PDA

View Full Version : To All XBOX PSU Guardians Please Comment

StarlitDream
Mar 28, 2008, 03:48 AM
I have been playing on the Playstation 2 version of PSU since before Moatoob. However, lately (as in the last year or so) I can not find people to play with on the PS2 version except for White Beast. I like all kinds of missions but that is the only one where I can consistently find a party.

If I switch over to the XBox version, will it be worth throwing away the 1000 hours plus I have on the PS2 version for a more diverse LARGER community? How are people towards lower level players? Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance, maybe I will see you guys on soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Syanaide
Mar 28, 2008, 03:58 AM
Pretty much the same, lots of White Beast spamming until you find a group of friends to do other stuff with.

icewyrm
Mar 28, 2008, 04:01 AM
Have you considered importing a JP copy to play? You'd still have to start anew, but they have the best population and get everything first. If I was switching servers, I'd definately go to JP rather than 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

darthplagis
Mar 28, 2008, 04:09 AM
yeah white beast is always popular but as usual you have the flavor of the week runs (GBR, bruce, egg) when they are up.

the community is very dependent on what you want to do, you can find C-A runs just as easily as S-S2 runs BUT alot of kids screeching down the mic on the 360 (i dont know why but alot of psu's American teenaged boys about 11-17, most of them must drink helium insdtead of coke/mountain dew, no offence intended but you know what i mean).

also alot of groups refuse to party if you dont use a mic, this is understandable on a bruce run but i really dont see the point in it for a standard run.

Yunfa
Mar 28, 2008, 04:11 AM
DO IT!!! CONVERT NOWz! I HAD A LVL 69 fT with all lvl 30 techs before I switched, its well worth it!!! My gaming has been much more enjoyable since my Ps2 PSU days, WAY MORE ENJOYABLE.

daniel_drago
Mar 28, 2008, 05:08 AM
You can find parties almost anywhere you go although at the moment white beast is most likely the easiest for one reason or another.

Low level players can be tedious to find I'm trying to level up my first beast character and so far I've solo'd all of my missions. I guess if i actually tried to look for a group I could get one but I'm lazy lol.

Turb0
Mar 28, 2008, 08:35 AM
To be honest, I'm not that sure how many parties there are outside of white beast. If I want to play in a party I just go to WB, and anywhere else I usually solo. I've noticed that there are usually a few lower level parties at raffon field base when I go PW hunting though. I'm not sure if it's like that in other places or not, because that could be people who just got the game and that's all they know (from the demo). The number of players is definitely a plus though, I couldn't imagine playing when 1 universe can't even fill at peak time.

DEM_CIG
Mar 28, 2008, 08:38 AM
If u can find a good group to run with u can go anywhere... I only go to white beast when my 10-15 close friends arent online.

Rashiid
Mar 28, 2008, 08:50 AM
Truth:
- More people in community = more White Beast parties.
- If there is another party, then 99.9% of the times, it is locked.

Untruths:
- Other missions have parties.
- Caek.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 28, 2008, 11:26 AM
First thing: Rashiid is dumb, so don't listen to it.

A lot of your success in finding parties depends upon you. How outgoing are you? What sort of groups do you like to run in?

There are a lot of parties on the 360 to join - but that doesn't guarantee that when you want to do a particular obscure mission there will be one there. Also, there are enough 360 users on psoworld who will help you out at the beginning. From there you can make friends, and so on.

How this compares to pc/ps2, I don't know. But I think a lot of the negativity about "switching" reflects these players themselves more than the actual reailty of what you'd find.

xEndrance
Mar 28, 2008, 11:32 AM
Basically Xbox owns Ps2... Cheapter items... by far!....
And plus low levels are helped alot your hardley get booted unless you like are the people who just sit there and do nothing but other than that xbox is way better
the community is nicer

The_Gio
Mar 28, 2008, 11:36 AM
and this is why we have low population,stupid vicious cycle,I mean ppl complain that we have a low population,and end up moving,i'm just glad we have a dedicated population.It just sucks that every single person who fails to see that we cant get bigger if everyone that joins,leaves because of the low population(which is mostly every new player). Honestly, from what I personally experienced what halo 2 did to xbox live,your just gonna run into either rascists,horny people(and I mean men),kids,women who try to take advantage of the fact their women,or just plain out annoying people. Basically you can move if you want,just I wouldn't recommend it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-03-28 10:07 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Mar 28, 2008, 11:39 AM
On 2008-03-28 09:32, xEndrance wrote:
And plus low levels are helped alot your hardley get booted unless you like are the people who just sit there and do nothing but other than that xbox is way better
the community is nicer

Have you played an Xbox online? 80% of the people on Xbox Live are total jackasses. Of course, i'm not saying everyone on PS2/PC is a saint, but statisticly, more people means more chances at meeting jerks. And your items aren't THAT much cheaper. In fact, our prices are pretty close concidering how the grinder glitch threw quite a few stacks of meseta in.

