PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, yon workplace.

Retniwreven
Apr 3, 2008, 02:17 PM
Well, this will be my final post from work. We're done, closed, ended, goodbye. Farewell.

Not that I'm actually going to stop posting here. I use it lots at home. I just mean I'll never be making another post from my workplace here again.

T'was fun while it lasted.

Out_Kast
Apr 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
So in other words, you're leaving that area of work for good?

Retniwreven
Apr 3, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, I didn't plan to leave, but as they're shutting down the Dell site here... Yes. =X

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 05:04 PM
you worked at Dell?

o.o

Retniwreven
Apr 3, 2008, 05:59 PM
Yeeeees.
o_o

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 06:00 PM
Awesome-;o
~_~

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yummy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2008-04-03 16:21 ]</font>

Tact
Apr 3, 2008, 06:48 PM
What's yummy? Double posts? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I remember someone saying that they tasted horrible.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 07:57 PM
Double taco

Retniwreven
Apr 3, 2008, 11:13 PM
I like tacos.
Awesome?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2008, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure.

;o

Retniwreven
Apr 4, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hmm. Now whose computer am I supposed to troubleshoot?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 01:48 AM
Ronin's. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retniwreven
Apr 4, 2008, 02:09 AM
The only thing I can suggest for that system is to throw it at a hobo and acquire a new one.
Or, you know, find a really loaded hobo, and take his.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 08:26 AM
Take a panhandler's?

Awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Out_Kast
Apr 4, 2008, 10:26 AM
Is it actually possible to find a 'really loaded hobo'?
Infact, what the hell is a hobo? ._.

Retniwreven
Apr 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hobo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hobo is a term that refers to a subculture of wandering homeless people, particularly those who make a habit of hopping freight trains. The iconic image of a hobo is that of a downtrodden, shabbily-dressed and perhaps drunken male, one that was solidified in American culture during the Great Depression. Hoboes are often depicted carrying a bindle and/or a sign asking for money/work/food.

The hobo imagery has been employed by entertainers to create horribly failing characters in the past, two of them being Emmett Kelly's "Weary Willy" and Red Skelton's "Freddy the Freeloader".

Hoboes differentiate themselves as travelers who are homeless and willing to do work, whereas a tramp travels but will not work and a bum does neither.

Hobo may also refer to:

* The hobo culture of itinerancy
* Hobo spider
* Hobo (programming framework)
* Hobo (book)
* Hobo (typeface)
* HoBO, a magazine published since 2003
* Hobo, a 1970's German magazine which covered West Berlin
* HOBO (Robot) A Bomb disposal robot developed in Ireland
* The Hobo, a 1917 film starring Oliver Hardy
* The Hobos - a rock band from Latvia.
* A slang name for Hibernian Football Fans.

Retniwreven
Apr 4, 2008, 11:46 AM
Furthermore:

The National Hobo Convention is held in Britt, Iowa each year in early to mid August. Hoboes come to town and stay in the "Hobo Jungle" telling stories around campfires at night. A hobo king and queen are named each year and get to ride on special floats in the Hobo Day parade. Following the parade, mulligan stew is served to hundreds of people in the city park as live entertainment, a carnival, and a flea market give everyone something to do.

In the year 1900 the town fathers of Britt invited Tourist Union #63 to bring their annual convention to Britt (it was previously held on Market Street in Chicago). They did, it has remained in Britt since.

Out_Kast
Apr 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
Aah. I see.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2008, 07:47 PM
On 2008-04-03 15:04, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
you worked at bowling nerf boss thing weird place?

o.o

Right, pay attention next time in the cat thread. I don't care if you don't like cats!