PDA

View Full Version : players who dont use buffs

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2008, 06:27 PM
for someone who has always played as fortechter and only recently became a masterforce, this is all very new to me. in the past i would always buff the party (or leave it to any AT players), but now i find myself unable to buff others.

to be honest, i was happy to lose so much support ability. i would much prefer to just focus on attacking.

anyway, what ive been noticing a lot lately is that many players never buff themselves. the buff items are horribly cheap yet they dont use em. i dont get it. it just bothers me to see, especially since i cant buff em anymore.

is it normal for players to never buff themselves? i always assumed everyone used buff items when there was no techer in the party.

anyone reading this who doesnt use buffs? maybe you can fill me in on the reason why

Randomness
Apr 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well, to be honest, the game is so easy now that buffs arent really needed for anything. I can't think of any instance where buffs would drastically increase my survival... Only thing they might be handy for would be soloing.

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2008, 07:00 PM
but if buffs make you stronger, you would kill monsters faster. and that means you will gain meseta faster. dont you think the extra killing speed would at least equal 300 meseta in the duration of the buff?

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 1, 2008, 07:02 PM
buffs hardly make a difference. If I go from hitting 2200, to hitting 2500 on a single attack, sure it might speed it up, but in the end it saves me like 1 or 2 attacks. It's really not that big of a difference. The only time I really care is if I'm missing a lot, or if I notice that an enemy won't knock me down if I boost my defense. Some enemies will knock me over if they do 100 damage, but if I buff my defense and now they do 90, they won't

those are about the only things that even make it worthwhile

THE JACKEL

Randomness
Apr 1, 2008, 07:04 PM
The items aren't even strong buffs... I think they're equivalent to a level 1 shifta/deband/etc.

SStrikerR
Apr 1, 2008, 07:06 PM
Sometimes I use them, but as said, they aren't needed at all. And buff items only give lv 11 buffs, and they don't help much...xD

omegapirate2k
Apr 1, 2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, game is so easy buffs do nothing for me.

drizzle
Apr 2, 2008, 01:34 AM
It's normal for bad players to not buff themselves.

Weeaboolits
Apr 2, 2008, 01:39 AM
I only carry megistarides, so I only buff myself if I deem it worth the HP loss.

Uncle_bob
Apr 2, 2008, 02:08 AM
I always buff myself. I'm anal, and I like the extra boost it gives me.

Jakosifer
Apr 2, 2008, 03:17 AM
I only use Zodiaride (Sometimes Agatride if I feel like going from 900 to 1000+ damage <_<). So as said above, they aren't really useful to the point of being NECESSARY, but they can be nice to have on.

Rayokarna
Apr 2, 2008, 06:15 AM
I just dont bother cause I dont have the inventory space.

SStrikerR
Apr 2, 2008, 06:30 AM
And also since I already do enough damage and things die insanely fast I usually don't remember to use them because they aren't needed.

amtalx
Apr 2, 2008, 06:33 AM
I always buff. Don't underestimate that extra 10% damage you are getting. Over the course of a mission that adds up to tens of thousands of damage points. I only gain about 300 damage from Agtaride, but even if I only fire my Shotgun 100 times, thats 30,000 damage.

panzer_unit
Apr 2, 2008, 08:28 AM
Buff items are SE2 = lv20 tech

As a non-caster I always buff w/ Agatride + Zodiaride for damage output. Think of the MILLIONS of meseta you've blown making better weapons, grinding, getting the best arm unit you can, etc. I'm NOT going to use a consumable for a 15% boost? Between doing more damage, and blocking more hits, I figure I save at least that much money on charges and mates anyway.

So far with GT and WT my laziness causes me to pop Megisaride and cover for the damage with Giresta... rather than learning/leveling/equipping 4 skills.

