PDA

View Full Version : Best part of Tech set for MF

zeroguy518
Apr 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
I'm a huge fan of the level 10 Support because now I'm not going to be stuck carrying around a buff rod (Without people yelling at me for being a bad techer)

w00t! can't wait

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
i 2nd this post.

i can just see it now "hey fayt give me some buff will ya?!?"

"nope, im a master techer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

i always wanted this kinda of teching to be involved because im tired of trying to nuke crud when im asked to heal or buff.

zeroguy518
Apr 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah it'll be nice not to baby sit attack beasts either.

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 12:49 PM
very ture. plus now we get to use the s rank tech mags also. thats right coni...its time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JAFO22000
Apr 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
A good Force doesn't have to be asked for buffs.

I'm a bit perturbed that they are dropping the buffs to a non-useable level for MF, but it's understandable why they are doing so.

zeroguy518
Apr 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah I think there is a 14* T-Mag you can get in MAG for 99 Badges, it'll be nice to have those 0.0

And I usually buff at the start of every block and right before the boss, I'm sorry that my foremost concern is not you being to be able to hit a few hundred extra damage, 6 months ago I would have made sure you were buffed all the time but with the state of this game they're really unnecessary

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zeroguy518 on 2008-04-03 10:57 ]</font>

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 12:56 PM
never said i was asked i just wont do it until they get nagged. also meaning no more endless buff partys for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif the only down side is my magic wand/c and my chao staff...thats right...i got a heart wand on my male...hes a pimp

Anduril
Apr 3, 2008, 12:57 PM
i like higher level buffs, since they also benefit me. I don't know how many times having that 21+ Giresta has saved my ass. I am personally upset by this, so I think for serious play I'll stick with fT, only going to MF for the sake of having big TECHs.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2008, 12:59 PM
See, I was kind of annoyed that techers automatically got shifted to the buffing role just because it could use magic. Why can't meleers support the team? Just because supports are only seen in tech format?
Anyway, it's good to see that there's a class that can get away from the support stereotype of magic users. Though now I may be hard pressed to find a good shifta...

zeroguy518
On 2008-04-03 10:57, Anduril wrote:
i like higher level buffs, since they also benefit me. I don't know how many times having that 21+ Giresta has saved my ass. I am personally upset by this, so I think for serious play I'll stick with fT, only going to MF for the sake of having big TECHs.

I'll miss 21 giresta as well :'(

Lighthero
Yes, they can cry for buffs, but wouldn't they be better off using buff items instead of asking a MF? I know people just want buffs, they don't care if they're low level, they just want it. Oh...MF..."FU, Go beg at another techer" (Nope, it's not MF's job)^^; And it's a waste of your palette to carry buff weapons use it to variate your palette!

Only cast Giresta/Megistar IF you have it, it should be enough. Giresta fixes up the damage you take of your HP. And resta of course, to heal yourself or stick to giresta. (Let the rest die! And level up their dimates, support ONLY yourself.)

^The awesomeness of a non-supporter...

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-04-03 10:59, Lighthero wrote:
Yes, they can cry for buffs, but wouldn't they be better off using buff items instead of asking a MF? I know people just want buffs, they don't care if they're low level, they just want it. Oh...MF..."FU, Go beg at another techer" (Nope, it's not MF's job)^^; And it's a waste of your palette to carry buff weapons use it to variate your palette!

Only cast Giresta/Megistar IF you have it, it should be enough. Giresta fixes up the damage you take of your HP. And resta of course, to heal yourself or stick to giresta. (Let the rest die! And level up their dimates, support ONLY yourself.)

^The awesomeness of a non-supporter...

<3

Kylie
Apr 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
This is the reason my newman alt is going MF. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif COmbined with the easy TECH leveling, it's going to be awesome.

zeroguy518
Apr 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
On a side note I'm so glad I wasted hours in buff parties after hearing this announcement.

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
yet to bad we still have to wait for another 4 months to recive this class...but yet a great wait at that. A perfect time to be getting all your wands, rods, and t-mags together so when the time comes your ready and not screwed over. although rod hunting will still be a b****

Lighthero
Apr 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
On 2008-04-03 11:05, zeroguy518 wrote:
On a side note I'm so glad I wasted hours in buff parties after hearing this announcement.

