PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good all around Line Shield

Kurai_Inago
Mar 27, 2008, 01:56 PM
Well, the title pretty much says it all, I'm looking for a good all around line shield, My character is Human, and I switch Classes constantly (Heh, whee for human versatility.) Right now I've got about 700K that I can spend, and if that isn't enough to pick up anything good, I can always spend that money to finish building my Armor PM and go look for whatever you recommend's board/Mats.

Talise
Mar 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
stormline, if they sell for that low, I'm not sure.

Kurai_Inago
Mar 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
I sold my Stormline Board to get that 700k O_o

Although, I don't think anyone but the gunner classes can use it, so it may or may not be a moot point.

th0rnz
Mar 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
You are SOL if you're looking for a good S-Rank all around armor. You won't buy one for 700k, and the next cheapest is the stormline, which you just sold the board for.

Not to mention just buying the polymers for the boards (20 of them @ 65k - 110k each) will run you broke.

I would recommend saving money or trying to get a serafi-senba board from White Beast S runs (good luck) by the time you find it, you should have the 20 ortapolymers for it.

Zorafim
Mar 27, 2008, 08:22 PM
I like Serafi. It's S rank, and it has all four slots. Not to mention, it can be made in any element.
Oh, and it has stats, I think... Does anyone care about that?

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2008, 08:36 PM
Serafi-senba if you want to spend too much money.

If you want to actually be sensible, go with Yamata-senbas or Crimson Lines. The market is stuffed with them, you can find 30%s at 300-400k if you're lucky, and anyone can use them. Sure they're A-rank, but none of the S-rank units are worth spending all that money on a bunch of good Serafi-senbas. Tero / Rainbow > Orpad / Guard.

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2008, 09:25 PM
Well with the % Nerf...Orpad Guard is WAY better than Tero/Rainbow. You also can just go with a neutral element rather than getting 6.

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2008, 10:08 PM
Wasn't so much a nerf as it was a range-narrowing. I see very little physical damage difference between a Tero / Rainbow and an Orpad / Guard at high elemental, plus Orpad / Guard does not protect you from Technics while Tero / Rainbow does. Plus you don't need an S-rank armor to use Tero / Rainbow, or Legsless / Rainbow for that matter.

Kurai_Inago
Mar 27, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hmm... food for thought. I haven't used anything but Neutral Armor up to this point, so any percentage is fine with me (Heh) Plus, if I can pick something up for around 400k I can still afford to finish making my armor PM. I'm still kind of hoping that my Relic Edge sells so I'll have about 1.5 Mil to spend on my armor, because it's kind of important and I've completely ignored it up until now. (I'm using a Walker line.... that I found pre-made.... O_o)

panzer_unit
Mar 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
If you're going to spend on element armor AT ALL, do yourself a favor and save your money for nice % values. You can make or buy something neutral very easily and it's not a big enough difference from ~20% element to matter.

I don't like S-rank selection much as a Cast, but you're not desperate for an Extra slot... have you looked at Rabol Lebfa for S-rank? Nice stats and all 3 top slots.

Delette Line (9*) is also pretty good with +2 STA in addition to an extra slot for a stamina-boosting unit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-03-28 10:57 ]</font>

Talise
Mar 28, 2008, 09:44 PM
ah you're thinking about makin it, but I was just sayin just buy a stormline from a player for that low. I dun really see the point in makin something you have no intention of keeping for a long time, seeing as you won't keep it if it comes out low percentage anyway. Buy, buy, buy =D The only S-rank armor I've made and use so far:CASTest line and stormline.

dc534
Mar 31, 2008, 02:54 AM
Well as PT I am stuck with my A-rank for now. Sure I have had serfi-senba's but unfortanatly the highest percent I pumped out was 32 ice so I sold it for a lot of money. I mean sure their are s rank units out but I prefer tero rainbow to orpad guard for the simple fact that the rainbow protects from magic and the guard only physical attacks. I have ammassed some pretty decent percents of delette and crimson lines anyway: all are over 46% and the only elements I do not have over 40, they are 38, are my ground and light armors.