PDA

View Full Version : PSU: SOLO Ftw ? > Friends + Rares + Hunting Party = Failur

MSAksion
Mar 29, 2008, 11:55 AM
Guys this is a TEAM BASED GAME!

People who want something need a TEAM to cover your own weakness. NOW it comes to Human FAILINGS. Humans are selfish by nature.

"What is in it for me?"
"Why should i help him he does not help me"
"i want it too why does he get it?"
"I could be soloing >__>"

Why can't people just get along, help Friend One find something then next time we find something for Friend Two?

I thought Friendship was good enough but people need to be BRIBED lately...

The question i pose to the GURHAL Community - how do you deal with people wanting something and they need a team to get it?

lethe
Mar 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
I help my friends, since they've gained my trust and i know they wont tuck tail and run after they finally get the item they were looking for.

Telina
Mar 29, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-03-29 09:55, MSAksion wrote:
Guys this is a TEAM BASED GAME!

People who want something need a TEAM to cover your own weakness. NOW it comes to Human FAILINGS. Humans are selfish by nature.

"What is in it for me?"
"Why should i help him he does not help me"
"i want it too why does he get it?"
"I could be soloing >__>"

Why can't people just get along, help Friend One find something then next time we find something for Friend Two?

I thought Friendship was good enough but people need to be BRIBED lately...

The question i pose to the GURHAL Community - how do you deal with people wanting something and they need a team to get it?

Thanks for poining out what we already know to great extent http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But really there is no 'weakness' you need a 'team' to 'cover' for in this game. As far as most of the community is concerned, more players just increase the likelyhood of them NOT getting a rare if one happens to drop.

But to answer your question and make my post less like spam, I play with friends, and you can't expect others to extend their hand in assistance first. First extend yours, and see if you don't make friends who are willing to help out. (not that you don't have friends, i'm not insinuating that at all, sry if it seems that way)

Neith
Mar 29, 2008, 12:07 PM
Some people enjoy soloing, believe it or not.

I'd rather play with friends, but in the event they're not online, I would MUCH rather solo than go anywhere near Universe 2.

When I play with friends, we always hunt what each other want. For example, we hunted in Desert Terror S2 for ages until one of my friends got a Gudda Hon. He helps me sometimes in Hive, hunting Agito Repca. As far as I'm concerned, I'm willing to help friends hunt anything they want- provided it isn't something I want (my wants are really limited though, pretty much Repca, and that's it), and provided they help me now and again.

I don't know if you're speaking from personal experience with friends, but in all the time I've played, its generally been common sense to help each other out.

Edit: However, I would never hunt something I wanted in an open game on Uni2. There's far too many people who would keep the item if it dropped. No way in hell I'd hunt Repca for it to go to someone else. I trust my friends though, and I'm pretty sure they'd hand it over if it ever dropped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-03-29 10:09 ]</font>

cheapgunner
Mar 29, 2008, 12:07 PM
All my real friends stopped playing months ago. Now I'm just floating aroung this abysmal game trying to not pull the plug on my guardians license. I feel so empty now, I just solo and group up with randoms to just try and get some kind of feeling from this easy button mashing game for preschoolers... >.>

Neith
Mar 29, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-03-29 10:07, cheapgunner wrote:
All my real friends stopped playing months ago. Now I'm just floating aroung this abysmal game trying to not pull the plug on my guardians license. I feel so empty now, I just solo and group up with randoms to just try and get some kind of feeling from this easy button mashing game for preschoolers... >.>

If it's such a dire disappointment, why are you still playing? I'm sick of people digging into the game, but will they quit? No, of course not. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but generally you don't play games you don't like?

Kylie
Mar 29, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm aware that a lot of people on PSU are selfish, and there's little anyone can do about it. Personally, I just care about how I come off, and I try to make sure what I stand for translates into how I play the game. There have been many situations where I've given up an item I could have used because I felt the other person needed it more, or wanted it more. As for soloing and just playing with friends, every person is entitled to their own preference. Sure, it's frustrating to see a list of a bunch of locked rooms, but if someone rather be alone or with people they trust, then I'd honestly rather them do that. I'm not going to say they should be playing with everyone else because I don't know which they're really most comfortable with.

