PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* yet another question

llxerollenyce
Jan 19, 2003, 07:35 PM
Ok this one is about me. HEre is the scenario:

my gamecube, pso, modem, mem card is in the mail but my friend has PSO and he is gonna bring it over tomorrow so we can have a 4 player slug fest. Here is the question.

If I use his memory card to save a character and he lets me keep the memory card can i use the same memory card on my own gamecube and be able to use my file EVEN tho the character is registered on his gamecube? *keep in mind i dont have my gamecube yet and we dont plan to go online tomorrow*

PentUpAnger
Jan 19, 2003, 07:49 PM
Yes and no...

the character information is saved onto the memory card... not the Gamecube. The Dreamcast had a much larger internal memory than the Gamecube.

How do I know... I called Sega talked to them all of 5 minutes about this when I was going to take my Gamecube back to the store to exchange it with a working one.... they said there was nothing stored on the Gamecube for this version. And as long as I used the same memory card and serial number for PSO on my new Gamecube everything will be fine...

but.... if you saved your character on your card with your friend's PSO game, you can only use THAT PSO game (same serial) with that card... it wont work with a new serial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PentUpAnger on 2003-01-19 16:51 ]</font>

llxerollenyce
Jan 19, 2003, 10:02 PM
OK so what ur saying is that if i play my friends game with my memory card. Then I play MY (different access key and serial #) pso i wont be able to use the charcter that was created on my friends game?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 19, 2003, 10:10 PM
Just don't enter his serial number or access key, and you'll be ok. Heck, you should be just fine playing offline only.

llxerollenyce
Jan 19, 2003, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry iv'e never played PSO for GC. My pso is still in the mail (along with my gamecube). Doesnt it ask for serial number and access key when u make a new charcter? How do i bypass that? IM speaking from the dreamcast version. Things probably changed a bit in the GC version.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 19, 2003, 10:29 PM
Asks for that info when you try to go online, so don't go online =>_>=;;;;

Clef
Jan 20, 2003, 01:27 AM
I'm not expert, but I was in a similiar situation a few weeks ago so I think I might be able to help. If your friend has not been online with his gcn and pso before, then you can make a character on gcn just fine and not have to worry about anything. However, if he has been online with it already, then when you create your character, even though he's going to give you the mem card, his serial and stuff will be on that card.

I know for fact that you can make a character on somebody else's gcn/pso if they have never been online with it before (ie, haven't entered any of their serial info). It's what I did and since I don't play online currently, my info is clear.

If you're talking about making a character on his card, then transferring it to your card later then forget it. It can't be done. I learned this early on and had to start over again.

Clef