PDA

View Full Version : Online: Most Useless Class/Race Combo?

zeroguy518
Apr 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm curious to see what people find to be the worst class/race combonation.

pikachief
Apr 2, 2008, 12:52 PM
Actually Beast Fortegunners are VERY good, because FG gives them like 500 ATA lol so they dont miss that much less than a cast but they do more damage >.<

so yea, and i've seena bunch of newman FF's running around. seriously FF is so overpowered u can be anything and kill everything with it.

And newman PT's are good too, as long as you know how to use traps u can PWN

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
I'd agree. The natural ATA settings of ATA-based classes are so high, in the late game, that most Beast players won't notice that much. However, they gain a good little bonus by having so much ATP and HP. They surprisingly make decent gunners that way. Their ATA deficit doesn't counteract the class ATA enough to hinder them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-02 10:58 ]</font>

desturel
Apr 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
Didn't we just have this thread.... oh wait, that was called Rarest Race/Job Combo (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=171623&forum=20)

No such thing as a useless class IMO so no answer here.

DISCO
Apr 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
Female newman protranser.

Hiroko
Apr 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
I don't believe a CAST FT is ht emost useless race/type in this game. In fact, they isn't ANY useless races/classes. useless would be doing 0 dmg all the time...XD

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
The difference in stats between a fortefighter newman and beast isn't as big as the difference in stats between a fortetecher newman and cast, so I'm going to have to go with cast fortetecher.
Then again, newmans shouldn't be using heavy weapons anyway.

Legendria
Apr 2, 2008, 01:13 PM
beast guntecher, anyone?

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2008, 01:16 PM
Has the power to do damage with guns, enough accuracy to hit with them, and support techs are independant of TP. So, not that big of a loss, considering the penalties other classes would get with guntecher.

Seority
Apr 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
Meh, beasts are good at all classes.
They just stink a little with attack techs, but their hp at least makes them one-hit dead resistant FT's, unlike Newmans. XD

Syanaide
Apr 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
CAST FT, let's not pretend or deny it.

BFGfreak
Apr 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
CAST (insert class here) are the worst

Kylie
Apr 2, 2008, 01:48 PM
CAST FT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Everyone knows that.

YUKI_N
Apr 2, 2008, 01:48 PM
Cast MasterForce

Fox_Makenshi
Apr 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
Wow I'm surprised I haven't seen any Human bashing in this thread lol. On the game people always tell me that humans suck >.> I personally enjoy being able to switch to any class I want and do fairly well.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-04-02 11:48, YUKI_N wrote:
Cast MasterForce

win, everyone who said Cast fortetecher must now admit defeat... cause at least they'd have buffs independent of TP as a fortetecher

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-02 11:59 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Apr 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
On 2008-04-02 11:59, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-04-02 11:48, YUKI_N wrote:
Cast MasterForce

win, everyone who said Cast fortetecher must now admit defeat... cause at least they'd have buffs independent of TP as a fortetecher

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-02 11:59 ]</font>

Darn U... But really Cast FT is probly the worsest.(exspecially if the cast is male). This Race/Class= FTL!!!

Kylie
Apr 2, 2008, 03:02 PM
Psht, MF isn't on our servers yet!

Yuneiko
Apr 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
I, too, am surprised by the amount of CAST hatred here, compared to the Human hatred I was expecting. Even so, I think the most un-used class/race are human anything.

unicorn
Apr 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
I love being the most hated Race/Job combo.

Murr.

Randomness
Apr 2, 2008, 04:33 PM
On 2008-04-02 11:51, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Wow I'm surprised I haven't seen any Human bashing in this thread lol. On the game people always tell me that humans suck >.> I personally enjoy being able to switch to any class I want and do fairly well.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Thats one of the reasons I tend to play my beast alt, that I can play any mix of guns and swords I want, and for teching I still have my newman main. Who may not be my main for long after MAG, if I play the alt a lot.

dc534
Apr 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
I play human PT, GT both use some similar weapons. I would say any GT would be rarest but any class could do just fine in. I hope they give this class an update soon.

steely
Apr 2, 2008, 08:08 PM
i resent beast fortegunner even being up there . i've bin one sins day 1 .i can hit 780 x 5 with my shot gunnes and still rarely hit zeros.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 3, 2008, 02:23 AM
I've seen some good Beast fortegunners, they are definitely not bad.

