PDA

View Full Version : Random Idea for PSU ... from PSO? NOT A PSO IS BETTER THRED

Nuclearranger
Mar 29, 2008, 11:21 AM
Well for this to work they need to up the monsters difficulty cause right now it sucks ... so bad.

They should add a SOLO or PARTY option when you make a game... SOLO doesn't allow people to join but the monsters are a lot easier.

Party is normal.

Also SOLO games do not show up in the same window or at all with party games.

PSOBB did this and it worked great.

Anduril
Mar 29, 2008, 11:27 AM
That does sound like a good idea. Having stronger monsters and upped drops/EXP would be a good incentive to actually do team play, while still rewarding soloing, but not as much.

Nuclearranger
Mar 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
Way.... Stronger monsters....

Nuclearranger
Mar 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
I feel like im playing HARD on PSO at level 100>.>

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
Well hmm, perhaps the mobs are a bit weak compared to our characters, but it dosen't help that many people go into missions with their equipment set up to make it as easy as possible with their high% elemental armors, resist units, grinded weapons and leveled Photon arts. We could make the game a bit more difficult on us if we wanted but I admit, even doing runs without wearing armor dosen't seem to impact my scape doll supply.

I dont think mission difficulty can be upped at this point though, seeing as somehow people end up complaining about it then ST rolls in ( or back lol...) and fixes things by making the mission easier with their "rebalancing " act.

What we need is a Boss that is made up entirely out of Bullet, Strike and Tech resistant Bees, with drops valuable enough to keep all players hunting there, regardless of their Class.

Nuclearranger
Mar 29, 2008, 12:03 PM
Taking away from our characters strengths is NOT what we should be doing. We should STRIVE for the best of the best units weapons armors because we NEED them to survive!

YUKI_N
Mar 29, 2008, 12:03 PM
I agree with this, its kind of ridiculous that the enemies are the same strength whether you're solo, or in a party of six people. Imagine if say monster level went up by 10-20 levels each time someone joined, then you'd get people wanting to party

Gama
Mar 29, 2008, 12:21 PM
i renember tht on pso when someone joined the party the dificulty raised, ate least i renember tht it was impossible to play if you started a 4 player team and suddenly 3 left because it was so hard, but if u started a 1 player team i wasnt hard.

RemiusTA
Mar 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
On 2008-03-29 09:21, NuclearRanger wrote:
Well for this to work they need to up the monsters difficulty cause right now it sucks ... so bad.

They should add a SOLO or PARTY option when you make a game... SOLO doesn't allow people to join but the monsters are a lot easier.

Party is normal.

Also SOLO games do not show up in the same window or at all with party games.

PSOBB did this and it worked great.

that IS a good idea. Its the reason it was so much easier to level in PSO than in PSU, its impossible to solo missions without wasting your time

Kylie
Mar 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
On 2008-03-29 09:47, NuclearRanger wrote:
Way.... Stronger monsters....

Yes, would have to be for this to work (as you said).

Libram
Mar 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
One of the simplest things ST could do to up difficulty would be reinstate the Rank B and higher flinch resistance from every hit.

Zorafim
Mar 29, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-03-29 11:08, Libram wrote:
One of the simplest things ST could do to up difficulty would be reinstate the Rank B and higher flinch resistance from every hit.

The thing that made the game into an RPG? Where we traded hits instead of strategically placing our attacks? I think I'll pass.

Anyway, I would like to see this. A difficulty change for every party member that joins. I love soloing, and I noticed that partying is just boring due to how quickly everything dies. It feels less like a raid and more like walking from point A to B.

Deja
Mar 29, 2008, 02:31 PM
This is one of the reasons I stopped playing PSU, was it's failure of a difficulty level. It's fun to completely bash monsters over and over again, but without receiving a beating myself every once in a while, the game grows stale.

Also, 6 people in a party is too much. It is tough to tag everything, it is hard to keep up with buffs for everyone, and most monster spawns go up to about 6...meaning one monster per teammate. That is too easy.

Anyways, back to lurking I go.

Fox_Makenshi
Mar 29, 2008, 03:21 PM
You mean kinda like how Diablo did it? I vaguely remember whenever a person joined some message appeared letting you know that the monsters were harder now.

As for PSU's lack of difficulty I agree there. I remember in PSO my whole team getting their ass kicked all over the place by Delbiters . Also megid=/=difficult, it's more cheap and annoying than anything. Maybe if we had some enemy VARIATION we'd have to adapt to the situation more often. Right now it's tall walking things, short walking things, flying things, running things, hopping things and giant things.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Isabella
Mar 29, 2008, 03:24 PM
And Giant running, flying, walking, hopping, spinning, and dashing things.

SStrikerR
Mar 29, 2008, 03:25 PM
I want a mission where the enemies are insanely difficult and there's only one room.
You start in the middle and ALL the enemies spawn in a circle around you, forcing you to fight a massive amount of monsters at once. In that mission you might actually need 6 people in your team to complete XD

Other than that I really think we shouldn't have more than 4 people.

Jahn-Choo
Mar 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
On 2008-03-29 12:31, Deja wrote:
Also, 6 people in a party is too much. It is tough to tag everything, it is hard to keep up with buffs for everyone, and most monster spawns go up to about 6...meaning one monster per teammate. That is too easy.

Can't you just limit the party to 4 people? I thought that was one of the options?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jahn-Choo on 2008-03-29 14:45 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
We need diabolical spawns, like in VR Temple, where there was that switch with the laser fences, you hit it and foie turrets and dimenians swarmed you.

Or when you ran to the light switch some grass assassins spawned behind you.

Enemies waiting till you got into the middle of the room to spawn.

