PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Are there any more CAST FT out there?

Hiroko
Mar 31, 2008, 05:29 PM
With the addition of Acrotecher, it seems many Focaseals have gone the way of the Acro. I mean, I understand AT may be better suited for a CAST...but FT have the TECH boosts that a CAST almost NEEDS to inflict decent damage on enemies...

Anyways, anybody still playing as a CAST FT? If so, your thoughts on CAST AT vs. CAST FT.
I know this has been slightly covered in other topics before, but I'm looking for a fresh viewpoint, especially now that the Master Classes on on the horizon.

Also...thoughts on CAST Masterforce are welcome too.

Thanks in advance

RedMussel
Mar 31, 2008, 05:41 PM
My cast is FT. ^-^

chaoskila
Mar 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
i support this the growing numbers of cast fortetechers
even though they suck its still funny

daniel_drago
Mar 31, 2008, 06:19 PM
had a cast wartecher but my lord did it make me cringe so no sorry no more cast teching for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol but all the best to you and your children

Inazuma
Mar 31, 2008, 06:27 PM
cast masterforce? best char for leveling the techs at least. i plan on using my female cast to level the techs on my 2nd account. just need to get her WT lv 10, which will take a long time.
as for actually playing as cast MF... its fine as long as you understand you will be horribly pathetic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2008-04-01 09:23 ]</font>

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 07:29 PM
Who ever plays as a cast fortetecher deserves to be banned for playing the game the most incorrect way possible in my opinion >.<

Gunslinger-08
Mar 31, 2008, 07:31 PM
I thought that was female newman PT... my bad.

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 07:34 PM
no it isnt my friend has a newman PT and she isnt bad at all.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 31, 2008, 07:35 PM
Heh. At any rate, I've never had one of either, so I'm going off of what I read in the forums, which is probably a bad idea in hindsight.

DEM_CIG
Mar 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
Cast FT's are a myth just like Male Newmans. JK, but not really.

chaostroop3
Mar 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
i have a female newman protranser....

pikachief
Mar 31, 2008, 07:38 PM
On 2008-03-31 17:35, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
Heh. At any rate, I've never had one of either, so I'm going off of what I read in the forums, which is probably a bad idea in hindsight.

yea EX traps are good for any character lol

SStrikerR
Mar 31, 2008, 07:46 PM
On 2008-03-31 17:37, DEM_CIG wrote:
Cast FT's are a myth just like Male Newmans. JK, but not really.

*gasp* sanosuke will be ashamed to hear this.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 31, 2008, 08:18 PM
I have been thinking for a long time on doing a CAST AT. But i dont know about FT, i wouldnt dare.

Mikura
Mar 31, 2008, 08:36 PM
Can't imagine anyone doing Cast FT...it's just so horrible...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Nejikun834/unique.jpg

At least with Cast AT, I can understand the logic behind that...high buffs, melee oriented to fit Cast ATP, etc.

lethe
Mar 31, 2008, 10:05 PM
Im a CAST FT and i get lots of party invites, i dunno if they just dont bother to check my class or if they are THAT desparate for a FT but........thats them. Damage wise i cant say much since im only FT lvl3 >.> but i can AT LEAST do over a thousand damage with diga lvl24, i mean i dont do terrible damage, sure i could be doing more if i was still a PT (1.5k hours as a PT and im bored and not proud of it) but hell, im having more fun than i ever have before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Nothin like going into a party as a CAST male, running up to them, pulling out a rod and casting lvl 21 razonde XD

My palette consists of a 7/9 Gaozoran rod i use for damage, a buffing rod, and healing rod, nothing spectacular but i had to spend most of my money on the rod, seeing as a psychowand is out of the question, this gaozoran rod was 12mil cheaper and had the same amount of tech and more PP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deja
Mar 31, 2008, 11:12 PM
Game is easy enough so I see nothing wrong with a Cast FT. I used to rock it all the time, and they are incredible with bows and cards. You just use rods to buff, and you are set.

Syanaide
Apr 1, 2008, 01:19 AM
On 2008-03-31 21:12, Deja wrote:
Game is easy enough so I see nothing wrong with a Cast FT. I used to rock it all the time, and they are incredible with bows and cards. You just use rods to buff, and you are set.

Might as well just play GT...

dc534
Apr 1, 2008, 02:57 AM
I love GT... I play both GT and PT with my human male.

dc534
Apr 1, 2008, 03:02 AM
Oh I came across some chick on the 360 server with possibly the most amazing FT pallete to date.

she had 2 9-9 psychowands, 3 10-10 tesbra's, 3 10-10 shatos, and 1 10-10 gaozoran rod. The armor I believe was kotoha-senba 50% fire.