Oh yes, me too, altough I'll just get my buffs to 41 anyways (play At, level your buffs slow, level low level attack spells, then go in buff pt). And be both of them but of course MF as main job =P AT or FT only when it's needed. If I wouldn't...I wasted leveling my buffs to 31.

zeroguy518
Apr 3, 2008, 01:19 PM
Also time to level wartecher

Chaos320
Apr 3, 2008, 01:26 PM
newman wartecher...that should be fun -_-

Cracka_J
Apr 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
Man, you guys seem pretty lazy for the most part. When I play fT, I consider it as much as my job to keep the party buffed and healed as it is a fF's job to melee, a fG's job to range, and a PT's job to trap. It's an ability your character has that you should abuse at any chance. I try not to think of it as my "job", but rather something I can do to contribute to the team to get everyone to a common goal faster. You guys still seem so wrapped up in the "me me me" of psu and not the team aspect. It's a team based game, and you should try to do everything you can to make the team move smoother and quicker.

On 2008-04-03 11:12, Lighthero wrote:
Oh yes, me too, altough I'll just get my buffs to 41 anyways (play At, level your buffs slow, level low level attack spells, then go in buff pt). And be both of them but of course MF as main job =P AT or FT only when it's needed. If I wouldn't...I wasted leveling my buffs to 31.

I can pretty much agree with Lighthero tho. Master classes seem like they were intended by design to be used in parties, so if you intend on playing MF, you should also still intend on playing fT and or AT and switching between them depending on the situations. I fail to see how anything is going to waste...pa disks are transferable anyways, so if you really want to go straight MF, just make another char and transfer your level techs.

Lighthero
Apr 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
On 2008-04-03 11:55, Cracka_J wrote:
Man, you guys seem pretty lazy for the most part. When I play fT, I consider it as much as my job to keep the party buffed and healed as it is a fF's job to melee, a fG's job to range, and a PT's job to trap. It's an ability your character has that you should abuse at any chance. I try not to think of it as my "job", but rather something I can do to contribute to the team to get everyone to a common goal faster. You guys still seem so wrapped up in the "me me me" of psu and not the team aspect. It's a team based game, and you should try to do everything you can to make the team move smoother and quicker.

Yeah, I know but level 10 buffs won't make much difference when your MF if they'd had 20 I'd probably do it on every block/b4 boss not more. I don't wanna waste time buffing everyone every minute. Killing the enemies would be faster... With FT/AT I always buff/heal then use attack spells. Don't think I'm not a team player, people hardly lose HP, and when they do, like 1/4th part or something I just heal them for a half sec. People won't die like this unless they're 1 hit or something or walk away and not be in range.

Also, the game is pretty much too easy, only for the party missions is a real team needed, for the rest it's more like random. You can most of time solo anything when you're around the enemies' level. Making people not to work as a team, but just to button mash method of "kill kill kill"

TecherRamen
Apr 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah. I gotta say after buffing and healing for a year and not getting to nuke stuff this will be nice... Hell I might go as far as not even using any support techs, Just using dis tris stars and megistrides.... yeah....

Cracka_J
Apr 3, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-04-03 12:26, Lighthero wrote:
Yeah, I know but level 10 buffs won't make much difference when your MF if they'd had 20 I'd probably do it on every block/b4 boss not more.

True, but when I meant lazy I was talking about people who are currently playing fT, and think buffing is chore. The OP basically said that he's going MF because he's sick of people asking him for buffs. Well, to be honest, they shouldn't be asking him in the first place if he's playing his class to it's full ability. Like it or not, buffs are a part of a fT's arsenal, and people should take full advantage of them. When I see fT's not buffing/healing when there's no AT in the party, yeah, I do see that as laziness.

The OP will likely be better suited as an MF since he pretty obviously had no interest in buffs from the start. For me, I will play MF when there's a dedicated AT in the party, but I'll still be playing fT for the most part when there's not.

RemiusTA
Apr 3, 2008, 03:13 PM
*walks in*

On 2008-04-03 10:28, zeroguy518 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the level 10 Support because now I'm not going to be stuck carrying around a buff rod (Without people yelling at me for being a bad techer)

w00t! can't wait

*walks the fuck out*

str898mustang
Apr 3, 2008, 03:24 PM
just tired of baby-sitting

Chao_Sorceror
Apr 3, 2008, 04:16 PM
Just dumb, lv 10 buffs are the same as 30 or 40, just last longer.

We'll always keep getting asked to buff, they'll just have to learn not to depend on us for it, AND STOP BLAMING US FOR DYING SO MUCH.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2008, 04:18 PM
If I'm not mistaken, each effect level of buffs adds 5% to the effectiveness of the buff (adds 5% atp to your total atp). 'course, I'm not force.

desturel
Apr 3, 2008, 04:29 PM
On 2008-04-03 14:16, Chao_Sorceror wrote:
Just dumb, lv 10 buffs are the same as 30 or 40, just last longer.

