PDA

View Full Version : So... did the PSO levels ever end up staying?

Egg99
Apr 3, 2008, 07:54 AM
After JP had MAG, I was reading alot of speculation (read: hope) that the PSO levels would end up staying post-event. My question is, did they? And if not, do we know if they have plans to release the levels in their entirety sometime in the future? It's sure be nice to play through more than half of one block from each level...

daniel_drago
Apr 3, 2008, 07:56 AM
From what I've read we will keep the PSO missions as we have them setup MAG style just without them being an actual event.

RedMussel
Apr 3, 2008, 08:00 AM
Yes, it goes from C to A.

Indica
Apr 3, 2008, 08:09 AM
So the maps will stay forever than? What about the badges and exchange items?

daniel_drago
Apr 3, 2008, 08:17 AM
The badges and exchange items are part of the event to my understanding so I'm pressuming that they will go. It'll cause items to become 'rare' especially if the item exchange is actually hard to amount that many badges I.e pushan 99 Gold badges

Ryna
Apr 3, 2008, 08:22 AM
It isn't too hard to accumulate 99 Gold Badges. I know someone who eventually ended up with 5 Pushans, along with all the trade-in prizes. Also, the badges are tangible items and the trade-in quest remained up for a while after the event ended.

daniel_drago
Apr 3, 2008, 08:35 AM
Thx Ryna so they will stay up for a time period after but not sure how long though. well cool MAG seems to be getting beter and better...shame how my mates have left so it's just me...anyone out there looking for a 86+ FF give us a bell.

yes i realise advetising ones self isn't exactly normal nor should be doing it in this forum but shush....i want to feel loved http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

RedMussel
Apr 3, 2008, 08:56 AM
Ryna is my favorite e mod. =]

Andy1423
Apr 3, 2008, 09:23 AM
What I'm excited about is that the missions will stay, but the ranking will only go up to A. The reason I say this is that an S rank would allow for new content. Hopefully the S rank creatures will end up being maybe a little higher than event mission. But also.........

Do the forrest, caves, mines and ruines split up as seperate maps or is it the SAME exact as the event mission??? (when the event is gone)

amtalx
Apr 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
On 2008-04-03 07:23, Andy1423 wrote:
What I'm excited about is that the missions will stay, but the ranking will only go up to A. The reason I say this is that an S rank would allow for new content. Hopefully the S rank creatures will end up being maybe a little higher than event mission. But also.........

Do the forrest, caves, mines and ruines split up as seperate maps or is it the SAME exact as the event mission??? (when the event is gone)

I've heard that it is not separate maps. It stays the same as the event.

Does anyone know if you acquire Gold Badges at the same rate on C as you do on S? I'll probably be spamming C ranks, but I don't want to miss out on the trade-in goodies.

daniel_drago
Apr 3, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm guessing it will be balanced level 130's could probably spam C rank to such a point that after converting bronze into cold they could of just collected the gols from doing 1-2 A/S runs.

thats just a guess though I don't think ST will make it too easy to collect them by spamming the lover runs

Lyrise
Apr 3, 2008, 06:43 PM
On 2008-04-03 07:31, amtalx wrote:

Does anyone know if you acquire Gold Badges at the same rate on C as you do on S? I'll probably be spamming C ranks, but I don't want to miss out on the trade-in goodies.

The higher the difficulty, the better the badge appearance rate from boxes, and the better the quality of the badge too.

Essentially in S, you have a better chance of seeing a badge drop from a box, and it has a better chance of being a Gold Badge, as opposed to C, which has a slightly lower drop rate, but it's very likely you'll see Bronze and the occasional silver.

