PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about bows and card?

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 10:00 PM
I was looking through the PAs, but I wasn't really sure which route would be best to take: exchange PAs, elemental PAs, or a mixture of both? I would have been interested in Meisei-shiki (I believe that's the correct spelling), but since AOTI came out, DFP and DFP mods don't seem to have noticeable effect to warrant use. I'd probably use the 11* or 10* cards for looks.

As for bow, Rikauteri looks so pretty, but I don't know if I want to wait for MAG (I could just sell the rares I find to make up for the cost later, no?). And for bow PAs, is there a definitive one, or is it a mixed pool that's best?

beatrixkiddo
Apr 1, 2008, 10:01 PM
For both weapons, use the elemental bullets.

Magus_84
Apr 1, 2008, 10:04 PM
PA Frag bullets for bows are utterly awful.And the elementals are pretty good. Especially if you've got access to 21+ bullets, for SE4. I'd go with Burn or Virus for the SE, or...whatever element that would match up with the stuff you want to use a bow on.

PA Frag bullets for cards aren't really that great. But the elementals are excellent for damage on opposite elements.

With as fast as they level, it'd probably be a good idea to just pick up say three of each, representing all three between them. Fire/Dark/Light for Bow, Ice/Earth/Lightning for Card. Or some other combination thereof.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 10:05 PM
On 2008-04-01 20:04, Magus_84 wrote:
PA Frag bullets for bows are utterly awful.And the elementals are pretty good. Especially if you've got access to 21+ bullets, for SE4. I'd go with Burn or Virus for the SE, or...whatever element that would match up with the stuff you want to use a bow on.

PA Frag bullets for cards aren't really that great. But the elementals are excellent for damage on opposite elements.

With as fast as they level, it'd probably be a good idea to just pick up say three of each, representing all three between them. Fire/Dark/Light for Bow, Ice/Earth/Lightning for Card. Or some other combination thereof.

Very interesting, thank you.

TecherRamen
Apr 1, 2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah. Chousei-sou is about half normal speed and all it has is like 10% more attack and accuracy. Masei-sou is like a quarter speed but it has a chance to stun and it can knock over big enemies and small ones.

But mostly they are both pretty much just garbage and inpractical.. masei-sou would be good if it had more tha like 30% accuracy... *Slips into a reverie about C-mode*

dc534
Apr 1, 2008, 10:44 PM
Here is what I suggest, lvl fire, light, ice and ground for the card. Light especially since gaozorans are a real pain and the bow is just way to slow to be a practical choice. The other two elements are because barta can be nasty without good armor and ground for varhas which can do some good damage as well. I would go with virus, fire for the bow. Virus lvl 4 and fire lvl 4 are great for tagging pretty much all enemies, plus if you do the de rol le alot the fire element does wicked damage. The bow and card bullets both lvl very quick and well when I played techer I prefered the card as my choice, especially when focused on healing.

dc534
Apr 1, 2008, 10:45 PM
ice is another great one for the card, it freezes very frequently and is good for tengohgs.

Syl
Apr 1, 2008, 11:00 PM
I'd recommend all 6 elements for cards actually. They apply SE's very well along with dishing some very nice damage. Avoids the frag PA's though, they're too situational and kinda redundant.

With bow, I'd suggest at least fire/virus and ice. Although a bit slower than rifle, the fact that you can shoot any part of any mob without worrying about damage decrease is nice. Avoid the PA frag PA's at all costs, they're pretty horrible :/

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks, guys. I have dark at 13 for bow on a character I am not using right now, so I'll be sure to level that up, and I guess I'll start with light for the cards. Also... 10* or 11* for cards? The 11* seems weaker, but it looks pretty.

Syl
Apr 1, 2008, 11:30 PM
10* stronger than a 11*? Well, it'd be easier to get a Shi-kikami to 10/10 than a Hoshi-kikami since it's more common, if that's what you mean.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 1, 2008, 11:43 PM
On 2008-04-01 21:30, SylviaEspada wrote:
10* stronger than a 11*? Well, it'd be easier to get a Shi-kikami to 10/10 than a Hoshi-kikami since it's more common, if that's what you mean.

I think I'm set on a 5/5 Hoshi-kikami. It's 17 mil, but I might go for it.

Svaltus
Apr 1, 2008, 11:44 PM
Light for Cards is best options!

For Bows i dont care about PAs, using only ice and fire.

I defeat all gaozoran in True Darkness S2 using only Card light!

dc534
Apr 2, 2008, 12:19 AM
Actually all bullets for the cards are great because they level fast and do some decent damage. Like I said though I prefer fire over virus only because my magic doesnt work as well on neudaiz and with HSM S coming out the bullets may just save you.

dc534
Apr 2, 2008, 12:20 AM
Oh, and I may be purchasing the pa that heals, I am a GT so I think the lvl 40 card bullets would be pretty darn decent as far as the heal I get back.

Svaltus
Apr 2, 2008, 01:11 PM
On 2008-04-01 22:19, dc534 wrote:
Actually all bullets for the cards are great because they level fast and do some decent damage. Like I said though I prefer fire over virus only because my magic doesnt work as well on neudaiz and with HSM S coming out the bullets may just save you.

I think Card no good option for HSM, in HSM you need kill fast and Card is too slow!

Twin handgun and Spear(Dus majarra) is good option for no Techers players!

DEM_CIG
Apr 2, 2008, 02:40 PM
NEVER EVER GET THE BOW ULTIMATE PA'S THEY SUCK SO BAD, THEY ARE PROBLY THE MOST CRAPPY PA"S IN PSU.

mvffin
Apr 2, 2008, 02:43 PM
cards are good against komazli, which HSM S has a few of. Or a lot of. I dunno yet. but thats probably what I'll be using on them. Cards/Spinning Strike.

ALL Cards are good. I tend to use Earth the most though. Tech resistant enemies tend to need silencing.

Hiroko
Apr 2, 2008, 03:00 PM
I would agree with a few of the posters here...Ultimate bow/card PA's are a waste of frags. I have all 6 elemental bows at 31 or higher, and I wouldn't ask for much more. Great damage, status effect (even on large enemies). As for cards, I haven't used them for quite a while now. Just concentrate on lvling the elemental bows, and you'll be fine. =D