No. Buffs get stronger the higher level they are.

level 1 shifta/agtaar will give you ATP increase level 1 and last for 2 mins.

level 31 shifta/agtaar will give you ATP increase level 4 and last for 5 mins.

To test, switch to acrotecher.
Hit a creature with a normal attack (saber or dagger).
Do level 31 shifta on yourself.
Hit the same type of creature with the same attack on the same weapon.
Pop a Agtaride.
Hit the same type of creature with the same attack on the same weapon.
Make note of the damage difference.

Or you can also go with Retier and Retaride while using a spell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-04-03 14:29 ]</font>

mvffin
Apr 3, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'll still be full-time AT, so I'll buff everyone. Buffing once every 2 blocks isn't gonna take up much of my time.

Sidney
Apr 3, 2008, 10:43 PM
To those who demand buffs: isn't this game easy enough?
None of my party (and I only play with my clan) asks for buffs because this game is insanely easy and monsters die in a matter of seconds. There's no need for buffs or debuffs in a game that is this ridiculously easy. I'd buff if there was actually a NEED to. The only reason people want buffs now is so they can see "LOL!BIGNUMBARZ"

mvffin
Apr 3, 2008, 11:15 PM
speeds up the run times, meaning more chances for rares.

Legendria
Apr 3, 2008, 11:26 PM
Even now as a FT, I join full parties, cast Retier (MAYBE Zodial too), and proceed to nuke. I let the party die, then Giresta if they happen to be near me.

I play my FT like a melee class....no....like a DAMAGE class.

MF is no big switch for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-03 21:27 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2008, 11:31 PM
i've been saying this stuff for a LONG time i am SO sick of being ONLY able to buff and heal with out everyone complaining about me wanting to get some xp by actually doing what forces do, NUKE! But no, i compromised and said to my self "well forces are the only ones with magic and they dont so I'll do it" NOW i get to FINALLY get to play a mage instead of a cleric.

Caradoc
Apr 3, 2008, 11:46 PM
Well have fun getting booted from countless parties because you can't buff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can see it happening like crazy unfortunately :

LeMan_Bayon
Apr 3, 2008, 11:47 PM
Is it really that hard to support and nuke at the same time? There is like 4 min between buffs as a fortetecher?

And actually, I've been playing with a masterforce who was beating me to resta while I was fortetecher just because of the sheer speed they have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2008-04-03 21:50 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
On 2008-04-03 21:47, LeMan_Bayon wrote:
Is it really that hard to support and nuke at the same time?

no just annoying

On 2008-04-03 21:46, Caradoc wrote:
Well have fun getting booted from countless parties because you can't buff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can see it happening like crazy unfortunately :

well then eff it, i'll go back to AcroFighter if they want to be that shitty about it

Lighthero
Apr 3, 2008, 11:58 PM
On 2008-04-03 21:31, Omega_Weltall wrote:
i've been saying this stuff for a LONG time i am SO sick of being ONLY able to buff and heal with out everyone complaining about me wanting to get some xp by actually doing what forces do, NUKE! But no, i compromised and said to my self "well forces are the only ones with magic and they dont so I'll do it" NOW i get to FINALLY get to play a mage instead of a cleric.

Agreed, but when I buff/heal or something it's only for a short time, I still nuke 8-9/10 times. So, I don't mind doing healing/buffs with FT, only thing is I DON"T keep everyone buffed when some1 comes in or dies. waste of time. With AT, I always buff for some reason, nuke, heal...All goes fast enough with their speed.

^I was hoping in the first place to play FT as a real offensive techer instead of 50/50 off/sup techer. Apparently, this never happened MF took that job. Too bad we need to wait some time until we get it.

O yeah. One other reason not to heal others as MF, wth is with the resta/giresta/buff range? *goes to party members in fight, huge enemy RAPES you, dies* And it's weak....Try healing a FF in a few resta's *casts 10-20, see's 200hp healed everytime...1 hour later...phew that took long, use your di/tri-mates dude*

mvffin
Apr 4, 2008, 01:37 AM
On 2008-04-03 21:47, LeMan_Bayon wrote:
Is it really that hard to support and nuke at the same time? There is like 4 min between buffs as a fortetecher?

THIS

5 min inbetween for an AT. thats like 3-5 times per run, for a total "wasted" time of: <20 seconds.

Arika
Apr 4, 2008, 02:10 AM
everyone saying about lv 21+ buff on fT only.
actually, fT will get lv 31+ buff when master class release.
Thus, to compare with master class, compare the lv 31-40 buff/giresta.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 4, 2008, 02:52 AM
Look, the only time I expected buffs, were at the beginning of each block, and before bosses. Otherwise, go ahead and nuke. But I still say you should have a resta ready for anytime you see someone with low health. Yeah, they can probably heal it themself. But c'mon as a beast i remember having yellow health with 800 hp. That means I could get hit a few more times before dieing, there's plenty of time to heal. Obviously if you don't have time that's one thing. But if you see someone low health, I don't know why you wouldn't heal. I always do as a force.

