PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Union Contracts Soiree

Sayara
Apr 5, 2008, 08:26 AM
So, our work place (Giant/Safeway) with the union of AHOLD had a contract re-write up due to the fact our old contract expired.

Finally getting a peek at this contract i learned a few things about it that make me chuckle. No, i am not directly complaining but it is interesting how they work..

For the record, the only true benefit for the tier im on is that my schedule is released fridays now, not saturdays.

There is a new claimed pay wage chart if i chose to accept it, it looks promising but its got alot of catches in it.
A. Switching from the first to the 2nd chart makes it seem as if i'd get a huge pay raise.
ex: I have 3600 hrs here, so i am paied 8.35. Looking at the chart April 1st wage chart 3600 = 9.50 almost a 1.15 raise. bUT this is incorrect.

B. If i switch to the next pay chart, i gain a free raise (8.35-> 8.50 as to the new chart.) BUT start at that figure on the new chart. And to that new chart 8.50 is working around 1000 hours. So in otherwords Id be throwing away 2600 hours for 15 cents.

C. Max Pay would take 3000 hours more if i switch to the new payroll. More so since i'd be back at 1000ish hours, (old is 7800, new is 11000.)

D. Its written in such a fashion nobody can understand its tribble nonsense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
While the rest of the contract is basically giving "head" i guess to the old tiers.

Which amuses me because stores try their dandiest to rid of these old timers while the contract is kissing up to them.

Oh union! You screw us if we go on strike (can't file unemployment.), and you screw us (new tiers) if we don't!