Overall I rate her pallete as a b+, I would give it an A but those pscyowands are broke. LOL.

dc534
Apr 1, 2008, 03:03 AM
Oh I came across some chick on the 360 server with possibly the most amazing FT pallete to date.

she had 2 9-9 psychowands, 3 10-10 tesbra's, 3 10-10 shatos, and 1 10-10 gaozoran rod. The armor I believe was kotoha-senba 50% fire.

Overall I rate her pallete as a b+, I would give it an A but those pscyowands are broke. LOL.

Sasamichan
Apr 1, 2008, 03:31 AM
On 2008-03-31 18:36, Mikura wrote:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Nejikun834/unique.jpg

This made me "lol".

Hiroko
Apr 1, 2008, 08:05 AM
Had a feeling this might turn into a "bashing CAST FT" thread. To all you out there who look down of FoCaseals only cause they have low TP/MST, you aren't seeing the big picture. They excel with Longbows. I carry a Hirokteri 2/10 with all 6 elemental bullets at 31...as for the TP loss, a Psycho Wand makes up for that. Besides, good support combined with sturdy HP/ATP/ACC/DFP stats, make for a good FT, even with the gimped TECH...

Hiroko
Apr 1, 2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks again to the all who posted (even if it was to flame FoCASTS).

@Deja --- Good to still see you around. The first FoCAST I ever saw, and the first time I saw when you popped the
"Buffs from a CAST!?!" shortcut, I almost fell out of my chair...

kissablepimp
Apr 1, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cast AT hands down because of the 31 buffs.

panzer_unit
Apr 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'd love to level up FT on my CAST for the sake of outdamaging all the Newm FT's who have no clue what they're doing. A lot of people misuse their techs that badly.

lethe
Apr 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
On 2008-04-01 10:05, panzer_unit wrote:
I'd love to level up FT on my CAST for the sake of outdamaging all the Newm FT's who have no clue what they're doing. A lot of people misuse their techs that badly.

I find it kinda funny i do more damage with lvl 24 diga on a FT lvl 3 male cast lvl 124 than a female newman lvl 108 AT lvl15 with the same lvl diga XD

Where'd all the good techers go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

panzer_unit
Apr 1, 2008, 01:14 PM
I was on a team with one in Bruce's Dungeon a little while ago, crankin' out Razonde on Ground enemies from miles away for 4x1700.

burninglink5
Apr 1, 2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifCAST fortechers rape. Especially in my case when you walk around with 4 psycho wands and put newmans to shame. I say as long as you level up your PAs/ Grind your stuff, you can make the most out of a FT CAST.

Also lawl at Deja appearing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burninglink5 on 2008-04-01 12:49 ]</font>

unicorn
Apr 1, 2008, 03:53 PM
HIROKO!!!!!!!!!!!! Zooomg, I missed you! x_O We don't play anymore.....

Its meeee Luuuuuu. You know I'm a CAST FT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif We should party together sometime and rock our Techno-Dracula-ness. Murrrr.

/spasm

I'm going MasterForce every once in a while. However, I think FT looks very strong for CASTs again (a lot of CASTs either went GT or AT since AotI, because GT gets the same buffs as FT and AT is a better support). CASTs with rods look soooo sinister, we "look" like dangerous mages compared to Newmen.

Annnnd FT is getting a higher HP mod, meaning the HP difference will play a bigger factor, although not by much...Hey, its nice hitting 2k HP while my Newman friends are still in the 1.8k area. =3

Keep rocking yer FOcaseal Hiro! <3

Hiroko
Apr 1, 2008, 04:43 PM
@ .LU --- It'd be good to party again sometime. Just shoot me a mail!

Ruru
Apr 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
My caseal was originally WT and i changed it to fT for a bit to help level some techs. i have to say it was dissapointing. my techs sucked so bad i ended up getting killed cause of low hp/dfp before i did a significant amount of damage on the enemies. I ended up getting fT to 6 on her, but ended up giving up on both fT and WT since then and made my newearl to pick up where she left off. i'm pretty sure with all the boosts now that caseal fT won't be "half" bad but i can't see myself going back to a caseal fT after playing as a newearl.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 06:38 PM
On 2008-04-01 10:15, lethe wrote:

I find it kinda funny i do more damage with lvl 24 diga on a FT lvl 3 male cast lvl 124 than a female newman lvl 108 AT lvl15 with the same lvl diga XD

Where'd all the good techers go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Diga, is not the strongest spell in the game... Think about it.

also Cast FT will be awesome when FT gets 40 support.

Phantasy Star Universe - Character Stat Calculator

Newman Male (Fortetecher 15) - Online
Level HP ATP ATA TP DFP EVP MST STA
125 1731 561 333 2071 129 916 948 10

Cast Male (Fortetecher 15) - Online
125 1960 648 346 1090 153 626 362 10

bows ftw

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
Ouch. Half the TP for only a minor boost in physical stats?