I wouldn't move if i were you. You'll just get bored trying to level up again, and might quit all together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-28 09:48 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 28, 2008, 11:40 AM
If you already have 1000+ hours...I don't know. I don't think either server is particularly low-level friendly, mostly because ST has seen fit get every character a close to the cap as possible. I'll just say that 360 is larger, but thats it. It's not any more friendly or diverse.

Kira_Yamato
Mar 28, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hey Starlit im playing on PS2 too and its about 2 weeks that I haven't play.Im tinking to move on XBOX 360 considering the hard work I have been trough on PS2.I'll lose lots of 50% S weapon..that hit alot.

On XBOX 360 there is 3 full ship.It will not take too long untill you find new friends.
And if you have to move do it before the Max attack even come.
With the 250% experience bonus ull have your lvl back in no time atleast.
Plus a new patch that will improve your PA skill more faster is comming.

Ill move so see you there maybe.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-03-28 01:48, StarlitDream wrote:
will it be worth throwing away the 1000 hours plus I have on the PS2 version for a more diverse LARGER community?

Yes

chu-chu-chu
Mar 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-03-28 09:40, amtalx wrote: It's not any more friendly or diverse.

Do you know this from comparison? Havee you met everyone on both servers? Do you discover this soloing on some obscure unpopulated universe?

I think PSO-World is exactly NOT where to look for a representation of the general population of the 360 servers. Compare the number of 360 posters here to the population itself and then look up the fallacy of insufficient sample size.

If I was dissatisfied with this game because of population issues, yet I enjoyed the game, it would at the very least be worth examining. The cost is different for different people, both in terms of time and money.

Easy solution is to switch but not cancel the other account until you are sure about it.

StarlitDream
Mar 28, 2008, 12:13 PM
I got the six month PS2 license so I will be on for sure off and on for that time. However, I realize that the more people there are the more chance for annoying immature players. However, I am the type that will just talk to anyone out of the blue so meeting people is not my issue. Just on the PS2 servers, there are FEW actual bodies to interact with. The one's that I have interacted with, for the most part, are cool. It is just at the times I play the most (between 9am and 1pm, due to working nights) I can not find anyone. Even peak times are two or three stars max right now...The voice chat seems intriguing. I am sure that it will change when everyone is yelling and being annoying on the mic, but it beats constantly typing by a long shot in my opinion. Also, as far as characters I have 117 Beast, 119 Cast, 65 Newman, and 25 Human. I have been fairly busy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif to say the least. I look forward to more replies, I find you guys very helpful thanks.

DEM_CIG
Mar 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-03-28 10:13, StarlitDream wrote:
I find you guys very helpful thanks.

NP happy to help.

haruna
Mar 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
Move during Max Attack G if you're worried about not getting EXP and restricting yourself to white beast.

The 360 community is a pretty varied one, as PSU has to compete with a lot of other good games with online play. Thankfully you only need Xbox Live silver to play PSU.

If someone is annoying and yelling in the mic, you can hit "show gamer card" and mute them.

Davot
Mar 28, 2008, 01:28 PM
On 2008-03-28 09:39, Chuck_Norris wrote:

the community is nicer

Have you played an Xbox online? 80% of the people on Xbox Live are total jackasses. Of course, i'm not saying everyone on PS2/PC is a saint, but statisticly, more people means more chances at meeting jerks. And your items aren't THAT much cheaper. In fact, our prices are pretty close concidering how the grinder glitch threw quite a few stacks of meseta in.

