PDA

View Full Version : Various frag PAs

Randomness
Mar 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
After running a bunch of the new mission (and getting no luck), I actually have a bunch of frags laying around, with nothing I particularly want.

I'm curious how some of the new AoI PAs are. Specifically, how are the twin dagger and whip PAs, compared to other options for them?

Turb0
Mar 30, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have the twin dagger one and stopped using at as soon as it got to 11. It probably has potential if you get used to it, I just found it really hard to even hit enemies with. I also have the 75 frag one (hishou or something like that) but I find that too situational so I use renkai most of the time.

Randomness
Mar 30, 2008, 08:11 PM
Well, that answers that question. I use almost every weapon in the game, so if you want to suggest something else, go ahead. (Basically, I don't use axes or twin sabers, and thats about it)

Chuck_Norris
Mar 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'd say the Twin Dagger one is pretty good. Good to deal damage, and dodge attacks with. Haven't tried the Whip yet.

And i really recomend trying Twin Sabers if you pick up Hurricane Cross. Quite a good PA. Think Majarra with more hits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-30 18:15 ]</font>

th0rnz
Mar 30, 2008, 08:15 PM
Single Handed Dagger Ultimate PA.

Hikai Shuha-zan

I use it paired with an x-bow on my fighgunner and it's like a 1-handed Dus Majarra.

GreenArcher
Mar 30, 2008, 08:41 PM
Absolute Dance is really nice if you can survive leveling it to 11, the second hit is beautfiul

Tulio07
Mar 30, 2008, 08:58 PM
I love absolute Dance ... BUT it is also very situational and has a high patience curve while learnign what it's good for. In the right area (like most of Awoken Serpent) it's amazing, but not useful in as many situations as say spiral dance.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
You should be able to get Absolute dance from lv 1 to lv 11 in less than three hours at awoken serpent A, perhaps even faster on s or s2.

Absolute dance is a lot like a woman; The top and bottom parts are purely for showing off but the most useful part is in the middle.

I dont have much experience with the new ult twin dagger Pa (still less than 11) but so far I feel that its fairly artistic. I hear some people say its difficult to connect with but I'm thinking theres just a trick that you need to learn in order to control it, much like the Ult single dagger Pa that rolls you up like Sonic.

Randomness
Mar 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
On 2008-03-30 18:12, Chuck_Norris wrote:
I'd say the Twin Dagger one is pretty good. Good to deal damage, and dodge attacks with. Haven't tried the Whip yet.

And i really recomend trying Twin Sabers if you pick up Hurricane Cross. Quite a good PA. Think Majarra with more hits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-03-30 18:15 ]</font>

Does it level like Majarra?

DreXxiN
Mar 30, 2008, 10:51 PM
I got the whip first myself, followed by Cross Hurricane, which is the best thing against bosses in my opinion for a fighter if you are not using jabroga or you are not a fortefighter/protranser.

Shake
Mar 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
I have yet to get Hishou, but I'm familiar with Renga. After getting it 21+ I barely use it. Sometimes I'll switch to it for multi-boxed enemies, but overall I do more damage with other PAs. I don't regret buying it, though. I like the way it looks. As far as whips go, I prefer Vivi Danga. I've had an easier time keeping myself interrupt-free with it.

painXxX
Mar 30, 2008, 11:47 PM
majjara is a great skill..it was the first ultimate I got and the first one I got past level 30..but hishou is good in bosses smaller enemies don't get hit well by it becuase it knocks them back further than what you can hit. the new twin claw skill is good and only 10 frags..the first to combo's always come through for me when all my other weapons run out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mvffin
Mar 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
the whip is great. does much more dmg than the regular one, only drawback is a slight pause inbetween the two parts. I also like the slicer one, and I've heard good things about cross hurricane

VetroDrago
Mar 31, 2008, 12:16 AM
I have the cheap costing dagger art (renga I think), and chuei (cheap twin claws art). They are so worth your frags. The dagger art is good at going around an enemy and hitting it in the back. Personally, I think the twin claws art is the most broken art for its tiny cost.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 31, 2008, 12:19 AM
if you plan on ever going fighmaster, I'd definitely get absolute dance. It's only real downfall is the speed, and even that isn't so bad with the awesome second hit. But with the speed boost of fighmaster... hell of a PA it'll be

THE JACKEL

desturel
Mar 31, 2008, 12:42 AM
I like the twin dagger PA, but it's mainly for use against large creatures and bosses so I find it most useful on acrotecher and acrofighter. The first and second parts of the move knock over large creatures while the third part does a large amount of damage.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 12:48 AM
Speaking of Frag PAs maybe u can help me out also.

