PDA

View Full Version : Acromaster Speculation Thread

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 02:20 AM
Speculation threads suck. Here's my speculation on Acromaster:

Acromaster
Special abilities
* Exhibit faster attack and TECHNIC casting motion. (Same speed as Fighmaster and Masterforce)
* PP cost reduction for Skills and TECHNICs

Requirements
* Acrofighter LV10, Acrotecher LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: LV40
* Bullets: x
* Attack TECHNICs: x
* Support TECHNICs: LV40

Equipment
* Weapons: S-rank only
* Line shields: S-rank only
* Units: C-S rank
* Traps: Damage Trap G

Weapon restrictions
* 1h Dagger, Whip, Shadoog, Madoog

Note: The PP penalty for both Fighmaster and Masterforce is obviously a counter to both their increase in attack and casting speed. Since the Acro class is known for its speed, the only option other than to make Acromaster faster than any other Master class (which doesn't seem like a good idea) is to take off the PP penalty. I went one further and speculated that Acromaster will have their PP efficiency on par with the forte classes.

ashley50
Mar 31, 2008, 02:21 AM
uhm...ok?

Anduril
Mar 31, 2008, 02:22 AM
ONly problem I can see with having AcroMaster having Requirements of AF10 and AT10 is the fact that on the NA/EU servers we have that glitch that raises 1-10 so fast.

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 02:37 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:22, Anduril wrote:
ONly problem I can see with having AcroMaster having Requirements of AF10 and AT10 is the fact that on the NA/EU servers we have that glitch that raises 1-10 so fast.

It's not a glitch, the reason it's so fast to level the Acro class is because they were added to the game at a much later date (AoI Release) than all the other classes. Their EXP growth were made in such a way so players were able to "catch-up" quickly with this new class.

Since the Acromaster class is also following the Acro suite by arriving much later than the other classes, I guess it's a good thing that it won't be too hard to obtain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2008-03-31 00:21, ashley50 wrote

uhm...ok?

People take the time to say... that?

Retehi
Mar 31, 2008, 02:47 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:21, ashley50 wrote:
uhm...ok?

Are you... a Final Fantasy character... or something?...

mvffin
Mar 31, 2008, 02:48 AM
Agree with most of that, but I think it should have Slicer and not Dagger.

40/0/0/40 may be considered broken, I'd be happy if it were 30/0/0/40 or 40/0/0/30 or 30/0/0/30.

They'll probably give it some type of attack tech too, even if it is only lvl 10.

thats my prediction. I'd love to have a pallet of Sanzu/Frauduke and Pushan/Adac. = )

*FF would still be better though.

R2D6battlebot
Mar 31, 2008, 02:54 AM
The way it is up there, the only weapon that is able to do damage is a single dagger, and a Shadoog. Not only could that class not solo some quests, it wouldnt be able to solo anything efficiently at all. A more realistic weapon choice would be if instead of a Wand it had a Slicer. You could still cast all the support magic on a Madoog, and would still be able to do a substantial amount of damage in a party.

The_Brimada
Mar 31, 2008, 03:01 AM
Agreed. All the new items introduced through acros should be the ones acromaster gets, meaning slicer, whip, madoog, shadoog. Doesn't mean it will be if we do get it, just seems likely to me.

YUKI_N
Mar 31, 2008, 03:10 AM
What I'd like to see

Requirements
* Acrofighter LV15, Fighgunner LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: LV50
* Support TECHNICs: x

Weapon restrictions
* 1h Dagger, 1h Saber, Slicer, Shadoog

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 03:23 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:48, mvffin wrote:

40/0/0/40 may be considered broken, I'd be happy if it were 30/0/0/40 or 40/0/0/30 or 30/0/0/30.

They'll probably give it some type of attack tech too, even if it is only lvl 10.

thats my prediction. I'd love to have a pallet of Sanzu/Frauduke and Pushan/Adac. = )

I pretty much agree with you; the hardest part was speculating the Skill and Technic cap. The reason why I don't think the Skill cap will be lower than 40 is because it'd make Acromaster inferior to Acrofighter in terms of melee, which going by the other Masterclasses doesn't seem consistent. On the other hand your point about 40/0/0/30 seems to be much better than my original speculation.

The reason why I left out the Slicer is because its the only exclusive S-Rank the Acrofighter has, and it seems if the Acromaster was able to weild Slicers, there'd be little point to use an Acrofighter. Whips are fine, since Acrotechers will still have Lv50 Support exclusivity as well as sufficient TECHNIC power.