As for people who are musing about the lack of S grade MAG' after the event is over, keep in mind that the stats of the enemy goes down and the exp goes way UP during the event. When the event is over and MAG becomes MAG', All of the stats return to normal, and what you get is a mission that's very long to clear compared to the event. (Read: it takes 10-15 minutes to clear S MAG solo, but A MAG' could take 45 minutes or longer due to the sheer number of enemies with NORMAL stats at lv130)

amtalx
Apr 3, 2008, 06:47 PM
A 45 min run sounds awesome. The runs in this game are way too short. The longest run I can think of is the first AMF mission, but thats just 5 blocks of ZZZzzzzzz. Everything looks EXACTLY the same.

pikachief
Apr 3, 2008, 06:53 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:47, amtalx wrote:
A 45 min run sounds awesome. The runs in this game are way too short. The longest run I can think of is the first AMF mission, but thats just 5 blocks of ZZZzzzzzz. Everything looks EXACTLY the same.

it takes 20 min in a good party.

Tamashi
Apr 3, 2008, 08:32 PM

Each area of PSO ep1 occupies one of the blocks of MA G.

Forest is the first block, Caves is the second block, etc etc. Program DF being at the very end.

pikachief
Apr 3, 2008, 08:51 PM

yes u get like a few bronze on C and about 2 gold per S.

and it takes 5 bronze to = one gold.

XDeathX
Apr 4, 2008, 02:03 AM
I'll be doin ruins all year long.

Reginaldo
Apr 5, 2008, 04:06 AM
Do all of the drops remain the same i.e the Falz drops after the event?

Egg99
Apr 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
Dammit, that's extremely disappointing...

It's great to hear that the run will be nice and long once the stats return to normal, but I'm a little miffed that the levels won't be split up. Actually, I'm really miffed.

Everyone knows that ST is lazy, but this is just pushing it. We were promised PSO levels with this expansion, and instead we got 1/4 of each PSO level. Ok, fine. But then it turns out that even the 1/4 that we do get is considerably altered and barely represents the nostalgia that most of us were hoping for.

It's just sheer laziness, and it's annoying as hell. I don't understand how they can make such a great game and continue to screw it up so heavily? The majority of people wanted true PSO level reincarnations, not altered pieces of each level all thrown into one with a nice re-skinned boss at the end. I don't know why I'm surprised, because I shouldn't be, but it's just disappointing. I really wish ST would stop screwing the players with half-assed work and actually put a little more heart into their game, but that's just my opinion >.>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 5, 2008, 07:24 PM
On 2008-04-05 02:06, Reginaldo wrote:
Do all of the drops remain the same i.e the Falz drops after the event?

During event:
http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_G
http://psupedia.info/Program_DF

After event:
http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_G'
http://psupedia.info/Program_DF'

The 100+ Falz drops disappear, but then there's this:
http://psupedia.info/Seal_of_the_Dark_God

Egg99
Apr 6, 2008, 02:57 PM
Btw, this is just kind of an add-on question to my original, but did anyone confirm Falz having a re-skinned Fakis form post-MAG?

Umberger
Apr 6, 2008, 03:10 PM
On 2008-04-06 12:57, Egg99 wrote:
Btw, this is just kind of an add-on question to my original, but did anyone confirm Falz having a re-skinned Fakis form post-MAG?

There is no current mission that has the second form of Dark Falz...the one that looks like Fakis' second form. It did not show up in MAG in any way, and is not part of the boss fight in Seal of the Dark God S.

The only method to see or fight the second form is through offline hacking/modding.

Hydra632
Apr 6, 2008, 06:25 PM
So how are badges distributed in MAG, just like any rare material or a badge for every person in the party?

Edit: N/m, I guess the box drops are random but you get 1 badge for completing the quest, like a PA frag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hydra632 on 2008-04-06 16:27 ]</font>

Arika
Apr 6, 2008, 06:55 PM
they end up staying but useless tho.
most of the good stuff can't be drop, and all the area drop are too hard to obtain without drop boost (normal drop rate are as hard as agito or harder)
no more good of boss stuff to drop on A rank.
and enemy HP become 100% again, which mean the mission is harder than the S rank with 50% hp.
So, after MAG event, you might try this mission anytime you want, but I m sure most of the people don't like to do it again after the event.