I wouldn't move if i were you. You'll just get bored trying to level up again, and might quit all together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-28 09:48 ]</font>
QFT!I'm on 360, and i'm not warning TELLING "Our servers are 2/5 jackasses and 2/5 dicks.Only 11 people are cool for me on 360.Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Chaos320
Mar 28, 2008, 01:33 PM
On 2008-03-28 11:29, Davot wrote:

On 2008-03-28 11:28, Davot wrote:

On 2008-03-28 09:39, Chuck_Norris wrote:

the community is nicer

QFT!I'm on 360, and i'm not warning TELLING "Our servers are 2/5 jackasses and 2/5 dicks.Only 27 people are cool for me on 360.Just throwing in my 2 cents.

i can quote on that. the face that some of the people on there will get on your nurves and then the little kids...o dear god the little kids. But if you get into the 360 and not only for that game you will learn to find good friends for a while to play other games with. i have a set of 5 or 6 guys who i go and play with on all different kinds of games (rainbow six 2, chrome hounds, etc.) and its great. plus the voice feature is a real plus when your fighting you dont have to stop and type something.

Battlestar
Mar 28, 2008, 01:35 PM
Not forgetting that on the Xbox 360 the game has annoying slowdowns and such that people seem to complain about a lot. Just stick with the PC version, everyone knows it's the *real* version that matters.

chaoskila
Mar 28, 2008, 01:49 PM
blah blah im on xbox 360

chaostroop3
Mar 28, 2008, 02:25 PM
yes do it... ill help you =D

DEM_CIG
Mar 28, 2008, 02:31 PM
It all depends who u run with. There r alot of idoitic asses on the 360, but there r alot of pretty cool people. I have about 10 or 15 of my buddies that i run with. U just have to find the right nitch of ppl to do runs with. If u need help doing runs just send me a pm on live, I like helping people, its keeps the the game from getting boring.

Sekani
Mar 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
My God, it's full of fanboys.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
On 2008-03-28 12:33, Sekani wrote:
My God, it's full of fanboys.

what does that mean?

Blueblur
Mar 28, 2008, 10:37 PM
On 2008-03-28 06:50, Rashiid wrote:
Truth:

Untruths:
- Caek.

Makes me wish PSU had one mission counter like PSO did.

The_Gio
Mar 29, 2008, 01:22 AM
On 2008-03-28 20:37, Blueblur wrote:

On 2008-03-28 06:50, Rashiid wrote:
Truth:

Untruths:
- Caek.

Makes me wish PSU had one mission counter like PSO did.

oh man that'd be badass,then no one would complain about finding a party

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 29, 2008, 04:24 AM
if you are gonna do it go to the official forums (360 network mode) and check out the uppa thread you will get help and support from them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hayaiyoru
Mar 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
i was once in the very same position... i had preordered the expansion: aoti for ps2, but would have waited a month due to a horrible backorder on ebgames.com... instead i bought a $ 15 copy of the original for xbox, downloaded the expansion... since then i have traded in my 86 female beast figunner for a lv 118 female newman wartecker... [ took me only 3 months or so ]

but ultimately the choice is up to you...

Rashiid
Mar 29, 2008, 11:18 AM
On 2008-03-28 09:26, chu-chu-chu wrote:

A lot of your success in finding parties depends upon you. How outgoing are you? What sort of groups do you like to run in?

There are a lot of parties on the 360 to join - but that doesn't guarantee that when you want to do a particular obscure mission there will be one there. Also, there are enough 360 users on psoworld who will help you out at the beginning. From there you can make friends, and so on.

How this compares to pc/ps2, I don't know. But I think a lot of the negativity about "switching" reflects these players themselves more than the actual reailty of what you'd find.

I am dumb because I know what I'm talking about?
I've been here day one, and you know goddamn well that any other party that is not at the current hotspot is fucking locked.

ThEoRy
Mar 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
Why don't you head over to the player match up area on this board and try and make some new friends on your current server first. I'm sure theres plenty of pc/ps2 players right here willing to run with ya. If you still can't get a solid running crew together do what you gotta do to make this game enjoyable for ya. PSU+No friends=FAIL.

Katrina
Mar 29, 2008, 11:40 AM
I'd have to agree. You put in a lot of time on your characters, I'd try joining up with a few new people first to see if you can salvage some of the enjoyment you had in the past before jumping ship.

Sometimes change can be a good thing also, if your friends quit or transitioned to the 360, it might be worth the move and a fresh start in a new community.

Weigh all your options and decide what you want to get out of the game the most to help narrow your decision.