Seority
Apr 2, 2008, 01:49 PM
I like using them cuz it makes me look cool!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And @JACKEL: When a certain monster knocks me down, I buff myself, yes it does do less damage, but I still go flying across the stage. I wish there was a knock-down/resist, because I hate that sh*t. >:P

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 2, 2008, 02:02 PM
On 2008-04-02 11:49, Seority wrote:
I like using them cuz it makes me look cool!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And @JACKEL: When a certain monster knocks me down, I buff myself, yes it does do less damage, but I still go flying across the stage. I wish there was a knock-down/resist, because I hate that sh*t. >:P

well it doesn't always work. There's a certain amount of damage that causes the knockdown, and sometimes the buff item is enough to compensate for it... but usually not

for instance, the large SEED pod enemies have that move where they stick their tentacles in the ground and swing them wildly. Without buffs that was doing 10 or so damage, which would cause flinch and stop whatever I was doing. After the item buff, they did 0 damage and I could just ignore it and beat on the enemies.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-02 12:03 ]</font>

Kylie
Apr 2, 2008, 03:10 PM
On 2008-04-01 16:45, Randomness wrote:
Well, to be honest, the game is so easy now that buffs arent really needed for anything. I can't think of any instance where buffs would drastically increase my survival... Only thing they might be handy for would be soloing.

Agree 100%. I could probably name a billion things I'd rather do than sitting in a buff party, raising my buffs. As for buff items, I just don't care enough to stop every couple / few minutes to get buffed up.

unicorn
Apr 2, 2008, 11:45 PM
If given the choice, I'd do without the buff aura. So I rarely buff myself on a melee/range alt.

Besides, as an FT/AT, I know buffs under 21 aren't really worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-04-02 21:46 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Apr 3, 2008, 05:51 AM
On 2008-04-01 23:39, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I only carry megistarides, so I only buff myself if I deem it worth the HP loss.

... yeah.

That, and I have a strange tendency of soloing online 'cause people suck, and it's hard to organize a party with strangers.

Sharkyland
Apr 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
I seem to buff if the following happens:
1) I still need to level them
2) My buffs are the highest than anyone in my party.
3) Some people like seeing high damage (yeah I know who those people are)
4) Just being a team player, soon if I stop doing it, it will become a bad habit later one when people do need it later on
5) When I'm with lower levels

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2008-04-03 17:29 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 01:28 PM
If I'm on my techer I buff always, unless people won't stop and wait for it, my buffs are at the maximum effectiveness for my class right now, I'm not chasing you. ;(

Anduril
Apr 4, 2008, 01:35 PM
I've played with a few people who don't want to be buffed, so I always have a grand ol' time running behind them, trying to buff them. But other than those situations if you miss the buffs at the start or end of each block you are out of luck. And as to the main topic of this, I don't bother with buff items on my Ranger and Hunter because I really don't see the point, as the difference is pretty minute if they don't have the effect of 21+ or 31+ buffs.

Sharkyland
Apr 4, 2008, 03:18 PM
Sometimes I just get evil if they don't want buffs, and debuff everything letting everyone do the work. ^_^

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
When I buff, if you don't come running before I put away my halarod (I use it to buff), tough luck.

I will wait and buff them if they start heading to me before then, though.

Seority
Apr 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
You don't flinch, you block, and that's up to your armor and Zodial raises you to do that.
And I'm talking about knockback, not blocking. When the monster smashes you and your character flys away from it, then has to stand back up. Yes sometimes with buffs, I block instead of getting knocked back, but when I am the damage doesn't matter. I just get knocked back weither it was 1,000 damage, or 100.

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 06:17 AM
Seority, what Jackel meant was that there was the rare occasion where the boost was just enough to help with that, not often but sometimes.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
On 2008-04-01 23:34, drizzle wrote:
It's normal for bad players to not buff themselves.

This...
If there is no AT in the party, I'll usually buff the party. But if they don't stay in the buff circle, "cause it's not needed", then I guess being in the Resta circle "is not needed" as well.

enoch
Apr 18, 2008, 11:15 AM
;o is it really that easy... Im level 50 and I still get killed alot. in White beast, When I get hit by sleep spells over and over and over

DarkEliteRico
Apr 18, 2008, 02:58 PM
I usually won't buff myself till i'm at the boss or if i managed to get backed into a bad place and need to shoot my way out, there's really no need to buff yourself if you can manage without them

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
I only buff using shifta (for the hunters) and reitiet for myself....does that make me a bad person....T_T