As a MF, i still say resta should be ready at times when you know the party will be taking a lot of damage. Sure it might not be giganto, but you cast much faster, and have a pretty good TP mod, so it'll still help. IE, places like 3 svaltus. It's extremely easy to tag to get exp, and keep attacking when everyone has plenty of health.

I guess my real problem is, a lot of forces complain about being expected to heal, and they just want to nuke. But most of the time I played in max level parties. Why is it that significant to tag if you're already max level? When I attack when I need exp, I usually try to tag all the enemies with my Xbow, then focus on one. One of the best parts about being max level is being able to completely focus on the toughest enemy, and not worry about exp. I would think as a force, being max level would mean you could do the same. Focus on hitting whatever enemy, but you could easily take a break with no penalty, to heal.

My problem is people who find it ridiculous that others think they should heal. Healing is one of the best features of the job, and I doubt you'll find a single masterforce without resta on at least one weapon.

Oh and on another note. Any force that got upset for being asked to heal, should never ever ask a melee user to stop using a photon art because it knocks enemies away.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-04 01:00 ]</font>

icewyrm
Apr 4, 2008, 03:58 AM
Some forces just don't carry support spells because thev've no room for them, I've come across a few techers with every attack technic (all 22 of em), 6 bullet PAs for bows and 8 bullet PAs for cards (yep, they had kyumeisei-shiki and Masei-shiki equipped) or a similar set up, and they pop mates and *rides just like most non techers.

And any melee user that uses photon art blowback moves constantly, has no right to complain if a cast wartecher comes in and starts regrant scattering monster groups to the 4 corners of the map http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dealer
Apr 4, 2008, 04:15 AM
I'm excited by these new options, if they are balanced well.

I find that the number of bad forces to good is probably 10 or 15 to 1. The problem is almost everyone's tech's suck, and they don't buff and debuff to help themselves or their group. Believe it or not - good techers do all the damage you're doing and have the buffs done overtop of everything.

What is your excuse? "This game is too easy" Please.

A good Masterforce will be fun to party with - especially if they actually have Techs 40+ that they're using. Right now there's about 50 people in the 360 version who should even consider the move to masterforce other than to privately level PAs .A bad MasterForce will be downright terrible to have around.

I like the Acrotecher class and think a good one in the party makes things much easier. But when we got Acrotecher, EVERYONE and there dog was an Acrotecher with level 1 buffs.

If you want to be a Masterforce, make an effort to level your PAs adequately to warrant the job title. I personally have way too much levelling to do.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 4, 2008, 05:04 AM
Mmm, I can't wait to see how badly two or three Ramegid 41+ spells will slow us down. *boots MF* Or WOULD I?

zeroguy518
Apr 4, 2008, 07:12 AM
Just for people that are talking about "bad techers" I have 21+ buffs, buff at the begining of every block/ right before boss and usually have giresta and reverser equiped, I just find it a pain I can only carry 5 real weapons and for all the melee classes and such no one expects you to stand around with random strangers for 6 hours and spam the y button (thoguh I guess thats what you do now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Cracka_J
Apr 4, 2008, 07:50 AM
On 2008-04-04 00:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Oh and on another note. Any force that got upset for being asked to heal, should never ever ask a melee user to stop using a photon art because it knocks enemies away.

bingo. kinda the pot callin the kettle black.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 08:02 AM
I don't get why everyone is so emo over level 10 support techs on Masterforce. Since PSO v1, there has been no class distinction between bitchhealer and nuker. And you know what? Everyone has just come to assume that Force=bitchhealer.

Cracka_J you were talking about how people are selfish for looking forward to people because they won't have to support. Well what's really selfish is the way we define a good force, which of course is a bitchhealer. What if this force wants to be a nuker? Too bad, everyone will consider you as terrible and won't want to play with you. Now we're getting some distinction between the two sides of teching.

Stop crying.

Cracka_J
Apr 4, 2008, 08:50 AM
On 2008-04-04 06:02, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Cracka_J you were talking about how people are selfish for looking forward to people because they won't have to support. Well what's really selfish is the way we define a good force, which of course is a bitchhealer. What if this force wants to be a nuker? Too bad, everyone will consider you as terrible and won't want to play with you. Now we're getting some distinction between the two sides of teching.

Stop crying.