I did speculate about Lvl10 TECHNIC for Acromasters, seeing how that would reflect Masterforces with their 0/0/50/10, but due to Acromasters melee proficiency it'd make Lvl10 spells completely redundant, not even the SE benefit would be worth the trouble.

On 2008-03-31 00:54, R2D6battlebot wrote:

The way it is up there, the only weapon that is able to do damage is a single dagger, and a Shadoog. Not only could that class not solo some quests, it wouldnt be able to solo anything efficiently at all. A more realistic weapon choice would be if instead of a Wand it had a Slicer. You could still cast all the support magic on a Madoog, and would still be able to do a substantial amount of damage in a party.

I do hear ya on the damage part and it did get my head scratching. Also did you mean to say 'Whip' when you said 'Wand'?

I've said my piece about Slicers for the Acromaster, but I guess I'm pretty open to speculate that it may be a wise addition. That being said, the point about the current Weapon roster being pretty weak is a good one, but I think there's a way to change this without altering the weapons. With this speculation, Acromaster will be the only class to have a Whip with lvl 31+ PA. As we know already, the Whip has 1 combo at 1 - 10 and 2 combo's at 11 - 20; no further combo is added 21 - 30. At 31+, the Whip could obtain its 3rd combo, which could be used to deal massive AoE damage - this should hopefully make the Acromaster a lot more damaging.

ashley50
Mar 31, 2008, 03:39 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:47, Retehi wrote:

On 2008-03-31 00:21, ashley50 wrote:
uhm...ok?

Are you... a Final Fantasy character... or something?...

Squall was...my...Uncle.

also no more from me...to prevent this...topic from derailing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-31 01:49 ]</font>

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 03:47 AM
On 2008-03-31 01:39, ashley50 wrote:

Squall was...my...Uncle.

Who was your aunt? Rinoa or Seifer?

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 31, 2008, 03:57 AM
whip is a 1 handed weapon, all 1 handed weapons have no more than a 2-hit combo. In fact when you get a PA, you know exactly how many combos it will have by it's description.

THE JACKEL

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 05:35 AM
On 2008-03-31 01:57, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
whip is a 1 handed weapon, all 1 handed weapons have no more than a 2-hit combo. In fact when you get a PA, you know exactly how many combos it will have by it's description.

THE JACKEL

Ahh interesting bit o' info! Well there goes my theory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Although it has led me to an idea, what if the Acromaster has a special perk that allows 1h weapons to have 3-hit combo's at Lvl31+? This perk should probably replace the PP reduction one I speculated.

chaoskila
Mar 31, 2008, 05:39 AM
acromaster is the SUPER wartecher

icewyrm
Mar 31, 2008, 05:40 AM
super failtecher?

RemiusTA
Mar 31, 2008, 06:15 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:20, TheFonz wrote:

Acromaster
Special abilities
* Exhibit faster attack and TECHNIC casting motion. (Same speed as Fighmaster and Masterforce)

Requirements

Photon art caps

Equipment

Weapon restrictions

Note: The PP penalty for both Fighmaster and Masterforce is obviously a counter to both their increase in attack and casting speed. Since the Acro class is known for its speed, the only option other than to make Acromaster faster than any other Master class (which doesn't seem like a good idea) is to take off the PP penalty. I went one further and speculated that Acromaster will have their PP efficiency on par with the forte classes.

An "acromaster" completely defeats the purpose of the "master" class. The acro class is a hybrid for quick and one handed weapons, They've already balanced it enough without breaking the game. That, and Acrotecher already has lv 50 support spells, so there really isnt much to beef them up on without imbalancing something.

Besides, no amount of speed past WTFBROKN can make whips, single daggers, shadoogs and madoogs a useful weapon combo. The point of the master classes being restricted to these weapons is that they are generally GOOD rounded weapons for staying alive with. Superspeed whip PAs would just be annoying.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2008, 06:21 AM
Right now, Acromaster doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I wouldn't mind if it isn't released for a while, if ever.

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 06:53 AM
Acrotecher
Acrofighter

Gunmaster
Fighmaster
Mastertecher

you cant take two class types - Acro - Master and make a class out of that (¯-¯')

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 06:56 AM
While were speculating ridiculous types lets throw out Fortemaster Gunfightecher and Acroforte

icewyrm
Mar 31, 2008, 06:59 AM
It's just because theres an acromaster in the offline game data (along with the three released master classes), thats the cause of the speculation.

daniel_drago
Mar 31, 2008, 07:03 AM
I highly doubt they will bring it online just like some of the other things that are offline and not online I.e Whitill wings.

