PDA

View Full Version : Criticals: Ranger Class

Andy1423
Apr 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
So back in the day, PSO criticals were determined by a stat value called LCK or luck. The more LCK, the more criticals you could land. Currently in PSU our Luck is a bunch of twinklin' stars next to our id tag, valued 0-3. I've always been confused in PSU how this is calculated, I would like to know for sure.

HOW ARE CRITICAL RANGED ATTACKS DETERMINED?

Discuss...

Dhylec
Apr 4, 2008, 01:05 PM
I believe there is a hiddlen luck stat in-game for critital hits. The 'bunch of twinklin' stars' is photon fortune. 'Luck' is a lazy name for it, I guess. ;]

Aries2384
Apr 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
What happened to the day when crits were determined by Agility and Dexterity? But I see your point. LCK back in PSO was more than just item drops, just the same as Item drops were more than LCK (Can we say Section ID ftw?).

Mikura
Apr 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
You know, I really wish crits were based on ATA...but make it exclusive to rangers since melee already have Just Attack. Would give ATA more meaning and bring rangers a bit more on par with other jobs as far as damage is concerned.

Darius_Drake
Apr 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:12, Aries2384 wrote:
What happened to the day when crits were determined by Agility and Dexterity? But I see your point. LCK back in PSO was more than just item drops, just the same as Item drops were more than LCK (Can we say Section ID ftw?).

I thought that the Section ID only affected which rare drops you got, not necessarily how many you got.

GreenArcher
Apr 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
PSO : Luck only effected criticals. Section ID effected what rares would drop. Drop rates were set in stone

PSU : Not exactly sure lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2008-04-04 11:23 ]</font>

amtalx
Apr 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
There is a hidden stat for CHR (Critical Hit Rate) that is determined by your class which governs your criticals. PTs have the highest. Unfortunately there are no items that affect this...yet.

Mikura
Apr 4, 2008, 01:28 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:21, amtalx wrote:
There is a hidden stat for CHR (Critical Hit Rate) that is determined by your class which governs your criticals. PTs have the highest. Unfortunately there are no items that affect this...yet.

Source?

panzer_unit
Apr 4, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-04-04 11:28, Mikura wrote:

On 2008-04-04 11:21, amtalx wrote:

Source?

Class stats thread. Check the stickies in the gameplay section... those numbers are based on JP info, I assume PSU Perfect Bible.

EDIT: critical hit rate boost should be a random % when synthesizing range and tech weapons... much like element % for melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-04 11:55 ]</font>

Andy1423
Apr 4, 2008, 02:07 PM
EDIT: critical hit rate boost should be a random % when synthesizing range and tech weapons... much like element % for melee weapons.

That would be a sweet idea, much like the HIT: % in PSO.

Alonge with that, I really wish they would bring back the LCK stat. It might be somthing for a ranger to put a GOD LUCK in their HEAD SLOT. Or at least giving the option to boost the stat instead of having no control over it.

Mikura
Apr 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-04-04 12:07, Andy1423 wrote:

That would be a sweet idea, much like the HIT: % in PSO.

Alonge with that, I really wish they would bring back the LCK stat. It might be somthing for a ranger to put a GOD LUCK in their HEAD SLOT. Or at least giving the option to boost the stat instead of having no control over it.

Even though PSO had LCK which determined hit rate, it doesn't make sense to me to have it in PSU. At least ATA is more logical. You're more accurate, right? That would lend itself to dealing "critical" hits in "critical" areas while you're shooting with a ranged weapon (Once again, this would only apply to ranged attacks, not melee). And it'd give ATA a freaking use. Right now, ATP is the only thing that matters and ATA is just...there. Make it useful for a change. I imagine that'd be easier to do anyway since ATA is already an existing stat in the game and it's a stat that could be modified.

Batman2414
Apr 4, 2008, 06:03 PM
Duzzinhoff thank you for asking that question. i would also like to know how the determine whether you critical or not.

i would also like to see the source for PT having the highest critical rate (male or female matter?) because if it was just bassed on class it could make some sense... some...

It would be nice if it was based off of ata or sta.

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 07:57 PM
^ why the fuck would critical hits be determined by stamina?

Batman2414
Apr 5, 2008, 02:23 PM
^ Well, if it stops you from getting status effected maybe, Jesus, just maybe they would let it work both ways for you and have that stat critical/status effect.

I’m glad people can still ask a simple question nicely…

Talise
Apr 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
well it just doesn't make sense that way...stamina is like endurance...well, actually it IS also endurance in the game, so, ya..not gonna have a bearing on crits.

Batman2414
Apr 5, 2008, 11:49 PM
whatever. that wasn't even the point.

Kion
Apr 6, 2008, 12:24 AM
On 2008-04-04 17:57, Ryan113 wrote:

or end, there's really no need for two of the same stat. atleast put it to SOME use.

mvffin
Apr 6, 2008, 12:35 AM
I remember reading somewhere on PSOW long ago that Protranser's crit rate was 2x the norm, and FG was 1.5x the norm. Dunno if any other classes get bonuses now, and I can't find the page that had those stats on it.

Talise
Apr 6, 2008, 04:33 AM
On 2008-04-05 22:24, Kion wrote:

or end, there's really no need for two of the same stat. atleast put it to SOME use.

not sure what you mean by this...stamina IS end. ST just decided to be weird and give the stat 2 different names.

Kion
Apr 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
that's kind of what i was getting at. stamina and end currently are the exact same stat which is really pointless, so maybe they should change end to be the chance for criticals.

KiteWolfwood
Apr 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
Every class has a crit rate 100%(which is the normal crit rate) with the exception of the following:
-Ranger, Fortegunner, and Guntecher: 130% CHR
-Protranser: 150% CHR

Now what this increased Critical Hit Rate means is how much more of
Increased chance of a critical hit compared to the normal chances of 100% (aka normal hit rate for criticals for most classes).

bottom line is
a protranser will crit 1 1/2 (150%) more often then a fortefighter (100%) normally would, and so on.

I think it was figured out that the base CHR is around 10% which means Gunners get 13%CHR and PT are at 15% CHR.

Starrz
Apr 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
On 2008-04-06 02:33, Talise wrote:

On 2008-04-05 22:24, Kion wrote:

not sure what you mean by this...stamina IS end. ST just decided to be weird and give the stat 2 different names.

All stats have 2 names, except HP and CHR.

ATP/Att.
DFP/Def.
ATA/Acc.
TP/Tech.
MST/Ment.
STA/End.

One refers to the base stat, the other refers to the accumulation of all equipment.

Therefore you could have 1000 ATP, but 2000 Att. total.