and everyone else in the party was very good so I could've probably just sat around doing nothing and they still would have finished it in time :/

Celi-Ka
Mar 26, 2008, 01:45 AM

The last failure I remember we took 2 seconds too long. I remember being quite vocal about that one.

Kylie
Mar 26, 2008, 01:56 AM
I haven't run Bruce S often. Not because I don't want to, but because no one I know seems to want to. >_> My ratio is probably something like three fails to three good runs, and we failed all times because of Bruce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-03-25 23:57 ]</font>

Lighthero
Mar 26, 2008, 02:04 AM
Well let's see. The first times were a total FAILURE. Cuz me and my friend (FT and AT) my friend got killed all the time by those bil the vear's then...when we knew how everything was...it was bruce's time to get killed. LOL...But now. meh, It goes fine I guess...

And now my other party of friends...They fuck up stupid parts...They even left me behind by mistake at the switches XD. Well yeah...And things like that. Could've gotten a better time if those small parts won't be keeping to fuck up lol...

hiraisho
Mar 26, 2008, 09:16 AM
On 2008-03-25 23:25, darkante wrote:

On 2008-03-25 23:04, hiraisho wrote:

Go and hunt for a stun/resist.
Solution solved.

have been, no luck on a drop yet

BFGfreak
Mar 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
Whenever I'm Protranser, we usually win (the only exeption is if I'm in a party that decides to split up, the side that I don't go on has a person who dies) but I did have a near-miss, we were at the end, last spawn, all of the sudden, I see Bruce's health bar flash red shortly before it filled back up, yet we didn't fail the mission. My guess was that our techer was in the midst of casting Giresta when Bruce got KO'd and I'd guess lag was involved, but I swear (as well as everyone in the party) that bruce died for a split second.

Alizarin
Mar 26, 2008, 10:02 AM
On 2008-03-26 07:53, BFGfreak wrote:
My guess was that our techer was in the midst of casting Giresta when Bruce got KO'd and I'd guess lag was involved, but I swear (as well as everyone in the party) that bruce died for a split second.

Happened more than once with me. I managed to "revive" Bruce at least three times. For some reason his death doesn't register immediately, more like it has to wait until Bruce is on the ground and stops moving. Or something. I don't watch Bruce, I watch his health.

pikachief
Mar 26, 2008, 10:40 AM
I've only died twice.

Once on my female beast. I went to go trap the bil de vear through the teleporter at the end, and right when i walked up to him he SPUN AT ME AND I GO HIT IN THE FACE WITH 4 DIGAS >.< cuz someone when invincible beast and i didnt know lol.

And once on my male cast. I was left to doa ertain part alone adn was damfoied by 4 vandas at once then smacked in the face by the dorha gohra or w/e with my pallet open at my trimate! NNNnnnnnonoNONONOooooOoOOOOoo

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2008, 12:06 PM
The 1st time I did Bruce S, Bruce died in the 2nd room x_x (no techer in the party).
2nd try, a techer joined us (I think guntecher or wartecher, don't remember), on 2nd block the techer got stunned by a vear, and then I think it was a vear punch or a spin...
3rd try, I think Bruce died near the end...or Bruce or a party member...but it was because of spinning vears x.x
4th try, we made it but with luck. In the last room Bruce died twice, but in the second he died he was revived by giresta (so lucky) :]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-03-26 10:08 ]</font>

magenta
Mar 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
On 2008-03-25 21:35, RubySion wrote:
My record of failures:
[spoiler-box]As for me, I was playing with Magenta, Primera, Sega Dreamcast, and Bifrost earlier today at Bruce S, and we failed to achieve or even make it to the end of the stage for 10 straight times in a row. Most of the failures goes to Brucy the almighty baldy. I dont know, we probably just got SUPER bad luck at that time. It was so embarassing that i was dying of horror from it. I might even get nightmare for so much failures like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif[/spoiler-box]

haha.. you forgot also that a lot of the times bifrost disconnected.. but we failed.. in a kewl painful way.. XD

panzer_unit
Mar 26, 2008, 01:44 PM
First day: Jagd (PT), Celi (PT), Shiina (FF), Mats (AF) and me (WT). We failed about three/four times, quite spectacularly. Then me and Jagd switched to FF and Shiina to AT. After that, perfect record.

I like how the best team I've been on for Bruce is just my regular 'ol crew for goofing off or doing random missions.

The funny thing is once you've been on a really good team, it's easy to assume the S-rank is practically in the bag. I've been on some pub teams between our game times and damn do we ever fail hard.

I go straight on the final split-up. The AT with me tries to max his damage output with gizonde and gets four-wayed by Vanda Ogra damfoie

Two teammates + Bruce go running through the double-gate puzzle to clear mobs... one stops to hold the gate open for the remaining 3 teammates, Bruce gets pwned following the other into a dark room full of Vanda.

In one group, these two beast FF's bitched at Celi-ka about her gunning, they bitched at me about not dropping traps fast enough... when they'd been using Ice weapons for the ENTIRE MISSION. Their mom called them for dinner or something 'cause they quietly left right after I pointed out that lightning was the correct element for 90% of the enemies.

Xefi
Mar 26, 2008, 07:09 PM
On 2008-03-26 10:45, magenta wrote:

haha.. you forgot also that a lot of the times bifrost disconnected.. but we failed.. in a kewl painful way.. XD

yes ma'am, that was quite rediculous that we failed horribly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
But you were great at leading Bruce around. I salute thee for that. I hope next time we party, things won't be as bad like before. If i have to fail so much like that again, i will lose confident in doing that mission. LOL.

TecherRamen
Mar 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-03-26 08:02, Alizarin wrote:

On 2008-03-26 07:53, BFGfreak wrote:
My guess was that our techer was in the midst of casting Giresta when Bruce got KO'd and I'd guess lag was involved, but I swear (as well as everyone in the party) that bruce died for a split second.

Happened more than once with me. I managed to "revive" Bruce at least three times. For some reason his death doesn't register immediately, more like it has to wait until Bruce is on the ground and stops moving. Or something. I don't watch Bruce, I watch his health.

Yeah thats happened to me too. Im a techer and i thought i let the old cook bite off a piece of the big sandwhich in the sky. But i had just cast giresta and the bruce got back up again. I almost let him die after that again too because i thought the mission ended! we got S tho

Gunslinger-08
Mar 26, 2008, 09:23 PM
Go ahead and hate me, but my first run I did joining a friend of mine and some of his friends netted all 5 of us a gudda iggac board. I've not been in a party where we've failed at all. Granted, we had a PT spamming traps, with the rest of us carrying extra sets for her.

Xefi
Mar 26, 2008, 09:27 PM
On 2008-03-26 19:13, TecherRamen wrote:

But i had just cast giresta and the bruce got back up again. I almost let him die after that again too because i thought the mission ended! we got S tho

after hearing from you guys about this issue, i'm thinking of doing it sometime too and play my fortecher just to revive Brucy from dying. Great idea for this mission since Bruce die 50% of the time. :|