For shits and giggles I thought I'de speculate the acromaster, although I completely diasgree with the Idea of such a class.

-One press of X/Y/Down/right will cause you to perform the entire weapon combo due to it'slightning fast speed.
-Will share similar PP defficency as other Master classes.

PA's
well I physicaly can't think of any without treading on the toes of Wartechers.
I would say 30 across the board but thats better than an Wartecher then. maybe 30/10/10/20? As acrotecher has a strange range weapon setup It would only be fair to incude some bullet PA's.
But ohwait the Master classes arn't surpossed to be able to complete certain missions with an S rank.

Sorry for ridculing the entire Idea of acromaster. I know I've been a bit of an 'asshat' in some of the other posts about the Master classes but my counter argument about Acromaster being in the offline data is "It was most likely a prototype and therefore may never appear online as it could of been (insert your own fault here"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daniel_drago on 2008-03-31 05:14 ]</font>

EMPYREAN
Mar 31, 2008, 07:05 AM
On 2008-03-31 04:15, RemiusTA wrote:

They've already balanced it enough without breaking the game. That, and Acrotecher already has lv 50 support spells

k, i was on a break from vinter event untill the LV130 cap. durig that time, when did AT get lv 50 support spells?

icewyrm
Mar 31, 2008, 07:09 AM
He's talking about the JP servers, acrotecher got 50 support at the same time the master classes were released there.

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 07:12 AM
On 2008-03-31 05:05, EMPYREAN wrote:

They've already balanced it enough without breaking the game. That, and Acrotecher already has lv 50 support spells

k, i was on a break from vinter event untill the LV130 cap. durig that time, when did AT get lv 50 support spells?

AT's have 50 support on the Asia server, scheduled to be implemented on Western servers sometime before 2009~ (°-°')

TheFonz
Mar 31, 2008, 07:32 AM
Calm down people! No need to get yo panties in a twist,

Anyway, I agree that the thought of an Acromaster doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Masterclasses, which is why it wasn't that much of a straight forward process to speculate this class. That being said, the reason for this speculation (as already been stated) is because data for Fighmaster, Gunmaster, Masterforce and Acromaster were found way before these classes were announced. Whether Acromaster will ever exist is an entirely different speculation, so for this topic lets just assume the Acromaster will make an appearance.

Ezodagrom
Mar 31, 2008, 08:06 AM
Ideas for acromaster...let's see...
- Saber, Dagger, Slicer, Whip, and 50/0/0/0 (or maybe Saber, Dagger, Claw, Whip, or even Saber, Dagger, Claw, Slicer, Whip...but I don't think it would have the five 1-handed hunter weapons)
- Twin Saber, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw, Knuckles, and 50/0/0/0 (a class like this would be funny and wouldn't make other classes obsolete, but it wouldn't have the name "acromaster" like this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

EMPYREAN
Mar 31, 2008, 08:25 AM
On 2008-03-31 05:12, PhdChristmas wrote:

On 2008-03-31 05:05, EMPYREAN wrote:

AT's have 50 support on the Asia server, scheduled to be implemented on Western servers sometime before 2009~ (°-°')

ok tnx 4 the info. wish ppl would stop talking aboute PA lvs that arent in US servers

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 09:18 AM
If were going to speculate we should blow it out of proportion.

Highest evp

Below average dfp (just alittle above FT?)

Basic sta

average atp

average ata

average tp

FT health

S rank Only 1-h/pistol(cant possibly give these guys xbow), twins & 'mag device' weaponry

ridiculous attack speed

Snare traps only

generally unmatched in speed and evp. atp multiplied when attacking the mob's back with 1h weaponry. (No twins)

HUMAN only class. That way there will be a reason behind leveling mah HUMAN!

Tamashi
Mar 31, 2008, 09:21 AM

That right there shows you how much people have completely forgotten about Wartecher.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2008, 09:22 AM
On 2008-03-31 07:18, PhdChristmas wrote:

I don't see this happening...ever.

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 09:35 AM
On 2008-03-31 07:22, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-03-31 07:18, PhdChristmas wrote:

I don't see this happening...ever.

/darthvader
nooOOooooooooooooooooOoo

anyone have any crea doubles they'd like to donate to the cause!? >:E

mvffin
Mar 31, 2008, 09:43 AM
On 2008-03-31 07:21, Tamashi wrote:

That right there shows you how much people have completely forgotten about Wartecher.