I'd love for Levia to try fortetecher (if only for ice techs), but it is indeed the statistically worst class in the game. I wouldn't mind as much if tp boosting slots were viable, or if a rod's TP boost was high enough to overcome the difference in attack power. But being so statistically behind another race in a class whos damage isn't the greatest anyway does irk me.
It wouldn't be so bad if TP wasn't boosted to such an amount as to make weapon TP negligible, but...

Katrina
Apr 1, 2008, 06:53 PM
er, what happened to the avatars..? Ethan and Hyuga?

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 06:55 PM
On 2008-04-01 16:53, Katrina wrote:
er, what happened to the avatars..? Ethan and Hyuga?

good question

beatrixkiddo
Apr 1, 2008, 06:56 PM
It's April Fool's Day, is it really that hard to explain things to yourself on a day like this?

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 06:57 PM
I got my CAST up to AT14, nearly 15, and it's pretty strong with 31+ buffs and whips. No complaints there since I hardly used technics on her. She's on fortetecher right now... not too strong, but I'll live with it. I want to see how she is on masterforce with my TP boost items (that means I'll not be using any Quick units). Just wish I could find a nice Psycho Wand. Nosmegid is pretty nice on CAST, though. I'm content with its damage.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
Ah, not here too... Now it's going to be hard to figure out who's who.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 1, 2008, 07:01 PM
CAST FT's are awesome.

lethe
Apr 1, 2008, 07:57 PM
On 2008-04-01 16:38, TecherRamen wrote:

On 2008-04-01 10:15, lethe wrote:

Diga, is not the strongest spell in the game... Think about it.

also Cast FT will be awesome when FT gets 40 support.

Phantasy Star Universe - Character Stat Calculator

Newman Male (Fortetecher 15) - Online
125 1731 561 333 2071 129 916 948 10

Cast Male (Fortetecher 15) - Online
125 1960 648 346 1090 153 626 362 10

bows ftw

You obviously misread my post, nowhere in there did i say anything about diga being the strongest i was just talking about the irony of me doing more damage than the newman. It helps to read before you post.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 1, 2008, 08:06 PM
Okay let's just stop for a minute.
Let's take all the Newman "Diga Diga" Techers.
And let's take a CAST Techer.

CAST Techer wins for the fact that they won't be spamming Diga all day.
Have any of you guys SEEEN the recent Newman FT's skills.
Guess what was their highest, and only maxed skill. =/
All good techers know that Diga is one of the most craptastic spell ever.
Foie > Diga...
So yes, I've seen CAST Techers better than some Newman ones.
High numbers =/= Maximum damage.
A 3000 to one monster, or a 17OO to x 6 monsters. Your choice.

Mikura
Apr 1, 2008, 08:18 PM
I love how people are supporting Cast FT just because some people know how to play the FT "class" but honestly, the stats of it are just so far horribly behind a newman's, it's cringe worthy. You people are not comparing apples to apples here...assuming both races have the same equipment and skills, (and when I say skill, I mean player skills and intelligence, not PA skills) a newman FT will do sooo much better.

Really, if the other Cast FTs just use it for the buffs and bows, just go to GT. Yes, you lose bows but you gain a plethora of other ranged weapons and you get to keep all your lovely buffs and support spells too. Cast is just much better suited as either a gunner-type job or even an AT.

Now if you still choose to play a Cast FT, that's fine. It's your choice and people have every right to play the game as they see fit. But don't claim Cast FT is that awesome because it isn't. Sure, they'll do better than a newman assuming they have high grinded P-wands, lvled techs, and other bling out the ass and the newman just has say...Halarods and mid-lvl techs. But hell, that's like comparing a Rolls-Royce to a Ford Pinto. If you want to compare Cast and Newman, at least do it on even ground.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
And when I say "awesome" I mean unique. When I say "unique" I mean different. And when I say "different" I mean not the same as usual, but nice to see them play better than respective class and race combo.

Mikura
Apr 1, 2008, 08:27 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:21, Poncho_Jr wrote:
And when I say "awesome" I mean unique. When I say "unique" I mean different. And when I say "different" I mean not the same as usual, but nice to see them play better than respective class and race combo.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you there. Even if the class/race combo is unorthodox, if they play the job well, I respect them. I'm glad there's some FT's out there that are that good. I only meant that assuming everything else is equal, Newman will outperform a Cast on average. But yes, there are exceptions.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 08:44 PM
I totally agree with Mikura. Take the best techer and put in his/her hands a cast, then put in his/her hands a newman. That extra 1000 TP makes a big difference.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2008, 08:45 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:18, Mikura wrote:
Really, if the other Cast FTs just use it for the buffs and bows, just go to GT. Yes, you lose bows but you gain a plethora of other ranged weapons and you get to keep all your lovely buffs and support spells too.