Not what I was saying at all if you actually took the time to read my post.

I was saying you should use/abuse everything at your disposal, and for a fT, buffs/debuffs/heals SHOULD be a BIG part of your game. As much of your game as jabroga is to fF, as much of your game as rifles are to fG. They have lvl 30 support man, anyone playing fT should be taking full advantage of that, every chance they get. Play to your full ability that your class restrictions are giving you, and nothing less. When I play, I play to support the party for an overall goal of moving quicker, not just myself.

When a fT has lvl 30 heals, buffs and debuffs at their disposal and DOES NOTHING to take advantage of that ability, imo that is selfish and lazy.

If you just want to straight nuke, MF will be your class. Like I've already said, I prefer more team oriented play, and will play MF, but only if we have a dedicated AT in the party. Otherwise, I will play fT.

Cry0
Apr 4, 2008, 08:55 AM
One doesn't really need buffs if he's in a party of 4 to 6, as enough damage will be dealt already, and there are enough distractions to the enemies so you won't die.

The only thing I would think is nigh-on essential for a techer to do is resta, as it is far cheaper for them to do it then for a non-tech user. But still, one can carry up to 20 of each mates, that's more than enough for anyone to run one mission, even if he/she/it heals constantly with his own mates.

So basically, I never really ask anything from a fo (Im a hu myself), because 1) I hate to do it myself (babysitting, that is), and 2) there are more then enough options to heal/buff yourself if you really want it.

Legendria
Apr 4, 2008, 10:33 AM
On 2008-04-04 00:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
But I still say you should have a resta ready for anytime you see someone with low health. Yeah, they can probably heal it themself. But c'mon as a beast i remember having yellow health with 800 hp. That means I could get hit a few more times before dieing, there's plenty of time to heal. Obviously if you don't have time that's one thing. But if you see someone low health, I don't know why you wouldn't heal. I always do as a force.

As a MF, i still say resta should be ready at times when you know the party will be taking a lot of damage. Sure it might not be giganto, but you cast much faster, and have a pretty good TP mod, so it'll still help. IE, places like 3 svaltus. It's extremely easy to tag to get exp, and keep attacking when everyone has plenty of health.

I guess my real problem is, a lot of forces complain about being expected to heal, and they just want to nuke. But most of the time I played in max level parties. Why is it that significant to tag if you're already max level? When I attack when I need exp, I usually try to tag all the enemies with my Xbow, then focus on one. One of the best parts about being max level is being able to completely focus on the toughest enemy, and not worry about exp. I would think as a force, being max level would mean you could do the same. Focus on hitting whatever enemy, but you could easily take a break with no penalty, to heal.

My problem is people who find it ridiculous that others think they should heal. Healing is one of the best features of the job, and I doubt you'll find a single masterforce without resta on at least one weapon.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-04 01:00 ]</font>

The real question is, why the hell should I stop what I'M doing to chase you down and heal YOU? Just because the ability is there doesn't mean that we are obligated to use it.

It's just like asking a melee character to heal you with star atomizers when you get low, even if you are on the other side of the room.

No way, not happening.

Cracka_J
Apr 4, 2008, 10:53 AM
On 2008-04-04 08:33, Legendria wrote:
The real question is, why the hell should I stop what I'M doing to chase you down and heal YOU? Just because the ability is there doesn't mean that we are obligated to use it.

It's just like asking a melee character to heal you with star atomizers when you get low, even if you are on the other side of the room.

No way, not happening.

I don't think me or the jackel ever mentioned anything about running after people to heal/buff. I tend to do most of my buffing/healing in the middle of battle anyway, so the general pace of things is not offset. There are many opportunities that come up as a group where you will be fighting mobs and the general party tends to "clump" together, these are prime times for heals/buffs. If someone runs away or separates themselves from the general party, true, I will not usually attempt to go out of my way and heal/rebuff them. But playing as a group, there are MANY opportunities that arise when a party gets close together...you should constantly be paying attention to your map so you can capitalize on these situations while the rest of the party can still attack and progress.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cracka_J on 2008-04-04 08:58 ]</font>

shotsfired
Apr 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
my goodness, listen to all the whining techers....

gunners have great status effects - we use them
fighters have great power - they use it
techers have great power with techs.... and BUFFS - so use them!!

quit crying. it is an advantage to buff not only yourself but the team. it takes 5-10 secs to buff. if gunners could buff with 30+ we would, same with fighters. but they cant.

JAFO22000
Apr 4, 2008, 11:51 AM
On 2008-04-04 08:33, Legendria wrote:

No way, not happening.

