View Full Version : lawl @ people on ebay

Akio
Mar 31, 2008, 05:21 PM
Rattlesnake-Phantasy-Star-Universe-Not-Meseta
not even gonna say anything. >.>

--
Mod edit: no links please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-03-31 16:49 ]</font>
ddnt know and didnt think it wasw an issue >.> lighten up. anyway someone on ebay wants 200 bucks for a rattlesnake board.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akio on 2008-03-31 18:30 ]</font>

ashley50
Mar 31, 2008, 05:24 PM
then why even post it?

You migth want remove that link soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-31 15:43 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 31, 2008, 05:29 PM
That person actually has 100% feedback?

stukasa
Mar 31, 2008, 05:43 PM
The item's location is La Palma, CA. I didn't know virtual items could have real world locations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anduril
Mar 31, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wow. That's kinda sad.

funnymatt
Mar 31, 2008, 05:44 PM
Notice the seller? Is that that name...familiar? Old habits die hard I guess.

daniel_drago
Mar 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
On 2008-03-31 15:44, funnymatt wrote:
Notice the seller? Is that that name...familiar? Old habits die hard I guess.

LOL I do recognise that name, I am right in saying they used to use or still do use these forums right?

otherwise I may have met them in game at some point but ive been on these forums for years so I'm guessing ive seen them here.

funnymatt
Mar 31, 2008, 05:50 PM
Click member list, and search on a name that adds 1 to that E-bay name...

daniel_drago
Mar 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
On 2008-03-31 15:50, funnymatt wrote:
Click member list, and search on a name that adds 1 to that E-bay name...

yeah lol just been looking before i read this post yeah thought so man thats wierd havn't seen that name for a while though.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 31, 2008, 05:55 PM
WTF?!? That's like asking 10k for a Ford Pinto! They're hard to find, but not worth it by a long shot. Wow...

Akio
Mar 31, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-03-31 15:24, ashley50 wrote:
then why even post it?

You migth want remove that link soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-03-31 15:43 ]</font>

I meant that ill let the link do all the talking. i think the funniest thing is that it isnt even the wep, but the board.

Indica
Mar 31, 2008, 06:10 PM
LOL X 100,000 @!!@!!@ Jeez, If I only knew I could make that money

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 31, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, Raiden is right, aren't we prohibited from posting those kinds of links here?

Retehi
Mar 31, 2008, 07:49 PM
On 2008-03-31 17:45, Shiroryuu wrote:
Yeah, Raiden is right, aren't we prohibited from posting those kinds of links here?

Why? Who here in their right mind would spend $400 on a Rattlesnake board?

chicken105
Mar 31, 2008, 08:45 PM
Sataarconey was tryin to sell a tesbra 10/10 for $400! LOL. After it ended he put up for $300! Odd thing is, when I told him I made a tesbra 10/10 and just "happened" to put an auction for a tesbra 10/10. In the description it said only 3 made on the server and I have 2. XD! There's some messed up people, I swear.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 31, 2008, 09:08 PM
Im not sure but isnt it illegal to sell meseta on eBay??? I mean i know they say ur not paying for the meseta,your paying for the time it took me to get it. then they put "meseta is a trademark of SEGA"

XD

Tamashi
Mar 31, 2008, 09:13 PM
It is illegal. It's not their material to sell.

Indica
Mar 31, 2008, 09:16 PM
Damn the link is gone and when I search for "phantasy star universe" on eBay and cant find it either.

LOL, I was gonna log in and place a fake bid than retract it at the last hour

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 31, 2008, 09:27 PM
On 2008-03-31 19:13, Tamashi wrote:

Hmm true

can sega really do anything about that tho??????????

Akio
Mar 31, 2008, 10:40 PM
this just in, the guy took the listing down, thats why noone can find it lol

PhdChristmas
Mar 31, 2008, 11:14 PM

Their foot note for legitmately selling virtual items and currency on ebay is that the bid'ers are bidding on the 'time spent' or invested on that virtual item. Which ebay finds acceptable unless the game's user agreements specifically say selling their virtual data is strictly prohibited and will be pursued by all rights they reserve. Those that manage and own the game data need to bring this motion to Ebay themselves inorder for ebay to prohibit the sales of virtual data or user accounts for any specific game.

