PDA

View Full Version : sooo i Canceled, deleted, erased, and obliterated my psu ac

blkbeast
Apr 3, 2008, 06:05 PM
sooo i Canceled, deleted, erased, and obliterated my psu account...and today i called and tryed to reinstate it...and they said "were sorry sir they do not offer that in their ploicy" (pause as a part of me dies) is that ok sir?" i suck it up and say yes and thank you. Now my ?tion is that any1 who also canceled their account did you come back on the same 1? or have to make a new 1? OR!!! did you stop playin lol jk ok seriouly GUY and GIRLS i NEED your HELP any INFO will be universally gratifiying!!!!

ashley50
Apr 3, 2008, 06:08 PM
most of the returning players got their account like it was when they came back.

HFlowen
Apr 3, 2008, 06:09 PM
The only thing that stands out to me is that you said you "called," which makes me think you're on the 360?

On the ps2/PC version I've canceled my account on several different occasions when I knew I wouldn't be able to play for a month or so. I just go back to the website when I want to play again, enter my info and buy a new subscription. Since your character is tied to your log in name and not the subscription itself, everything should stay. They do have a 6 month rule that if you are inactive for that amount of time, they reserve the right to delete your information at any time. They almost never have a reason to do this though.

blkbeast
Apr 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:09, HFlowen wrote:
The only thing that stands out to me is that you said you "called," which makes me think you're on the 360?

On the ps2/PC version I've canceled my account on several different occasions when I knew I wouldn't be able to play for a month or so. I just go back to the website when I want to play again, enter my info and buy a new subscription. Since your character is tied to your log in name and not the subscription itself, everything should stay. They do have a 6 month rule that if you are inactive for that amount of time, they reserve the right to delete your information at any time. They almost never have a reason to do this though.

THANK YOU HFlowen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
its only been like 3 months sooo WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aries2384
Apr 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
I know several people on the 360 that have canceled their accounts for 6+ months and got their accounts back with everything intact...

-Chilly
Apr 3, 2008, 07:57 PM
Canceled my account Jan 2007 came back Jan 2008, everything was how I left it, even a few B ranks I had left in shop remained. ;-;

Chris28
Apr 3, 2008, 08:33 PM
I came back after over a year off, and everything was still in place. I dusted my room real quick and started lvling up.

Tamashi
Apr 3, 2008, 08:42 PM
It's actually a 3 month rule. 90 days on the spot.

Of course, they still wouldn't delete you even if you left for a year, as you can see from the above posts.

Zalgadas
Apr 3, 2008, 08:56 PM
yar, ive been gone for 6 month periods twice. I played for like a month and a half after release quit came back shortly before firebreak. Quit again after Firebreak. came back halfway through Winter Event and dont plan on quitting anytime soon.

Yunfa
Apr 3, 2008, 10:58 PM
Sega are jackasses unlike Final Fantasy XI...I think they delete your things after 3 months, AND charge you extra per extra character you make.

DraginHikari
Apr 4, 2008, 01:04 AM
On 2008-04-03 20:58, Yunfa wrote:
Sega are jackasses unlike Final Fantasy XI...I think they delete your things after 3 months, AND charge you extra per extra character you make.

More then that after SquareEnix delete your characters, your resigsteration numbers are no longer valid so you have to buy another copy of the damn game.

AlMcFly
Apr 4, 2008, 01:38 AM
I canceled and was gone over a year and a half. Back when there was a lvl 60 cap. Just returned a little over a month ago and everything is like it was back then. Perfectly intact ;P.

goaferboy
Apr 4, 2008, 06:23 AM
On 2008-04-03 23:04, DraginHikari wrote:

More then that after SquareEnix delete your characters, your resigsteration numbers are no longer valid so you have to buy another copy of the damn game.

Well fondle my moustache. So I just have an even more useless coaster sat in my room? I knew my character was probably long gone, but now I can't even play it if I wanted (HAHAHAHA!) to?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-04-04 04:24 ]</font>

SirenV
Apr 4, 2008, 09:51 AM
On 2008-04-04 04:23, goaferboy wrote:

Well fondle my moustache. So I just have an even more useless coaster sat in my room? I knew my character was probably long gone, but now I can't even play it if I wanted (HAHAHAHA!) to?

Yes, I can confirm this. When I called the support line the guy did everything he could to not have to say "You have to buy another copy of the game if you want to play again", which was pretty unprofessional. It was awhile after that that they launched the character recovery initiative. This was a long time ago though, I'm not sure if their policy has changed.
I've never heard of PSU characters being deleted before, though. (Granted there aren't THAT many players)

goaferboy
Apr 4, 2008, 04:04 PM
On 2008-04-04 07:51, SirenV wrote:

Yes, I can confirm this. When I called the support line the guy did everything he could to not have to say "You have to buy another copy of the game if you want to play again", which was pretty unprofessional. It was awhile after that that they launched the character recovery initiative. This was a long time ago though, I'm not sure if their policy has changed.
I've never heard of PSU characters being deleted before, though. (Granted there aren't THAT many players)

I've just been thinking about the FF charade. Surely everyone who now has an unplayable copy of FF could go to trading standards (or whatever its called in america). You've payed for a game, surely you should be able to play it for as long as you own the game?