GTs get S rank bows too. They lose S rank cards though, if that's what you meant.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:45, Zorafim wrote:

Really, if the other Cast FTs just use it for the buffs and bows, just go to GT. Yes, you lose bows but you gain a plethora of other ranged weapons and you get to keep all your lovely buffs and support spells too.

GTs get S rank bows too. They lose S rank cards though, if that's what you meant.

Did she mean AT instead of GT?

Mikura
Apr 1, 2008, 09:03 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:51, TecherRamen wrote:

On 2008-04-01 18:45, Zorafim wrote:

Did she mean AT instead of GT?

No, I meant GT. Just got the weapon selections screwed up. Thanks for the correction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-04-01 19:04 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
On 2008-04-01 18:44, TecherRamen wrote:
I totally agree with Mikura. Take the best techer and put in his/her hands a cast, then put in his/her hands a newman. That extra 1000 TP makes a big difference.

Aren't these the same people saying PSU is too easy, though?

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 09:36 PM
On 2008-04-01 19:24, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

So do you mean that playing a cast FT is like playing a melee FOnewearl in PSO?

I think PSU is too easy, But Im a challenge mode enthusiast... god i miss C-mode...*Slips into a reverie*

unicorn
Apr 1, 2008, 09:37 PM
On 2008-04-01 19:24, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

Then they "get bored" and quit for a month and return for the next event.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
On 2008-04-01 19:36, TecherRamen wrote:

I think PSU is too easy, But Im a challenge mode enthusiast... god i miss C-mode...*Slips into a reverie*

Sure, yeah, I suppose it's kind of like that. Personally, I think there's something I really enjoy about putting myself into the absolute worst scenarios and trying to make best with what I've been dealt with. In a way, this reflects my own life experience, so I can relate to it. My goal in PSU isn't to see the biggest numbers, but to make do with what I have and to push myself to the most absolute limit. One may tell me, "but if you did that on the other race, you could be an amazing class!" Maybe, maybe not. I know I wouldn't have nearly as much fun, though.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 10:02 PM
On 2008-04-01 19:53, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

On 2008-04-01 19:36, TecherRamen wrote:

Sure, yeah, I suppose it's kind of like that. Personally, I think there's something I really enjoy about putting myself into the absolute worst scenarios and trying to make best with what I've been dealt with. In a way, this reflects my own life experience, so I can relate to it. My goal in PSU isn't to see the biggest numbers, but to make do with what I have and to push myself to the most absolute limit. One may tell me, "but if you did that on the other race, you could be an amazing class!" Maybe, maybe not. I know I wouldn't have nearly as much fun, though.

Yeah, If it were easy would there be any poit in it at all? I think I see what youre saying. But then again thats why i liked C~mode, because of the sense of adversity and the exhuberance felt upon one's triumph in it.

Mikura
Apr 1, 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I'm one of those types that says the game is too easy, but the game's difficulty needs to be ramped up to make it challenging. The player shouldn't have to gimp himself to make it challenging. I agree that C-mode needs to be brought back though in some shape or form. I played the hell out of C-mode before I quit PSO. Even after beating it, you could always go back and try to lower your times which I thought was really addictive.

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
On 2008-04-01 16:45, Zorafim wrote:
Ouch. Half the TP for only a minor boost in physical stats?

I'd love for Levia to try fortetecher (if only for ice techs), but it is indeed the statistically worst class in the game. I wouldn't mind as much if tp boosting slots were viable, or if a rod's TP boost was high enough to overcome the difference in attack power. But being so statistically behind another race in a class whos damage isn't the greatest anyway does irk me.
It wouldn't be so bad if TP wasn't boosted to such an amount as to make weapon TP negligible, but...

With a grinded s-rank rod and nice TECH unit on each the TP scores would look more like 2000 vs 3000. Doing 2/3 damage is way more competitive than 1/2, that's a difference on par with other choices like using proper elements, or getting the most out of your AOE types instead of not trying.

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-04-01 19:37, super_luu wrote:
Then they "get bored" and quit for a month and return for the next event.

*looks at PC server size*

Ramadonis
Apr 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
Man...I swear, having all the jobs at your fingertips is very....very tempting. I'm almost tempted to go the route of X techer, just for fun. I've been messing around with Acrofighter/Protranser....but this topic makes me want to go Techer...and not just melee with a dash of teching...full on blow crap up cause we can teching....

Ironicly...I just made a female newman alt for it, but I get rather uncomfortable playing a female...damn them and their high TP...

And I played a male newman techer offline before I came here >_>

Bleh...high level techs look sweet...

RedMussel
Apr 2, 2008, 03:15 PM
On my Cat Ft i actully hit 0 with nosdiga o_o

TecherRamen
Apr 2, 2008, 10:08 PM
On 2008-04-02 13:15, RedMussel wrote:
On my Cat Ft i actully hit 0 with nosdiga o_o

<<;