Most newman fighters sucks, anddo crap damage compared to Beasts and Casts, plus they get no special to make up for useless TP.

but cast FT is dead last, don't even waste your time training it.

As fpr Humans, my Fortegunner does awesome. High leveled bullets and using SE's wisely is all you need.

Fox_Makenshi
Apr 3, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-04-02 15:22, dc534 wrote:
I play human PT, GT both use some similar weapons. I would say any GT would be rarest but any class could do just fine in. I hope they give this class an update soon.

Haha about that.... I'm a human GT lol. Yeah I'm waiting for the update for a lot of things, it'll make GT better than it already is.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Azalraku
Apr 4, 2008, 01:41 AM
well, being a lover of casts, it's hard for me to bash them, but i must say, until i see that ATA stat make a difference with my critical hits, the love for us robots will be nill. that being said, i love my semi-useless cast GT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

oh, and magical robots are silly. i will now wear the force hat.

RebhtheDark
Apr 4, 2008, 10:25 AM
I hate it how people bash any race/job! If they like being Cast FT or Newman FF then let them! The game is so damn easy it really does not make a difference! Come on People add some challenge to your life ^.^!!!

I have a Newman female that plays FF when ever I get bored of teching and it helps me appreciate that class more!

panzer_unit
Apr 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
People say the game's so easy, but I've had so many teammates one- or two-shotted by those damned Sword Gainzeroses in Egg Thieves S. Like level 120+ human and newman fighters even.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 12:04 PM
Definitely CAST Fortetecher (and later Cast Masterforce). Before Acrotecher came out thought, CAST FT actually worked pretty well (still does but fails pretty hard to AT)

http://i29.tinypic.com/qyu9w1.jpg

I was a fT most of firebreak and a little while before it. Level 21+ Buffs/debuffs/heals paired with Level 30 cards with Mira-Kikami +5 - +10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2008-04-04 10:05 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 4, 2008, 12:38 PM
On 2008-04-04 08:25, RebhtheDark wrote:
I hate it how people bash any race/job! If they like being Cast FT or Newman FF then let them!

I'm not quite sure what this is in response to... I don't think I saw any hating in this thread, only stating facts. Sega themselves, after all, stated that casts are not designed for using techs, and newmans aren't designed for close quarter combat. For which every day, I want to stab them in the ear.
inb4loldrg

Anduril
Apr 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
From personal experience I would have to say Female Newman Protranser is tied with CAST Foretecher. Nothing like having less than 400 HP when starting off the job.

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
On 2008-04-02 14:08, Yuneiko wrote:
I, too, am surprised by the amount of CAST hatred here, compared to the Human hatred I was expecting. Even so, I think the most un-used class/race are human anything.It's because humans are never worst at anything, they're just not the best either.

Also newman melee is easy enough, you just have low defense and HP so you have to pay attention. Newman AF is pretty good, it's funny to see your R-mag outdamaginbg your melee weapons.

Also, I had a beast GT, she was pretty good actually, just give them a head unit to buff their resta and it's pretty solid.

RebhtheDark
Apr 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-04-04 10:38, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-04-04 08:25, RebhtheDark wrote:
I hate it how people bash any race/job! If they like being Cast FT or Newman FF then let them!

I'm not quite sure what this is in response to... I don't think I saw any hating in this thread, only stating facts. Sega themselves, after all, stated that casts are not designed for using techs, and newmans aren't designed for close quarter combat. For which every day, I want to stab them in the ear.
inb4loldrg

I'm not saying in this thread! But online I see it all the time!

Even if Sega said they were not designed for it I don't think that should stop them.

Zael
Apr 4, 2008, 02:08 PM
WHY IS BEAST FORTEGUNNER EVEN AN OPTION?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/laser.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/twinhandguns.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/shotgun.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/rifle.png

ZeldaSerenade
Apr 4, 2008, 02:13 PM
holy ****. My CAST hardly even sees HALF of those numbers.