Idk what PAs to get anymore....

I've gotten ALL the tech PAs...

For Gun PAs I HAVE...

Killer Shot
Barada Chamga
Yak Mayalee (or w/e the first ult. Crossbow is lol)
The first of the laser cannon PAs
Twin Mayalee
Boma Duranga
Mayalee Fury

For Skill PAs i DONT HAVE....

Either one of the Claw PAs
The first Twin Claw PA
Whip
.... I think thats it... lol

should i get any of the claw PAs? im already planning on getting the whip.

And are there really any good useful gun PAs besides Killer shot and boma duranga? lol

Turb0
Mar 31, 2008, 01:01 AM
Not sure which crossbow you have but I got zagenga (gets stronger as you lose health) not too long ago and it seems to be really good. I have zagenga at 25 and the fire bullet at 23 and zagenga's atp modifier is ~22% higher. The only problem with it is being in a party with techers. Other than that, idk you seem to have most of the good ones although I haven't had a lot of experience on my gunner yet.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 01:03 AM
On 2008-03-30 23:01, Turb0 wrote:
Not sure which crossbow you have but I got zagenga (gets stronger as you lose health) not too long ago and it seems to be really good. I have zagenga at 25 and the fire bullet at 23 and zagenga's atp modifier is ~22% higher. The only problem with it is being in a party with techers. Other than that, idk you seem to have most of the good ones although I haven't had a lot of experience on my gunner yet.

whoops... thats what i meant zangenga.

I got zangega to lvl 30 A YEAR AGO XD

i got it to 30 looking for halp serafis LAST YEAR lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mll
Mar 31, 2008, 05:26 AM
Renga's just for show really. Its quite good against large multi-part enemies but theres other stronger pa's for that. I've been finding it more or less impossible to hit smaller enemies with with any kind of consistency.
Vivi Danga's a stronger version of vishi grudda, slightly smaller range though. Its worth getting when you get a chance.

Both of the single claw pa's are good, nothing special but good. Senten's main strength is its speed, great for worms and the second part is incredibly strong. Bukuu is a good aoe pa, quite safe, quite good damage.

daniel_drago
Mar 31, 2008, 06:46 AM
On 2008-03-30 18:59, RAGNAGELPPOD wrote:

Absolute dance is a lot like a woman; The top and bottom parts are purely for showing off but the most useful part is in the middle.

How have you n ot been bitched slapped yet? Like the comment al most made me choke on my pizza lol (not that I agree with him)

Absolute dance i have no experience with as i hate doublesabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah renga is showy but it's good just hard to get used to.
Hurricane cross is very nice can cause a lot of damage.
twin claw chouie? Thats more for show but does incredible damage.

In all honesty there all for show and do decent damage..well most of them atleast.

Cry0
Mar 31, 2008, 09:03 AM

That one is one for the books. Awesome. In any case, get spiral dance, and go annoy some people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

None of the ultimate dagger pa's stand up to renkai though. Waste of time, imo.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 31, 2008, 09:53 AM
On 2008-03-31 04:46, daniel_drago wrote:

How have you n ot been bitched slapped yet? Like the comment al most made me choke on my pizza lol (not that I agree with him)

Absolute dance i have no experience with as i hate doublesabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah renga is showy but it's good just hard to get used to.
Hurricane cross is very nice can cause a lot of damage.
twin claw chouie? Thats more for show but does incredible damage.

In all honesty there all for show and do decent damage..well most of them atleast.