Gama
Mar 29, 2008, 12:14 PM
i cant say tht iīm selfish i actually like to help lower lvls ( i have more fun) but also i renember tht i was hunting for a shato and a fortetecher lvl 70+ dont renember... asked if i was hunting it, i said yes, and added but if we hunt it togueder u can have it first. because i know really well the maps and like sakura blast lvl. but its true one of the things tht piss me off with some ppl is tht thay are selfish and some of them dont keep theyr promisses(lost a uransara tht f way) but i got it later so im not mad anymore. but 0% trust now T_T
on player tht i will always trust is deathleo because he s very generou always always offers help and stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif hes a good friend.

but oh well if you see me around i do keep what i say and i like to help if im not busy. im not playing atm because im wqaiting for a new Credit card T_T

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 29, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-03-29 10:07, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Some people enjoy soloing, believe it or not.

I'm willing to help friends hunt anything they want- provided it isn't something I want

90% of the time, thats why I'd Help others hunt.

drizzle
Mar 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
What? It's a solo game with team options.

darkante
Mar 30, 2008, 06:46 AM
I really despise to solo but yeah majority of the time if you play around random peps.
They just wonīt fucking share and are so damn greedy.

I wish for once i could build a full team i could trust in.
I would likely do several runs of DG S2 just for the damn Rattlesnake and Shigga Baret.

Otherwise..that mission is too fricking annoying and depends more on luck for survival.
That mission just blows all the fun that is left in the game because you are flying around like a ragdoll all the time and the boss isnīt easy either.

Darkly
Mar 30, 2008, 04:52 PM
this game is just dire going solo - only time i used to solo was when i was PA levelling. If my friends arn't on i will play another game - i suppose i am just jaded really by this game and i need a few friends to make it a good laugh.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2008, 07:01 AM
I prefer to play with friends...but sometimes I don't have the patience to deal with the drama. Everyone needs to just shut thier mouth sometimes.

panzer_unit
Apr 1, 2008, 08:56 AM
I've got just about everything I want for now. All I really want is meseta, sometimes I'm in a rush for MP as well.

I like the Party missions, 12* boards and everyone gets the same reward for S-rank.

Tetsaru
Apr 1, 2008, 09:35 AM
On 2008-03-30 04:46, darkante wrote:
I would likely do several runs of DG S2 just for the damn Rattlesnake and Shigga Baret.

Otherwise..that mission is too fricking annoying and depends more on luck for survival.
That mission just blows all the fun that is left in the game because you are flying around like a ragdoll all the time and the boss isnīt easy either.

THIS.

Now you know why I'm so clingy to a lot of my gun weapons: most of em are on missions people just don't want to do. =/

Zarode
Apr 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
When I hunt, I party with people I know I can trust.

When I hunt with randoms, I do it because of any reason but to hunt for items.

When I solo, it's mostly because I want to be left alone, and would rather work for my selfish gains by myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seority
Apr 1, 2008, 02:31 PM
(If you can...)
Solo what can be soloed
Party when you must party.

I like the fact there are some missions set up so it's possible to solo it. Then there are certain missions, with certain drops that require groups. It makes people come together, find friends, and help each other out.

Believe it or not, you can find many nice, potential friends, on Uni 2. There are few, but most annoying, people, but yay for b-listing.

Being supremely good at soloing doesn't mean you're better then others, nor is always doing group missions.

To build your own skill, solo. To build your skills with others, group. Great options I'd say. I'd rather have that choice, then just be stuck to soloing on story mode constantly. XP

LLSmoothJ
Apr 3, 2008, 03:32 PM
If I want something badly, I either solo for it or play with friends. The last time I was looking for a Grand Cross, I ended up getting booted from a random party (Which is why I rarely, if ever, play in random parties aside from buff parties.) If you have problems finding friends you should find and join a guild. There are plenty of good ones out there.