PDA

View Full Version : I think many of you guys know this but what the heck...(Wind

VanHalen
Apr 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
Go to start on your taskbar and type in "telnet"

At the screen type "o" and press enter. Next type "towel.blinkenlights.nl" and you will be treated to an ASCII version of Star Wars ep IV.

make sure not to type the quotation marks ;o

and its hilarious when the characters are shocked.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
I could have sworn peopl exploited that, to where some people could ping into your system.

I guess it was disproven though.
Typed in the towel thing, nothing happened.

Randomness
Apr 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
Ah. I knew it existed, didn't know how to access it.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 05:23 PM
Is notepad supposed to open after you type telnet? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
Apr 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
On 2008-04-04 15:15, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
I could have sworn peopl exploited that, to where some people could ping into your system.

I guess it was disproven though.
Typed in the towel thing, nothing happened.

Really? I never heard of that.

Are you sure you typed it correctly? I just typed in everything I just put and it worked.

VanHalen
Apr 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
On 2008-04-04 15:23, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Is notepad supposed to open after you type telnet? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

A black window is supposed to open up when you type in telnet.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 05:36 PM
nope, I get notepad. =/

Oh, that's because notepad is on my quick thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2008-04-04 15:36 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
Shoot, now it just asks me if I want to log off.

Shadowpawn
Apr 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
This must be for XP, Vista don't have no egg boi.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 4, 2008, 06:03 PM
Doesn't work on mine for some strange reason. =/

VanHalen
Apr 4, 2008, 06:33 PM
;(

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2008, 08:25 PM
On 2008-04-04 15:39, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Shoot, now it just asks me if I want to log off.

Time to get a mac like Oran, get away from the microbling ghost boxes. Buy the bling over regular price white boxes.

Sord
Apr 4, 2008, 10:56 PM
works for me

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 4, 2008, 11:19 PM
That's because this isn't an Easter Egg. Someone made this. Telnet is the DOS version of the internet. Google MUDs and try some of those. They use Telnet.

Also, for those that have trouble, you need to open a command prompt and type in telnet there.

Shadowpawn
Apr 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
It's restricted in Vista. Yay Vista.

Shadowpawn
Apr 4, 2008, 11:48 PM
Unblocked telnet, thanks google. I see it nou.

Blitzkommando
Apr 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
loltelnet... Yeah. It's a remote access utility. Meaning it works both ways which is why it was disabled by default in Vista as it was a security risk. It's a neat thing for sure to see someone spent that much time doing something so useless but it gets boring very quickly. Anyway, just keep in mind that the Telnet service is very old and can be used to compromise system security.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2008, 01:55 PM
On 2008-04-05 10:42, Blitzkommando wrote:
loltelnet... Yeah. It's a remote access utility. Meaning it works both ways which is why it was disabled by default in Vista as it was a security risk. It's a neat thing for sure to see someone spent that much time doing something so useless but it gets boring very quickly. Anyway, just keep in mind that the Telnet service is very old and can be used to compromise system security.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Saw a few vids of this on youtubes and there were people (talking in complete sentences http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif) saying not to do this, as someone, in this case the poster of the vid, could hack your computer.

Out_Kast
Apr 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
Weird. I never knew about that one before.
It's not the whole film, is it?