Zael
Apr 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
Well, those are level 40 bullets on C-rank enemies. I have S2 rank damage pictures too though.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/duals.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/lasers.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/lasersnocrit.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/lilzael/shotguns.png

Neith
Apr 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
I should post up some Newman fighter damage pics later, just to show they're not useless. The main problem with one is the HP, not the ATP.

I re-rolled mine for a Male character, but they can easily hit 4 figure damage because of how broken melee is.

As for Beast Fortegunner, it's been known for a while that it's a good class, because ATA means nothing.

amtalx
Apr 4, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-04-04 12:13, ZeldaSerenade wrote:

Level your bullets! Due to the bonus for Casts as fG, you will end up doing about the same damage.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 02:36 PM
On 2008-04-04 12:13, ZeldaSerenade wrote:

That's why I moved all my main's stuff (Fortegunner Caseal) to my male beast.

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
On 2008-04-02 11:51, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Reply with, "Humans are a jack-of-all-trades kinda race, and you're just a jack."

NeoTeppin
Apr 4, 2008, 05:24 PM
Its gotta be cast Fortetecher even though to be honest any race is good with any class with the current lvl caps. Until they make the missions harder u can pretty much do whatever u want with ur chars

Kanju
Apr 4, 2008, 05:32 PM
Newman Wartecher.

XDeathX
Apr 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
On 2008-04-04 12:21, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I should post up some Newman fighter damage pics later, just to show they're not useless. The main problem with one is the HP, not the ATP.

I re-rolled mine for a Male character, but they can easily hit 4 figure damage because of how broken melee is.

As for Beast Fortegunner, it's been known for a while that it's a good class, because ATA means nothing.

Well, thats traditional RPG or atleast Final Fantasy RPG where ya hit 5 digitis naturally, but with anything, not just techs so perhaps it is you gunners/techers that are underpowered.

BTW: Back then it was 4 digits maybe, but FFX was 5 digits with the assist of a certain equip.

Thats how it should be with the monters pumped up enough to take that kind of dmg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeathX on 2008-04-04 16:02 ]</font>

XDeathX
Apr 4, 2008, 06:01 PM
Too bad PSO wasnt like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pikachief
Apr 4, 2008, 06:04 PM
On 2008-04-02 14:18, super_luu wrote:
I love being the most hated Race/Job combo.

Murr.

i dont think its the most hated, its more of its the WORST lol -_-

not saying its HORRIBLE, were just saying if u wanna help your party, the worst way would be a cast FT lol

zanotam
Apr 4, 2008, 07:06 PM
A Human WT. I know, I play one.

Zael
Apr 5, 2008, 08:24 PM
On 2008-04-04 12:21, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Newman FF actually has more ATP than most of the possible race/class combinations in the game. Only ones that have more ATP are...

Beast FF/FI/AF/FG
Cast FF/FI
Human FF

zeroguy518
Apr 5, 2008, 09:01 PM
In hindsight the worst is probably NM/P unless someone has any evidence otherwise.

Zael
Apr 5, 2008, 09:26 PM
NM/P? What's that. Hope it isn't Newman PT, because any race PT can be useful in a party JUST by spamming EX traps.

zeroguy518
Apr 5, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-04-05 19:26, Zael wrote:
NM/P? What's that. Hope it isn't Newman PT, because any race PT can be useful in a party JUST by spamming EX traps.

Yeah thats what I was getting at BUT what about when they run out of EX traps, other than spam Dus majara(sp?) what is left for them?

Zael
Apr 5, 2008, 10:29 PM
Jabroga? Or even better, if you can, have a friend carry EX traps for you.

BFGfreak
Apr 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
On 2008-04-05 19:42, zeroguy518 wrote:

On 2008-04-05 19:26, Zael wrote:

Yeah thats what I was getting at BUT what about when they run out of EX traps, other than spam Dus majara(sp?) what is left for them?

Um, shotguns, bows, laser cannons, boma duranga,Jaboriga(or however you spell it), or heaven forbid, they use the other traps (you know the ones I'm talking about, the old traps)