PDA

View Full Version : De Colte Line inscription story?????

Desecration
Mar 31, 2008, 04:06 PM
The inscription reads, "I will protect you, even though I shall never see you again."

Does anybody know what that means, like who wrote it, and why did they write it?

Edit - Fixed grammar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Desecration on 2008-03-31 14:59 ]</font>

Delete
Mar 31, 2008, 04:20 PM
maybe its something in the aoti online missions that you gotta listen for. Sounds like something ethan waber would say.

RedMussel
Mar 31, 2008, 04:21 PM
On 2008-03-31 14:20, Delete wrote:
maybe its something in the aoti online missions that you gotta listen for. Sounds like something ethan waber would say.

De Colte Line was in the game data before the expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedMussel on 2008-03-31 14:22 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Mar 31, 2008, 04:21 PM
yeah i know who wrote Sonic Team did and they did it because all items have descriptions

Gunslinger-08
Mar 31, 2008, 04:22 PM
Lots of speculation can come of this, but here's mine.

The maker of the armor might have been dying, and made it for someone special, so they said they'd protect that person through the armor, since they wouldn't be there in person to protect them from whatever.

Desecration
Mar 31, 2008, 04:26 PM
On 2008-03-31 14:22, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

The maker of the armor might have been dying, and made it for someone special, so they said they'd protect that person through the armor, since they wouldn't be there in person to protect them from whatever.

I thought it might be something similar to this as well, but I didn't know if there was a back-story on the armor that I didn't know about, so I thought Id ask.

Delete
Mar 31, 2008, 04:28 PM
De Colte Line was in the game data before the expansion.

even still, it sounds like something ethan would say because hes a noob.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delete on 2008-03-31 14:32 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 31, 2008, 04:29 PM
Do you guys really expect something deep from Sega's descriptions, considering everything else is "A super high end custom weapon with multiple unstable reactors. It's destructive power is unsurpassed."?

Delete
Mar 31, 2008, 04:33 PM
lol retehi, thats so true

Randomness
Mar 31, 2008, 04:37 PM
On 2008-03-31 14:29, Retehi wrote:
Do you guys really expect something deep from Sega's descriptions, considering everything else is "A super high end custom weapon with multiple unstable reactors. It's destructive power is unsurpassed."?

You forgot: "It uses the same reactor as the De Ragan Slayer" or "It can kill a De Ragan in one hit"

Maybe on C, lol. (Or with a brand new PA called Chikki-Jabroga Break, lol)

Desecration
Mar 31, 2008, 04:40 PM

But don't forget, in PSO the DB series had a back-story so its very possible this could have one too.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 31, 2008, 06:05 PM

More like hoping for a pleasant surprise than any sort of expectation.

Tamashi
Mar 31, 2008, 08:19 PM
On 2008-03-31 14:20, Delete wrote:

Now if only Ethan could make line shields that would actually be possible.

hiraisho
Mar 31, 2008, 08:22 PM
it drops in the new egg mission right? probably a reference to something within that.

Mikura
Mar 31, 2008, 08:41 PM
Could just be something simple like a man named "De Colte" who manufactured the armor for his beloved before he passed away. So it could just be a story that is totally unrelated and separate from anything that's going on in the PSU or AotI story lines, which is my guess.

DAMASCUS
Mar 31, 2008, 09:21 PM
Since there is no main story line in the next expansion that may give way for the short story missions of the past that would reveal some tidbits of back story as well as new plots to follow. Can you say "Doc's Research"?

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 11:23 PM
On 2008-03-31 14:22, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

A forbidden love between a cast assassin and a newman researcher that made devices for the assassin. (°A°')

Edit:
instead of someone dying (°A°) maybe the lovebirds went their different ways. Newman researcher wanted to make devices for people with good intentions. The researcher grew too attached to the cast and made the emotionless assassin one last device.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhdChristmas on 2008-03-31 21:36 ]</font>

Tita
Mar 31, 2008, 11:50 PM
and here i was thinking it had something to do with prior rpg PS installments.

(does it? anyone?)

zandra117
Apr 1, 2008, 07:59 AM
The description sounds like it would be for a ragol ring type item lol

panzer_unit
Apr 1, 2008, 08:45 AM
It's ironic because that shield provides some pretty crappy protection.

RedCoKid
Apr 1, 2008, 09:00 AM
De Colte Line wrote:
The inscription reads, "I will protect you, even though I shall never see you again."
I will protect you... = Near complete immunity from status effects, including instant death by megid.

...even though I shall never see you again = Low DFP/MST will kill you anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 08:59 PM
On 2008-04-01 06:45, panzer_unit wrote:

20 endurance means a lot to megid.

//
/
/
I also agree with mikura. maybe De Colte is a guy?
/
/
/
Even if all the descriptions in PSU suck, there was still PSO before this and that had all sorts of mysterious stuff in it, like flowen and that RAmar with the 4 sabers who looked 25 but was dieing of old age,,,

EDIT: After thought::: Think about a soldier in an army. Take one of the wars in american history that is not unsavory. Like ww2, soldiers were dieng to protect people from opression and fascism, people they didn't even know. But they were fighting none the less, so that some one far away, that they had never met, could live a good and free life..

Editted again because i didn't proof read.. <<;
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TecherRamen on 2008-04-01 19:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TecherRamen on 2008-04-01 19:04 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Apr 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
In v1, that girl that gives out the armor left the colony for Parum, she wouldn't speak to Ethan that much either.

darthplagis
Apr 2, 2008, 04:42 AM
well here is a thing i noticed. the description for the storm and twin tornado, mentions being made for an AMF officer who loves antiques right?

well look at the color of the said weapons and look at a certain bald NPC who uses a pallet of crea weapons (antiques or at least replicas), and openly says in NPC chatter that he used to be a marks man.

bruce commissioned the storm/line and twin tornado

as for de colte well that is to be seen in the future, still a cool armour for hive tho

Tianna
Apr 2, 2008, 02:43 PM
And just maybe the maker was a female with a severely co-dependant boyfriend that she had been trying to get rid of. She faked her own death and left him this armor with a note reading "Wear this and stand beneath an S2 dragon and it will protect you with the power of our love"

LOL

A bit cynical? maybe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

JAFO22000
Apr 2, 2008, 02:48 PM
The inscription sounds like something one of the kids here would paste over a crappy anime wallpaper and use in their signatures....

...just sayin'!

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2008, 02:56 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:59, TecherRamen wrote:

On 2008-04-01 06:45, panzer_unit wrote:

20 endurance means a lot to megid.

I dunno, I don't do HIVE much because the enemies pack a lot of stupid knockdown hits in addition to throwing megid like confetti at a wedding.

... maybe that's what the inscription means. "Here's this nice armor I invented, too bad I hate doing all the missions you like so much. See you when you get your Agito Repca/Carriguine/whatever"

chu-chu-chu
Apr 2, 2008, 04:37 PM
On 2008-04-02 12:48, JAFO22000 wrote:
The inscription sounds like something one of the kids here would paste over a crappy anime wallpaper and use in their signatures....

...just sayin'!

LOL!

But then it would have to be:

I will protect you... even though I shall never see you again...sig by chu-chu-chu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2008-04-02 14:37 ]</font>