Not that I care anyway, I wouldn't play that again if you payed me.

And I think that Sega keep characters for 6 months, then delete them if they need room to make new ones. Since there isn't that many new people, they haven't deleted many/any accounts.

Skippy
Apr 4, 2008, 04:10 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-04-04 04:24 ]</font>

wait....they chaRGE U FOR EVERY CHARCTER U HAVE??? WHAAAAA? PLZ TELL ME IM NOT READING THIS RIGHT?

RemiusTA
Apr 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:05, blkbeast wrote:
sooo i Canceled, deleted, erased, and obliterated my psu account...and today i called and tryed to reinstate it...and they said "were sorry sir they do not offer that in their ploicy" (pause as a part of me dies) is that ok sir?" i suck it up and say yes and thank you. Now my ?tion is that any1 who also canceled their account did you come back on the same 1? or have to make a new 1? OR!!! did you stop playin lol jk ok seriouly GUY and GIRLS i NEED your HELP any INFO will be universally gratifiying!!!!

......how did you delete your account?

Ive cancelled my subscription over 5 times now, and i can always pay and start back right where i left off. Sega doesn't delete your account off their servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-04 15:54 ]</font>

goaferboy
Apr 4, 2008, 08:04 PM
On 2008-04-04 14:10, Skippy wrote:

wait....they chaRGE U FOR EVERY CHARCTER U HAVE??? WHAAAAA? PLZ TELL ME IM NOT READING THIS RIGHT?

Yeah, they charge for every character. Can't remember if its cheaper for extra characters or if its the same price. But there definately is a charge per character.

Tita
Apr 4, 2008, 10:43 PM
On 2008-04-03 16:09, HFlowen wrote:

especially on the ps2/pc servers >_>

thanks for the tidbits, btw. i thought that it was a 3 month rule and not a 6 month rule. having an extra security cushion is always welcomed news...

i'm thinking of canceling my account for a few months to focus on... Smash http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheWebb
Apr 4, 2008, 10:53 PM
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 14:10, Skippy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-04-04 04:24 ]

Yeah, they charge for every character. Can't remember if its cheaper for extra characters or if its the same price. But there definately is a charge per character.

This first caherecter is like $10-$11.99 and each one after that is an additional $1.00 to the total monthly price. at least it was when i played not sure if prices have changed since then.

Soulvayne
Apr 4, 2008, 10:54 PM
On 2008-04-04 18:04, goaferboy wrote:

Its 12.95 for your first character (content id) and 1.00 per each additional character (content id).

I've never heard of the registration codes being deleted however, as I've had friends that have come back using the Return to Vanadiel promotion (Account recovery basically) and have been able to use their old registration codes before.

Fox_Makenshi
Apr 5, 2008, 08:57 AM
Well it's not like SE always deletes your characters after the 3 months, a friend of mine left for over a year and kept his.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

PhdChristmas
Apr 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
On 2008-04-04 14:04, goaferboy wrote:

On 2008-04-04 07:51, SirenV wrote:

I've just been thinking about the FF charade. Surely everyone who now has an unplayable copy of FF could go to trading standards (or whatever its called in america). You've payed for a game, surely you should be able to play it for as long as you own the game?

Not that I care anyway, I wouldn't play that again if you payed me.

And I think that Sega keep characters for 6 months, then delete them if they need room to make new ones. Since there isn't that many new people, they haven't deleted many/any accounts.

PlayOnline has changed their policy to unsubscribed accounts. They don't delete inactive characters anymore. Not for the last 3 years. The "3 month" deal is the absolute safety time measure you have to restore a character YOU YOURSELF have deleted. Playonline has the ability to restore characters you have deleted up to a year ago, but they don' guarantee it(3month safety period). As long as you still have your 4letter, 4digit PlayOnline ID and password you can always log back into playonline and resume your subscription. Options are not the same when youve broken user agreements.

If PlayOnline has deleted your characters between 2005-2008, you were caught cheating or youv'e harassed one too many players. In the case where you have broken user agreements, your characters are deleted, account and ID's deleted and can't be used again.

To cancel your FFXI content ID, PlayOnline asks you to cancel all active content ID's, all too often many users instead delete their characters linked to their content ID's then cancel. You only need to cancel the content ID's.

As for the thread starter. You deleted your characters yourself didn't you? There is no 'character restoration' policy under SEGA.

-most players that claim to have had their characters deleted, were found to have illegitmate items or caught cheating and were therefore wiped from the servers.
-SEGA does not delete characters unless the characters are found to have excessively broken user agreements(harassing other players) or found to be cheating.
-characters belonging to an inactive account and owners decide to resubscribe a year later to find their characters gone. Odds are those players were cheaters.

ne1first
Apr 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
If you deleted your characters from the character selection screen then you can reactivate your account all you want but your characters are gone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ne1first on 2008-04-05 08:22 ]</font>

Maverynthia
Apr 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
On 2008-04-03 23:04, DraginHikari wrote

Completely false. You just reinstate your content ID and make new characters. I've deleted characters on a number of occasions. Once your game is registered with the server Unless your BANNED you have no worries...

Starlion
Apr 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
I just came back after a year and my character was still intact. Everything was the way i left it.