Do you just run around all mission with a Resta/Reverser wand coupled with a Giresta/Regrant tech mag?? You're making it sound like you are CONSTANTLY healing and buffing. This is not the case, especially in a high level party. As said in earlier posts, the support aspect of this game does not take that long. Basically, buffs and giresta at the beginning of each block, then a heal every once in awhile if someone gets in trouble and possible reverser if someone gets stunned/frozen/put to sleep/shocked. This should be the bare minimum provided as support.

The REAL support forces make sure that any debuffed player is immediately re-buffed, that no other teammate gets below three-quarters health and that each and every status effect gets taken off as applied. Buffs at the beginning of the block (and refreshed when they are running out) and the occasional heal should be standard for all classes who can use tech. Teamwork.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
On 2008-04-04 06:50, Cracka_J wrote:

On 2008-04-04 06:02, Green_Archer3 wrote:

Stop crying.

Not what I was saying at all if you actually took the time to read my post.

I was saying you should use/abuse everything at your disposal, and for a fT, buffs/debuffs/heals SHOULD be a BIG part of your game. As much of your game as jabroga is to fF, as much of your game as rifles are to fG. They have lvl 30 support man, anyone playing fT should be taking full advantage of that, every chance they get. Play to your full ability that your class restrictions are giving you, and nothing less. When I play, I play to support the party for an overall goal of moving quicker, not just myself.

When a fT has lvl 30 heals, buffs and debuffs at their disposal and DOES NOTHING to take advantage of that ability, imo that is selfish and lazy.

If you just want to straight nuke, MF will be your class. Like I've already said, I prefer more team oriented play, and will play MF, but only if we have a dedicated AT in the party. Otherwise, I will play fT.

That's the exact attitude I'm talking about:

If a techer isn't being your bitch, (s)he's obviously a terrible techer.

You have trimates. You have sol atomizers. You have star atomizers. You have agatarides, defbarides, zodiarides, retarides, or megistarides if you wish. Hell you could even buy a HP restore unit if you want giresta. 99% of people should be able to afford these things. Nothing pisses me off more then when I'm on my fortetecher alt making sure everyone is healed, reversered, buffed and whatnot, but then I get frozen and I watch 5 people run around me as if I were a ghost.

Jabroga turns an average 15 minute run into a 5 minute one where nobody else gets EXP, and I've been gunning since day one and barely touch my rifles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif If you were looking for a staple gunner weapon, I believe what you were looking for was shotgun or crossbow

Also, I did read your post, now read mine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Legendria
Apr 4, 2008, 12:07 PM
Fortetechers shouldn't even be looked to for support anyway. What are Acrotechers for?

Certainly not for spamming melee PA's or Diga.

Zorafim
Apr 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
Isn't that what they do anyway? And, erm, wasn't the original topic how, being a master force, you finally have an excuse not to buff?

Cracka_J
Apr 4, 2008, 12:48 PM
Ok, since we're getting technical about post content now, I'll break your's down for you.

On 2008-04-04 09:57, Green_Archer3 wrote:
That's the exact attitude I'm talking about:

If a techer isn't being your bitch, (s)he's obviously a terrible techer.

Who said anything about techers being a bitch? Everything I stated in this thread is how I PLAY FT, and some opinions that I think are universal for fT players that want to contribute and create to a more enjoyable team environment.

You have trimates. You have sol atomizers. You have star atomizers. You have agatarides, defbarides, zodiarides, retarides, or megistarides if you wish. Hell you could even buy a HP restore unit if you want giresta. 99% of people should be able to afford these things. Nothing pisses me off more then when I'm on my fortetecher alt making sure everyone is healed, reversered, buffed and whatnot, but then I get frozen and I watch 5 people run around me as if I were a ghost.

Then either (1)don't play fT or (2) demand more out of your teammates. The people I try to run with nearly always have sols and stars equipped, just in case me or another techer gets stuck and needs help. If you can't rely on your team, best find some other peeps to play with.

And if your stuck to playing with randoms, just because your team is slacking on their jobs, it's ok for you to slack on yours? You make it sound like "I have to get this in order for me to do this". When you buff you make the TEAM stronger, and in turn you are stronger yourself. It's a win/win situation.

Jabroga turns an average 15 minute run into a 5 minute one where nobody else gets EXP, and I've been gunning since day one and barely touch my rifles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif If you were looking for a staple gunner weapon, I believe what you were looking for was shotgun or crossbow

So fF's shouldn't use jabroga, fG's rarely use rifles, and fT's should only buffs/heals when they don't feel like being (in your words) a bitch. Sounds like a awesome team that I hope to never join.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
This is getting way off topic. The point is, a techer should support on their will, not yours.