Chuei...does damage, i laugh at that. With Renzan Seidan-ga and Rensan Senshu-ga i do WAY more damage and i don't look like a fag doing that move, i honestly don't know why i lvl'ed that PA up at all

JarinKail
Mar 31, 2008, 10:07 AM
On 2008-03-30 22:48, pikachief wrote:
And are there really any good useful gun PAs besides Killer shot and boma duranga? lol

Phantasm Prism.

painXxX
Mar 31, 2008, 10:45 AM
there really going with the master classes?well I did look at them and I thought they were bad..but only my opinion cuz I read they can use S-rank double sabers axes spears and think knucles then under that it said that they can only use S-rank armor/weapons..did I just read it wrong?

mll
Mar 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
Any tips on how to get used to renga, I gave up using it on standard mobs a while ago.

And does anyone know if Spinning Strike is any good I was thinking of picking it up.

stukasa
Mar 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
On 2008-03-31 08:07, JarinKail wrote:

On 2008-03-30 22:48, pikachief wrote:

Phantasm Prism.

Don't forget we're getting that elemental laser boost soon which will make Phantasm Prism less useful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Well, unless you only plan on using one laser bullet.

On 2008-03-31 10:55, mll wrote:
And does anyone know if Spinning Strike is any good I was thinking of picking it up.

I like Spinning Strike, it's pretty fun to use. I should warn you that the first hit takes a second to start. I'm an AF so I don't notice it that much... I'm not sure if it would be a problem for another class or not. Probably not, if you attack from the side/back.

Hrith
Mar 31, 2008, 01:34 PM
There is no getting used to Renga Chujin-shou http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It just sucks if you do not use it on bosses.
Spinning Strike is a very average PA. It can only hit one target, but other PAs which hit several targets still have higher DPS than Spinning Strike.

Vivi Danga makes Visshi Grudda obsolete, and levels really fast.

Absolute Dance and Tornado Dance are both compulsory if you play Fighgunner seriously.

Ikk Hikk is one of the most powerful move in the game, but it's slow, usable on like 2% of the monsters in the game; it's also nearly impossible to land all hits on anything but a boss.

Cross Hurricane is really nice, it's an exaggerated Dus Majarra, more power, but even more vulnerable.

Chuei Jitotsushin is decent, but very awkward to use, and very susceptible to interruptions.

Bukuu Saien-zan has a very good first part and an incredibly awful second part, disappointing.

Choutou Kantsu-jin is another disappointing move.

Urtri
Mar 31, 2008, 01:34 PM
To Randomness - I can Really Recommend Cross Huricane and Vivi Grudda (or is it the other one i cant remeber) as both deal a lot of damage (and X Huricane Hits Taller Targets Hard). It also worth investing in Both the Claw and Twin Claw PA's as the 1 Handed Claw is Great on Mobs and the twin on Multi Hitbox

To Pika Cheif - you already have many of the Best Gun Pa's. but if you must get another think about getting Twin Peirceing (i refuse to call it Pentration) as it can easily make short work on Fast Small Targets like Bardira and Ageeta's (and there AotI counterparts) and help you Tag others before they get Wiped out. Oh and Get Both Claw Frag PA's (AotI and vanilla) they are both worth it

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 02:45 PM
On 2008-03-31 11:34, Urtri wrote:
To Randomness - I can Really Recommend Cross Huricane and Vivi Grudda (or is it the other one i cant remeber) as both deal a lot of damage (and X Huricane Hits Taller Targets Hard). It also worth investing in Both the Claw and Twin Claw PA's as the 1 Handed Claw is Great on Mobs and the twin on Multi Hitbox

To Pika Cheif - you already have many of the Best Gun Pa's. but if you must get another think about getting Twin Peirceing (i refuse to call it Pentration) as it can easily make short work on Fast Small Targets like Bardira and Ageeta's (and there AotI counterparts) and help you Tag others before they get Wiped out. Oh and Get Both Claw Frag PA's (AotI and vanilla) they are both worth it

oh ok thnx i was wondering on what claw PAs to get, i guess i'll get both, and thanks for reminding me about the twin handgun PA! i was planning on getting them but i completely forgot about them! idc what other people say about them, i can make use of them. They'll also be especially helpful in SW with me cuz everything spawns in groups http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Randomness
Mar 31, 2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds like my list is then Vivi Danga followed by Cross Hurricane. (Already got Chuei, at 10 frags, figured it was simple enough to try out. And the first hit is definitely comparable to Renzan's imo. With the bonus of flying.