It's kind of like World of Warcraft accounts, Blizzard has prohibited the public and domestic sales of any 'ready to go already leveled' character accounts and WoW currency. As for the so called "RMT websites" those are usually overseas and immune to any legal actions that can be taken by blizzard. Ebay however is an international corporation that makes transactions in North America.

SEGA America could care, but they move too slow to investgate the matter properly and efficently seeing as how the auction is real-time.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 31, 2008, 11:44 PM
On 2008-03-31 21:14, PhdChristmas wrote:

Their foot note for legitmately selling virtual items and currency on ebay is that the bid'ers are bidding on the 'time spent' or invested on that virtual item. Which ebay finds acceptable unless the game's user agreements specifically say selling their virtual data is strictly prohibited and will be pursued by all rights they reserve. Those that manage and own the game data need to bring this motion to Ebay themselves inorder for ebay to prohibit the sales of virtual data or user accounts for any specific game.

It's kind of like World of Warcraft accounts, Blizzard has prohibited the public and domestic sales of any 'ready to go already leveled' character accounts and WoW currency. As for the so called "RMT websites" those are usually overseas and immune to any legal actions that can be taken by blizzard. Ebay however is an international corporation that makes transactions in North America.

SEGA America could care, but they move too slow to investgate the matter properly and efficently seeing as how the auction is real-time.

very interesting stuff

Akio
Mar 31, 2008, 11:56 PM
i think that the most interesting thing here is that there is selling of virtual data n ebay and the like. and we arent talking like 5 or so dollars like on maple story or gaiaonline, we are talking about people spending 30 and up for a rare item. i saw another ebay listing for pokemon emerald cart with all pokemon, all lvl 100, a bunch of shiny pokemon and 99 of all items for 65 bucks. now people are throwing around the loop hole that "im not selling virtual data, its the time spent", but are you willing to believe that someone got that pokemon game the way it is legit. anyone can pay 20 bucks for an AR and get that. then they turn it for profit. i look at it the same as buying a CD and making copies and selling those.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 1, 2008, 12:46 AM
On 2008-03-31 21:56, Akio wrote:
i think that the most interesting thing here is that there is selling of virtual data n ebay and the like. and we arent talking like 5 or so dollars like on maple story or gaiaonline, we are talking about people spending 30 and up for a rare item. i saw another ebay listing for pokemon emerald cart with all pokemon, all lvl 100, a bunch of shiny pokemon and 99 of all items for 65 bucks. now people are throwing around the loop hole that "im not selling virtual data, its the time spent", but are you willing to believe that someone got that pokemon game the way it is legit. anyone can pay 20 bucks for an AR and get that. then they turn it for profit. i look at it the same as buying a CD and making copies and selling those.

True but the thing is.....people spend there money how they want to. Some spend all there money on shoes/cloth. While some spend there money on games...

In this case....they "choose" to spend there money on meseta. I think thats a lil obsessed but hey thats how they do it.

How is see it...If i have meseta just lying around not even using it...and there is some person out there who is wants to pay for that meseta... I say let them...

Its there money.....lol

As for those who sell meseta,they apparantly dont need so they are offering theres on eBay. They do worse things on eBay compared to this.

I personnally dont care....Let them spend there money/meseta how they want to...

I know some people are gonna disagree but thats just my opinion about it

Mewnie
Apr 1, 2008, 12:55 AM
Well, I think E-Bay frowns on selling of virtual items. Many other games have that clause in their EULA, so E-Bay swiftly removes anyone trying to sell items.

Besides, anyone who RMT in a game are fucking tools.

funnymatt
Apr 1, 2008, 01:41 AM
What I find most interesting is there was a thread about 2 months ago on here about this same seller listing meseta on Ebay. Wonder if they'll at least fess up to this one?

Larian
Apr 1, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-03-31 23:41, funnymatt wrote:
What I find most interesting is there was a thread about 2 months ago on here about this same seller listing meseta on Ebay. Wonder if they'll at least fess up to this one?