Hayaiyoru
Mar 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
Well said Katrina... If you try what Theory + Katrina said, yet still have little success, Ill definetely be down to help with the conversion to XBOX...

Satter
Mar 30, 2008, 02:53 AM
On 2008-03-28 09:45, Kira_Yamato wrote:
Hey Starlit im playing on PS2 too and its about 2 weeks that I haven't play.Im tinking to move on XBOX 360 considering the hard work I have been trough on PS2.I'll lose lots of 50% S weapon..that hit alot.

On XBOX 360 there is 3 full ship.It will not take too long untill you find new friends.
And if you have to move do it before the Max attack even come.
With the 250% experience bonus ull have your lvl back in no time atleast.
Plus a new patch that will improve your PA skill more faster is comming.

Ill move so see you there maybe.

3 full ships? Where did you hear/see this? During primetime universe 1 & 2 are almost full to capacity. But, I've never seen uni 1,2, & 3 full since the Winter Event.

Usually uni 1 is full and uni 2 will have 3 or 4 stars.

However, from what I've heard, that's considerably better than the PS2/PC population.

Nanosystem
Mar 30, 2008, 03:26 AM
There are a bunch of jerks over here but you can run into the occasion good person once in a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I wouldn't count on random parties for any bruce/hsm/egg missions though. >_>;

Honeypot
Mar 31, 2008, 04:42 AM
I've been thinking about jumping ship myself so to speak. I would be going from PC to X360 myself. Unlike the TC, I only have one 70 or 80 some odd character and not even 500 combined hours into my account. Very few S ranks or much meseta. My accounts been canceled since early january of this year. All my friends have quit for various reasons. The only redeeming quality is I can run PSU maxed out on PC with little to no slowdown and i have a x360 controller for controls. I just got tired of the awful playerbase, crazy economy and white beast spam all day.

I personally wouldn't mind the small slowdown the x360 version would get if it meant alot more players and a more stable economy. I somewhat enjoy the random screamers on live. Those crazy bastards make me lol.

Rashiid
Mar 31, 2008, 07:50 AM
Plenty of lols over here.
Also you can add people via xbox live and such, so if you want to contact someone for buying something, you can always send them a message over xbox live.

This also makes making friends easier.

chu-chu-chu
Mar 31, 2008, 08:32 AM
On 2008-03-29 09:18, Rashiid wrote:

On 2008-03-28 09:26, chu-chu-chu wrote:

I am dumb because I know what I'm talking about?
I've been here day one, and you know goddamn well that any other party that is not at the current hotspot is fucking locked.

Not my experience.

And even if it was true (which it is not), there are many ways to meet people on the 360 with whom to run - this site, the official site, lobbies, shops, etc.

Again, I think the complaints from several here reflect more on the complainers than the actual state of the 360. rashiid, e.g., might want to think about how annoyed people are by its small text.

Tamashi
Mar 31, 2008, 09:09 AM
90% of both communities are "poopy". You probobly won't be happy on either server.

I hate console waring alot, so don't get the wrong idea but....

If someone is doing a mission outside of White beast they're probobly hunting something. Which means that you would need to be a decent level. Starting fresh = not a decent level.

DEM_CIG
Mar 31, 2008, 09:13 AM
Unless they have a low level that they are trying to lvl up. I need to lvl up my 39 newman.

syncmaster712
Mar 31, 2008, 09:14 AM
Well in your case of finding a party, there are alot of people spamming White Beast but you can probably find parties doing many other missions.

Yuneiko
Mar 31, 2008, 10:19 AM
If you have still yet to jump ship, feel free to look me up and ask to do some runs. I know I'm not a 360 player, but I constantly search the forums for PC/PS2 players to play with. My main character's name is Yuneiko, find me somehow.

JarinKail
Mar 31, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'll speak for myself and my brother, but we avoid White Beast like.the plague on 360. We'll run anything but that, really.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 12:08 PM
On 2008-03-31 08:25, JarinKail wrote:
I'll speak for myself and my brother, but we avoid White Beast like.the plague on 360. We'll run anything but that, really.

yup. me as well unless none of my friends are online then i go to that.

Really, just play with randoms, get the cards of the not annoying people (not hard at all to find really, idk y everyones saying theres so many annoying people i dont see THAT many >.>) and then just play with them.

And if they arent online when u are then u can go find a random party at certain places.