PDA

View Full Version : The Community

Taiar
Mar 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
Ah, my first post; nice to be here everyone.

As a huge Dreamcast PSO fan, I jumped on to play PSU a little while back nearer to when it first came out but stopped after a couple of months. It was just that I didn't have as much time for it as a wanted. But I've been feeling the jonesing for the experience again and I just wanted to ask people who are almost definately playing currently...

How's the community looking, in terms of... activity? A lot of people bustling around (in the busier servers, of course) or is it kind of dismal? I would hate to jump on to find out that no one plays anymore...

Any observations would be appreciated! And with any luck, I'll see some of you poking around the servers soon.

Katrina
Mar 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
The 360 servers are fairly active. A large number of people migrate with the events and updates, and groups are fairly easy to come by. Uni 1 is close to capacity most days, dwindling to 3 stars at minimum, with uni 2 filling peak hours, and flowing over to 3 at times.

PC from my understanding isn't as populated, but they are a close knit community well represented here on the forums.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katrina on 2008-03-29 09:24 ]</font>

Kylie
Mar 29, 2008, 11:23 AM
PC / PS2, right? Well, I'm not going to lie; I haven't been playing in Universe 02 lately. But I usually notice it with two or two and half stars, and sometimes it'll go up to three at really active times. However, the thing that counts to me is if you can find a party, and if you want to play a mission that isn't a hot spot with a random party, forget it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif The odds of finding an open party at most places are pretty slim.

Lighthero
Mar 29, 2008, 11:24 AM
I've seen serveral topics like this, try using the search engine next time.

On the 360, there are on the busy times 2-3 universe's full. But there are a lot of kids/jerks w/e you can call on there(not everyone, just some).

On the PS2/PC I heard that it's like a miracle to have 1 uni full or something? and it's hard to get a party except on the popular missions. You just have to get online there on the busy times.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 29, 2008, 11:29 AM
Yah, if you want to meet more people, friends and fiends alike, then sample the 360 server. However, if you want to go to a place where everybody knows your name and are always glad you came( I hope someone caught my reference there) then maybe its better on the PC side.

Taiar
Mar 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah... Forgot that the servers are split that way. It would probably have been good of me to specify which server I was asking about: You're right Kylie, I meant the PC/PS2 server.

Also: My apologies Lighthero. That admittedly didn't occur to me... I'll be sure to do so next time.

Also v2: Cheers, RAGNAGELPPOD! *Holds up a mug of root beer*

On my choice of server, I don't really have any; I only possess the game for the PC but a tight knit community sounds like a nice place. Are people still beating up the De Ragan for quick EXP? Heh...

Nuclearranger
Mar 29, 2008, 11:51 AM
No there beating up a different dragon in the expansion for EXP

Kylie
Mar 29, 2008, 11:53 AM
It is pretty nice. I'm in absolute love with the game when I have a friend to enjoy it with. But there are times where no one is on and looking at my ghost town of a card list is depressing, so you should prepare for a little down time like that if you decide to play again. However, if you manage to form close bonds with active people, I think you could have a lot of fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Dkzero23
Mar 29, 2008, 12:21 PM
On PC/Ps2 Universe 2 is usually pretty populated and it's not too hard to find a group. If you don't already have AoI, you should definitely get it - it's way worth it.

Yuneiko
Mar 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
If you decide on rejoining PC/PS2, I'll be happy to welcome you back and help you out with any missions. Name's Yuneiko, and I'm just trying to keep a nice buddy list going. However, if you join the 360's, i'm sure you'll find a lot of nice people willing to help you as well.

Shadwitz
Mar 29, 2008, 04:47 PM
PC/PS2 isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I don't have trouble getting a party. Admittedly, I do have a good group of close friends. But if you do come on, PM, and I'll help you out.

Sora_Psu
Mar 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
Pc/Ps2 isn't really populated to be quite honest, your best bet if your playing on there will be (just as some others have stated) play the popular missions...over..and..over..and..you catch my drift, unless you get some people who are actually willing to play other missions just for the heck of it. Like some of my friends (who's left that is) and I do world tours where we go and play just about every level to change things up a bit.

The_Gio
Mar 30, 2008, 12:13 AM
ill play with you also,as much as I loooove white beast(hurray for sarcasm),I usually play with my really good friend Seph and we get by,just us two,so even if you end up getting close with only one person,it'll still work,and were on everyday or close to everyday

this sounds like im advertising myself on a dating service or somethin'

GreenArcher
Mar 30, 2008, 12:30 AM
Pretty much what everyone else said. If you can't find a group of friends or they aren't on, you are confined to soloing or the mission of the week

Taiar
Mar 30, 2008, 03:00 AM
Ah... Having something to look forward to when/if I jump onto the server gives me a lot of hope; thanks everyone.

It's been a while for me though, I'm not sure if the level I left myself at will be quite enough to par up to you veterans...

Regardless, I'll keep mulling over it. I just watched Appleseed too so playing as a Cast sounds awesome...

Battlestar
Mar 30, 2008, 04:38 AM
Cast supremacy!

Dragwind
Mar 30, 2008, 07:28 AM
There's enough of a community imo. You might have to try a bit harder to find it, but the people are there. Especially at hotspots. If all else fails, things have been made so easy that you can pretty much solo lvl up, but it gets boring.

panzer_unit
Mar 31, 2008, 12:04 PM
Randoms at a hotspot are just friends you haven't met and asked to help you on your favorite mission yet.