PDA

View Full Version : Charity?

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 12:02 PM
When I first came back to PSU after giving it a year long break, someone waltzed into my room and asked if I was poor. Having virtually no meseta I answered yes. He then gave me 40k meseta. Not much to me now but at the time it was quite a bit (I was lv20 odd).

Now I figure there are quite a few people in the same situation I was in, a low lv character in need of a bit of help.

Or alternatively, there are people trying to get to an advanced class but dont have any weapons for the class that needs leveling first (ie need to lvl up techer but dont want to waste too much money on wands if they are trying for a protranser)

Now I just got to protranser and I am left with a lot of B rank wands and other things that I no longer need.

Wouldn't it be just grand if there was a solution to both the problems? Well I'm thinking of creating a charity (no name yet) that helps people in need of low level weapons. The theory is that when people have got to the right level to change to a mixed class, they can donate the weapons they no longer need. The charity can then distribute these weapons to either low level characters who could do with a little help or people who just need the weapons to level up a certain class.

So for example: A person who is looking at becoming a protranser would have some wands, twin sabers, twin daggers, daggers, claws etc left over from levelling the base classes. He/she could then donate them to us, who could then dish them out to people who are new to the game. Or lend them to people who need to level up the base classes to get a new mixed class.

Would anyone be up for that? The way I was thinking of doing it is: I would set up a new character and fill their room with boxes. People with weapons that they no longer need could put them in the boxes (am I right in assuming people can leave stuff in boxes?). I could then set up a forum or advertise in game that I have a load of low lvl weapons/armours going free to any newbies.

Anyone reckon that would work? Sure beats selling the items for a tiny amount surely?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-03-27 10:03 ]</font>

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well we could have someone as the Charity Bank, when we dont want something anymore, we throw it in the charity bank. When we are switching to go lvl up a new class and are a low level, that person PMs the charity bank person, and that person gives/lends them the weapon they are looking for if they have it or not.

We would just need a person everyone could trust. I would Nominate myself for the 360 side, but then everyone would think i wanted to steal all your stuffs cuz i just nominated myself T_T lol.

Also there has to be a restriction to who we can give it to and how much we can give, so people dont just mooch off the charity bank.

The_Gio
Mar 27, 2008, 12:09 PM
uhh,just go to a hot spot and give,what I and my friend seph did,was wrap all our crap weapons,and went to the Neudaiz Guardians Branch where a lot of low lvls were trying desperately to get to what they want,and just started screaming,GIVING OUT FREE ITEMS,SERIOUSLY THIS ISNT A TRICK,and of course all the experienced players thought they were smarter than that and all the low levels were naive enough to get our presents(6* B ranks and 7* A ranks)

chaostroop3
Mar 27, 2008, 12:09 PM
i nomanatichish pikachife 4 360 =]

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 12:11 PM
Well I figured I would only do it with B rank weapons. That way it would only benefit lower level characters, who are the people I'm trying to help. The would be no reason for higher level characters to take advantage of the system since B rank weapons dont sell for much. The only reason higher level characters would try to mooch is to level a base class to change to a different mixed class, which would also be the people we are trying to help. And hopefully they would give it back once they are done too.

AlMcFly
Mar 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-03-27 10:09, chaostroop3 wrote:
i nomanatichish pikachife 4 360 =]

Wha??? Please no "text messaging/IM code" speak lol.

chaostroop3
Mar 27, 2008, 12:14 PM
what if i refush-ch

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
On 2008-03-27 10:09, The_Gio wrote:
uhh,just go to a hot spot and give,what I and my friend seph did,was wrap all our crap weapons,and went to the Neudaiz Guardians Branch where a lot of low lvls were trying desperately to get to what they want,and just started screaming,GIVING OUT FREE ITEMS,SERIOUSLY THIS ISNT A TRICK,and of course all the experienced players thought they were smarter than that and all the low levels were naive enough to get our presents(6* B ranks and 7* A ranks)

Thats nice and all but not as creative and fun as a Charity Bank in your room.

its like how little kids play lemonade stand. im sure u can do it a simpler way but building your own stand is so much more fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 12:17 PM
Well it would help if we had a few people as nominated "storers" of the items since I can't be online all of the time. What I was planning to do is create a new character to be the "storer" and turn the room into a shop so it can be searched for. I would have the room full of crates so people could drop their stuff off without me actually having to be there. Would this work? Can people leave donations in the crates/boxes?

If you want to do the same Pikachief, feel free. The more the merrier! I may set up a forum for it depending on how popular it gets. That way, people could ask for specific equipment based on their class/what class they need to level.

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
sure i can do it on the 360 side im usually online from 1:PM-10PM Pacific time anyways XD jsut not on wednesdays.

And people cant place stuff in your room, but they can buy a 500 meseta cardboard box to place stuff in your room in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Im sure people can afford a 500 Meseta cardboard box lol.

and chaostroop was saying he nominated me >.>

Just start some Official topic about this explaining the rules of it thoroughly and how it will work, and i'll "sign up" lol

oh they only go up to B rank weapons, i doubt people will take too much advantage. and we can always set up an item limit for people. like only 5 items per person or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-03-27 10:24 ]</font>

Bolvyn
Mar 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
I would be careful of that. Some people will take advantage of this.

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 12:28 PM
On 2008-03-27 10:23, Bolvyn wrote:
I would be careful of that. Some people will take advantage of this.

Yeah thats what I thought. Thats why I am only going to do it with B rank weapons. And I will only hand out a couple per person. That way its no huge loss if it was a scam. I have/find plenty of B rank weapons anyway so its not like theyre rare. I found 3 rifles whilst trying to get to protranser.