Does anyone yell at fighters to only use Jabroga, Chikki, and Assault Crush to max out their potential?

Does anyone yell at gunners to use nothing but shotguns, or rifles/twins when first person view is needed to max out their potential?

No. They don't.

Let techers play the way they want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

(Clearly you haven't had much, if any, experience with gunning. I'd suggest you get some before you start dictating what they're all about next time.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2008-04-04 11:03 ]</font>

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:04 PM
Dear god...someone call the wambulance -_-

Aries2384
Apr 4, 2008, 01:08 PM
Ill add my two cents in here...
I don't mind healing, buffing and or generally watching all my party members. I enjoy it it. BUT it shouldnt be a techer's job. It's the PARTY's job to keep everyone running. How many times have I Resta'd and Reversered people only to find that when I get in trouble or Frozen or something, no one drops a Sol Atomizer on me? So I sit, and sit, and sit, frozen. As a primary Techer, all of my characters (Fortegunner or Acrofighter) all carry Star and Sol Atomizers. All I ASK is that everyone take it upon themselves to keep the party going. I will really enjoy the MF class because it will add alil more flare to my techs! Puuuuurty! BUT I don't relish not being able to support my party. I wonder what resta will be like at lvl 10 with 2500 TP? Hmm..
OH and for techers whining about chasing people around trying to heal them, thats a bitch statement. Wether your Resta is 21 or 31, it has a very long reach indeed. I NEVER have to chase people because I am ALWAYS in the FRAY. When you learn how to be a techer, you learn how to dodge, heal quick enough, and generally stay alive in combat with half the HP any other class has. I've been doing it for a year. Go Wah somewhere else about chasing people with your resta. Oh and I buff in combat to save time on runs. Indeed, check your baggage at the door please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries2384 on 2008-04-04 11:09 ]</font>

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:10 PM
This whole Topic is nothing but the biggest nerd battle i have ever seen, and its sweet XD

*kicks feet up and watch's the 4eyes battle it out*

Aries2384
Apr 4, 2008, 01:14 PM
Oh no you don't you will bring yourself back in here and subject yourself to the horros of online nerdy wars! ::Grabs Chaos320 and drags back into fray::

Techer rights! Techer rights! All techer warriors I rally to me!!! Come and bring your weapons of destruction!!!
LoL J/k

Cracka_J
Apr 4, 2008, 01:17 PM
On 2008-04-04 10:54, Green_Archer3 wrote:
This is getting way off topic. The point is, a techer should support on their will, not yours.

Well at least we can agree on something. This'll be my last post in this topic.

My point is that a fT focusing on team play will have support incorporated into their gameplan. Nothing more, nothing less. Take that how you will.

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:17 PM
LMAO everyone in class is staring at me weird XD

anyways cant we all just agree that even though techers have a hard jobs, we ALL have hard jobs. Front lines men for being able to kick the shit out of stuff and not be shitty, Gunners to be able to put out damage only with guns?

(this should get good)

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
pssh...who says last post, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Get your hands back on your 2 handed sword and get back into the battle!

Legendria
Apr 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:17, Chaos320 wrote:
Front lines men for being able to kick the shit out of stuff and not be shitty

Not that hard anymore lol, JA ftw

Sekani
Apr 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
It's like I've traveled back in time to November 2006.

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:22, Legendria wrote:

On 2008-04-04 11:17, Chaos320 wrote:
Front lines men for being able to kick the shit out of stuff and not be shitty

Not that hard anymore lol, JA ftw

you know what i mean -_- dont pick on me i wanna go home *wah* stupid college

Legendria
Apr 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
College sux.

Except when it's awesome.

And it's awesome 100 % of the time. All the time.

Chaos320
Apr 4, 2008, 01:36 PM
prove it heh, no now its finally time to get going. im off to do nerdy stuff...like play games, get no where in life, etc...

Life Rules, sir

Spellbinder
Apr 4, 2008, 01:39 PM

w00t! can't wait

I personally find it embarassing that an Advanced Job that requires a person to level two other Advanced Jobs has Technics lower than the most basic of its tier.

Acrotecher [advanced] 50 Support
Fortecher [advanced] 40 Support
Guntecher [advanced] 30 Support
Wartecher [advanced] 30 support
Force [basic] 20 support
MasterForce [advanced] 10 Support

I realize Masterforce is the offensive Techer but really, that's a slap in the face to me.

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's so you'll use retarides instead of using a tech slot for retier. ;o

At any rate, it's nice to see a force type with a truly offensive posture, but the lack of decent support means a lack of interest for me, since I favor that style. Also, I'm very attached to my Shato and will cling to my 20% tech cost reduction tooth and nail.