If you check my sig, you'll see I have a 130 F Beast WT.

Just because the PA caps are similar doesn't mean they're the same class. I'm just trying to speculate how they will include AF traits and AT traits into one class without it being completely broken or completely useless. Also, WT can't use ANY of the weapons listed as S-ranks, can't use slicer at all, but has a much more diverse pallet selection.

So, my theory on AM is that it will take the core of an AF (Slicer/Shadoog) and the core of an AT (Whip/Madoog) and put them together. PA levels may suffer a little, but thats the price of being a mix of two totally different styles.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 31, 2008, 09:57 AM
On 2008-03-31 00:37, TheFonz wrote:

It's not a glitch, the reason it's so fast to level the Acro class is because they were added to the game at a much later date (AoI Release) than all the other classes. Their EXP growth were made in such a way so players were able to "catch-up" quickly with this new class.

Since the Acromaster class is also following the Acro suite by arriving much later than the other classes, I guess it's a good thing that it won't be too hard to obtain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

uhm...ok?

It actually is a glitch left in from the AotI demo for people to see the stat progression for the new classes. They never took it out, got to love their fucked up programing

panzer_unit
Mar 31, 2008, 10:18 AM
On 2008-03-31 04:56, PhdChristmas wrote:
While were speculating ridiculous types lets throw out Fortemaster Gunfightecher and Acroforte

ProForte, ProTecher, MasterTrancer

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 31, 2008, 12:14 PM
On 2008-03-31 06:06, Ezodagrom wrote:
Ideas for acromaster...let's see...
- Saber, Dagger, Slicer, Whip, and 50/0/0/0 (or maybe Saber, Dagger, Claw, Whip, or even Saber, Dagger, Claw, Slicer, Whip...but I don't think it would have the five 1-handed hunter weapons)
- Twin Saber, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw, Knuckles, and 50/0/0/0 (a class like this would be funny and wouldn't make other classes obsolete, but it wouldn't have the name "acromaster" like this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Pretty much what I think, and what I'd like. Acromaster shouldn't be well-rounded and mostl likely be only good at one thing since the name 'Master' indicates specializing.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 12:17 PM

Acromaster
Special abilities

Requirements

Photon art caps
* Support TECHNICs: x

Equipment
* Traps: Confuse Trap G Freeze Trap G Burn Trap G

Weapon restrictions
* Dagger, Slicer, Shadoog, Saber

Theres mine. How can u not have the saber in there? lol

Also idk y me and my friends doubt acromaster having madoogs :/ personally i think that none of the master classes will have any weapons similar, to me that will defeat the purpose of 2 classes being the master of the same weapon.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2008, 12:27 PM
Call me crazy, but I see twin weapons working their way into their palettes. I suppose it's only because the PSP acromasters get twin weapons, and I know I can't speculate based on that, but the fact that fighmasters don't get twin weapons somewhat supports this as well.

That being said, I don't know what the hell is going to happen to acromaster. Because there is now one master class per race, and they specialize in said race's strengths, I can see acromaster being a balanced class using all weapon types to cater to humans. It'll probably be a really weird class, I can see that much.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 12:30 PM
i'd laugh if they got something like

Weapons: Madoog, Shadoog, Slicer, Whip, Dagger, Saber, Twin Saber Twin Dagger

lol

actually they could use...

Weapons: Saber, Dagger, Twin Saber, Twin Dagger.

hmmm i guess well have to wait and see. i cant wait! Acroclasses are my favorite! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kylie
Mar 31, 2008, 12:33 PM
Slicer
Whip
Shadoog
Madoog

Skills: 40
Range: X
Support: 50
Attack: 10

I don't care though; as long as there are whips with a LV40-50 cap.

Phetty
Mar 31, 2008, 02:40 PM
Though I know it's not a possibility these would be my thoughts of what Acromaster should be, but won't. Just as a little to why I think so is because I think the Gunmaster and Fighmaster should be masters of all two-handed weapons for their job.
So for Acromaster Id say:
Req: Acrotecher 10, Acrofighter 10, and Fighgunner 10
Of course the faster shooting speed on top of a slightly faster striking animation due to Acros already faster attacks, and S Rank only stuff apply too.
But for weapon selection Id say All single-handed range and striking with 50/50 for PAs. Of course for this vast selection of weapons I'd say stats would suffer a bit. Just a bit over Acrofighter ATP but less then Fighgunner, Fighgunner's ata, Acrotecher's TP, and possibly a slight boost to acrofighter's EVP, and Acrotecher's DFP. For HP I say more then Acrofighter, but not Fighgunner.