And pikachief, Its a good job your in a different time zone to me (I'm GMT), that way we can cover more ground! I am 360 too.

Zorafim
Mar 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
Is this needed anymore, though? Meseta drops in large amounts, and players fly through weapons due to low requirements on them. I'm quite sure a lv30 will have both the meseta and the atp to equip A rank weapons already. If my newman acrotecher can equip a crimson at this level, I can see other classes following in suit.

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
I am just setting up the new character/room now. I will create a new topic when its done. Where would be a good place to put the topic? Trading or general?

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-03-27 10:30, Zorafim wrote:
Is this needed anymore, though? Meseta drops in large amounts, and players fly through weapons due to low requirements on them. I'm quite sure a lv30 will have both the meseta and the atp to equip A rank weapons already. If my newman acrotecher can equip a crimson at this level, I can see other classes following in suit.

stop trying to ruin our fun with your obvious facts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The_Gio
Mar 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
On 2008-03-27 10:30, Zorafim wrote:

I don't think anything is NEEDED per say,sure ppl can pretty much set themselves in a day or so,but even still,it's a nice thing to do,and if it's in 360,(again this isn't to offend anyone),more population,meaning more chances of people not knowing what their doing,so doing this,just makes someones life a little easier,like the remote control isn't needed but everyone still has one lol

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
I have made a bit of a discovery. It needs a bit more testing so I will PM pikachief to do another test.

DreXxiN
Mar 27, 2008, 01:41 PM
Doesn't killing 10 monsters on C these days give you enough to buy a 6* weapon...?

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 01:52 PM
On 2008-03-27 11:41, DreXxiN wrote:
Doesn't killing 10 monsters on C these days give you enough to buy a 6* weapon...?

dont tell us u can do 1 run and have enough moeny for your best weapon, you'll dissapoint us D:

DreXxiN
Mar 27, 2008, 01:57 PM
On 2008-03-27 11:52, pikachief wrote:

dont tell us u can do 1 run and have enough moeny for your best weapon, you'll dissapoint us D:

I'm confused. Was this a flame? XD

And I guess you can't really say there's a "best weapon", since most are versatile or useful in different ways.

(I suppose there can be a best weapon if you played PSO and had a hacked BKB or Double Cannon)

trucido
Mar 27, 2008, 02:08 PM
Isn't the point of this game to play and get your own items from your own hard work. I have played since day one and no one gave me anything. If people give away weapons to beginners then we will have noobs forever that dont know how to obtain anything on their own.

To me the game would be boring if i started out with all of the best weapons for my class, just a thought.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 27, 2008, 03:48 PM
On 2008-03-27 12:08, trucido wrote:
To me the game would be boring if i started out with all of the best weapons for my class, just a thought.

Hence, the giving out of 6* B ranks and 7* A ranks.

Atomic646
Mar 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
I Nominate Pikachief !!! 2 - 0 ^.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atomic646 on 2008-03-27 14:09 ]</font>

Kion
Mar 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
i don't see any reason why psu could use a charity. most psu players use S ranks and meseta tons upon tons of A rank materials. Last I checked i saw some pretty decent A ranks going for 50k and lower, and A ranks materials for a couple hundred meseta. With Meseta dropping like crazy even at low ranks, i don't see how anyone cannot get good equipment for low classes.

Poncho_Jr
Mar 27, 2008, 08:32 PM
There is a flaw to this...
I'm just saying... as stated before, "People will take advantage."
How do we actually know who the needy people are.
Some people are scammers that way.
Some can have high level characters, with mad money. And use their low levels as a cash cow.
Really do be careful.
And beware of the NEW beg.
"I just got scammed, can I have money." Has grown a vast amount these past days.
One time this dude was begging when he had TWO MILLION on him. Nect time I saw him, he had 0. Figured out his mistake I guess.
So be careful.

[This post has been approved by Ryna's other realm self]

pikachief
Mar 27, 2008, 08:47 PM
On 2008-03-27 11:57, DreXxiN wrote:

On 2008-03-27 11:52, pikachief wrote:

I'm confused. Was this a flame? XD

And I guess you can't really say there's a "best weapon", since most are versatile or useful in different ways.

(I suppose there can be a best weapon if you played PSO and had a hacked BKB or Double Cannon)

i meant if you can only do C runs or w/e and best weapon as in strongest weapon u can use at your level >.>

goaferboy
Mar 27, 2008, 09:16 PM
On 2008-03-27 18:32, Poncho_Jr wrote:
There is a flaw to this...
I'm just saying... as stated before, "People will take advantage."
How do we actually know who the needy people are.
Some people are scammers that way.
Some can have high level characters, with mad money. And use their low levels as a cash cow.
Really do be careful.
And beware of the NEW beg.
"I just got scammed, can I have money." Has grown a vast amount these past days.
One time this dude was begging when he had TWO MILLION on him. Nect time I saw him, he had 0. Figured out his mistake I guess.
So be careful.

[This post has been approved by Ryna's other realm self]

Yeah I'm quite aware of the scammers. Thats why I will only give away stuff that I find in missions or no longer need. I think B rank stuff is the highest I will give away. That way, scammers have nothing to gain from scamming me and I don't make a huge loss if I do get scammed.

I keep finding damn B rank rifles on White Beast when I'm leveling my protranser on C/B rank runs. I would be happy for a scammer to take them! Would be more useful to them that the NPCs I normally sell them to!