Sekani
Apr 4, 2008, 01:52 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:39, Spellbinder wrote:

w00t! can't wait

I personally find it embarassing that an Advanced Job that requires a person to level two other Advanced Jobs has Technics lower than the most basic of its tier.

Acrotecher [advanced] 50 Support
Fortecher [advanced] 40 Support
Guntecher [advanced] 30 Support
Wartecher [advanced] 30 support
Force [basic] 20 support
MasterForce [advanced] 10 Support

I realize Masterforce is the offensive Techer but really, that's a slap in the face to me.

If, as you claim, you realize that Masterforce is an offensive techer, why are you basing your comparison to other tech-using classes solely on support? That looks, I dunno, pretty fucking dumb to me.

Weeaboolits
Apr 4, 2008, 02:02 PM
I think he meant that it was embarassing to be out support by lowly little base force, but at least they get them at all, gunmaster doesn't get puny ranger melee, nor does fighmaster get puny hunter bullets.

Inazuma
Apr 4, 2008, 02:48 PM
MF's regene (reverser) range is actually pretty dam big at lv 10. and if someone dies, you can revive them easily w/ giresta. resta has a very small range but you can still heal others for some decent HP if your close. and no one uses debuffs anyway so who cares about those.

the only thing MF really lacks is high level buffs. but thats AT's job now. if MF had the buffs too, it would make AT worthless.

if you prefer offense, play MF. support and defense, go AT. if you wanna do both of em slightly half-ass, go FT. ST has provided something for everyone. its not fair for one type to do everything the best.

Cathbar
Apr 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
I'm currently an AT (YES, I buff and heal without being asked, re-buff when it needs doing, and don't mind it in the least), and personally, I think it's great that there are now 3 classes of techers that all have a different "place" in the grand scheme of things. (excluding GT and WT [not that they don't belong anywhere, but I'm going to leave them out for this].)

MasterForces get the blow things to high heaven, exclusively
ForteTechers are the medium for when the party needs buffs AND lots of explosions
and AcroTechers will be the "white mage", or whatever, for when that's needed (And yet can still deal a respectable amount of damage... IMO)

I find it pleasing to know that I'll be able to shift play style according to what's needed. But that's just the way I like to play. I'm perfectly aware (and most of you should be too) that many people play differently according to how they want to play OR how they feel it should be played. Simply, it's their choice and no one elses.

To everyone that's complaining about being buffed or not being able to buff or what not, THIS is why we have different jobs. Each job fits in a unique little niche just for it.

AT's are for those who rely heavily on buffing and healing in their play style.
FT's are for those who don't rely on it as much, but still would like a decent boost along with their high damage percent.
MF's are there for the many of you who could care less about raised stats and purly want to see just how much death and destruction they can cause.

If you want buffs, become a job that can buff or find someone who doesn't mind buffing. If you're tired of buffing, become a job where you don't have to buff or find another person who wouldn't mind buffing instead. If you think that techers, regardless of what type of techer, should buff and heal you when you want it, tough. You have fingers, you can do it just as well as they can (1 way or another).

Edit: This isn't to say that techers shouldn't buff. I agree that they should do all they can in everyone's best interest, but it's up to them whether or not to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cathbar on 2008-04-04 13:05 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 04:29 PM
On 2008-04-04 13:00, Cathbar wrote:

Edit: This isn't to say that techers shouldn't buff. I agree that they should do all they can in everyone's best interest, but it's up to them whether or not to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cathbar on 2008-04-04 13:05 ]</font>

Sums up my thoughts as well.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 5, 2008, 09:41 PM
I've pretty much just come to accept the fact that MasterForce is meant for just dealing TECH damage. Only reason I'm upset, as stated before, the hours wasted sitting in a buff party, or Resta/Reverser party. That's basically it.
(Plus I was looking to that level 41 Reverser, WITHOUT having to switch to Acro. Icy. D:)

Anywhom with the sacrifice of the Support. Think of the things other classes don't get.
ENHANCED VISUALS.
Now, when you walk into a party with your level 41 TECH's, think about it. You will be praised for them.

How may times have you been praised in ways like these...
"OMG what the fuck was that????"
"Hey, can you cast [INSERT TECH HERE] again???"
"That looks badass."
And the like.

Now when you get to the 41's, you will be the life of the party.

Not finished yet. Let's assume you have most 41's, add that with the casting speed to make the WOW factor even more WOWish.

So yeah, aside from 10 Support. Masterforce will be fwiggin awesome.

Oh yeah before I forget...
Try not to make the other techers jealous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
My motto is. "If I'm not blinding and or lagging your screen, I'm not doing a good job. D:"