Stuff like that.

SStrikerR
Mar 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
On 2008-03-29 14:45, Jahn-Choo wrote:

On 2008-03-29 12:31, Deja wrote:

Can't you just limit the party to 4 people? I thought that was one of the options?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jahn-Choo on 2008-03-29 14:45 ]</font>
No....

Gunslinger-08
Mar 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
On 2008-03-29 13:25, Ryan113 wrote:
I want a mission where the enemies are insanely difficult and there's only one room.
You start in the middle and ALL the enemies spawn in a circle around you, forcing you to fight a massive amount of monsters at once. In that mission you might actually need 6 people in your team to complete XD

You meant 5 peeps fighting and a PT spamming EX traps, right? lol

Kenbog
Mar 29, 2008, 05:13 PM
Well ever played at the start of psu?
Look at those Bel Pannons and Bees.
It was pretty funny that 4 bees killed a whole party of 6 :3
Anyway ppl complained back them because they where to hard.
But I agree adding more 'challenge'
and totaly agree with the idea of; more ppl in party = stronger/more enemies

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe have a difficulty select after choosing rank, higher difficulties would have much stronger enemies, but they would award more exp and have better drop rates, thus providing incentive to run more difficult missions.

Nuclearranger
Mar 30, 2008, 03:22 AM
On 2008-03-29 15:19, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Maybe have a difficulty select after choosing rank, higher difficulties would have much stronger enemies, but they would award more exp and have better drop rates, thus providing incentive to run more difficult missions.

So choose the difficulty of the difficulty?

Dragwind
Mar 30, 2008, 03:31 AM
I agree with this idea. A party and solo option sounds good, with party having WAY harder enemies, or rather, higher leveled.

Andy1423
Mar 31, 2008, 09:43 AM
Everyone talks about insane difficulty. I think SEGA should just put maybe one more layer like an S3 rank then just go ahead and make an ULTIMATE difficulty. (actually labeled ultimate)

But along with that, YES - make the game like DIABLO 2. "Minions get stronger based off the characters in the room." This is a great concept which should be implemented in the game.

Or ever an alternate way of viewing this, Number of players in room: has direct outcome of the creature level. In other words the more people the harder the mission will be, but also the better item drops you will get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-03-31 07:49 ]</font>

Lance813
Mar 31, 2008, 02:42 PM
ha ha an S3? i think just "Ultimate" sounds better, and they should add new monsters you can only get in Ult mode (hmmm.. sounds like PSO) but that is a really good idea.

They should make a difficulty that just beats the living hell out of us.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 02:59 PM
On 2008-03-29 13:24, Isabella wrote:

We have those, their called Jashugans and Tenghogs.

Apone
Mar 31, 2008, 05:06 PM
If only they could make it so the actual number of onscreen enemies could increase significantly with a bigger party without making the game engine explode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lvyhd
Mar 31, 2008, 05:12 PM
one thing they need to do is import a multiplayer aspect like if you have 4 characters on 1 account 2 can play at once like pso either that or pvp would be ideal for this game

Isabella
Mar 31, 2008, 05:15 PM
On 2008-03-31 12:59, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-03-29 13:24, Isabella wrote:

We have those, their called Jashugans and Tenghogs.

I know...I Added that to the list of things Psu HAS.

Nuclearranger
Apr 2, 2008, 12:18 AM
So noone disagrees with this pretty much Im not sure why they didn't... they did for PSO.. even though that was a different circumstance.

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2008, 02:08 PM
There's already a lower-level "solo" mode... lock your game and play S difficulty instead of S2. Of course that advice would only apply if S2 was hard for a team, which it's not. Really what people are excited about is the idea of making enemies DIFFICULT again which someone at Sega seems completely opposed to.

... I agree its silly right now, my cast FF can take out most mobs in Egg Thieves S with two PA moves, and it kicks up to OMG TWO PA combos (and it's Dugrega so there's no like risk or anything) for Gainzeros. Seriously you've gotta run into 2-3 mobs at a time on every character in the group before a fight lasts long enough to break your walking pace!

On the other hand, just the way that party and event missions are laid out (Bruce, HSM, everything with Fire gohmon lol) are at least a fun jog and take some co-ordination. If it was HARD even with a perfect party and everyone knowing what they're doing I think it would be a much worse problem than just having an easy game.

"you can't get anything interesting without a good team, and finding the right people takes forever"
"people are such elitists about race/class/equipment"
"I can't get anything done with my human character"

Too bad there's no high-level version of Military Subway, a bunch of those rifle guys at lv130 would really cause problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-02 13:20 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Apr 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
S for solo is a *temp. FIX* for the issue but it is not resolved as some monsters drop more on S2.

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-04-02 13:05, NuclearRanger wrote:
S for solo is a *temp. FIX* for the issue but it is not resolved as some monsters drop more on S2.

Dial 'S' for 'solo' lol

... well here's the thing about me suggesting that - it was sort of a joke, for the exact reason you're pointing out.

Everyone here is thinking it would be awesome for enemy levels to go up as you get a bigger party, so that they last for like a second or two on a big team... but enemy levels = better drops.

I think the only emotion most gamers feel is one of wildly inflated entitlement, if we could push up monster levels by teaming the original reason for throwing harder mobs would be irrelevant... overnight the game would be one of "OMG YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE 6 PPL ON YOUR TEAM TO GET THE 11*/12* RARES THAT SUCKS"

It would be possible to see something like *more* same-level enemies and see buffs on the ones that are already there as team size goes up... for difficulty, 6 people really deserve 3x as many enemies with king buffs on everything you see.

But then you're doing almost the same work as soloing almost for 1/2 the loot drops, right? Who would do that?