It wasn't a thread about the seller listing the meseta...It was for using PSOW's content on the ebay listing!!! I should know...I posted it! =/

Akio
Apr 1, 2008, 01:58 AM
On 2008-03-31 22:46, Charger89 wrote:

On 2008-03-31 21:56, Akio wrote:

True but the thing is.....people spend there money how they want to. Some spend all there money on shoes/cloth. While some spend there money on games...

In this case....they "choose" to spend there money on meseta. I think thats a lil obsessed but hey thats how they do it.

How is see it...If i have meseta just lying around not even using it...and there is some person out there who is wants to pay for that meseta... I say let them...

Its there money.....lol

As for those who sell meseta,they apparantly dont need so they are offering theres on eBay. They do worse things on eBay compared to this.

I personnally dont care....Let them spend there money/meseta how they want to...

I know some people are gonna disagree but thats just my opinion about it

oh ya i know its there money. i just think it is sad and pathetic. oh and off topic, nice guilmon gif lorian.

funnymatt
Apr 1, 2008, 02:00 AM
On 2008-03-31 23:49, Larian wrote:

It wasn't a thread about the seller listing the meseta...It was for using PSOW's content on the ebay listing!!! I should know...I posted it! =/

Fair enough. This time at least they didn't leech PSOW bandwidth and steal the images used (as far as I could tell). But it was the same user. Guess old habits die hard.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 1, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-03-31 23:49, Larian wrote:

I should know...I posted it! =/

lol XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
On 2008-03-31 17:49, Retehi wrote:

On 2008-03-31 17:45, Shiroryuu wrote:

Why? Who here in their right mind would spend $400 on a Rattlesnake board?

It's true that you have to be a real idiot to actually want to buy that with real money, and crap loads of at that. But I'm sure that it's still an offense in this site to post that kind of thing.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2008, 06:35 PM
In FFXI, it's nearly ten times more time efficiant to work for a couple of hours to buy the amount of gil you need, than it is to actually make it yourself in game.
$400 for a rare is pretty stupid, though.

Mikura
Apr 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
On 2008-04-01 16:35, Zorafim wrote:
In FFXI, it's nearly ten times more time efficiant to work for a couple of hours to buy the amount of gil you need, than it is to actually make it yourself in game.

I remember some people actually selling their accounts for a hefty sum...Not saying it's ethical but I can at least understand it more in FFXI than I can here.

TheFonz
Apr 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
He's losing at least $5 for all his unsuccessful Ebay "items".

omegapirate2k
Apr 1, 2008, 10:35 PM
On 2008-04-01 20:24, TheFonz wrote:
He's losing at least $5 for all his unsuccessful Ebay "items".

That's ok, he owns 2 businesses. He's very successful you see.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2008, 12:06 AM
On 2008-04-01 16:35, Zorafim wrote:

that's because the fun in ffxi is broken beyond fixing |3

Fox_Makenshi
Apr 2, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well sure it's a person's right to spend their money how they want but the company (in this case SEGA) isn't making ANY money off of this sale, which is why it's illegal. Personally I'm glad it's illegal because I don't want a bunch of idiots running around with top gear who didn't work to get the item or meseta for the item.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 2, 2008, 06:07 PM
On 2008-04-02 13:14, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Well sure it's a person's right to spend their money how they want but the company (in this case SEGA) isn't making ANY money off of this sale, which is why it's illegal. Personally I'm glad it's illegal because I don't want a bunch of idiots running around with top gear who didn't work to get the item or meseta for the item.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

True but they will probably be like "OMG what am i gonna do with all this meseta???" then spend it on something useless then be back to ground zero XD

Indica
Apr 3, 2008, 08:46 AM
Posting Offiecial Sega links is ok then I guess.

This is the same guy selling rattlesnake is selling over 1 Billion in Meseta on eBay. He has a serious ton of 99 Million Meseta auctions going for $300 each

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=74904

R2D6battlebot
Apr 3, 2008, 09:26 AM
A recent double-blind study at a leading University showed that 'typing or saying "lawl" does in fact make you gay'

SmurfALMIGHTY
Apr 3, 2008, 10:41 AM
Ebay banned the whole virtual good thing about a day ago from what I read on Digg.

-Chilly
Apr 3, 2008, 11:21 AM
Users selling on ebay should be banned from PSU.
First post hi.