With Acrotecher getting 50 support I don't see a reason to give it to another class. Even if they did Acrotecher would still do better IMO as they lack the S-rank only issue, and I dislike S-rank daggers except the Halp.

gambit04
Mar 31, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hmm interseting topic as far as the weapons go I think it will end up slicer, whip, madoog, shadoog and maybe cards. Whose to say that they might not get a little larger weapon selection? But cards would be the first to go imo.

My guesses for pas would be 30/0/10/40 or if they get cards in there too...30/10/10/40

RemiusTA
Mar 31, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-03-31 07:57, DarkEliteRico wrote:

On 2008-03-31 00:37, TheFonz wrote:

uhm...ok?

It actually is a glitch left in from the AotI demo for people to see the stat progression for the new classes. They never took it out, got to love their fucked up programing

Yeah except it isnt a Glitch. -_-

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 31, 2008, 03:16 PM
On 2008-03-31 12:40, Phetty wrote:
Though I know it's not a possibility these would be my thoughts of what Acromaster should be, but won't. Just as a little to why I think so is because I think the Gunmaster and Fighmaster should be masters of all two-handed weapons for their job.
So for Acromaster Id say:
Req: Acrotecher 10, Acrofighter 10, and Fighgunner 10
Of course the faster shooting speed on top of a slightly faster striking animation due to Acros already faster attacks, and S Rank only stuff apply too.
But for weapon selection Id say All single-handed range and striking with 50/50 for PAs. Of course for this vast selection of weapons I'd say stats would suffer a bit. Just a bit over Acrofighter ATP but less then Fighgunner, Fighgunner's ata, Acrotecher's TP, and possibly a slight boost to acrofighter's EVP, and Acrotecher's DFP. For HP I say more then Acrofighter, but not Fighgunner.

With Acrotecher getting 50 support I don't see a reason to give it to another class. Even if they did Acrotecher would still do better IMO as they lack the S-rank only issue, and I dislike S-rank daggers except the Halp.

Acrofighter has more HP than Fighgunner. >.>

GuardianElite
Mar 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
you realise that not all master classes has 4 weps and that Masterforces get 3 weps. So they could have more than 4 weps.

xRedd206x
Mar 31, 2008, 04:46 PM
There no need for acromaster...just bump up the pas from 40 to 50=/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xRedd206x on 2008-03-31 14:47 ]</font>

lvyhd
Mar 31, 2008, 04:54 PM
yeah i would have to say S rank slicer shadoog madoog and wands for the weapon choice on acro master as far as tech 30att 50 support and lvl 30pa that would make more sense seeing as how acrotecher was mainly a support class put that all together and acromaster would pwn all lol

ChaosAngel92
Mar 31, 2008, 08:16 PM
I dont know about weapons or anything. Its quite complicated to think on acromaster IMHO. But there is a question on the weapon selection of the rest of the master jobs.....who gets the slicer? I think AM will get it.
I think actually it will have, weapons, some range and also technich. It will be one of this 2 options, a total fail. or the next ultra spammed job as fighgunner was in the old times.

Sayko
Apr 1, 2008, 09:08 AM
Um...Did the JP already or is about to get the master classes? I read about it and they say nothing about acromaster. There is just fightmaster, gunmaster, and masterforce.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 10:12 PM

Acromaster
Special abilities

Requirements

Photon art caps

Equipment

Weapon restrictions

Replace dagger with slicer imo. but that looks like a fair speculation. Good job.

bLOODSAW
Apr 2, 2008, 12:41 AM
When i first heard of the data for this class being found, my image of this class was a support dps class with limited weapon selection and the use of maybe one of the EX traps (i was thinking like a combination of transer and acrofighter/techer) and maybe sume support techs to go along with it.

But now that the master classes are out, i may have to rethink this theory severely as they turned out VIOLENTLY different from what i thought they'd be...

mvffin
Apr 2, 2008, 12:53 AM
On 2008-03-31 13:39, GuardianElite wrote:
you realise that not all master classes has 4 weps and that Masterforces get 3 weps. So they could have more than 4 weps.

if they do get more, I see saber, handgun, or dagger being thrown in there. Maybe cards even, since both AF and AT use cards. but not THAT many. It will probably be around 4-6 total weps though.