PDA

View Full Version : AotI: PvP mission on PSUpedia

zeroguy518
Apr 4, 2008, 08:19 PM
A few days ago I saw a PvP run on the fron page of PSUpedia, I'm assuming this was a April Fool's joke I didn't figure out at the time since I can't find the page again >.>, Anyone know if this was for real?

I don't recall the exact description but I think it was Guardian colony 5th floor 2-6 players and something like "A new training simulator where guardians can spare against one another"

(sorry if this is old)

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 08:21 PM
not an april fools joke, it will be out eventually.

Ryudo
Apr 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
It was an aprils fools.

Ryan is thinking of a different mission in the dengeki cup

Romanos
Apr 4, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hoverboard racing is probly what he's sayin

zeroguy518
Apr 4, 2008, 08:26 PM
Alright, thanks for the info (Damn you PSUpedia!)

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 09:10 PM
On 2008-04-04 18:24, Ryudo wrote:
It was an aprils fools.

Ryan is thinking of a different mission in the dengeki cup

yeah and didnt EspioKaos or someone say that we'd be getting that event with a different name eventually? So yeah, we would get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2008-04-04 19:15 ]</font>

Romanos
Apr 4, 2008, 09:17 PM
We ARE getting the dengeki cup, but it does NOT have PVP missions in it

pikachief
Apr 4, 2008, 09:20 PM
On 2008-04-04 19:17, Romanos wrote:

thank you lol. mistranslation, everyone thought it was PvP >.> i translated it and read it carefully myself and was like "Hey! thats not PvP!" lol

EspioKaos
Apr 4, 2008, 09:21 PM
http://psupedia.info/Guardian_Rivalry

^ That's the April Fool's joke that was on our front page on April 01. We've since moved the article to a new page with April Fool's in the title (clicking that will auto-redirect you there). When I moved it, I also added that little Lord Helmet thing at the top to make it obvious that it was a joke. (I figured the quote from the movie was approriate, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

http://psupedia.info/Lightning_Duel

^ That's the duel mission from Japan's current event, Dengeki Mission Carnival. It's not weapon-clashing PvP like most everyone was expecting... it's more of a race to the end of a puzzle room thing. One of these days I'll get around to writing some actual details on it in that article. <_<

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 09:31 PM
Well nobody ever said back then that it was a mistranslation. And I wasn't talking about the joke mission on psu-pedia and here, I was talking about PvP in general, because I heard HERE that we would get it a while back.

EspioKaos
Apr 4, 2008, 09:35 PM
On 2008-04-04 19:20, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-04 19:17, Romanos wrote:

thank you lol. mistranslation, everyone thought it was PvP >.> i translated it and read it carefully myself and was like "Hey! thats not PvP!" lol

Not so much a mistranslation, actually. When the first details of it were announced in an issue of Dengeki PlayStation, they specifically said it would be a PvP mission. They also stated that the fine details of the mission hadn't be worked out yet; most importantly, how to put everyone on an even playing field so that particular "ideal" race/type combos wouldn't dominate. I guess they were never able to clear that hurdle, so they went for a completely different approach by making it a non-battle PvP mission. Problem was, most everyone (myself included) was stuck on the idea of this being "traditional" PvP, and once we got the final mission description, it didn't clear much up because of how vague it was, talking about betting Dengeki Tickets and all.

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2008, 09:39 PM
Well non-battle PvP is retarted. lazy as ever sega. I thought of a way earlier of how it could be balanced but now i forgot it. >_<
but damn.

chaoskila
Apr 4, 2008, 10:20 PM
r u jokes!?!?!?
look at my sig guys

LOLOLOL
april fools

Finalzone
Apr 5, 2008, 12:33 AM
Makes sense. That event will test the players. As for traditional PvP, someone will find a way to abuse a particular then another complains will rise.